Which platform will you be getting it for?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Out of all the announced platforms, I only have a PC. I've also only bought Telltale games for PC so far, although I'm tempted to pick up The Penal Zone for PS3. :)

Penal Zone on PS3 works gloriously! Go for it!

I'll be playing Puzzle Agent on PC, though, which is fine with me.
  • edited May 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I succumbed to the hype and pre-ordered for PC. I hope they make a lite/demo version for the iPod so I can at least check out the interface.
    Dunno i bought Broken Sword as well as Steel Sky for my iPodTouch and to me the screensize was just too small, so the iPad seems to make a lot more sense.

I love coding gestures on a multitouch device but at the same time i have to say that this permanent sliding over the surface hurts my fingertips after some time - makes you feel like a heavy guitar player -, so it really depends. Again point&click is superior to some drag&click there. I also don't like those virtual joysticks some use in their games. A real joypad feels a lot more convincing.

Oh and as for the question, PC, but also hoping for an engine enhanced gaming experience on da Mac. :O)
  • edited May 2010
    PC or WiiWare... but prolly PC
  • edited May 2010
    iPhone or PC/Mac; haven't decided which one yet. I'd prefer it on iPhone as it seems like the type of game I'd prefer to play on the go (ala Prof. Layton games) but then again, I don't know how it'll play on the tiny iPhone screen. If it's anything like Monkey Island SE on iPhone, I'll probably loathe it.
  • edited May 2010
    I've pretty much bought just about every telltale gamete date. They've been all for the PC or the PC/Mac dual client software, when available. However, I'll go crazy and follow it on both PC/Mac and iPad. I got the iPad version of the first and it was an experience even after all the previous games I played on a good computer system. Telltale has a way of making things look great just from artistic conception. So it looks like a good cartoon even with lower settings. But playing Sam and Max on iPad was like having a thin book in your lap playing a 3D interactive cartoon while you lounge back in your easy chair or couch. Call me crazier than Max, if you will, but that is so worth it. But alas, the computer seasons are great deals, and you don't want to pass up the DVD you usually get after the season.
  • edited May 2010
    Wiiware of course, I already even have 1000 wii points set aside for it.
  • edited May 2010
    i said iPhone Touch earler but now i might get it on wiiware. depends on if super meat boy is over 1000. it it is, then its iTouch for me. or PC. aw drat.
  • edited June 2010
    I would like to see it come to the xbox 360!
  • edited June 2010
    Please make a DSi version!
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    Im gettin it on PC, because of he 50% discount deal.
  • edited June 2010
    Definitely getting it on Steam
  • edited June 2010
    Ordered for PC (like I could wait for anything else, haha)

I could've sworn I saw a release date of 8th of June, but thats nowhere to be found now. Was I just hallucinating? Or they've just pushed it back? Or is it coming tomorrow?!
  • edited June 2010
    I could've sworn I saw a release date of 8th of June, but thats nowhere to be found now. Was I just hallucinating? Or they've just pushed it back? Or is it coming tomorrow?!
    June 8 is the last day to get the 50% off deal. It's in the fine print if you click on "Restrictions Apply -- Details" on the Puzzle Agent site.
  • edited June 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    June 8 is the last day to get the 50% off deal. It's in the fine print if you click on "Restrictions Apply -- Details" on the Puzzle Agent site.

Ahh, thats probably(most definetly) where I got it from. Thanks for clearing that up! :)
  • edited June 2010
    I`m getting it in WIIWARE!!!
  • edited June 2010
    I'm getting it on the PC, but I really hope it'll be on Steam.
  • edited June 2010
    Mac version here :)
  • edited June 2010
    I´ll get it for PC of course!
  • ZakZak
    edited June 2010
    I'm getting it on iPhone and PC to see which is better.
  • edited June 2010
    If we've bought it for $10, will we get the iPhone or iPad version? Do we get to choose?
  • edited June 2010
    PC, Steamversion if there will be one.
  • edited June 2010
    kendals wrote: »
    If we've bought it for $10, will we get the iPhone or iPad version? Do we get to choose?
    The iPod version will be sold in its respective App store, I'm sure. Much like the iPad or PSN versions of The Devil's Playhouse, whose store links in the Telltale store redirect you to those stores' respective websites. If we follow precedent(and there's no reason not to follow precedent, because nothing contrary has been announced), buying the Telltale Shop version will get you the PC version through Telltale only, nothing more or less.
  • edited June 2010
    TIf we follow precedent(and there's no reason not to follow precedent, because nothing contrary has been announced), buying the Telltale Shop version will get you the PC and Mac versions through Telltale only, nothing more or less.

If you don't mind.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, PC means Personal Computer, and a mac does qualify I think... :P
  • edited June 2010
    I got the points saved up for Wiiware. Although I think i'll wait until reviews start coming in, for i'm still wondering if i'll like it (knowing Telltale, the odds are slim that I won't get it.)

Any word on how much it'll cost? My guess is 1000 points, but it's only eight dollors on the Telltale Store.
  • edited June 2010
    I'll get it on PC.
  • edited June 2010
    I'll get it for da Mac.

I would love having an option that if you have bought it for one system, you also could get it for others as well (no, not by bying it again) beside of the computer platforms although i can imagine the issues preventing this. Playing it on the iPad would be nice but in the end i see the PC/Mac platforms as beeing less restrictive, at least for now.
  • edited June 2010
    PC. But i am wondering if it will be on steam? Or shoud i just buy it directly on the site?
  • edited June 2010
    Xbox
  • edited June 2010
    iPad... Awesome screen and portability. Sam & Max episode one was freaking Awesome! Looking forward to the next episodes!
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    So, TT you already have, according to this poll, 348 people who will buy this game xD
  • edited June 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    So, TT you already have, according to this poll, 348 people who will buy this game xD

That doesn't include whim purchasers, people who buy based on the review, people who don't go on the forums, people who buy stuff while intoxicated, and people who buy under the influence of narcotics
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    I forgot to put at least :(
  • edited July 2010
    I'm going to get it for both the Wii and the PC. the Wii is because I know that I will have a high chance of no one interrupting me when I'm playing the game, while on the PC, I have to share it with several people.
  • edited July 2010
    I'll probably wait until TTG decides to let me get it with the free episode coupon I got for pre-ordering S&M.

TTG: This free first episode type of coupon is the reason I bought S&M Season 2, and Monkey Island season 1. I've purchased the DVD for each season I bought, so there's more money to be made for getting me to like this game. Give us a break on the Puzzle Agent season, and thank you for the great games!
  • edited July 2010
    I'm getting it for the Wiiware. Hopefully the reviews of it will be good.
  • edited February 2011
    Will this ever be released on Playstation network?
  • edited February 2011
    Zigma wrote: »
    Will this ever be released on Playstation network?

Yeah, in the Spring I believe.
  • edited February 2011
    I purchased the original Puzzle Agent for the PC via Steam. Much to my suprise it runs rather smoothly despite my machine being, well, garbage.

That being said I'm probably going to purchase the PC version once it comes out.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.