iTunes

13»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    G.byrne wrote: »
    I noticed that too. They stopped referring to the Devil's Playhouse being on the iPad as well. If they don't release this game on the iPad/iPhone/Wii like they promised they would, their word doesn't mean anything anymore.

Telltale's plans could've changed due to any number of valid reasons — there is no reason to be melodramatic. They aren't a huge company, and it's surprising they manage to work on so many projects at once. If it turns out they decided to concentrate on something else, then I'll simply play Puzzle Agent on my laptop. It'll be just as fun (although slightly less convenient to bring to bed). :-)

On the other hand, Puzzle Agent seems to be a better fit for iPad/iPhone/iPod than Telltale's other franchises, and the previews were extremely positive. Despite the changed advertising, it's probably more likely that the ports haven't been canceled, just put on the back burner for now.

It may even be possible (if unlikely) that they have gone silent because they are secretly polishing the game for an on-stage demo & release during next week's Apple media event. The game's quirky & dark style is arguably not the best fit for such a mass-media technology spectacle, but who knows? The timing fits.

How's that for a more hopeful speculation? :-)
  • edited August 2010
    fnord wrote: »
    Telltale's plans could've changed due to any number of valid reasons — there is no reason to be melodramatic. They aren't a huge company, and it's surprising they manage to work on so many projects at once. If it turns out they decided to concentrate on something else, then I'll simply play Puzzle Agent on my laptop. It'll be just as fun (although slightly less convenient to bring to bed). :-)

On the other hand, Puzzle Agent seems to be a better fit for iPad/iPhone/iPod than Telltale's other franchises, and the previews were extremely positive. Despite the changed advertising, it's probably more likely that the ports haven't been canceled, just put on the back burner for now.

It may even be possible (if unlikely) that they have gone silent because they are secretly polishing the game for an on-stage demo & release during next week's Apple media event. The game's quirky & dark style is arguably not the best fit for such a mass-media technology spectacle, but who knows? The timing fits.

How's that for a more hopeful speculation? :-)

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
  • edited August 2010
    I passed on the Steam sale of Puzzle Agent because I wanted it on the iPhone. It'll be pretty irritating if it turns out that was for nothing.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    Don't give up yet! The mention was removed because people kept thinking it was already out. I'm not sure of the Wii time-frame, but I'm pretty sure the iFrame is pretty darn soon.
  • edited August 2010
    Yay! Thanks, Will!
  • edited August 2010
    finally a word thanks will can't wait :)
  • edited September 2010
    Does anyone think this will be decent on the iPhone, or do you think the iPad version is going to be far superior. I would really like to get this on iPhone when it comes out, because it is more convenient for me (and I don't have an iPad) and seems like the kind of game I would play a bit at a time at odd times throughout the day. Hopefully there will be a "Lite" or Free trial version so I can get a feel of it.
  • edited September 2010
    What, not available in the Israeli store?

I can't buy when I change the store, it won't accept my credit card.

Oh well
  • edited September 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    What, not available in the Israeli store?

I can't buy when I change the store, it won't accept my credit card.

Oh well
    It's not on the UK store either. Maybe Tomorrow?
  • edited September 2010
    There's a preview of the iTunes page on the Apple site (link here) with a release date of the 2nd of September (so tomorrow).

Apologies to anyone at Telltale if I'm jumping the gun here.
  • edited September 2010
    oh hey. its going up tonight. booyah!
  • edited September 2010
    Its available in Germany but i will wait. I hate the fact that this game is not an universal app and the iphone version has no retina display support. I cant believe this! The iPhone 4 is out for month and there is still no retina support?

I'am really dissapointed in you, Telltale. There was never an update for Sam and Max or W & G. I dont think we will see an update on this game, too. I expected more from you.
  • edited September 2010
    SaschaW wrote: »
    the iphone version has no retina display support. I cant believe this! The iPhone 4 is out for month and there is still no retina support?

Yes, how dare you not support a feature that only one SKU of iPod/iPhone is even capable of using at the moment, and has only been out for barely 3 months! :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2010
    But it cant be a huge problem because those graphics are already available in a huge resolution (iPad). Three Month are ages in the world of videogames and apps. Look at new gameloft or EA games. They always support the retina display from the beginning (since last month). And if there is no support from the beginning, there will be an update. But like i said before, telltale never submitted an update before.

At this point its not an excuse that only one device is compatible with those graphics.

