Ask a Monkeyologist is BACK! = New info on the Next Episodes

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hilarious, the shows new host is brilliant!
  • edited March 2011
    Haha! Those commercials had me in hysterics. :D
  • edited March 2011
    I didn't realize how much I missed Gustav until I saw this. Excellent work as always! The commercials were definitely the best part.

Adam Harrington also deserves a mention for his cameo as the narrator, which was a great surprise.
  • edited March 2011
    Loved it, best commercials ever!!!!!! Really nice to see Gustav again.
  • edited March 2011
    To whoever is interested, Kauff and Gustav are now on twitter!

What does that mean? Well, they can answer your questions live! ...when they're online!

Check them out, or search for them...

@GustavIsGood
    @KauffIsBetter

Who knows, you might end up in the next Monkeyologist video, haha!
  • edited March 2011
    Dammit, it seems like every day my plans of not using Twitter are pushed closer and closer to disruption!

Stop tempting meeeeeeeeee!
  • edited March 2011
    Episode 5 finished. Need to add subtitles before I release it. It's 1 AM now at my place, gonna finish subtitles first thing in the morning! Sorry for the delay.
  • edited March 2011
    Episode 5 finished. Need to add subtitles before I release it. It's 1 AM now at my place, gonna finish subtitles first thing in the morning! Sorry for the delay.

Darn you, subtitles! Why oh why did I ask for you in the Sea For Two thread!?
  • edited March 2011
    Following Kauff and Gustav on Twitter. This should be fun! Now to think of some good questions...
  • edited March 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Now to think of some good questions...

'How is Twitter powered?'
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    'How is Twitter powered?'

Exactly like this.
  • edited March 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »

(So that's why it's called Twitter!)

Haha! This is exactly the sort of response I would have expected. Only I'm sure they would have mentioned a monkey rather than a bird.
  • edited March 2011
    YAY!! episode 5 ^_^ can't wait to see what else is in store for kauff now that gustav has taken over =D
  • edited March 2011
    Here you goooo!

Sorry it took so long! But hey, it's here! :D It may still be processing, don't worry... in a few minutes youtube will make it look good. After all, it's Full HD :D
  • edited March 2011
    YAY!!!! still loving the Muhguy Verr stuff, and the TALKING GERMAN commercial had me rolling on the floor
  • edited March 2011
    Oh, you spoil us. Didn't expect a new one so soon. =)

We got some Easter decoration the other day. We bought two fluffy sheep and named them Kauf und Gustav, haha ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Hahahahaha! Picture pleaaaaase! :D
  • edited March 2011
    I really, really, really, really, really, (...) really want to play the Super Gustav Game. Someone needs to program it.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Majus wrote: »
    I really, really, really, really, really, (...) really want to play the Super Gustav Game. Someone needs to program it.

Isn't this more of a Super Monkeyologist Brothers?

And if yes, will we have a "Star Wars"-type blood relationship revelation between the brothers Kauff & Gustav von Diefendorff-Schneider?
  • edited March 2011
    Isn't this more of a Super Monkeyologist Brothers?
    No. It's like Mario Bros. Kauff is Luigi.
    Although, I am a big Luigi-supporter, so I have no Problem if its called Super Kauff Brothers. Because Luigi is a lot cooler than Mario!
  • edited March 2011
    Dude, Gustav is totally Mario. I mean, look at the mustache! It's identical!

Haha, what's in a name, I don't care if Kauff is Mario or Luigi! I just wanna play it with both! :D

Seriously, would someone give it a shot?

And I think I like "The Monkeyologist Brothers"!

Ok, excuse me, having a Doctor Who marathon. Almost finished Season 2.
  • edited March 2011
    Excellent! The commercials were once again great, and Kauff crashing was hilariously unexpected. Seems Gustav is starting to see the downfalls of running your own Monkeyologist show.

It was also great to see Super Monkeyologist Brothers show up (at least, that's the name I had in mind when I made the sprites). I'd love to try and make an actual game out of it, but I'm not sure I could do it. I'll try some things out when I get the free time and see if I can manage it, but no guarantees.
  • edited March 2011
    Ah finally!

With all due respect, lombre, I wanted to credit you in the episode but I was already running late with it and didn't have time to look through the forums. No worries, you'll receive full credit in the next episode.

