Do you want this game to be turned into a full season?

So, do you want it? I would definitely buy it, I loved this game and am looking forward to other pilot episodes!
EDIT: There's a typo on the third option, it should be "and Telltale should focus on better games"

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Yes I want more.
    Im not sure how they will continue the story but a new mission and new town would be great
  • edited July 2010
    Yes! It was great. I really want to see more of Graham Annable's art style worked into the games.
  • edited July 2010
    Yes I want more.
    Im not sure how they will continue the story but a new mission and new town would be great

Actually,I think Nelson should go back to Scoggins. There are 2(maybe 3) unresolved cliffhangers:

!. Who, or what, was in that spacesuit?
    2. Where did
    the Hidden People take Isaac Davners
    ?
    3. Call it a hunch, but I think there is something wrong with
    that other agent back at the FBI. He was acting like a brainwashed Scoggins resident(not wanting to give information, doing puzzles). Could that possibly mean that some Hidden People stowed away with Nelson on his flight home?
  • edited July 2010
    Yes please! BUT HARDER PUZZLES pleeease :)
  • edited July 2010
    YES!!!! I need a thing to get me through the Professor Layton droute
  • edited July 2010
    Actually,I think Nelson should go back to Scoggins. There are 2(maybe 3) unresolved cliffhangers:

2. Where did
    ?
    that other agent back at the FBI. He was acting like a brainwashed Scoggins resident(not wanting to give information, doing puzzles). Could that possibly mean that some Hidden People stowed away with Nelson on his flight home?
    I don't want to see Isaac anytime soon (if he's still alive) and I certainly dont want the next game to be about finding him.
    What they should do is have a new completely unrelated plot that in the end builds up to an arching story (like telltale did with sam and max)
    The Hidden people exist out side of scoggins and there is more in the Grinckle universe then just hidden people.
    Also I dont think the FBI agent sounded brain washed he just didnt care about some missing guy as its not the FBI's business (can you blame him)
  • edited July 2010
    I mean, if I got to choose between MI and this, then it would be pretty clear that MI would come out victorious. But I mean, if this can be produced w/o it taking a lot of resources from other games, then hell yeah.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't want to see Isaac anytime soon (if he's still alive) and I certainly dont want the next game to be about finding him.
    What they should do is have a new completely unrelated plot that in the end builds up to an arching story (like telltale did with sam and max)
    The Hidden people exist out side of scoggins and there is more in the Grinckle universe then just hidden people.
    Also I dont think the FBI agent sounded brain washed he just didnt care about some missing guy as its not the FBI's business (can you blame him)

Honestly,
    I don't want to have the whole next episode be about finding him either, but I would like to have that resolved in some way. I would also like to have the spacesuit person come back at the start of every episode, letting us see more and more of him every time. Also, I have to disagree with you on the whole "Hidden People existing outside of Scoggins" thing, because it is mentioned several times in PA that stories about the People help bring in tourists. Even though the agent doesn't have to be brainwashed, the People could still have stowed away with Nelson, for unknown reasons.
  • edited July 2010
    I wont necessarily want one, but if one gets made I would get it when it's priced down...
  • edited July 2010
    Honestly,
    I don't want to have the whole next episode be about finding him either, but I would like to have that resolved in some way. I would also like to have the spacesuit person come back at the start of every episode, letting us see more and more of him every time. Also, I have to disagree with you on the whole "Hidden People existing outside of Scoggins" thing, because it is mentioned several times in PA that stories about the People help bring in tourists. Even though the agent doesn't have to be brainwashed, the People could still have stowed away with Nelson, for unknown reasons.
    I would like to see them do more with what happend but not directly, I like your idea of having the spaceman apear each episode.

When I said they exist outside of scoggins i was thinking of the Grickle video The hidden people
  • ZakZak
    edited July 2010
    I really think they should make these into full length games like Prof. Layton that they make every year or so.

I can't really see it being as interesting as an episodic game as it would be as a full game.

I would like more Puzzle Agent though.
  • edited July 2010
    Zak wrote: »
    I really think they should make these into full length games like Prof. Layton that they make every year or so.

I can't really see it being as interesting as an episodic game as it would be as a full game.

I would like more Puzzle Agent though.

I agree. I never expected to love Puzzle Agent as much as I have. I honestly think it is the best Telltale game made to date, even beating out Sam & Max Season 3. I love the atmosphere, the simplicity of the game play and control scheme, the music, the art style, everything...

...and yet I don't want to see this as an episodic series. Part of what makes Puzzle Agent good is that it's a complete game. While it is left open to follow up should they want to continue the story, the case itself is over. Yes, there are a few mysteries left unsolved (and maybe that's for the better), yet I feel that the story wrapped up pretty nicely.

