Monkey Island, but with PONIES!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    What's that you say? You want to see disturbing pony pictures? Well, okay then! Here's Elaine, in the very first stages of customisation:

0006484p

Hahaha, its like a my little pony version of the movie Saw!! :D

Really, really, REALLY nice work on these, btw. I would totally buy these.
  • edited May 2010
    And he is done!

000620wq

That... Is... So... Bloody amazing! That looks so cool! :guybrush:

:D I don't know why this fills me with glee, but you're very talented with crafting your own ponies.
  • edited May 2010
    What's that you say? You want to see disturbing pony pictures? Well, okay then! Here's Elaine, in the very first stages of customisation:

0006484p

Right now she looks like she's wearing a bicycle helmet, (in addition to having her head wrapped in cling film, kids, don't do this at home!) but it's actually the first steps in making her bandanna. I want it to be removable, so the cling film is there to stop it sticking to her head. (it's easier to peel clingfilm off cured Milliput than it is to pry cured Milliput off a pony) The bandanna should be done tonight, hopefully.

lol that elaine pony reminds me of one of the nurses for silent hill :P lol
  • edited May 2010
    Jen Kollic i may sound obsessed but just to keep this thread up, just when u are ready to post the pictures.
  • edited May 2010
    Everlast wrote: »
    Jen Kollic i may sound obsessed but just to keep this thread up, just when u are ready to post the pictures.

They're never coming!

Just like the TOMI dvd!
  • edited June 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    They're never coming!

Just like the TOMI dvd!

Im interested in Elaine cuzz right now having her pony with a wrapped bag around her head sounds like she is kidnapping the pony to asphyxiate her. Either that or that pony is on chemo!
  • edited June 2010
    It's cool to see people appreciating ponies more because of this thread.

Soon, the ponies will dominate the world and my girlhood dreams will come true!
  • edited July 2010
    This little pony got a sweet makeover
    00057hw6
    00063g3y

This other pony died asphixiaded in plastic bag! The murderer has a rampant obsession of killing ponies in awkward positions and ways. Be carefull and ABOVE ALL PROTECT YOUR BELOVED PONIES!
    0006484p
  • edited July 2010
    Yay.... more creepy ponies that turn into awesome bits of plastic that should be sent to my house no questions asked.
  • edited July 2010
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    lol that elaine pony reminds me of one of the nurses for silent hill :P lol

I was thinking of the reverse bear trap in Saw I *shudder*
  • edited July 2010
    skellington1.jpg

RIP Pony thread!

Ladies and gentlemen the last remnants of that pony!
  • edited July 2010
    Right now she looks like she's wearing a bicycle helmet, (in addition to having her head wrapped in cling film, kids, don't do this at home!) but it's actually the first steps in making her bandanna. I want it to be removable, so the cling film is there to stop it sticking to her head. (it's easier to peel clingfilm off cured Milliput than it is to pry cured Milliput off a pony) The bandanna should be done tonight, hopefully.

In the US, we call it "plastic wrap" or "Saran Wrap" (pr. suh-RAN)
  • edited July 2010
    Apologies for the extended absence, but I have been moving house so I have not had much time for ponies. As a result, I haven't made a whole load of progress on Elaine!pony, but at least her head's out of the cling film now. (and since I am in the UK, it will be referred to as cling film dammit!) Still looks pretty damn creepy though...

00067bey
  • edited July 2010
    Apologies for the extended absence, but I have been moving house so I have not had much time for ponies. As a result, I haven't made a whole load of progress on Elaine!pony, but at least her head's out of the cling film now. (and since I am in the UK, it will be referred to as cling film dammit!) Still looks pretty damn creepy though...

Nice as ever to see some British terminology solidarity on these here interwebs [good lord did the US butcher a lot of words...].

Elaine is looking good so far too [and I take it, also Tales inspired?]. :D
  • edited July 2010
    Nice as ever to see some British terminology solidarity on these here interwebs [good lord did the US butcher a lot of words...].

