I would buy a Back to the Future adventure game game made by Telltale...

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I was blown away when you guys announced Sam and Max, even more when you announced SBCG4AP. By the time you announced TOMI, I'm starting to think you guys are using illegal technology to read the minds of adventure game fans everywhere to see what we want.

And now, you guys are making Jurassic Park and Back To The Future...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!
  • edited June 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    Is it what this page hints at?

No, that is part of an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) that is having technical difficulties at the moment. They hope to get it working as soon as possible.
  • edited June 2010
    I am quite worried on the graphic requirements these two games will demand. I can play Devil's Playhouse fine, though.
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I don't understand why you'd want a game that follows the movie faithfully. You'd know the story, you'd know how to solve the puzzles, what would be the point of playing? It would be like re-making the movie, expect not as good.
    I agree wholeheartedly, I'd like a new story. I'd prefer the games to be set at a different time or location so that they don't clash with the continuity established in the movies, but I wouldn't mind it too much if Telltale changed the plot and established their own continuity.

I've seen Douglas Adams comment on the very same issue--he's the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which exists in numerous forms of media. Every time he wrote a new version of the story he changed it, because he didn't feel like writing the same story again and again... as a result, the radio dramatizations, TV-series, novels, and video game all have differences in their plots. (They all start out the same, then diverge.) In fact I found the comic book version boring because it seemed like just a straight adaption of the novels (the comics weren't written by Adams, the author probably didn't dare to change anything)
  • edited June 2010
    The only problem with getting the actors even if its possible, while yeah we should get all those 3 people. But again thinking more and more about paycheck, i somehow dont think Telltale can afford to bring Michael J. Fox. Christoper L. and Thomas F. Willson aboard.

Somehow i just dont picture Telltale games making millions and millions of dollars :P but maybe they are cheap i dont know ^^ but it would be beyond amazing if those 3 people was doing voices.
  • edited June 2010
    OH MY GOD. BEST NEWS EVER.

This is actually amazing. The Back To The Future trilogy is easily the best trilogy ever made, tied with Star Wars of course! Pleaaaaaaaaase don't mess this up and I will love Telltale forever.

Would be awesome if the characters from the films did the voice acting. I'm sure they'd be up for it!

I don't actually mind if the game follows the storyline of the films, sure it's not original but that's why the BTTF films are so amazing, the storyline is AWESOME.
  • edited June 2010
    SparkTR wrote: »
    Christopher Lloyd is still acting. He's looking pretty good as well, it seems he's barely aged since BttF. Hopefully Telltale get the original cast back.
    I thought he had died! He needs to come back more than Michael J Fox!
    I think it would actually make a bit more sense to have a different main character to Marty, if they were doing a series of original adventures.
  • edited June 2010
    Whoa, this is heavy.

I really hope they can use/afford the original actors.
  • edited June 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Whoa, this is heavy.

I really hope they can use/afford the original actors.
    Is there something wrong with the Earth's gravitational field?
  • edited June 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    have a different main character to Marty

lolklz.gif
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder-- will they mainly use the characters from the movies, or will they feature characters from the cartoon? And as important as it would be to get the actors from the movie, I'd like to see Bob Gale, the co-writer of the movies, involved in some form.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    mclem wrote: »
    it's worth bearing in mind that there was a third crucial role. Well, fourth, after the Delorean: Biff.

That reminds me of Biff's Question Song... Tom Wilson is quite a funny dude.
  • edited June 2010
    VERY VERY cool .... I just got hooked on the Telltale Monkey Island and Sam and Max

gotta say i was floored when i came across them in the store .... remnants of my childhood and my 486dx266!! :)

Now, BTTF .... well that is a way of life these days!

www.timemachineforhire.com is my hobby

can't WAIT to see this game a reality! its FAR FAR FAR overdue!
  • edited June 2010
    WOAH!!!! The games have their own THREAD!!!
    I guess it's official now, yes?
    :)

pleeeeeeezzzzzzzz.....
  • edited June 2010
    Please get MJF and CL to do the voices if possible. Can't ****king wait for this.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    WOAH!!!! The games have their own THREAD!!!
    I guess it's official now, yes?
    :)

pleeeeeeezzzzzzzz.....

