Over 50 puzzles?!

13»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    I am well pleased about Puzzle Agent. I think it looks awesome.

What's Unwound Future? I can't find it on Gamespot. Are you talking about Layton and the Last Time Traveller? Or those Japan Only Puzzle games Level 5 made? There's Layton, and then they made another series of games called like "Puzzle Journey" I think. Or maybe it was just "Someone's Brain Puzzles". I dunno. It was just layton but you solved problems relating to a storybook or something.

I hope Telltale hits it's June release date for this game. I'm freaking pumped!

Level-5 recently trademarked "Professor Layton and the Unwound Future". Which is more than likely Last Time Travel. Which I'm too excited for having played it in Japanese. *squeals*
  • edited June 2010
    Saigo no Jikan Ryouko is definitely "The Last Time Traveller", not Unwound Future.

They must have changed the name.
  • edited June 2010
    Hey DarkStar, you're going to be a pro at this game, aren't you? After all that experience with Professor Layton. I'm pretty good too. A lot of adventure game puzzles I have a lot of trouble figuring out, because of having to got to other places to get all the information, etc. But in games like Layton, etc., the puzzle is self contained and provides you with all the information you need.

When is (what I thought was the last time travel) the 3rd game coming out in English?
  • edited June 2010
    Hey DarkStar, you're going to be a pro at this game, aren't you? After all that experience with Professor Layton. I'm pretty good too. A lot of adventure game puzzles I have a lot of trouble figuring out, because of having to got to other places to get all the information, etc. But in games like Layton, etc., the puzzle is self contained and provides you with all the information you need.

When is (what I thought was the last time travel) the 3rd game coming out in English?

No idea. Layton 4 is already out in Japan (I played it) and Layton 5 is coming out in a month. Level 5 have a shocking translation rate of these games, generally taking 3 years. Which is ridiculous.

I'm expecting stuff to be unveiled at E3 myself.
  • edited June 2010
    No idea. Layton 4 is already out in Japan (I played it) and Layton 5 is coming out in a month. Level 5 have a shocking translation rate of these games, generally taking 3 years. Which is ridiculous.

I'm expecting stuff to be unveiled at E3 myself.

I wish I could understand Japanese... Lucky bastards! They get all the cool stuff first! Well, actually...
    Australia: November 12, 2009

North America: November 15, 2009

Europe: November 20, 2009

Japan: December 3, 2009
  • edited June 2010
    Which layton games are currently availiable in Australia?
  • edited June 2010
    1 and 2.
  • edited June 2010
    thanks, have you played them, and if so are they any good?
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »

Hell yeah they're good. Only downside is the story is a bit ridiculous in each of them. I dunno about 3, 4 and 5 but it all gets really unrealistic in Layton 1 and 2.

Layton is greater than MN though. Just for this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrUZLZnh1cM
  • edited June 2010
    Hell yeah they're good. Only downside is the story is a bit ridiculous in each of them. I dunno about 3, 4 and 5 but it all gets really unrealistic in Layton 1 and 2.

MN?
  • edited June 2010

2 of the best DS games available, IMO.
  • edited June 2010

I might take a look at them.

btw what is MN?
  • edited June 2010

im learning to play the music in this scene on the piano.
  • edited June 2010
    MN?

What is the mystery of Scoggins, MN
  • edited June 2010

I preferred Phoenix Wright, but it got stale as it went on, wheras Layton managed to stay fresh each time.

Man, Ace Attorney 5 was bad.
  • edited June 2010
    layton stays fresh by making robots, drugged up townsfolk, and apparently talking puddings?!
  • edited June 2010
    layton stays fresh by making robots, drugged up townsfolk, and apparently talking puddings?!

No idea about the puddings.

I have a theory about Luke. I think he's a bear.

Serious. He talks to animals. And he's sort of bearish looking. I think it's possible going off the plot of the previous games.

Gah I want to see that movie! It came out in japanese cinemas last december but no-one has fansubbed it. They fansubbed Haruhi! Gonna have to wait for the english release in september I think.... Hopefully I'll see it sooner.
  • edited June 2010
    No idea about the puddings.

I have a theory about Luke. I think he's a bear.

Serious. He talks to animals. And he's sort of bearish looking. I think it's possible going off the plot of the previous games.

Gah I want to see that movie! It came out in japanese cinemas last december but no-one has fansubbed it. They fansubbed Haruhi! Gonna have to wait for the english release in september I think.... Hopefully I'll see it sooner.

you could always try to get your hands on the singapore version... it had english and chinese subtitles...
  • edited June 2010
    What is the mystery of Scoggins, MN

thanks,
  • edited June 2010
    you could always try to get your hands on the singapore version... it had english and chinese subtitles...

The problem is you have to get a cam, and that rarely happens, even with really popular japanes movies. Piracy just isn't as rampant over there. Either that or the fansub groups are trying to avoid legal trouble. They get in enough trouble for tv releases, so movies would be another step up.

But Mazui did Haruhi.... Why can't they do Higashi no Eden Movie 2 and The Professor Layton movie...