I was hoping the creator of those sprites would show up and say something like: "Hey! Where's my name in there??" :D Thanks for making it easier for me.

If you want your full name to be credited, write it here or PM me please :) Cheers!

Ah, and regarding the idea of making an actual game... try Adventue Games Studio. It's the best!

Here's a link:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=303847&postcount=4

You can make the controls to work only on keyboard, not just mouse :)
  • edited March 2011
    No problem, SWP. To be honest, I didn't even think about not being credited. I was just happy to see my sprites put to such good use in the episode! And animated, too! :D

I'll drop a PM by you with my full name for next episode.

As for AGS, I've been experimenting with that lately and didn't even think of using it for Super Monkeyologist Bros. I actually didn't even know you could make it work with keyboard controls, so I guess I need to experiment a lot more. :p It would certainly work better than the crappy program I was gonna try and use for this.
  • edited March 2011
    Or you could just hack Mario :p
  • edited March 2011
    Or you could just hack Mario :p

Eh, that's too easy. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2011
    New episode... I posted in the other thread as well, since you asked for it there...eh, I may delete my post later...I dunno, just enjoy :))))
    http://talesofmi.net/?cat=17
  • edited April 2011
    Yay, my question got answered... Sort of.
  • edited April 2011
    OH MY GOD!
    That ending... dumpling321! I can't wait to see where this goes!
  • edited April 2011
    Oh you guys rocked my Sunday. That was awesome!!! Best episode yet!

Einfach spitze!
  • edited April 2011
    :P I loved it when Kauff and Gustav were trying to compete against each other in the giving of the best answer and all the subtiles said was 'o.0'!
  • edited April 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    oh my god!
    That ending... Dumpling321! I can't wait to see where this goes!

me too!!
  • edited April 2011
    So waitasecond, is our dumpling321, the guy that posts here and asks the questions, the same guy that's playing dumpling321 in the show? I mean, I assume yes, but I'm curious.
  • edited April 2011
    So waitasecond, is our dumpling321, the guy that posts here and asks the questions, the same guy that's playing dumpling321 in the show? I mean, I assume yes, but I'm curious.

yup yup yup! totally ^_^
  • edited April 2011
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Yay, my question got answered...

Good for you Apenpaap!
  • edited April 2011
    yup yup yup! totally ^_^

I figured!
    That's pretty awesome, man. One of the things I like about Ask a Monkeyologist is that the viewers actually are the characters. I mean, of course there's Kauff and Gustav, but those chains of questions really form into their own stories with their own characters, who sort of become a part of a big ol' Monkeyologist universe. And the fact that you actually appeared on the show just makes that connection with the viewers even cooler. :)

...That all made sense, right?
  • edited April 2011
    I figured!
    That's pretty awesome, man. One of the things I like about Ask a Monkeyologist is that the viewers actually are the characters. I mean, of course there's Kauff and Gustav, but those chains of questions really form into their own stories with their own characters, who sort of become a part of a big ol' Monkeyologist universe. And the fact that you actually appeared on the show just makes that connection with the viewers even cooler. :)

...That all made sense, right?

yeah ^_^ I wen't into this thinking "Oh hey! this will be cool, i'll ask a question and maybe he'll answer it" and I ended up part of the show... tho I'm the type of person who's irritating and keeps asking question after question (at least online), I'm annoying that way xDD

Alot of the reason i'm in the show is the community reaction, SWP is a great guy who truly wants to please the telltale/MI community, when people started asking questions and commenting on dumpling I instantly received a message from him asking of I wanted to be a member of the cast.
  • edited April 2011
    Well, you don't always get the chance to have a zombie-blue-hatted character on your show :p

Thanks for the kind words, guys :) Keep your fingers crossed for the next one, it's gonna be tricky.
  • edited April 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    Good for you Apenpaap!

ARR! :mad::winslow:
  • edited April 2011
    Alot of the reason i'm in the show is the community reaction, SWP is a great guy who truly wants to please the telltale/MI community, when people started asking questions and commenting on dumpling I instantly received a message from him asking of I wanted to be a member of the cast.

You have crafted a pretty hilarious character for yourself, dumpling. I've been wondering for a while if you were gonna ever show up as an official member of the cast.
    It'll certainly be great to watch your interactions with Kauff and Gustav. Bonus points if it's revealed that you got a Monkeyologist license to annoy Kauff. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.