Do you want this game to be turned into a full season?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Yes but they should enhance it as well.
  • edited July 2010
    Honestly,
    I don't want to have the whole next episode be about finding him either, but I would like to have that resolved in some way. I would also like to have the spacesuit person come back at the start of every episode, letting us see more and more of him every time.

So you basically want the game to be like How I Met Your Mother. :P

I liked the concept, but it needs more challenging puzzles, and not those ones which are frustratingly so. Ones like the river-and-fish one and the first bird courier one, both of which had me working an equation on paper, or the hotel room key which stumped me for a while. If it's continued, I'd like to see the rotate tiles, the snowmobile ones, the jigsaw-likes and the fit them together without overlapping ones absolutely gone - they are gamekillers for me, if the next one would be still full of those, I definitely wouldn't buy it.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, the filename is Grickle101 and Telltale Games usually has Seasons.
  • edited July 2010
    Chalk me up for wanting a full season. and a DVD that includes all the grickle videos at the end of it as a bonus. :P
  • edited July 2010
    I think it could work as a season. Imagine 6 more of this game with different plots and puzzles per game and BAM Puzzle Agent S1. In a season each game should have it's own individual story with some overlying arc to it. All different problems that are all strangely connected. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
  • edited July 2010
    I hope eventual future episodes will show us the road to MADNESS!
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, it would work great as a Season with individual plots but with an interconnected arch. I'm totally into it.

And we pilot customers would have a season upgrade disccount... :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    It seems pretty clear that this is the first episode of a complex story that may or may not have made it to complete production. The episode concludes abruptly, leaving Nelson just as frustrated with the various unanswered questions as we are. I'd be willing to bet money I know exactly what Nelson saw in the astronaut's suit (apparently I remember 2001 better than others here?) ...but why and how are a complete mystery, and I look forward to the continuation of this gripping storyline, along with more great puzzles!
  • edited July 2010
    It was definitely fun, but not as good as their best games.

So I would have to debate a little, before buying a full season personally.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the should branch out a little bit, and get a few more game title's in there all ready epic library
    I would Buy this
  • edited July 2010
    I would love another game in this series. Not even, necessarily, A Puzzle Agent game. But ANYTHING to do with the rich character that is, Nelson Tethers. I've heard lot's of people say the humor is predictable and lame, but I kinda like that. Nelson seems like an awkward teenage loser, yet as an adult.
    I wouldn't want a new game to have anything to do with the story in this one though, not that it was bad, but because I would like a fresh, new one.
    The only thing I'd like, is, like someone has said already, to figure out what was in the space suit.
    Anyways, I do hope for another Nelson Tethers game!
    :D
  • edited August 2010
    I would love to have it turned in a hole season.
  • edited August 2010
    Ottto43 wrote: »
    I would love to have it turned in a hole season.

Only if they make a whack-a-hidden-person game! :D
  • edited August 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Only if they make a whack-a-hidden-person game! :D

now that would be fun
  • edited August 2010
    I don't think it should be made into a season, simply because they are better left to the bigger franchises. I would however love to see an annual episode. Maybe towards Christmas/ New years/easter every year (just one of those).
  • edited August 2010
    I think the length of this one says "episode" rather than "full game", so would quite like to see it extended into a 5-6 part season. Like a previous poster said, have other cases in other towns but also an overarching story arc that resolves (some of) the loose ends towards the end of the season.

Puzzles: you're never going to please everyone - so put in a big variety, as it is now (and I like jigsaws and visual ones ;) ). I noticed in this game, not all the puzzles are compulsory for finishing the story, so perhaps that's a way to work in the harder ones that some people want.
  • edited August 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I don't think it should be made into a season, simply because they are better left to the bigger franchises. I would however love to see an annual episode. Maybe towards Christmas/ New years/easter every year (just one of those).

Maybe a semi-annual like one in the gap around e3 so we have a decent game to play then and one before christmas so we got something to occupy our minds away from the games that are waiting for us on the other side of christmas perhaps?
  • edited August 2010
    i hope we can get an upgrade for it
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i hope we can get an upgrade for it

What upgrade?
  • edited August 2010
    a season upgrade
  • edited August 2010
    I would much prefer a Prof. Layton game on PC/Mac
  • edited August 2010
    This game was really cool! I would love to see more of this stuff. This game kinda reminds me of Call of Cthulu which is why I was so attracted to this!

If they decided to put out more of this game I would definitely buy it in a heartbeat.

