iTunes

edited September 2010 in Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
Anyone know when its going to be on iTunes really want it for my iPhone?

Thanks

Comments

• edited June 2010
    yeah me 2 but someone on this site said it will be submitted soon
  • edited June 2010
    "The iPhone version will go off to Apple for submission soon, and hopefully be turned around shortly thereafter. We don't expect the wait to be too long!" said by a telltale member
  • edited June 2010
    Hm, and whats about the iPad version?
  • edited June 2010
    no i dunno about the ipad but i think it will be submitted along with the iphone and ipod version..dunn worry it will be soon released but i really can't think of waiting :(:(
  • edited June 2010
    bo2loz wrote: »
    no i dunno about the ipad but i think it will be submitted along with the iphone and ipod version..dunn worry it will be soon released but i really can't think of waiting :(:(

The real question is whether it will be universal or not... One app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch. Or will they be separate.
  • edited July 2010
    ok guys it's nw the 3rd of july and we havent heard about the submission..can anyone ask jake from telltale games to inform us about what is happening or even anyone provides us with info
  • edited July 2010
    I was hoping it would be submitted to the app store by the weekend, but my hopes are shattered now...

If it hasn't even been submitted yet, we probably won't even see it this week either. I wouldn't be surprised if it's released on the 31st of July at 11:59pm, just like the PC/Mac version was.
  • edited July 2010
    This is where the black box often comes for developers. They submit the work, and then they are staring and refreshing the app store to see when their product is available. It may be a little faster for app updates than brand new apps, though. But I'd be surprised if they would know exactly when it would launch. Just that they have word that it should release within a week of submission.

While the app store technically gets apps out faster than anybody, it's also a tad less organized as a method. For instance, it's slower to release an Xbox Live Arcade app, but the devs are given prior notice on when they expect to see that app hit the market. Users are given nearly a week notice of a definite release date.

On the other hand, no service, outside the app store, has around 20-30 releases in a single day, not counting app updates.
  • edited July 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »
    This is where the black box often comes for developers. They submit the work, and then they are staring and refreshing the app store to see when their product is available. It may be a little faster for app updates than brand new apps, though. But I'd be surprised if they would know exactly when it would launch. Just that they have word that it should release within a week of submission.

While the app store technically gets apps out faster than anybody, it's also a tad less organized as a method. For instance, it's slower to release an Xbox Live Arcade app, but the devs are given prior notice on when they expect to see that app hit the market. Users are given nearly a week notice of a definite release date.

On the other hand, no service, outside the app store, has around 20-30 releases in a single day, not counting app updates.

Yeah, but we're not talking about the approval process. We are talking about announcing whether it has been submitted or not. I have seen apps take up to a week or more to be approved, but most of them have been free apps or updates. It's possible that paid apps and new apps get approved faster.
  • edited July 2010
    yeah both akaimizu and g.byrne are right but still we have to ask anyone from the telltale games about submission because we were promised we will get it at the end of june..why this isn't submitted yet to apple we have the right to knw :(
  • edited July 2010
    yeah about the announcments as g.byrne said is much more important nw to let us knw what is going on...i hope someone tell us what is going on :(:( i haaaate waiting :(:(
  • edited July 2010
    Maybe they didn't finish it yet? Ever think of that?
  • edited July 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Maybe they didn't finish it yet? Ever think of that?

That's the most logical answer.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi any update on if the game has been sent to Apple at all?

Thanks
  • edited July 2010
    ffc82 wrote: »
    Hi any update on if the game has been sent to Apple at all?

Thanks

No word yet. Isn't it a holiday in the United States today?
  • edited July 2010
    Bump :)
    Any news?
  • edited July 2010
    No, but if it helps in any way, Monkey Island 2: SE will probably be on the app store tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    Monkey Island 2 is now up on the App Store. It's not Puzzle Agent, but it's still pretty exciting. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Yep just downloading Monkey Island 2 now! Yippy! Seems strange they can say when that is going to be on the app store but Telltale cant say when puzzle agant will be???
  • edited July 2010
    I like the new monkey island on the iPad, kind of wish they kept the control scheme the same for both Classic and Improved though. Other than that, top rate so far.

Also, Wallace And Gromit for the iPad is on the app store. I've played it for over an hour and haven't noticed any serious problems with it. It's a significant improvement over Sam & Max episode one. It's also only $5 which is a no-brainer.
  • edited July 2010
    ffc82 wrote: »
    Yep just downloading Monkey Island 2 now! Yippy! Seems strange they can say when that is going to be on the app store but Telltale cant say when puzzle agant will be???

