The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited October 2010
    my comic

page1.png

page2.png

I'm not very talented but I put alot of love into these two pages, haven't slept yet. :D

no thoughts for this? hoped someone might like it
  • edited October 2010

I loved it! Specifically the "this isn't our car" part.
  • edited October 2010
    mathman77 wrote: »
    I loved it! Specifically the "this isn't our car" part.

sorry to ask, don't want to come across as a attention-seeker, just worry about my work sometimes
  • edited October 2010
    I entered this in the Halloween contest a few days ago, but I thought I would share it with the forums. Not the greatest, but good for my lack of artisticness.
    tombofsammunmak.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Wow, that's awesome.
  • edited October 2010
    yes, it is an amazing work :).
  • edited October 2010
    Aww man that's cool! How long did it take to put together?
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, I'd like to know that too, it looks incredible. Also, I say you should've included Jurgen trapped in the wall, but that's me =P

Oh, it's quite awesome alright, love your style.

Also, man, I just got an idea that I really want to do now, why couldn't I think of it before for the Halloween contest?
  • edited October 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Aww man that's cool! How long did it take to put together?

I made it out of a cardboard box, duct tape, and hot glue. It took from the time the contest was announced to the day before the deadline to make, but there were a few days I didn't have time to work on it at all.

To SunnyGuy, I was going to add Jurgen, but he was not on the wall at the same time as Sammeth and Maximus (in the dark, top left corner). I wanted to stay authentic. :p
  • edited October 2010
    Congrats to the diorama and anyone else on this thread who submitted and won the contest. Epic stuff, people
  • edited October 2010
    At first, I honestly couldn't tell what was special about that picture, because I thought it was a screenshot from the game that you'd photoshopped somehow. When I found out it was actually a handmade diorama, my reaction was, "HOLY S***!"

Awesome work. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Awesome work, everyone!
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    75625_1557798059779_1080080150_1484134_4993368_n.jpg

This is me dressed as Sam. (The one on the far right.)
  • edited October 2010
    :D I love it. Someone was Hugh Bliss a year or two ago, I'd love to see people dress as characters like Jurgen, the Stinkys, Papierwaite and Norrington, Myra or Brady Culture.
  • edited October 2010
    I think Jurgen would be a bit too painful for most people XD

@Strongbrush: Nice costume

@Pheep: Haha, Max fails at stealth XD
  • edited October 2010
    just got this one done...
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/#/d31wyli
  • edited November 2010
    It's awesome!
  • edited November 2010
    Kind of new here. Aside from the undead Sam & Max cake my gf and I submitted to the Halloween contest, I've mostly just been lurking. But here's a picture of Momma Bosco I did because no one seems to give her any love. What's up with that?

000qfwzp

I tried to do acryllic washes like Steve, but I haven't touched paints seriously in years so uhhh. Yeah.
  • edited November 2010
    I have nothing to say but wow...
  • edited November 2010
    Soup, I like you. You can stay.
  • edited November 2010
    Soup, you are epic. I'm seriously going to add that to my Wall 'O Fanart.
  • edited November 2010
    Soup, that is Awesomeness!
  • edited November 2010
    Here I go again...
    Blah blah blah. Character concepts for my style of drawing.

sketch_concepts_by_gohaku2-d325rnz.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Thinking about it, this fits in here as well:
    Took me a few days:

mttf.jpg

HERE's the big version. Also a poster version and a desktop wallpaper.
  • edited November 2010
    Laser, I can NOT get over how awesome that photo is.
  • edited November 2010
    This page has but three pieces of art, but it is feeling like one of the most epic page in epicness.
  • edited November 2010
    My new wallpaper is here!
  • edited November 2010
    Wow, this picture is going look crap in comparison to all the awesome thats here but I'll risk it.
    max_squish_by_sillystell-d32798a.jpg
    It's a concept for a new Max Model I'm gonna make, though I can't keep this one, request from a friend.
  • edited November 2010
    It doesn't look like crap at all. You will show us the model when it's done right? :)
    This page has but three pieces of art, but it is feeling like one of the most epic page in epicness.

I don't think I can disagree with that.
  • edited November 2010
    Thinking about it, this fits in here as well:
    Wow... just... wow.
  • edited November 2010
    Thinking about it, this fits in here as well: MAX TO THE FUTURE
    This is an epic picture is epic!
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Wow, this picture is going look crap in comparison to all the awesome thats here but I'll risk it. COOL+NESS

It's a concept for a new Max Model I'm gonna make, though I can't keep this one, request from a friend.

*Looks at Max pic*
    This SO NOT crap! I want to learn how to color digitally!
    So I can fill this in... I'll just call myself a sketch artist for now:p

assassin_and_compassion_by_gohaku2-d325r7j.jpg
    For a comic a want to make if I can find the time
  • edited November 2010
    Feeling like Silly Stell

snm___anubis_and_jade_rabbit_by_ginny_n-d327iif.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Oh shut up, you two are part of the awesome in this page.

Anyways, add another godhood to their now really long list of life achievements XD

Also, I guess this qualifies as Sam and Max fanart, barely. I posted this in the general art thread already, but people seem to like the Sam part the most so I thought maybe I should post it here too.

doing_some_experiments____by_thesunnyguy-d321vc3.png

http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Doin...ments-184845027
    As the title says I'm just experimenting here with sharpies and shading, nothing too serious. Yes, it's experimenting, not practicing because I honestly have no effing clue of what I'm doing >.>

Sam is there because noir Sam felt appropiate for this style tbh. Speaking of him, I really think I shouldn't have added a shadow on his teeth, and I honestly think I just messed up the one on the bottom (he's supposed to be directly beneath a light) but you be the judge I guess.
  • edited November 2010
    Just when I thought Ginny couldn't be any more awesome, she comes up with this. Great job Ginny as usual Ginny :D. Btw, I know that Sam is supposed to be Anubus but who is Max supposed to be? A rabbit from the moon (i.e. from the Chinese folktale?)

Secret Soup: Awesome piece of artwork right there, I can't wait to see what else you've got.

Laserschwert: Awesome, this is my new background btw.
  • edited November 2010
    :eek:
    OMG I want to learn to color!!! If I tried...(shudders at the thought)
    My pics seem so bland :(
  • edited November 2010
    That makes two of us XD

I believe the best of my coloring ability is what I did for the Halloween contest and those fanservice Sam pics so...not that great >.>
  • edited November 2010
    @ SunnyGuy

Meh, I say coloring can come later. It's the drawing that counts.
    Your style of art is good and you're getting good at shading too! I should start experimenting with shadows.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm just reposting my Halloween contest entry here (even though I just missed getting it onto the most epic page of epicness.)

5117203931_dde2278768_z.jpg
    (larger version available here.)

My first real attempt at coloring. I could use some pointers as well.
  • edited November 2010
    Harukuro wrote: »
    Just when I thought Ginny couldn't be any more awesome, she comes up with this. Great job Ginny as usual Ginny :D. Btw, I know that Sam is supposed to be Anubus but who is Max supposed to be? A rabbit from the moon (i.e. from the Chinese folktale?)

Exactly, the Jade Rabbit. I did some investigation about Rabbit deities and I ended up the god which was more like Max was an Astec god which is normally represented as a Rabbit with Butterfly Wings. I like crossdress Max like anyone but I went better to plan B. Plus, he does an Elixir of Eternal Life which is a contrast with the God of Embalmers. So, they have an office in the Moon, Osiris' organs and a secretary. oh, yeah.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.