Morgan LeFlay? (SPOILERS HERE)

13»

Comments

• ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    i just wached my girlfriend playing the fifth episode and realized that her shred of life was indeed her independance since that was the thing she loved most in life. so she became a puppet of the voodoo lady, just like everyone else.

but morgan was the one evading this fate until the moment she gave it up for guybrush.

< points one index finger to nose while pointing the other one at flying sheep >
  • edited December 2009
    I want to write a story about Morgan. I think I might write about her past the way I assume it to be -- and it will be a fail story.

Who wants me to write it so that they can wish half the words in it didn't have a definition? 8D -shot-

This.
    Want.
    Now.
    8D
  • edited December 2009
    Rybrush wrote: »
    Hook hook, where's the hook, hook hook hooooooooooook.

nice reference!
  • edited December 2009
    Speaking of the hook, where did it suddenly go to, it's not like his "Poxed-Unpoxed" hand just magically connected back on to his body :confused:

Anyway I don't think Morgan is in league with the Voodoo Lady, I think she just wanted out of the crossroads. So had to do what she did to get out. In the next season I woul like to see her against Guybrush not trying to take his life just getting in his way or whatever.

Just had a great thought on how they can start the next series. :D :eek: :eek:
  • edited December 2009
    Uwah, Morgan. <3 I have to say, I don't think Morgan is working with the Voodoo Lady, but for the Voodoo Lady. If her "reputation" was really her last shred of life, as some have speculated, then she really does want to get back to the land of the living - no matter what the cost. Which makes her sacrifice for Guybrush all the more meaningful. She knew that the Voodoo Lady was probably her only chance, and she hadn't really gotten the whole "The Voodoo Lady is evil" spiel from Elaine, so how could she know better?

I’m honestly hoping for some deep internal conflict for Morgan in the next season. She’s still a cutthroat (ghost) pirate hunter, to be sure, but she clearly developed a lot during her time spent with Guybrush. Just comparing her Lair of the Leviathan personality to her Pirate God personality can show how much she's changed.

At the very least, she won't be trying to kill Guybrush (she said she would make an exception for him, and besides... she likes him too much ;) ), but I think that her deal with with Voodoo Lady will play the biggest role.

All that being said… aww, I just want her to be happy. The scene where we had to swordfight to help her regain her confidence completely warmed my heart. Dorky? Of course! But I love it.
  • edited December 2009
    Reaper Lyn wrote: »
    If her "reputation" was really her last shred of life, as some have speculated, then she really does want to get back to the land of the living - no matter what the cost.

It's hinted from earlier dialogue that it's actually her independence...so she may be automatically subservient to the Voodoo Lady.
  • edited December 2009
    Reaper Lyn wrote: »
    Uwah, Morgan. <3 I have to say, I don't think Morgan is working with the Voodoo Lady, but for the Voodoo Lady. If her "reputation" was really her last shred of life, as some have speculated, then she really does want to get back to the land of the living - no matter what the cost. Which makes her sacrifice for Guybrush all the more meaningful. She knew that the Voodoo Lady was probably her only chance, and she hadn't really gotten the whole "The Voodoo Lady is evil" spiel from Elaine, so how could she know better?

I’m honestly hoping for some deep internal conflict for Morgan in the next season. She’s still a cutthroat (ghost) pirate hunter, to be sure, but she clearly developed a lot during her time spent with Guybrush. Just comparing her Lair of the Leviathan personality to her Pirate God personality can show how much she's changed.

At the very least, she won't be trying to kill Guybrush (she said she would make an exception for him, and besides... she likes him too much ;) ), but I think that her deal with with Voodoo Lady will play the biggest role.

All that being said… aww, I just want her to be happy. The scene where we had to swordfight to help her regain her confidence completely warmed my heart. Dorky? Of course! But I love it.

This.