I love telltale. Bought every game since Sam and Max Season 1 but this is weak for a such an awesome company. sam and max has huge framerate issues. There was never an update. Its been out for 4 month. Telltale needs to step up their game on those iOS devices.
  • edited September 2010
    Just so you know, it's available on the UK iTunes store. £2.99? I think you've got a buyer here! (that's the iPhone version btw, it's £3.99 for iPad version)
  • edited September 2010
    SaschaW wrote: »
    But it cant be a huge problem because those graphics are already available in a huge resolution (iPad). Three Month are ages in the world of videogames and apps. Look at new gameloft or EA games. They always support the retina display from the beginning (since last month). And if there is no support from the beginning, there will be an update. But like i said before, telltale never submitted an update before.

At this point its not an excuse that only one device is compatible with those graphics.

I love telltale. Bought every game since Sam and Max Season 1 but this is weak for a such an awesome company. sam and max has huge framerate issues. There was never an update. Its been out for 4 month. Telltale needs to step up their game on those iOS devices.

They had to completely rework the entire game's graphics in order to even be on the iPhone in the first place, you don't think it would take even more tinkering to add Retina support?
  • edited September 2010
    On the eve of it's release, I have just one thing to say...

Higgins was most definitely the millionaire and Magnum's true employer on Magnum P.I.

There. I got it off my chest.
  • edited September 2010
    Woohoo! In the US on iPhone, Puzzle Agent is out for $4.99!!!!! :D
  • edited September 2010
    It's up! Thank you Telltale!
  • edited September 2010
    It's availible on the Iphone and Ipad now!
    EDIT: Ninja'd
  • edited September 2010
    A great idea to make the trailer like a Grickle short.
  • edited September 2010
    Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is decently fun and certainly addictive and the storytelling is great, but man the graphics got hit with the ugly stick. There's some serious artifacting and seemingly unnecessary blurriness going on. (this is on the iphone4 if that makes a difference). Still worth a buy at $5, but be warned.
  • edited September 2010
    I like the trailer. That sheriff is something, but he's likeable. I think the iPhone version is still non-retina, and that might be why it may not look too sharp. Then again retina is kind of new, and people are only recently updating clients to Retina graphics. It's good that this is on iPhone as well, they'll be able to still get the Puzzle Agent goodness.
  • edited September 2010
    After waiting months I finally got this game on my iPhone 4. It doesn't support multitasking?? If I have to take a call I have to start over?
  • edited September 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »
    I think the iPhone version is still non-retina, and that might be why it may not look too sharp.

It's definitely non-retina, which is fine, but there's something else going on, looks like compression artifacts or something. Maybe a concession to get all the voice audio in at a reasonable total download size? Not to harp on it, because like I said, I can totally live with it, but it's not just the difference between retina/non-retina.
  • edited September 2010
    Will this work on an iPod Touch or is that completely different from an iPhone? I'm new at this whole iPod thing. :confused:
  • edited September 2010
    Puzzle Agent will work on the iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. This is not true of all iOS games, but is true for Puzzle Agent. Just check on the itunes store page, it should list which devices and version of the OS you need to be running to make the app work.

For Puzzle Agent it says:
    iTunes wrote:
    Requirements:Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later.
  • edited September 2010
    It's great to finally have this on the iPod! Thanks Telltale! I downloaded it last night and played for a little bit. While I love having it I do have to second (or third?) the "ugly stick" comment about the graphics (and this is even on a non-retina display device). Almost every scene is covered with odd compression artifacts. While it isn't getting in the way of playing, I am slightly disappointed that the choice was made to compress the graphics to the point that they look poor on any generation of iDevice.

But, still a great game to play and I'm loving the purchase!
  • edited September 2010
    I also noticed they changed the Room key puzzle, in this version, to be much easier by how they represented it. Though seemingly too easy, not a bad choice considering it being one of the first puzzles in the game. It helps things be more consistent with difficulty progressing further into the game.
  • edited September 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »
    I also noticed they changed the Room key puzzle, in this version, to be much easier by how they represented it. Though seemingly too easy, not a bad choice considering it being one of the first puzzles in the game. It helps things be more consistent with difficulty progressing further into the game.
    Part of that is because you've already seen the answer, and it's obvious when you look at it again. Like this.
    090622-007-unsee-it.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    Congrats on the iPad-version, it is really neat. There are only two complaints I have:

1. Some audio files seem to be missing, 2 or 3 lines of dialog don't have voice...
    2. It's probably hard to change this, but the snapping in jigsaw-type puzzles is too generous. I mean as soon as you have 2 or three pieces together and you move them around a bit others will just snap into the correct place by accident taking away all the challenge. It's actually not that bad for me since I hate jigsaws but still, I felt like there's absolutely no challenge to these puzzles...

A good thing is the screen of the ipad. It just has the perfect size to display everything in enough detail and doesn't make the art look ugly like my 27" screen did. On the large screen, the faux pencil-like effect on the lines just looked terrible and really annoyed me, on the ipad it's actually pretty neat.

So I would definitely like to see more of agent Tethers, preferably also on the iPad
Sign in to comment in this discussion.