I think they should put like a place which is just overly cheerful and always happy. Like so happy it's kind of bizarre how happy they are then it turns out they are killers or something.
  • edited September 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    So, do you want it? I would definitely buy it, I loved this game and am looking forward to other pilot episodes!
    EDIT: There's a typo on the third option, it should be "and Telltale should focus on better games"

of course i want more. i am not sure whatever the continuation goes yet the new town would be greater.
  • edited September 2010
    a few ideas i'd like to state.

when they make another game (its probably going to be an annual season rather then monthly) i think it should be completely unrelated to the first. i mean he'll have some flashbacks or compare something from his Scoggins case or at the beginning he'll be thinking about Scoggins but it has little to do with the plot. i like the idea of a small, no-name town in the middle of nowhere in which its a strange predicament you wouldn't expect to be a sinister place (i mean who expects a man to get an eraser factory going again would be in such a creepy place). as for the strange creature featured, i would go with those grickle aliens that are in 5-10 grickle videos on YouTube (u know the ones). i also want to see a little more death and more character-character interactions (you know like 2-3 characters talking with you and to each other at the same time). i also hope that the astronaut appears in the beginning of the game and he would be the connection that ties the whole game series up.

oh and when they ever revisit Scoggins, bring in the gnome squad!
  • edited September 2010
    really liked it...looking forward to a sequel
  • edited September 2010
    I bought this for the ipad and the graphics were great! I loved the quirky cartoon style of the game! I can remember that i laughed at loud at least 15 times! I loved the story and its fun and engimatic puzzles were fantastic. I would give this grotesque game a 9/10!
  • edited September 2010
    I really enjoyed the story and atmosphere. Some of the puzzles were great but in general I thought they were too easy.

Look at the puzzles in safecracker - you can get it on steam - for some really fiendish ones in the context of an adventure.

Will buy next episode even so.
  • edited September 2010
    I thought the game was fantastic. It was like an interactive Grickle cartoon, which is just perfect. I'd really like to see a full season of Puzzle Agent, but I know Telltale has a lot on their plate. And I doubt it's the kind of money maker that their other properties are (or will be in the case of the Universal properties). So I'm really not expecting a sequel or a full season, but if it ever comes about, that would be amazing. :D
  • edited September 2010
    I would love to see this made as an episodic series. I think it would make a pretty sweet episodic video game, and hell telltale's first 2D animated game. And hell you think the crowd would have gone wild over that, and the game itself has questions that are in need of answering.
  • edited September 2010
    I saw Annabelle's work some time ago and was amazed by his art, so my answer is probably Yes.
    I really like to see more Puzzle Agent episodes/seasons.
  • edited October 2010
    One of THE most common recurring phrases around our house is, "There needs to be more Puzzle Agent." So obviously I'm in the "yes" camp. I loved this game and would buy a sequel without even thinking about it.

That said, the survey is going to be more than a little skewed, since it's in the Puzzle Agent forum. :) You're unlikely to get a lot of people who aren't Puzzle Agent fans hanging out here.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes! I like the unique style it's in, what with the drawings, concepts, characters and it's overall feel. Telltale sure are busy at the moment so I don't know how long we'd be kept waiting between episodes, if they made it episodic that is
  • edited October 2010
    Not sure if this has been stated but I like how 4 people from the TT team voted yes.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, the story isn't finished. We don't know what happened in the factory or why. We don't know what the garden gnomes are up to or some of the town folk for that reason. Why is the significance of the astronaut? Not continuing the series would be like not making a sequel to a new hope.
  • edited October 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been stated but I like how 4 people from the TT team voted yes.
    Who were the 4 people? :)
  • edited October 2010
    I count six, though not all are still with Telltale: Ben, EricP, Jake, Jon, Caleb, and Yare. To see who voted which direction, click on the underlined numbers in the poll.
  • edited October 2010
    I'd buy a full season in an instant! Can't wait for Nelson Tethers to continue his investigation!
  • edited November 2010
    I voted no, since the first game felt so incomplete and the ending pretty much turned me off totally.
  • edited November 2010
    I didn't think Puzzle Agent was a perfect game, but there was so much potential in it's style and gameplay style that it would be a real shame if Telltale never made anymore. I find that non-gamers also seem to really like it. My girlfriend watched me do a couple of puzzles when it first came out, and ended up purchasing it herself, and enjoyed it even more than I did.
  • edited November 2010
    I vote yes!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.