Thank you.
  • edited December 2009
    doggans wrote: »
    It's hinted from earlier dialogue that it's actually her independence...so she may be automatically subservient to the Voodoo Lady.
    i just wached my girlfriend playing the fifth episode and realized that her shred of life was indeed her independance since that was the thing she loved most in life. so she became a puppet of the voodoo lady, just like everyone else.

but morgan was the one evading this fate until the moment she gave it up for guybrush.

< points one index finger to nose while pointing the other one at flying sheep >

It's pretty much confirmed. She was lying about it being her reputation, it was her independence.
  • edited December 2009

Ahh, now this I could see. That actually makes a lot more sense, and I seem to remember her saying something about how much she enjoys being her own person.
    Well, it's the same sort of principle, isn't it? In order to regain her independence she has to make some sacrifices, up to and including working for the Voodoo Lady. And for who else would she give up the thing she cherishes most?

In this case, perhaps she has qualms with what she's doing for the Voodoo Lady? Her story is definitely far form over. Plus we still need to find her body! And I honestly have no theories about that one.

Heh, thanks, Falanca. :cool:
  • edited December 2009
    When did it ever say Morgan was working for the Voodoo Lady? She performed a task to get out of the Crossroads. It was a fair deal.

Once out, she went right back to what she always did...hunt pirates. The Voodoo Lady never said "Now go out there and hunt pirates because I say so!" Morgan seems to be completely free to me.
  • edited December 2009
    There's something that's been bothering me, and I realized a couple things tonight that made it worse. Morgan's body. We still were never told who took it (though we can guess), and what's more, that person must have given her a proper burial. She's able to use the boats, so either she's inside Guybrush's head more than we thought and did exactly what he did, or she was buried with coins placed on her eyes. Also, we saw graves for Nipperkin, Santino, and Noogie, but there was no grave for Morgan, so either hers isn't clickable on the screen, or she entered into the Crossroads in an area that we can't reach.
  • edited December 2009
    There's something that's been bothering me, and I realized a couple things tonight that made it worse. Morgan's body. We still were never told who took it (though we can guess), and what's more, that person must have given her a proper burial. She's able to use the boats, so either she's inside Guybrush's head more than we thought and did exactly what he did, or she was buried with coins placed on her eyes. Also, we saw graves for Nipperkin, Santino, and Noogie, but there was no grave for Morgan, so either hers isn't clickable on the screen, or she entered into the Crossroads in an area that we can't reach.

...Voodoo Lady's hideout...

:D

That explains the cool new sword that hurts Spirit of LeChuck!

We will see more of the crossroads in season 2
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2009

There is also a tombstone in the back of the thief's den. Also you can't see the back of the island, it's not much of a stretch to think there are more tombs. Morgan's tomb can either be the one in the thief's den or one -that can't be seen- in the back of the island.

As for the body, the Voodoo Lady probably took it and is using it as leverage or to control/manipulate Mo.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    jmm wrote: »
    As for the body, the Voodoo Lady probably took it and is using it as leverage or to control/manipulate Mo.

"Do as I say, Morgan, or I will shave your eyebrows and draw a silly beard on you with marker pen!"
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009

yes.
  • edited December 2009
    and voodoo lady is in crossroads, she gave Morgan cool new sword?
  • edited December 2009
    So is she a ghost hunter or a ghost herself?
  • edited December 2013

The ghost pirate hunter thing is a bit ambiguous, as it could mean she's a ghost who hunts pirates or a hunter of pirate ghosts. Or both. The dialogue seems to indicate that she will be a ghost who is able to hunt pirates in the physical world. But there's really nothing to stop the writers from bringing her back to life. After all, giving up his last shred of life didn't stop Guybrush from coming back better than before (e.g. he got his hand back, though bizarrely without his wedding ring) due to some last-second loophole. Let's be honest: that wedding ring thing was pretty flimsy as a plot device. So there's probably a way for Morgan to come back too. I sure hope so, as she's probably my favorite non-Guybrush character (I'd have to replay the first four to decide on Elaine--I definitely liked Morgan better in this game) in the whole series. Sadly, it may all be moot, as the series is in licensing limbo right now.

abrasion posted: »

So is she a ghost hunter or a ghost herself?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.