The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Ok, I present an animation challenge to the beautiful artists of this fine fan art thread.

As far as dance memes go, this is the craziest I've seen, and if anyone could pull off THIS ANIMATION with any Sam & Max character (preferably Sam or Max themselves... or both, if you're feeling adventurous) you shall be hailed as a great champion of the Internet.

(I will myself like to try and give it a shot too, but I have injury complications again impairing my drawing skills right now and my free time is running short. But someday, I will hopefully.)
  • edited January 2011
    THIS ANIMATION with any Sam & Max character
    why.jpg
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    Ok, I present an animation challenge to the beautiful artists of this fine fan art thread.

As far as dance memes go, this is the craziest I've seen, and if anyone could pull off THIS ANIMATION with any Sam & Max character (preferably Sam or Max themselves... or both, if you're feeling adventurous) you shall be hailed as a great champion of the Internet.

(I will myself like to try and give it a shot too, but I have injury complications again impairing my drawing skills right now and my free time is running short. But someday, I will hopefully.)

I feel the same way, but replace the Nitori thing with Caramelldansen. I WANT SAM & MAX CARAMELLDANSEN.
  • edited January 2011
    Carameldansen was what I thought of before clicking the link tbh >.>
  • edited January 2011
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I feel the same way, but replace the Nitori thing with Caramelldansen. I WANT SAM & MAX CARAMELLDANSEN.

If I remember correctly, someone did a Sam Carameldansen a while back on this very thread.
  • edited January 2011
    Wasn't that the leek spin or did I just miss it?
  • edited January 2011
    I'm working on the .gif as we speak. you'll have to provide the music yourself, though.
  • edited January 2011
    I didn't say Caramelldansen because that's freaking everywhere. I thought it's be kinda better if it's a lesser known meme...

StrongBrush1 you accepted my challenge! XD

Oh~ that Max Caramelldansen... could be smoother. |D
  • edited January 2011
    I didn't say Caramelldansen because that's freaking everywhere. I thought it's be kinda better if it's a lesser known meme...

Okay, then, how about a Sam & Max Po Pi Po? Wait, no, someone already did that. AND a Sam and Max Leekspin.

Is there anything left? I think that's basically the Trifecta of Random Internet Videos right there.
  • edited January 2011
    I DID SAM & MAX PO PI PO BUT IT FAILED AND NOW I TOOK DOWN THE VIDEO~ (it had Bosco at the beginning and everything, I swear!) ;A;

Unless... well... there is.... Ran Ran Ru~ |D
  • edited January 2011
    Sam and Max advice meme?
  • edited January 2011

I'll do this once I find the time. With Max, most likely.
  • edited January 2011
    Unless... well... there is.... Ran Ran Ru~ |D

NO. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN...ugh. I'm a fan of the Touhou Series, and it drives me nuts when people accuse the series of stealing from the goddam McDonald's video. I have grown to hate the very site of Ronald McDonald.

Well, not really. And actually, never mind, seeing a Sam & Max version of U.N. Owen would be the best thing ever.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, not really. And actually, never mind, seeing a Sam & Max version of U.N. Owen would be the best thing ever.

U.N. Owen was her? Wait... what's going on? |D
  • edited January 2011
    U.N. Owen was her? Wait... what's going on? |D

That's what I meant. Sorry.

If anyone out there is having trouble understanding what I said before, the "Ran Ran Ru~" thing was a reference to this video. Only that video is just a remix of a song called "U.N Owen Was Her?" from a game called Touhou Project. The reason I get annoyed by that is that the remix is somehow more memetically popular than the actual song, so a lot of people think that Touhou stole from the video.

There's, like, a billion remixes of "U.N. Owen Was Her" out there, though, using voice clips from stuff like Team Fortress 2 and Happy Tree Friends and Higurashi and stuff, and it probably deserves some kind of award for having the most remixes of any song ever. I'd like to see a Sam & Max version, too, only I don't know how to make stuff like that. The end.

the_more_you_know2.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    It's a weird theme song name for Flandre. I mean, I thought it was something about a U.N. Official or something. XD
  • edited January 2011
    He, guys. I just finished my drawing for the Sam & Max calendar, so I thought I'll give you a preview in advance.
    preview.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    ...This is the best thing to wake up to.
  • edited January 2011

... I'm completely turned on.
  • edited January 2011
    I said wow. July I assume?
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks! And yeah, I think it's for June or July, I don't remeber. I just wanted to draw something with summer mood, so when I got the chance to work on the calendar, I chose whichever summer month was still available.
  • edited January 2011
    July in fact. And I'm getting really excited about how the Calendar is turning on. This is awesome!
  • edited January 2011
    The calendar will turn me on.

