Pre-ordered yet?

13»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Waiting for it to be on Steam.
  • edited May 2010
    I think its a good idea to charge for the game because people will only pay for stuff they want. But it would be nice if there was a really short demo so we could know for sure if we like the game before buying. Does anyone know for sure if there will be a demo? I'm going to buy it any way but it would be good to know before ordering
  • edited May 2010
    The most probably thing is there will be a demo, but the day it's released
  • edited May 2010
    It might be hard to have a demo for this game because the games going to be short but even if its just one room or even a video of the game being play for a bit, that would be good
  • edited May 2010
    What?

Also, with it being a TTG pilot, odds are it might not even hit Steam/Wii... who knows (well, TTG does)?
  • edited May 2010
    Well, I'm pretty sure they said it would be released for Wiiware. So unless that changed or I'm really mistaken...
  • edited May 2010
    Also, with it being a TTG pilot, odds are it might not even hit Steam/Wii... who knows (well, TTG does)?

I think they already confirm it

Edit: Avi's first. Oh well
  • edited May 2010
    What?

When asked if Telltale was releasing this game on Steam, Jake responded with "Most likely", linking to the Telltale Steam page with all their games lined up. It's a thread in this subforum, whose history is short, it should be pretty easy to find.

As for Wiiware, check the bottom of this page.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I just pre-ordered Puzzle Agent and picked up The Devil's Playhouse too as part of the 50% off deal. :D
  • edited May 2010
    I just pre-ordered, and got Strong Bad for 50% off!

I almost got more stuff, but the shipping made it more than I wanted to pay at the moment... I can always just pay full price later. [season two case file in case you were wondering.] I may end up getting the MI mug eventually too, I just already have so much pirate-y things... Plus I got the signed poster print when it came out. :)
  • edited May 2010
    When asked if Telltale was releasing this game on Steam, Jake responded with "Most likely", linking to the Telltale Steam page with all their games lined up. It's a thread in this subforum, whose history is short, it should be pretty easy to find.

Actually he said it's a safe bet.
  • edited May 2010
    I was expecting more stuff on the Puzzle Agent page by now.

Same thing happened with S&M Season 3, there was going to be exclusive wallpapers but they never appeared. The page stayed da same.
  • edited May 2010
    will preorder, but holding out hoping for a free shipping offer. My house has an annoying habit of not being in the US.
  • edited May 2010
    will preorder, but holding out hoping for a free shipping offer. My house has an annoying habit of not being in the US.

Same here. Not too many days to go though.
  • edited May 2010
    I decided to get SMI:SE, CSI: Hard Evidence and S&M Freelance Police for the 50% off deal. Of those CSI and S&M are the only physical items and they're just under what I can buy without paying customs fees. Now I just hope Telltale put the value I ordered them for and not the full-price value on the package, or this could become kind of expensive after all.
  • edited May 2010
    Bamse wrote: »
    I decided to get SMI:SE, CSI: Hard Evidence and S&M Freelance Police for the 50% off deal. Of those CSI and S&M are the only physical items and they're just under what I can buy without paying customs fees. Now I just hope Telltale put the value I ordered them for and not the full-price value on the package, or this could become kind of expensive after all.

Wait, how did you order CSI from telltale's website?
  • edited May 2010
    click on csi? its a disc
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    Now I just hope Telltale put the value I ordered them for and not the full-price value on the package, or this could become kind of expensive after all.
    These days it's relatively easy to make them withdraw a claim for VAT and customs fees if they have overestimated the value. Before you pick up the package at the post office, email ksutland@posten.no with the shipment number and a pdf printout of the invoice with the correct amount. After a couple of days they'll have corrected their mistake and you'll be able to pick up the package without paying.
  • edited May 2010
    I was waiting to pre-order until I could decide what else from the Telltale store I wanted to get, but I finally convinced myself to buy the Tales t-shirt, the Voodoo card set, and the Sam and Max soundtracks.
  • edited May 2010
    Good choices!
  • edited May 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    These days it's relatively easy to make them withdraw a claim for VAT and customs fees if they have overestimated the value. Before you pick up the package at the post office, email ksutland@posten.no with the shipment number and a pdf printout of the invoice with the correct amount. After a couple of days they'll have corrected their mistake and you'll be able to pick up the package without paying.

