Monkey Island, but with PONIES!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    That is what I was thinking too..... My sisters had those growing up.... my daughters had plenty of them.... now at 29 years old I want one of my own.... that one.
  • edited May 2010
    It would be so good if they sold these. Id love to see a Lechuck pony
  • edited May 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    This is so weird, I never thought that I would want a pony before, but this is just looking so good. How dare you make me want to own a pony :D

Then my evil plan is complete! Bwah ha ha ha!

And I do have plans to make Pony LeChuck too. Possibly with a real brushable beard.

Also, rehairing is every bit as lengthy and tedious as I was warned...

0005zaez
  • edited May 2010
    So adorable!
  • edited May 2010
    I like the hooves much better now.
    Nice progress on the hair :) I guess the next few days we'll only get updates with slightly more hair each time :p
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, if I was ever going to squeal with girlish glee, it'd be at that.

But I won't. Still - astounding job =)
  • edited May 2010
    looking very epic,even though im 25, i might have to sit on santa's lap and ask for a pony....but a Guybrush pony :P
  • edited May 2010
    Mane rehairing is now complete! However, because I used nylon hair and have not yet cut and styled it, it's looking a little... strange.

00060g09

Hopefully he'll look a bit less hair metal-y after a bit more combing and styling...
  • edited May 2010
    You ever going to do a tail? I mean, it looks really good now, I just want to know.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes he will be getting a tail as well once I've sorted his mane out, it shouldn't take anywhere near as long.
  • edited May 2010
    Cool! Can't wait to see the final product!
  • edited May 2010
    Two things:

1) Haha, I love how he looks like he's got MISE's hairstyle right now xD
    2) I really like how his ponytail becomes his pony tail.
  • edited May 2010
    B-B-But I like the mohawk! It's silly and amazing.
  • edited May 2010
    He has a tail!

00061ggs

And I haven't gotten round to fixing his mane yet, though it looks a bit less mohawk-y today. Hopefully it should be looking better tomorrow. (or worse if you preferred the glam rock look...)
  • edited May 2010
    After you style his hair, he'll have TWO ponytails.

...Er, sorry. That was pretty awful.
  • edited May 2010
    wow, that turned our far better than i expected! Are you gonna give him a mini-beard? Fantastic work!

*Edit*
    wait, you have, sorry, i didn't see it!
  • edited May 2010
    And he is done!

000620wq

Hair is still a bit out of control, but I think that's because I used too much when I rerooted him, it's pretty thick. And he has earrings now too! D'awwwwww!

In the very likely event that I make another one, do folk want to see the WIP pictures as well as the finished piece?
  • edited May 2010
    I would love to see the next one as you did this one, a few pichers at a time.
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, he's breathtaking. I really like how the hair turned out and the earrings are so cute ^_^.

I really loved the WIP pictures and I'd love to see them for each pony you might make, if it's not too much bother taking them.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't normally go for My Little Pony. But I seriously want this one.
  • edited May 2010
    watching the WIP pictures were amazing, but please, Do not do any creepy shots with Charlie the Unicorn references again.
  • edited May 2010
    Nice work my kids and I have been loving the WIP updates
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    watching the WIP pictures were amazing, but please, Do not do any creepy shots with Charlie the Unicorn references again.

Well, as long as I can still creep out my flatmate with Charlie the Unicorn references, I guess I don't have to post them here...

My Little Elaine will be next up, I'll most likely start working on her this coming week.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    He looks fantastic Jen, the earrings are a beautiful touch!

I like the WIP photos too (even though they're kinda creepy), it's cool to see how everything comes together.
  • edited May 2010
    Absolutely amazing. I love how it ended up. I totally missed the My Little Pony era due to excessive Lego collecting, but if Pony-Brush had been available, I would have totally bought one. Or at least nagged my parents into getting one for me.:D

100 Gold Stars!
  • edited May 2010
    I just wanted to pay my respect by posting here and say I'm really impressed with your Pony Guybrush. :)
  • edited May 2010
    hahah, omg, this is fantastic! Great work!
  • edited May 2010
    OUTSTANDING AND COMPLETELY BRILLIANT (whoops sorry about the caps lock,just emphasing, how outstanding it really is :p) i thought you were going to put his mane into a ponytail
  • edited May 2010
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    OUTSTANDING AND COMPLETELY BRILLIANT (whoops sorry about the caps lock,just emphasing, how outstanding it really is :p) i thought you were going to put his mane into a ponytail

No, his pony tail is his ponytail, didn't you notice the hairband on his behind?
  • edited May 2010
    Really impressive pony version of Guybrush!

Thats talent you got there! Not only to paint, but to haircut and all, thats really talent.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    No, his pony tail is his ponytail, didn't you notice the hairband on his behind?

yeah i did notice the band on his backside, but i was thinking of how it might look on his mane aswell
  • edited May 2010
    thats bloody incredible. kudos to you. We got some mental fans on this boards (in a good way).
  • edited May 2010
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    yeah i did notice the band on his backside, but i was thinking of how it might look on his mane aswell

I think because the mane is basically a line, grouping it all together in one ponytail wouldn't be that practical. Either a braid that follows the hairline or several ponytails would work best.
    This being said, the hair is nylon, therefore all smooth and less likely to be held into place by a hairband or by braiding.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks for all the comments guys! I haven't started working on Pony!Elaine yet, beyond getting the base ready for sculpting, I'll post pics once I've actually done some work on her. In the meantime, I restyled Pony!Guybrush's mane because it was pretty chaotic. It's neater now, if girlier:

00063g3y

Originally I wasn't going to put his mane in a ponytail, like Avistew said: his ponytail is his pony tail. However, now that his mane's straighter, I'm thinking I might put it in bunches or something, just to humiliate him even more. Thoughts?
  • edited May 2010
    You can try I guess, but I like the way it looks now.
  • edited May 2010
    Jen Kollics it's to let you know that your fans are awaiting the next work of art!!

Atleast i consider myself a fan of your talent.
  • edited May 2010
    What's that you say? You want to see disturbing pony pictures? Well, okay then! Here's Elaine, in the very first stages of customisation:

0006484p

Right now she looks like she's wearing a bicycle helmet, (in addition to having her head wrapped in cling film, kids, don't do this at home!) but it's actually the first steps in making her bandanna. I want it to be removable, so the cling film is there to stop it sticking to her head. (it's easier to peel clingfilm off cured Milliput than it is to pry cured Milliput off a pony) The bandanna should be done tonight, hopefully.
  • edited May 2010
    Can't wait to see that.
    It's going to be adorable to see the two of them together ^_^
  • edited May 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments guys! I haven't started working on Pony!Elaine yet, beyond getting the base ready for sculpting, I'll post pics once I've actually done some work on her. In the meantime, I restyled Pony!Guybrush's mane because it was pretty chaotic. It's neater now, if girlier:

00063g3y

Originally I wasn't going to put his mane in a ponytail, like Avistew said: his ponytail is his pony tail. However, now that his mane's straighter, I'm thinking I might put it in bunches or something, just to humiliate him even more. Thoughts?

Oh my!

I love this forum.
  • edited May 2010
    OMG, how AWESOME is THAT? :D Can't wait to see the finished Elaine. <3
Sign in to comment in this discussion.