I can't see Layton on any anime sites, so I don't think it's been released to the net. I'm hopeful for the japanese dvd release, whenever that is.
  • edited June 2010
    The problem is you have to get a cam, and that rarely happens, even with really popular japanes movies. Piracy just isn't as rampant over there. Either that or the fansub groups are trying to avoid legal trouble. They get in enough trouble for tv releases, so movies would be another step up.

But Mazui did Haruhi.... Why can't they do Higashi no Eden Movie 2 and The Professor Layton movie...

I can't see Layton on any anime sites, so I don't think it's been released to the net. I'm hopeful for the japanese dvd release, whenever that is.

Actually, it's being released in the UK on DVD and Blu-Ray this september.

Moreso, I'm also excited for Mask of Miracles, which should also be coming out around this fall...

(and on a plus side note, yes, Saigo no Jikan Ryouku is Last Time Travel, but since they're bringing it over to the US, they always like to change the name. See: Devil's Box-> Diabolical Box)

(P.S.S.: Saigo no Jikan Ryouku and Devil's Flute are amazing. Both absolutely blew my mind. Even though I totally knew what would happen in both.)
  • edited June 2010

Moreso, I'm also excited for Mask of Miracles, which should also be coming out around this fall...

(and on a plus side note, yes, Saigo no Jikan Ryouku is Last Time Travel, but since they're bringing it over to the US, they always like to change the name. See: Devil's Box-> Diabolical Box)

(P.S.S.: Saigo no Jikan Ryouku and Devil's Flute are amazing. Both absolutely blew my mind. Even though I totally knew what would happen in both.)

Curse you and your knowledge of japanese.

Just wait 6 months... I'll be playing em too MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • edited June 2010

It's not fair! I want the DVD now! I want to see it IN A CINEMA, where it deserves to be shown!

I want to play game 3, while you get to play games 4-9 as soon as they're released (they have confirmed they will be making up to 9 games)

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR! I HATE EVERYONE! EXCEPT THE PEOPLE I LIKE!
  • edited June 2010
    It's not fair! I want the DVD now! I want to see it IN A CINEMA, where it deserves to be shown!

I want to play game 3, while you get to play games 4-9 as soon as they're released (they have confirmed they will be making up to 9 games)

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR! I HATE EVERYONE! EXCEPT THE PEOPLE I LIKE!

Seriously! 9 of them in total! You wouldn't think there'd be enough puzzles to go round...
  • edited June 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Seriously! 9 of them in total! You wouldn't think there'd be enough puzzles to go round...

9 isnt enough... if they don't kill off layton in game 9, im expecting 3 more.
  • edited June 2010
    Two were enough for me, the stories were way too ridiculous and many of the puzzles were just variations on the same thing.

Whoever talked about Ace Attorney 5, did you mean Ace Attorney Investigations? I haven't played the 5th case yet (so please don't spoil it!) but so far it's the one that makes the most sense after Ace Attorney 1. I actually gave away 2, 3 and Appollo Justice because they were insults to the human brain (which is a shame because the MaskDeMasque case in AA3 is one of my favourite cases in the whole series. I wish THESE were episodic, I'd just re-buy that one.)
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Two were enough for me, the stories were way too ridiculous and many of the puzzles were just variations on the same thing.

yes, but they needed some different thinking. plus, professor Layton is the only guy who can make top hats awesome
  • edited June 2010
    professor Layton is the only guy who can make top hats awesome
    I beg to differ.

:p
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »

nah, not awesome
  • edited June 2010
    Curse you and your knowledge of japanese.

To be honest, I know very little Japanese. O3O

Like, bar none.

Which is why *quietly* Walkthroughs are great. Mostly I just look at them for translation purposes, though...Of the puzzles themselves. Unless it's a slide puzzle. Then I don't need no dang translation...

...Am I one of the only people who actually really loves the slide puzzles? There better be some in this game. Seriously.
  • edited June 2010
    To be honest, I know very little Japanese. O3O

Like, bar none.

Which is why *quietly* Walkthroughs are great. Mostly I just look at them for translation purposes, though...Of the puzzles themselves. Unless it's a slide puzzle. Then I don't need no dang translation...

...Am I one of the only people who actually really loves the slide puzzles? There better be some in this game. Seriously.

I like sliding puzzles, but the general consensus is that most do not. Sad really.
  • edited June 2010
    I like sliding puzzles, but the general consensus is that most do not. Sad really.

Sliding puzzles are good! Layton had some really good ones in the first two games.
  • edited June 2010
    I liked the sliding puzzles on Prof Layton, but some got really hard and I'd be sitting there for about 20 minutes sliding the blocks about. I didn't think they could get so difficult. Or maybe I'm just not very good at them.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't like very much sliding puzzles, but I don't mind if there are a few of them. Anyway, I think they are well placed on the Layton games: the obligatory slinding puzzles, the ones you need to progress in the story, are quite easy. The more difficult are the optative, the challenges you must solve if you want to solve the game completely.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.