I would buy a Back to the Future adventure game game made by Telltale...

Comments

• edited June 2010
    This is the best DAY IN MY LIFE!. Seriously. Almost almost fell down of my chair :)
    This is just as amazing back when Telltales first announced Sam & max for the first time, or Monkey Island :) maybe even little more, Back to the future just holds a speciel place in my heart.
    EwenW wrote: »
    Also, as Day of the Tentacle proved a long time ago, time travel-based puzzels are always the best!

That is exctly the reason i really cant wait for this, Dott showed how it can be done. I cant wait for more time travel with more depth than those in Sam & max. Time Travel is just AWESOME.
  • edited June 2010
    Can any of you people believe Monkey Island or Sam and Max are being listed in the same breath, forum, website, company, etc. as A-listers like Jurassic Park or Back to the Future. THAT..is a real dream come true for me.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    So basicaly its a kid time traveling all over to help save his present or out future then? hmmm. sounds good.

It is. The soundtrack really makes it though.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh look, awesomeness!

:D

*starts saving money and is prepared to sell his brother to the mafia for scientific experiments*
  • edited June 2010
    Christopher Lloyd, Tom Wilson, and Micheal J Fox have all done quite a bit of voice work, so none of them are totally outside of the range of possibilities, especially if NBC/Universal is funding these projects.

I hope there's some freedom of exploration in this game, it would be great to be able to really explore Hill Valley in different eras.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, we've already been able to explore Straight & Narrow in different eras...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    First of all, let me express my honest, deepest feelings:

I LOVE YOU, TELLTALE!!!

I was never that much of a fanboy, as I love to voice criticism loud and clear, but here I won't. You'll do fine, TTG! ;)

This is like a dream come true. I really needed a new one after Ubisoft killed another one of mine.
    mclem wrote: »
    Biff. Tom Wilson has worked on games before, and he's already established as a voice artist on top of being an actor. I wonder if there's any chance of getting him involved too.

I really think Thomas F. Wilson would be the first to hop aboard. He KNOWS he can't escape his past. Just listen to him singing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwY5o2fsG7Y

I have a lot to add, but right now, I'm just going to sit back and take a deep breath. It's necessary. :D
  • edited June 2010
    So anyway, this is announced to be released this Winter. But that is clearly now, since it's Winter in the southern hemisphere.
  • edited June 2010
    Gonna have to watch the trilogy again, just 'cos this news has got me really excited about it.
  • edited June 2010
    OMFG!!!!!!!! If there is any type of game you can adapt Movies to it's Adventure games! and now one of my FAVORITE trilogy's of all time!!! TELLTALE I LOVE YOU!
  • edited June 2010
    I'd just like to say that I also would like Dominic Armato as Marty if Michael J Fox is unavailable. :)
  • edited June 2010
    "And I jizz in my pants!"
  • edited June 2010
    OMG,i was saying the other day to people on the unofficial telltale chatroom that i wish that they made a Back to the Future Adventure game, and to my sudden suprise its actually happening, im soooo over the moon hearing this, i was jumping for joy and screaming like a little school girl, i Hope Michael J Fox does the voice for Marty, he's one of my favourite actors,and watching his movies as a kid made me want to be an Actor
  • edited June 2010
    and now the forums are gonna be crowded,
    sorry had to get that off my chest and now the oter thing,
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • edited June 2010
    It could be cool to just be Marty but I think it's also possible that the main character is a new original character and then gets to interact with the likes of Marty, Doc Brown & Biff.
  • edited June 2010
    This news are made of what dreams are made of.
    And it's...interesting the fact that the BTTF section has already 6 threads while the JP one only has 2.;)
  • edited June 2010
    And it's...interesting the fact that the BTTF section has already 6 threads while the JP one only has 2.;)

I've just sort of referenced that in my last post in the JP forum section. My guess is that most people on this site are more interested in BttF than JP which I think stems from the basic general, well I guess stereotype is sort of the word I'm looking for here, image of your typical adventure game player in that time travel is better than dinosaurs (though the two can combine nicely).

I'm not sure I've explained myself well, but that's the best I can do!
  • edited June 2010
    I think I got it and I'd say you're partially right, but my sentence was more about how people reacted so differently to these announcements than why they did so.
    But I thought about the "why" too, and the first thing that came in my mind was about how the quality of the two trilogies were perceived by people in general, though there's of course a lot more than this behind it.
  • edited June 2010
    I've just sort of referenced that in my last post in the JP forum section. My guess is that most people on this site are more interested in BttF than JP which I think stems from the basic general, well I guess stereotype is sort of the word I'm looking for here, image of your typical adventure game player in that time travel is better than dinosaurs (though the two can combine nicely).

I'm not sure I've explained myself well, but that's the best I can do!

Whenever I see "JP" in a post, for a moment I think people are talking about me.

I'd better get used to it, I guess.
  • edited June 2010
    while we are talking about "future" and "Telltale is awesome" and "fangasm". Telltale, bring us a Futurama adventure! that one old game doesn't cut it! Also take over the Doctor Who games while you are at it!
  • edited June 2010
    EDIT: Dominic Armato to voice Marty McFly plz.

