Monkey Island, but with PONIES!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Now it only needs hair to be complete
  • edited August 2010
    These a brilliant! Keep 'em coming!
  • edited August 2010
    As awesome as these are, I think I preferred the Kirbies. These things are both super awesome and a little horrifying at the same time. The Kirbies were all the awesome with none of the horrifying.
  • edited August 2010
    Wow that was really quickly painted
  • edited August 2010
    And now she has hair! It's far too long at the moment, but it's still to be cut and styled. And it's also too red for Tales!Elaine, but I couldn't find a decent match for her hair colour and... uh... look behind you, The City That Dares Not Sleep just came out!

0006c8ee
  • edited August 2010
    She looks like Ariel, if she was a My Little Pony. :p

I can't wait to see the finished result, I am absolutely in love with the Guybrush pony. And I am sure Elaine wont be any different.
  • edited August 2010
    Can't wait to see how you pull off her TOMI hairstyle!
  • edited August 2010
    Hey where's the bandana?
  • edited August 2010
    I love her hair colour, can't wait to see the finished pony! Your are seriously talented :)
  • edited August 2010
    Jen!!!!! SHE IS ALIVE!!!! I will live to see this pony done!
  • edited August 2010
    I love it. The step where you painted the details just gave life to her... I think it's the eyes.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, after near-total disaster, here she is! (protip: damp kitchen roll + lacquer x radiator heat = My Little Severe Burns Victim) Her hair isn't quite as curled as I'd like, but following the aforementioned near disaster, I'm not messing with it any more.

0006d44a

Avistew - I've noticed that painting the eyes does make a huge difference, it's actually surprising just how big a difference it makes when painting the reflection on the pupils.
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome, and creepy as hell. Now do LeChuck!
  • edited August 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Awesome, and creepy as hell. Now do LeChuck!

YEs! Please do!!
  • edited August 2010
    They look really good stood (standing?) side by side, I am very impressed
  • edited August 2010
    Oh my gosh that is adorable!! I'm just squealing over how cute this is. Amazing job!

Um... this is late but what happened to Guybrush's other earring? Did it fall off?
  • edited August 2010
    Really awesome :) I hope you make my lil zombie pony
  • edited August 2010
    Just jaw dropping gorgeous! :eek:
  • edited August 2010
    Wow! an amazing work! I like the hair and the details of the bandanna and diamond earring
  • edited August 2010
    Those are some freakin' awesome My Little Ponies... I mean, My Little PWNies.
  • edited August 2010
    Wow, she looks great. And they're adorable together! Congrats, you can pat yourself on the back, that was a lot of work.

I think the reflection makes a difference because eyes are wet, and that's what makes them "alive". So it kind of gives life to the character when you add that.
  • edited August 2010
    Woah! This is fantastic! I shoud have clicked on this thread earlier... Keep it up!
  • edited September 2010
    Hooray for completion! I wish I could have those two in my collection cabinet just staring at me all the time as I work.
  • edited September 2010
    Um... this is late but what happened to Guybrush's other earring? Did it fall off?

Unfortunately Guybrush lost one of his earrings while he was adventuring, I meant to replace it before I took the photo of him with Elaine, but I completely forgot.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I should hopefully be able to get started on My Little LeChuck next month.
  • OMAOMA
    edited October 2010
    Wow, you're really talented, really!

BTW, it seems the "my little pony" thing is getting trendy :)
    http://www.marikasurinen.com/pages/sculpting.html
  • edited October 2010
    OMA wrote: »

Those ponies are really cool, but some of them is also creepy. :p
  • edited October 2010
    I wasn't going to post this one till it was done, this was going to be my entry for the Halloween contest, but I don't think I'll be able to get it finished in time. Mostly I blame LeChuck's ludicrous hat, which I'm still trying to get reference pics for. And you can see that he's only got one cuff and one pant leg.

0006f7zk

This is the first time I've altered a pony's expression as well, but since it's LeChuck he can't look TOO cutesy...
  • edited October 2010
    OMA wrote: »

I think I'm going to show her some of my design work and see if she wants to be a contact. Nicely designed web site.
  • edited October 2010
    LeChuck is looking absolutely awesome! Everyone who has entered should be thankful you won't be able to!
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    LeChuck is looking absolutely awesome! Everyone who has entered should be thankful you won't be able to!

Thanks! I guess this teaches me that in future if I'm making a custom pony for a contest, I should start work on it sooner...
  • edited October 2010
    Wow! I think the expression you have created is perfect! I'm curious though, how do you plan to do the beard? Lechuck's beard seems a little more complicated than the one Guybrush has. Do you plan to do it Telltale style and work in some spots of eerie green? Or just keep it simple and black?

Hmm... just had a thought... you could do it CoMI style and set it on fire! Wouldn't do much good to the rest of it though. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Oh my - wow! Pony!LeChuck's expression is perfectly ferocious. I love it. :D It's a shame it (probably) won't be done in time for the contest, it would be an awesome entry. But I'm certain the final product will be epic.
  • edited October 2010
    LeChuck had to look ferocious, originally I was going to give him the regular pony head like Guybrush and Elaine because I thought it would be funny, but then I decided that a scary-looking pony was even better.
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I'm curious though, how do you plan to do the beard?

His beard is going to be fully-rooted hair instead of sculpted like Guybrush, Pony!LeChuck will probably have more hair than Pony!Guybrush and Pony!Elaine combined. The hair I'm using is a blend of black, dark green and glow-in-the-dark, but I might try to get some suitably toxic-looking green beads and work those into the beard hair. That would make it a pain in the ass to style though.
  • edited October 2010
    Glow in the dark hair? That sounds quite cool! When you post the 'finished product' pictures, you'll have to do a night shot.
  • edited October 2010
    I never thought, I'd really ever like ponies, but this is fascinating! Elaine and Guybrush look wonderful! :D I bet you'll do great with LeChuck! (Can't wait to see the glowing beard!)
  • edited October 2010
    You´re making Pony LeChuck too! awesome!
  • edited October 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    LeChuck had to look ferocious, originally I was going to give him the regular pony head like Guybrush and Elaine because I thought it would be funny, but then I decided that a scary-looking pony was even better.

His beard is going to be fully-rooted hair instead of sculpted like Guybrush, Pony!LeChuck will probably have more hair than Pony!Guybrush and Pony!Elaine combined. The hair I'm using is a blend of black, dark green and glow-in-the-dark, but I might try to get some suitably toxic-looking green beads and work those into the beard hair. That would make it a pain in the ass to style though.

It's looking great so far, have you had chance to do anymore work on it yet?
  • edited November 2010
    Just jaw dropping gorgeous! :eek:

Couldn't have said it better!! Those are SO frickin' beautiful - I want one for my birthday pleeaaase!
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for the comments guys! Unfortunately I'm going to have to put the ponies on hold for now, since it's getting close to both Christmas and the associated craft fairs. The time has come, as someone said, to make cutesy polymer clay stuff until my hands drop off. Actually that's a complete lie, nobody but me has ever said that. But if there are no updates to this thread until the new year, that's why!
  • edited November 2010
    Good luck, and we'll wait :) Although, feel free to also update us with your cutesy stuff in the general art thread or something.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.