What I would like to see is a new Puzzle Agent game (if there is another one planned) having a release in the middle of another episodic season, just as this first game was released in the middle of S&MS3. I'd also like to see a new case, completely unrelated to the case we've just played.

All in all, I love Puzzle Agent, yet I'd rather have a number of separate games about separate cases than one complete episodic series with an over-arching storyline.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm not dying for a full season of Puzzle Agent, but if they decided to make one, I'd probably buy it.
  • edited July 2010
    At the very least, there should be a second one.
  • edited July 2010
    I would like to see them do more with what happend but not directly, I like your idea of having the spaceman apear each episode.

When I said they exist outside of scoggins i was thinking of the Grickle video The hidden people

That video could have took place in Scoggins.
  • edited July 2010
    Klink wrote: »

...and yet I don't want to see this as an episodic series. Part of what makes Puzzle Agent good is that it's a complete game. While it is left open to follow up should they want to continue the story, the case itself is over. Yes, there are a few mysteries left unsolved (and maybe that's for the better), yet I feel that the story wrapped up pretty nicely.

No it didn't. Hidden People and their goal was ignored, space theme and astronaut was ignored, mass hypnosis via puzzles was ignored, and the list goes on. There were heaps of plot holes that couldn't be ignored in a sequel. There was no closure. It felt like a demo at the end, where you have to wait to see the whole product.
  • edited July 2010
    Oh my god yes. I've not even finished it yet and I'm upset that after I beat it I don't got another episode waiting to come out.
  • edited July 2010
    I definitely want more!

I was surprised when the game ended so abruptly. Cliffhanger ending, and so many unvisited locations on the map! I thought maybe I'd missed some puzzles, or needed a higher score to access the "real" ending. Guess not.
  • edited July 2010
    Great thread. I'll vote once I've played it on WiiWare.
  • edited July 2010
    "Do you want this game to be turned into a full season?"

Pay a third of the cost of Professor Layton for a third of the game. Not worth it IMHO, if the story doesn't provide any closure. At all.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't know bout you, but that was the shortest 2 and a half hours of my life
    In short: eff yes.
  • edited July 2010
    Better than Sam & Max Season 3, but not better than Professor Layton.

I loved it a lot. It definitely is a Grickle story. If you don't like the comics or Youtube page, you wouldn't like the morbid moments... or the scare tactics... or the ending... ^_^

If they do make a series, I hope that each episode is self-contained and doesn't refer to each other than a passing mention.
  • edited July 2010
    I enjoyed the game, but I felt that the difficulty of the puzzles was pretty low. For this to be really worth it for me, I think it would need more complex puzzles. I know that it's difficult to tune the puzzles so that it is both challenging for the more serious puzzlers, and yet not too difficult for the rest of the audience, but maybe if there was a setting for regular or 'hard' mode, with more difficult versions of the puzzles in hard mode or something. It'd obviously be more work, but I'm not sure I see another way to solve the difficulty (Or lack thereof) problem, and the hard mode puzzles could be just more difficult variations on the regular puzzles if that would reduce the amount of extra work it would create. At any rate, I felt that it was a fun game, and I'd probably check out at least one more episode, but without the difficultly level being adjusted I don't think I'd stick with the series beyond that.
  • edited July 2010
    I was only playing the demo (I'll get it for IPod), but so far it's fantastic! Fresh and with great atmosphere. I'd say it's shaping up to be the best Telltale game since ToMI season. SamnMax is just not my thing (a bit too random for my liking).
  • edited July 2010
    Only if they add the ability to adjust the graphic level like in Tales of Monkey Island and The Devils Payhouse. I can't play this game because of that and i was really looking forward to it too. :(
  • edited July 2010
    freakazoid wrote: »
    Only if they add the ability to adjust the graphic level like in Tales of Monkey Island and The Devils Payhouse. I can't play this game because of that and i was really looking forward to it too. :(

According to a telltale employee posting on these forums (I think it was Jake?) The game is running at the equilivant of a graphic level 1 from ToMI for S&M: S3: TDP. They recomended that lowering the resolution could help.
  • edited July 2010
    I certainly hope that Telltale will create an entire season out of this game, because 'The Hidden People' was just so enjoyable and it had such a great atmosphere. I'm quite sure that Telltale will create an entire Puzzle Agent season because, from what I've read, it has been very well received by fans and reviewers alike. And, in addition, it's already one a [fairly] major award! Telltale would be stupid not to follow up 'The Hidden People' with a Puzzle Agent season, and Telltale aren't a stupid company. I look forward to episode 2; I know it's coming.
  • edited July 2010
    I think a good solution, for those wanting harder puzzles, is to put the hard puzzles kind of as an extra. You tackle the main storyline and some of it's direct side-quests with easier to semi-tough puzzles. However, you also unlock the optional Tough Puzzles with which those trying to 100% the game, can tackle.
  • edited July 2010
    elzbenz wrote: »
    According to a telltale employee posting on these forums (I think it was Jake?) The game is running at the equilivant of a graphic level 1 from ToMI for S&M: S3: TDP. They recomended that lowering the resolution could help.

