Pre-ordered yet?

Just a poll to see how many people are interested in this game.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Instant purchase. Love Layton, love Telltale, love the art...
  • edited May 2010
    It's already in my shopping cart. I'd buy right away, but that 50% off deal is making me consider my options. Telltale fan or not, I still like bargain-optimizing. :D But put me down as instant purchase.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm waiting. For nothing special, just waiting. Maybe for more merchandise I could be interested and then buy it with the 50% discount...
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    I'm in the same boat as Harald B; I would buy the game instantly, but with the 50% off deal I'll have to think about what (if anything) I'll buy with it. (And factor in the expensive shipping costs, and the fact that I have to pay customs fees and VAT on shipments over 200 NOK/~33 USD)
  • edited May 2010
    Trying to decide between scaling back my order or not. It's at $60 before shipping now, and that's already scaled back a bit.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm definitely going to buy it, just waiting until finals are over before I ponder what I'm going to buy along with it. I'm thinking Sam and Max Hit the Highway, since I don't have that yet...
  • edited May 2010
    I'm still hoping the PAL Wiiware version is (to be) released in a timely fashion. So no pre-ordering yet. Plus I'm broke right now.
  • edited May 2010
    Trying to decide between scaling back my order or not. It's at $60 before shipping now, and that's already scaled back a bit.

So $110 before reduction? What did you buy?
  • edited May 2010
    There was no way I wasn't going to buy this. I can't wait to play this. It looks amazing, and it just feels so different to anything Telltale has done before.

I kinda forgot to buy Monkey 1 SE at the same time. I already have it on Steam, but assuming Telltale will also offer future Monkey re-releases, I'd rather have them all in my game-list here. Five dollars would have made it perfect for double dipping. Oh well, the way Telltale handles special offers, I might be able to get it cheaper in a couple of weeks anyway.

I wonder how they handle dialogue. You can see text balloons on some screenshots, and I don't think any of the Grickle characters ever had an actual voice actor before. There's no reason why they couldn't or shouldn't however. I just wonder what Nelson would sound like.

Anyway, congrats Grickle! I wonder if, when this gets turned into a full season, Nelson has to solve a case involving a certain antler-bear...
  • edited May 2010
    Already pre-ordered. I definitely like the backstory (or what we know of it so far), I like the art and I like the fact that it's going back to its point-and-click routes.

What also interests me is the Telltale Pilot Program. The future potential here is incredible but I also have to wonder, will Telltale also accept third-party games into the program? As in, Joe Adventurer pitching his idea to Telltale for Telltale to publish his game under the Pilot Program in order to determine if there is an interest in his game?
  • edited May 2010
    It's just me or the free episode coupon I get from S&M season 3 doesn't work for Puzzle Agent?
    In the mail they were saying "You get a coupon code good for one free Telltale episode - Enter the code in your cart to get your free game! This coupon code is valid now through December 31, 2010."
  • edited May 2010
    It's just me or the free episode coupon I get from S&M season 3 doesn't work for Puzzle Agent?
    In the mail they were saying "You get a coupon code good for one free Telltale episode - Enter the code in your cart to get your free game! This coupon code is valid now through December 31, 2010."

Coupons always work for games that were already out at the time.
    When the Season 3 preorders started, Puzzle Agent wasn't out, therefore you can't use your coupon for it.
  • edited May 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as Harald B; I would buy the game instantly, but with the 50% off deal I'll have to think about what (if anything) I'll buy with it. (And factor in the expensive shipping costs, and the fact that I have to pay customs fees and VAT on shipments over 200 NOK/~33 USD)

Same here. I'll probably get the items I wanted, but couldn't squeeze in under the 200 NOK limit with the 50% off spring sale. It's kind of silly that you don't have to pay customs fees on books alone, but if your shipment contains anything else, like the S&M soundtrack bundle for instance, you have to pay customs fees on everything, including the book, if that puts you over the limit.
  • edited May 2010
    instant purchase for me, and i've use 50% on Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse :)
  • edited May 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    Instant purchase. Love Layton, love Telltale, love the art...

That pretty much sums it up for me too...oh, I also loved Fargo and Twin Peaks! Anyway, instant purchase.
  • edited May 2010
    Instant purchase, and I got the book of Grickle, and Surfing the Highway. =]
  • edited May 2010
    Another (almost) instant purchase here, just the game though.
  • edited May 2010
    Haven't preordered yet, but I'll do it when I get home from work and have time to watch the featurette - and I love the Grickle channel on YouTube. :D
  • edited May 2010
    Dang going to have to go and buy the wiiware version.
    No sale for me then.:(
    But yeah a buy on release for me:D
  • edited May 2010
    Not instant, but it's going to be a definite purchase for me. The game itself seems very interesting and I want to support the pilot program.

Plus: I haven't bought Sam&Max S3 yet, so using the 50% coupon is a no-brainer for me. More game for less money... that's why I love Telltale :)
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    So $110 before reduction? What did you buy?
    I haven't placed the order yet, but my cart CURRENTLY contains:

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent $9.95
    Tales of MI Art Portfolio $12.48
    Tales of MI Poster(signed) $9.98
    Secret of MI: Special Edition $4.98
    Tales of MI Voodoo Card Set $9.98
    S&M Surfin' Poster(signed) $9.98
    S&M Season 2 Case File(2) $5.95

It all comes out to $63.28 after a $53.33 discount.
  • edited May 2010

It all comes out to $63.28 after a $53.33 discount.