Confirmed.
  • edited June 2010
    YAY! So I guess we can expect more at E3 :)?
  • edited June 2010
    YEESSSSSS!!!
    :guybrush:
  • edited June 2010
    Great Scott! Telltale just keep getting better. I've always wanted to play a proper Back to the Future game.

It looks like they are on the way to making old school adventure games totally amazing and hopefully popular again :)
  • edited June 2010
    Also, as Day of the Tentacle proved a long time ago, time travel-based puzzels are always the best!
  • edited June 2010
    EwenW wrote: »
    Also, as Day of the Tentacle proved a long time ago, time travel-based puzzels are always the best!

Ever played escape from monkey island?

Also can someone get me a quick recap like thing of this. I sadly have never seen the movies.
  • edited June 2010
    This is an instant buy. Jurassic Park I'll wait for the demo.
  • edited June 2010
    are we going to see the trailer on this year E3 i really hope so
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »

Also can someone get me a quick recap like thing of this. I sadly have never seen the movies.

A crazy lovable scientist and a slightly Guybrushy kid travel backwards and forwards in time in a badass car while thwarting the evil schemes of a preppy jock butthead in his various incarnations and saving his parents romance and his own romance.
  • edited June 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_Trilogy
  • edited June 2010
    We need to go back guys. Back where you say?

WE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE FUTURE.
  • edited June 2010

Doc has created a time machine that's powered with plutonium. He got the plutonium from terrorists. He shows the machine to Marty, a teenager who is friends with him.
    The terrorists arrive, they're after Doc, Marty jumps into the time machine (which is a car) to escape them, but accidentally is teleported 30 years earlier. He ends up preventing his parents from meeting and need to fix that as well as find a way to power the machine to go back to his own time, since plutonium isn't very easy to get.

That's the first movie. Then stuff that happened in the first movie influenced the future, and there is more traveling, including to the future, to an alternate present and to the far past (think cowboys). It's a pretty nice trilogy, I'd recommend watching it.
  • edited June 2010
    Yes!
  • edited June 2010
    I really wonder what it will look like, this is exciting.

And of course, I’ll pre-order it.

Telltale amaze me all the time.
  • edited June 2010
    Doc has created a time machine that's powered with plutonium. He got the plutonium from terrorists. He shows the machine to Marty, a teenager who is friends with him.
    The terrorists arrive, they're after Doc, Marty jumps into the time machine (which is a car) to escape them, but accidentally is teleported 30 years earlier. He ends up preventing his parents from meeting and need to fix that as well as find a way to power the machine to go back to his own time, since plutonium isn't very easy to get.

That's the first movie. Then stuff that happened in the first movie influenced the future, and there is more traveling, including to the future, to an alternate present and to the far past (think cowboys). It's a pretty nice trilogy, I'd recommend watching it.

So basicaly its a kid time traveling all over to help save his present or out future then? hmmm. sounds good.
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    (...) and need to fix that as well as find a way to power the machine to go back to his own time, since plutonium isn't very easy to get.
    He then proceeds to look for plutonium by wandering around in San Fransisco, asking random people about where the "nuclear wessels" are. Oh wait, I think that might have been a different movie...
  • edited June 2010
    Since the announcement of The Lord of the Rings film trilogy this is the greatest news I've ever heard.
  • edited June 2010
    Yiiiii!!!!!

sorry, just had to vent some happiness before i exploded. carry on!
  • edited June 2010
    I love this trilogy! Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park and Back to the Future are THE movies from my youth (Well theres more, but those stick out). We already have ghostbusters and now there'll be Jurassic Park and back to the future! yay.

You better not mess this up Telltale! :mad:

now to copy this to the other thread (with one little alteration)
  • edited June 2010
    This will be incredible. Out of all the things I'd expect to see next from you guys, this wasn't on my list. So out of left field but amazing.

I can't wait to see what kind of graphical style you give them.
  • edited June 2010
    we haven't said! Can I say it? I'm going to say it.

Where we're going, We Don't Need Roads!
  • This is so CHOICE! (Got to start practicing my 80's lingo now...)
  • edited June 2010
    this is the closest thing that we'll get to a Day of The Tentacle sequel, this has very good potential to be another great telltale classic.
  • edited June 2010
    This Back to the Future sub-forum is made. of. win.
  • edited June 2010
    And YES...if Michael J. Fox is unavailable, Dominic Armato would be the next best choice!

This.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.