i tried that. i put the resolution at 800x600 and it was still too slow more me to play. I can play ToMI and Devils Playhouse at Graphic Level 3 so if they said it's at Graphic Level 1 either he was mistaken or they have drastically uped their Graphics.
  • edited July 2010
    freakazoid wrote: »
    i tried that. i put the resolution at 800x600 and it was still too slow more me to play. I can play ToMI and Devils Playhouse at Graphic Level 3 so if they said it's at Graphic Level 1 either he was mistaken or they have drastically uped their Graphics.

Actually, he said it was the equivalent of graphic level 1-4.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd love a sequel. But when they do, I hope they finally address the lagging mouse problem. I mean sheesh, most of this game was static scenes and the mouse pointer would STILL lag on 1680x1050.

I'm sure they can do at least SOME sort of optimization here. Heck, maybe even just use the regular old Windows mouse pointer and changing its cursor look.

I know, this is kind of out of nowhere. :p
  • edited July 2010
    I'll give an opinion when an iPod/iPhone version materializes. I think from the look of things it is probably better geared for that.
  • edited July 2010
    It might mean nothing - but if you take a look at the executable file name, its "Grickle101.exe" - the 101 being the same numbering sequence they use for the rest of the games to indicate season and episode. So that might be a clue that they at least have future episodes in mind!

Or it might just be the standard naming convention for their files. But I'm going with more to come.
  • edited July 2010
    Well TellTale, if you do another one like this - you'll get more of my money!
    Sounds good, huh? :D
  • edited July 2010
    If Puzzle Agent is successful enough to spark a full season, I would hope they treat the pilot as more of a "water tester" than a first episode. I'd like to see The Hidden People be stretched into a full season that's darker and more than the pilot, though I would be open to different episodes being different storylines/assignments.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    If Puzzle Agent is successful enough to spark a full season, I would hope they treat the pilot as more of a "water tester" than a first episode. I'd like to see The Hidden People be stretched into a full season that's darker and more than the pilot, though I would be open to different episodes being different storylines/assignments.

According to the game's executable file (Grickle101), it looks like it would be treated as the first episode, since it has the number 101, which means Season 1 Episode 1.
  • edited July 2010
    I would buy it. Have been playing it with my gifted eight year old, who was actually able to help me with some of the puzzles. :)

Most of them were a bit too easy, but I suppose the really easy ones were meant as a sort of tutorials?

Anyway we both enjoyed it. Really liked the eerie twin peaksy atmosphere, but I would like to see some form of conclusion to the Scoggins mystery. Not necessarily an answer to every puzzling detail, but I would like to get to understand Scoggins a little bit better.
  • edited July 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    According to the game's executable file (Grickle101), it looks like it would be treated as the first episode, since it has the number 101, which means Season 1 Episode 1.

True, but not all pilots need to be the ipso facto first episode in the story arc. Take a look at Æon Flux for example; its pilot was a single 12 minute animation*, demoed as a concept to the universe, and people call it "Season 1". Granted, what people call "Season 2" was just a run of five shorts with little to nothing to do with each other, and it wasn't until "Season 3" when the episodes had any semblance of a continuum.

With that in mind, it's entirely reasonable to consider the Puzzle Agent pilot a "test of the waters", so to speak, and start from scratch with a Grickle 201 which starts a new Hidden People story arc. I'm almost certain my scenario won't happen, but it's not like it hasn't been done before.

*I should probably note that the pilot was chopped up into about six parts in order to fit in with MTV's Liquid Television format. I wouldn't call those parts "episodes" because they did not have individual story arcs; I think it's more akin to inserting commercials between scenes in a single episode.
  • edited July 2010

2. Where did
    ?

But imagine how epic it would be if they tied it all up by going to different towns.
    I actually like
    the Issac Davner kidnapping
    to stay unresolved (like some of my favorite X-Files episodes), but
    the space station and the FBI guy
    subplots are impossible to ignore,
    Keep in mind that the map had about 4-5 locations on it that were never visited,
    I think that plainly implies that going forward the game would continue to be set in Scoggins, as much as I would like a change of locale.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with having it a complete game, rather then a set of episodes. I just think it would work better, rather then having the puzzles split up between each episode.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.