That's one hell of a discount isn't it!

I've pre-ordered now! With the 50% off I got the SoMI and the Grickle book. With the books coming in next weekish it looks like I'll be getting this delivery sooner than the one I placed on the 15th March for the MI goodies!:D

It'll prob still take a month or so to make its way down to me though...:(
  • edited May 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    That's one hell of a discount isn't it!
    It's about half the discount I got when Wallace and Gromit had this same deal. =P
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Instabuy for me. Plus I ransacked Telltale's store, which I now feel vaguely guilty about... it's almost like stealing.
  • edited May 2010
    I would buy now but I can't. Since I got Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse, I have to save for Monkey Island 2: Special Edition. :(
  • edited May 2010
    Would've been instant, but coupons don't work and I'm broke.
  • edited May 2010
    picked up the game but don't need any of the other stuff. There are only 2 things i can think off that i would really want A) A Sam and Max police badge and B) Some kind of Figurine/statue to do with MI (but better than the one lucasarts offer!).
  • edited May 2010
    Bought. :D Went a little crazy with the 50% off, too. :o

Got the
    Monkey Island Poster (Signed)
    Monkey Island Drinking Vessel
    The Book of Grickle
    Sam and Max Buttons
  • edited May 2010
    I fell into temptation. I've preordered the game, along with Max's T-shirts and hat, the S&M season 2 case file, the shot glass, and Monkey Island's jar.
    I'm weak...
  • edited May 2010
    I will be getting it, when is unknown.
  • edited May 2010
    @Dashing: I'm curious why you want 3 copies of the case file. Planning on selling them on ebay when they're out of stock?
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    @Dashing: I'm curious why you want 3 copies of the case file. Planning on selling them on ebay when they're out of stock?
    Actually, not three. Six. I own four.

I better explain this one.

See, each Case File comes with one of six character's Time Cards. These come in Bosco, Ms Bosco, Superball, Soda Poppers, and Sam and Max variations. The first time I had a 50% off deal, I thought I might as well snag a case file....after all, these were reduced to near-nothing and I'd lost my Friendly Demon Song CD from the first one. I was lucky enough not to get a duplicate card. I then did the same thing, but with two case files, during the recent 50% off Sam and Max sale, mainly because it'd be nice to have a "full-ish set" of four coasters, a couple more Soul Tokens, and a couple back-up copies of the Friendly Demon Song disc. Again, fortune! No duplicate cards.

So now I'd like to try my luck again, because I'm now two cards away from a full set of time cards, and also because one of cards I'm missing is Sam(my favorite character of the set).
  • edited May 2010
    So now I'd like to try my luck again, because I'm now two cards away from a full set of time cards, and also because one of cards I'm missing is Sam(my favorite character of the set).

I have TWO Sams. And I just have TWO cases files!!!! T_T
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, I see, I didn't realise there were several possible cards. That makes sense.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm considering what to buy using the 50% off first, but it's basically an instant purchase.
  • edited May 2010
    I want this game and want to preorder, but I have a few questions first:

I'd heard the game was going to be episodic, but it looks like this is just a preorder for one game. Will there be a season pass available later on? If so, will people who bought this get to upgrade on the cheap? Will there be a collector's DVD available?

In a nutshell, I want to be sure that after I preorder, Telltale doesn't come along with a way better preorder offer for a season set wiith collector's DVD. It doesn't SOUND like a very Telltale thing to do, but this is a unique game for them...
  • edited May 2010
    Pak-Man wrote: »
    I'd heard the game was going to be episodic, but it looks like this is just a preorder for one game. Will there be a season pass available later on?
    You heard...somewhat wrong. Puzzle Agent is part of Telltale's new "Pilot Program", where they'll make one game that is more "risky" to produce. This game, for example, uses a different gameplay mechanic and a license that very few people know about.

So, what you're pre-ordering is a "pilot episode", meant to test the waters to see if there's interest in the game. If this one does well, we might get an episodic series out of it. We don't know how pricing would work on the eventual season, or if the pilot will affect it or be a part of it. As of right now, there aren't plans to make more Puzzle Agent games, that's for sales and critical reception to decide.
    If so, will people who bought this get to upgrade on the cheap? Will there be a collector's DVD available?
    There is not going to be a DVD for this game on its own, and it's not a series yet so we can't really know what they plan to do with the pilot.
    In a nutshell, I want to be sure that after I preorder, Telltale doesn't come along with a way better preorder offer for a season set wiith collector's DVD. It doesn't SOUND like a very Telltale thing to do, but this is a unique game for them...
    Better deals come along all the time. For example, I pre-ordered Sam and Max Season Three for $35. Now someone can get Puzzle Agent and Season Three for less than I paid for Season Three. Still, if you're planning on getting anything else along with Puzzle Agent, the 50% off coupon is really nice.
  • edited May 2010
    Need to wait for my dad to decide whether this, voodoo cards and a shot glass is worth 40.80 US simoleons, including shipping :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    Difficult, difficult.

Was planning on waiting it out, but it's rather interesting with the 50% deal. Wanted to get SMI:SE after all. And more, but in those cases I have to take into account huge shipping costs to Europe, which can get more than twice of the item value, making me better wait for Free Shipping.

AAARRRGH...
  • edited May 2010
    Obviously my pre-order is being held up by my need to know why Nelson Tethers owns a 2x2 unsolvable Rubick's Cube.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.