If the real Marty isn't available, Dom would be great. He wouldn't be exactly like the films which would help distance them from the kinds of people who would complain about not being true to the franchise. Also, Dom's got a very boyish voice that I think helps make Guybrush likeable.

Can't wait for the first teaser screenshots to be released.
  • edited June 2010
    The '70s is sort of an interesting decade to go with, because it's within Marty's lifetime. Is he going to have to avoid running into himself as a little kid?
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, my entire body exploded when I read this. SO EXCITED.
  • edited June 2010
    My favorite movie of all time and Telltale together. Can't wait!
  • edited June 2010
    The '70s is sort of an interesting decade to go with, because it's within Marty's lifetime. Is he going to have to avoid running into himself as a little kid?
    a la Life on Mars? (the English version, of course)

Can we have Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes next? :P

Can't wait for BttF! This could really bring the money in for TTG to do whatever they want in future projects.
  • edited June 2010
    Holy Crap. Ok. All that is sacred and cool to me now lives under the Telltale banner.

You rock.
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Whenever I see "JP" in a post, for a moment I think people are talking about me.

I always think they mean "Japan" or "Japanese".
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I always think they mean "Japan" or "Japanese".

I think JP trophy because i'm a Leeds United fan in football (soccer, for the heathens).
  • edited June 2010
    I'll buy it too. I don't know if I can resist a Back To The Future game with M J Fox
  • edited June 2010
    There has to be manure! It can't be a BTTF game without the manure!
  • edited June 2010
    I don't want an "action adventure". I have bought all Telltale games but I'll only buy this if it is a graphic adventure. And the same for that shocking Jurassic Park game...

The world is full of "Hollywood-licensed action adventure games"... We don't need two more, thanks...
  • edited June 2010
    Megaace wrote: »
    I don't want an "action adventure". I have bought all Telltale games but I'll only buy this if it is a graphic adventure. And the same for that shocking Jurassic Park game...

The world is full of "Hollywood-licensed action adventure games"... We don't need two more, thanks...

Calm down. We haven't heard anything about the genre or gameplay yet. There's no reason to assume it'll be anything other than a traditional Telltale-style adventure game.
  • edited June 2010
    There's no reason to assume it'll be anything other than a traditional Telltale-style adventure game.

Please, read the press release: "The agreement broadens Telltale's product offerings into new genres and new styles of gameplay"

For me, this means an action or an action adventure game. And I don't need it, thanks, the stores are full of them...
  • edited June 2010
    It's not like they're going to make a JP FPS. They'll be adding more features to their tool to expand the cinematic experience. If that means occasionally shooting a tranquilizer dart or net at a dinosaur to move along the story and heighten tension, so be it.

I read that 'genre' bit as new genres of franchise, not new genres of game.
  • edited June 2010
    Megaace wrote: »
    Please, read the press release: "The agreement broadens Telltale's product offerings into new genres and new styles of gameplay"

For me, this means an action or an action adventure game. And I don't need it, thanks, the stores are full of them...

Well, there's also this quote from an NBC Universal representative that's been floating around:
    In the official announcement materials, Bill Kispert, interactive vice president at Universal Studios, seems to suggest that these games won't be shoot-'em-ups. Whew. "Jurassic Park and Back to the Future are two of our broadest and most beloved properties," Kispert said in a statement. "We were very interested in bringing them into the interactive space, but they're not exactly the kind of properties that lend themselves to the stereotypical shoot-'em-up style of gameplay."

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/telltale-to-take-on-jurassic-park-and-back-to-the-future/2089/
  • edited June 2010
    Besides, it was the genre's refusal to adapt that nearly killed it off in the first place in my opinion. Telltale are doing great things to keep it fresh... particularly for example with Sam and Max S3's approach to puzzles, so far, moving right away from the normal sort of use x with y inventory puzzles which have dominated the genre.

I'm sure this will continue that trend and if that means that occasionally I do something a little more action-y in the game because it best serves the story then I'm all for it. But as someone else pointed out, we know hardly -anything- yet, so let's not jump to conclusions, shall we?
  • edited June 2010
    The Penumbra games by Frictional are some of the best adventure games, and the scariest horror games, I've ever played in my life, and they involve (fairly) unkillable monsters chasing you and death. Mixing genres isn't a bad thing.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh come on, guys. Don't avoid a good thing just because it's not a pure adventure. I don't think TTG are going to abandon adventures any time soon. As made clear in the latest teaser, TTG's main focus seems to be on storytelling, which is the heart of the old LucasArts adventures. It will be good. Personally, I can't see BTTF as anything other than an action adventure (or adventure action, respectively, to be more precise). One thing I and probably everyone wants to do is drive the DeLorean and actually go Back To The Future.

I'm not sure what I expect for Jurassic Park, though.
    jp-30 wrote: »

I got the same thing with MI for Monkey Island, since a lot of people call me MI on other forums. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    My name is Jon-Paul, and everyone actually calls me "JP" in real life (because my name is so lame).
  • edited June 2010
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    a la Life on Mars? (the English version, of course)

Can we have Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes next? :P
    Yay, brit-Life on Mars love!

come to think of it, these properties would be great, too!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.