I had to go through that. The last package Telltale sent me was worth $71.84 and the customs charge was £110. That was more than the products so I had it sent back to be revalued and it came back with a customs charge of £15 to £20. (I can't remember the amount now, but it was one I happily paid)!
  • edited June 2010
    Instant purchase. Decided to snag S&M season 2 while I was at it. I guess it's about time :D
    Tor wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as Harald B; I would buy the game instantly, but with the 50% off deal I'll have to think about what (if anything) I'll buy with it. (And factor in the expensive shipping costs, and the fact that I have to pay customs fees and VAT on shipments over 200 NOK/~33 USD)

Aha, so the custom fee is 200 NOK. Good to know. Do you have any past experiences with shipping costs? I really want my hardcopy of S&M season 2 but I don't know if it's worth it. I mean, one dvd. It can't be that bad right?

The same question goes for any other Norwegians on this board :)
  • edited June 2010
    Aha, so the custom fee is 200 NOK. Good to know. Do you have any past experiences with shipping costs? I really want my hardcopy of S&M season 2 but I don't know if it's worth it. I mean, one dvd. It can't be that bad right?

The same question goes for any other Norwegians on this board :)

No, the fee isn't a flat 200 NOK. On merchandise under 200 NOK it's nothing. Anything over that it's the value of the merchandise plus taxes, and taxes plus 10.7% for certain items, like clothes. More than 1000 NOK, and you have to pick it up at customs in person.

I ordered 2 DVDs from Telltale this weekend, and shipping was $15.90, so one DVD probably isn't that bad.
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    Just went through my Telltale order history; I have never ordered just a single DVD, but I paid $15.90 in shipping for the surfing the highway paperback+a dvd, and in a different order I paid the same amount for the season 1+2 soundtrack bundle.

As for the customs stuff it gets complicated. As long as you order stuff for less than 200 NOK at a time, you don't pay anything. For Packages worth between 200 and 1000 NOK, you pay a processing fee of 108 NOK plus 25% VAT (for most types of goods) on the value of the contents and on the cost of shipping... so it gets expensive fast. For orders worth over 1000 NOK the processing fee is doubled. Certain types of goods have extra taxes like bamse mentioned, but I haven't run into that issue yet.

There's a special exception for books... they are free to import, but only if your package doesn't contain anything else. If you order books and DVDs at the same time for example, you have to pay VAT on everything. It just goes to show that there is no logic behind this system.

To make it worse, the Norwegian Customs Department set their own official exchange rates which are slightly different from the actual current rates... The rates are published only a week or two in advance, so they may have changed by the time you receive your stuff. It's a good idea to be careful when you order something just under the 200 NOK limit.

Worst case scenario, let's say you order a couple of DVDs for 198 NOK, and pay 100 for shipping. Maybe the discs turn out to be worth 202 by the time Norwegian Mail gets their dirty hands on them, which means that the package will probably be delayed for a week while they do the complicated calculations, and you have to fork out 183.50 in fees and VAT when you pick it up at the post office. That's a grand total of 481.50 for a couple of movies. It's a travesty! *shakes fist*

Details here, and official exchange rates here.

The good news is that if you order Telltale games as downloads first, and then get the DVD-ROMs in a separate order, the discs will be declared with a $0 value--so you don't risk any customs nonsense with those.
  • edited June 2010
    No, the fee isn't a flat 200 NOK. On merchandise under 200 NOK it's nothing.

That's what I meant. For some reason it came out wrong! :D

Anyways, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll wait for the hardcopy of season 3 and have both of them sent together.
  • edited June 2010
    Twas an instant purchase for me, but I ordered the Grickle book with it and it got back ordered. :[
  • edited June 2010
    Hi

Is it possible to buy this game with the coupon from S&M season 3?
  • edited June 2010
    Immortal wrote: »
    Hi

Is it possible to buy this game with the coupon from S&M season 3?
    No.
    bonnie wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the existing free episode coupons will not work on Nelson Tether's. Sorry.
  • edited June 2010
    Finally pre-ordered! Took me long enough!
  • edited June 2010
    Pre-ordered yesterday, can't wait.

I completely fell in love with it the moment Nelson reacts to the gnome in the teaser video. Just the expression and the sound he makes — brilliant. Also, the mood of the game just seems perfect. Hope it's released soon.
  • edited June 2010
    bought it cuz I realized it made The Devil's Playhouse half price.
  • edited June 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    bought it cuz I realized it made The Devil's Playhouse half price.

BEST DEAL EVER. Seriously. I managed to finally bag the voodoo cards and a shotglass. I would have also gotten my W&G "DVD" as well, but that took the shipping up too high :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.