...riiight, I'll shut up now. |D
  • edited January 2011
    Yikes, people!
  • edited January 2011
    maximum_max_award_by_irishmile-d36txgf.png
  • edited January 2011
    Wow, what.

What.

Whaaaat.
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »

And the Brendan goes to...
  • edited January 2011
    ... Just for the record, the 'wow' was directed towards C0RBETT's piece, there. (Although Max's head could be a little bigger, but everything else? Well done, and can't wait to see it finished.)

Hayley, that statement concerns me a little bit. But I also have a proposition, considering I know you are a Tohou fangirl. The Bad Apple PV? (I know you've already done something as a small crossover on the matter, but)...

The 'Flandre Scarlet' part? I keep imagining a version with Max. (It'd be a bit different, preferably involving his luger), but I propose an animation. If no one takes this up, I probably will, though it'll be in 2D. Thoughts, or mayhaps advice? I'm more of a 3D animator, but without the resources, so...
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »

... I dunno what to say. I feel so honoured! :D LOL, jk. Amazing render!

@ 1nky - Don't mind me and my over-enthusiasm. |D

Also, a Bad Apple PV would be brilliant, but I wouldn't have the capacity of making what the original is already a true masterpiece. And oh gosh, please, stop making think of stuff to cross dress Max in, there's another I wanna do too! (But it involves Sam as well, so hopefully it'll weaken the horror of what I hope to do! XD)
  • edited January 2011
    Oh I could give you a couple of ideas to cross dress Max in that I kinda want to see, but it seems like you're trying to resist the temptation =P
  • edited January 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Oh I could give you a couple of ideas to cross dress Max in that I kinda want to see, but it seems like you're trying to resist the temptation =P

Too late. Am already working on what I've been wanting to do since Christmas. I'll give you a hint too.

Street Fighter.

There, now, it's up to you to guess.

But ohhh~ do tell! :'D
  • edited January 2011
    @ 1nky - Don't mind me and my over-enthusiasm. |D

Also, a Bad Apple PV would be brilliant, but I wouldn't have the capacity of making what the original is already a true masterpiece.

I wouldn't do the whole thing, just that little part, in gif. format. (Or .mov, not sure...) :)

And, Irishmile, is that actually a self-made render...? o_o
  • edited January 2011
    Too late. Am already working on what I've been wanting to do since Christmas. I'll give you a hint too.

Street Fighter.

There, now, it's up to you to guess.

But ohhh~ do tell! :'D

I find it hilarious that even if you make him cosplay Cammy he'd still be wearing more clothes than usual XD

I'll give 2 hints =P
    1-My avatar
    2-He'd be wearing a victorian dress.
  • edited January 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that even if you make him cosplay Cammy he'd still be wearing more clothes than usual XD

I'll give 2 hints =P
    1-My avatar
    2-He'd be wearing a victorian dress.

ACK HOW DID YOU KNOW???? ;A;

freelance%20fighters.jpg

This idea spawned when I was working on the calander picture and constantly listening to Guile's and Cammy's theme over and over cos they're my favourites. And Juri's. Which begs the question: I wonder who I should dress up as Juri? XD

LOL, never mind. Anyways... um.... Rozen Maiden?
  • edited January 2011
    ACK HOW DID YOU KNOW???? ;A;

Lucky guess XD

I lol'd. Oh and
    umineko.pl?bg=adz&sprites=chc&chc=bpt%2C50%2C50%2C100%2C0&text=%23ff0000No%20it's%20not%20Rozen%20Maiden.&format=png&quality=90
  • edited January 2011
    It's a weird theme song name for Flandre. I mean, I thought it was something about a U.N. Official or something. XD

It's because one of her spell cards is called "And Then There Were None." That's a reference to an Agatha Christie book, where the murderer used the pseodonym "U.N. Owen."

Also, YES THERE SHOULD BE A SAM & MAX "BAD APPLE" PV. I LOVE THAT IDEA TO INFINITY. I HAVE BEEN THINKING THIS FOR WEEKS AND NEVER BROUGHT IT UP BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TOO RANDOM AN IDEA. IF anyone out there wants to make it, I wholly support it and give it nine thumbs up out of a possible two.

I'm afraid of being accused of being too off-topic with this post, since it's so full of meaningless Touhou geekery, so now I'm going to make an arbitrary statement relating to Sam & Max.

THE GAMES ARE FUNNY LOL NICE PICTURES GUYS =D

Oh yeah; I love the calender pic, CORBETT. I can't wait until the calender's actually made. Is there a way to preorder yet? :D

(Although I'm slightly concerned about what Hayley said. I really don't think that's healthy, no matter how many people out there are secretly thinking the same thing.)
  • edited January 2011
    I love the calender pic, CORBETT. I can't wait until the calender's actually made. Is there a way to preorder yet? :D

I wish
Sign in to comment in this discussion.