No, it doesn't seem strange at all. Telltale could have gone for a simultaneous release for all platforms if they wanted to, but they like to release the PC and Mac versions when they're done, instead of keeping the majority of their customers waiting for them to be done with the other builds.
  • edited July 2010
    Damn, now I don't know if I should get MI2 on iPhone or PC.
    On one hand, I'd love to play it in all its glorious hi-res.. on the other, iPhone demo looks&plays like a charm. Beautiful.
    Decisions, decisions..
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think Telltale knows when the game will be on the app store because they are probably still finishing up the iPhone version. They just finished the PC/Mac version of the game and I'm sure that all their focus has been on getting that out before the end of June. Monkey Island was probably completed and submitted well in advance and then LucasArts set a release date of today so that it wouldn't show up on the App Store as soon as it was approved.
  • edited July 2010
    Paintbrush wrote: »
    Damn, now I don't know if I should get MI2 on iPhone or PC.
    On one hand, I'd love to play it in all its glorious hi-res.. on the other, iPhone demo looks&plays like a charm. Beautiful.
    Decisions, decisions..

Get both :P

I pre-ordered it on Steam and when it came out on the App Store late last night I had to get it. Yeah, I know, but I am glad to support these initiatives by LucasArts because I would like to see more remakes and possibly some new adventure games from them. I am tempted to get it on the Xbox also--maybe when it goes on sale.
  • edited July 2010
    It's pretty nice. I still don't know how to switch to classic mode. Maybe that function isn't in the demo, but it certainly isn't in the instructions.
  • edited July 2010
    I read that the iPhone version doesn't have the Gilbert / Schafer / Grossman commentary.
  • edited July 2010
    Pinch the screen to go to classic, spread the screen to return to improved.

Can't speak to whether the commentary was left out of the iphone or not... There is an icon in the top right corner to indicate whether there is commentary for the screen you are on.
  • edited July 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »
    It's pretty nice. I still don't know how to switch to classic mode. Maybe that function isn't in the demo, but it certainly isn't in the instructions.

It's in the demo. Try swiping with two fingers, it should fade in and out.

I think I'm gonna wait for the Mac version. I love my iPod touch, but games like this deserve a bigger screen.
  • edited July 2010
    The iPod/iPhone version of MI2:SE is extremely well done, it is far easier to play than MI:SE was.
  • edited July 2010
    Also waiting on ipad version
  • edited July 2010
    yeah me 2 but no infos been out yet
  • edited July 2010
    Um still no news on iphone release date, right?
  • edited July 2010
    Ebanista wrote: »
    Um still no news on iphone release date, right?

Nope. I stopped caring. The sooner you give up on something, the sooner it will appear.
  • edited July 2010
    Ok, this game has to come out on iPad by the 21st... I'd like to play it to pass time at Comic-Con between panels and in lines.
  • edited July 2010
    micjefhar wrote: »
    Ok, this game has to come out on iPad by the 21st... I'd like to play it to pass time at Comic-Con between panels and in lines.

You'll probably beat the game before you're done with all the lines... :p
  • edited July 2010
    Comic Con? Aka. Line Con?
    Oh yeah. You wouldn't only beat Puzzle Agent just by waiting in the lines. You'd also beat Dragon Quest IX. And if FFXIII was portable, you'd beat that too. Maybe if they make some portable Elder Scrolls games. Perhaps a little Baldur's Gate, the PC version on a laptop. (Bring extra batteries)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Still being worked on, due to the difference in resolution we have to make sure all of the puzzles are legible and playable and so forth, so there is a bit of art tweaking to be done. Unfortunately I can't give you a launch date beyond "as soon as humanly possible." Given that there is usually an approximately one week approval process after we submit the game, I think it would be a little unlikely that the game is out in time for Comicon. Sorry guys!
  • edited July 2010
    so according to will the game maybe released by the end of the month..sigh at least it's soon and we have the oppurtuinity to play it on ipod soon ...thanks will for informing us
  • edited July 2010
    As long as there is a dev here: are you going to be making art that can take advantage of the high resolution display on say the iPhone 4 as well as on the regular display on the other iPod/iPhones?
  • edited July 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Still being worked on, due to the difference in resolution we have to make sure all of the puzzles are legible and playable and so forth, so there is a bit of art tweaking to be done. Unfortunately I can't give you a launch date beyond "as soon as humanly possible." Given that there is usually an approximately one week approval process after we submit the game, I think it would be a little unlikely that the game is out in time for Comicon. Sorry guys!

Thanks very much for the info cant wait for this!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.