Listen here bangers and mash, I will grant you Tim Berners-Lee, but we 'mericans started this whole internet thing, and we will talk h0w3v3r w3 w4n7 2 0n 17!
  • edited July 2010
    She / it looks so damn cute!
  • edited July 2010

Indeed she is, I really liked the Tales character designs, so I'll be using them for characters that have a Tales incarnation. (so basically everyone except Carla)
  • edited July 2010
    WoW i just like how you uncute things!!!

Its art, and it makes me wanna cry!!
  • edited July 2010
    Plastic wrap.
  • edited July 2010
    This is awesooooome, we get to see naked pony Elaine in silent hill style, like those nurses, played the game so... YOU ARE SICK!!!! how could you do this to my Elaine :( anyway~ just tell me when you want to sell them so i can buy them for a quid each, wait ten years and sell them and be filthy filthyyyyyy rich, MWAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!! :D
  • edited July 2010
    This thread is mental!

And very very awesome :)
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • edited July 2010
    we are witnesses
  • edited July 2010
    :o You're in the UK? I must visit these ponies upon completion!
  • edited July 2010
    o_O

That is... wow.

Wow.

I am frightened and awed.
  • edited August 2010
    Progress!

00068pcc

Sculpting is done, she just needs a bit of sanding to remove any errant fingerprints before she gets primed for painting. Should hopefully start painting her this week. Emphasis on 'hopefully'...
  • edited August 2010
    She looks awesome, although I'm not sure why there is a pen between her rear legs.
    Her little bandana is looking adorable.
  • edited August 2010
    Ooops, meant to explain the pen thing in the post. The epoxy putty on her back legs is still setting, so the pen is there to keep it from sticking to itself, it keeps her legs apart enough to stop the putty from touching.
  • edited August 2010
    Ooh, I see, the pen is keeping her legs apart. Right.

So, how come she doesn't have the neat hairs on her feet? :( I really liked how it looked on Ponybrush, do not all ponies have it?
  • edited August 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    So, how come she doesn't have the neat hairs on her feet? :( I really liked how it looked on Ponybrush, do not all ponies have it?
    Only boy MLPs have the feathering on their feet, I believe.
  • edited August 2010
    zhebrica wrote: »
    Only boy MLPs have the feathering on their feet, I believe.

Awww but it looks awesome! Why should only males look awesome?
    I guess it's the pony equivalent of beards or something, then...
  • edited August 2010
    Wait, so you're telling me that this

00057hw6

is supposed to be a boy?
  • edited August 2010
    Wait, so you're telling me that this [magnificent stallion] is supposed to be a boy?

Yep. It's just a stylistic convention. I guess it's supposed to suggest a draft horse, which is more "manly"? I remember the first boy ponies they made had more boyish designs (I had one that was blue and had a truck painted on, very butch indeed), but later they obviously didn't worry too much about it. The feet are the only way you can tell for sure.
  • edited August 2010
    Zhebrica is quite right, in the world of My Little Ponies, hairy feet = man. Well, at least that's the case for the G1 ponies anyway, I think G2 and G3 were exclusively female. So apparently they reproduce by mitosis or something.

And Pony!Elaine is now undercoated:

00069pe3

Now that she's plain black, she doesn't look quite as scary...
  • edited August 2010
    Now that she's plain black, she doesn't look quite as scary...

If by "not quite as scary" you mean "SHADOW PONY OF DEATH", then, yes, I agree.

Seriously, though, great job on these!
  • edited August 2010

00069pe3

I Can See Into Your Soul
  • edited August 2010
    I SWEAR TO GOD I'M NEVER PAINTING ANYTHING WITH LARGE AREAS OF WHITE EVER AGAIN. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

But here she is with her base colours blocked in, and a dead, blank stare.

0006ace4

ETA: I resculpted her pants a bit because after looking at my desktop image for a while, I realised that Elaine's pants are baggy in general, not just where they go into her boots.
  • edited August 2010
    Again

I Can See Into Your Soul

But also great work so far, can't wait for the finished model
  • edited August 2010
    me too I really like this "mi characters into my little ponies" project and ponny guybrush is soooo adorable and cool
  • edited August 2010
    And now she finally looks a bit less souless, but she's still a bit hairless...

0006bcr4
Sign in to comment in this discussion.