The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Hey, same here. Except, for me, Curse was actually my first ever adventure game, so even if it were a terrible game it would still be special to me. Luckily, it's one of best adventure games of all time, so I guess it makes it even more special :).

I can believe it. CMI is such a great gaming experience, to have it be your introduction to the genre at large makes it much more special indeed.

My first adventure game actually kind of sort of scarred me for life, to be honest. It was an obscure little title known as Dark Eye, based around the stories of Edgar Allen Poe. My cousin had it (he's a few years older than me) and insisted I play it. It's a good game, but damn...playing as Fortunato from The Cask of Amontillado and watching yourself be slowly bricked up as your character screams for mercy (and finds none) is a truly terrifying experience for a 6 year-old.
  • edited November 2010
    Curse wasn't my first MI game or adventure game, (Secret was on both counts) but I still have a special fondness for it. I got it for Christmas the year it came out, so for me it's irrevocably linked with the festive season as well. I'd been excited about it ever since I first heard it was coming out, I don't think I've ever been as excited about a video game as I was about Curse, but that's partly because I'm older and jaded now. (and all the fangirling gets saved for Games Workshop products these days) And since I'd hated the ending to LCR, I really wanted to see how they were going to work that one out. I sat in front of the PC for three days playing it, and eventually completed it by means of
    using everything in my inventory on LeChuck to see what got a reaction.
    And then I played it again on Mega Monkey, which took a good bit longer. (damn you Blondebeard!) And I loved it. Still do. In fact, I think I'm going to look out my discs as soon as I finish this post.

And to keep things (somewhat) on topic, the last thing I bought was an order of Fimo polymer clay in all the colours I need restocked on. (so everything remotely festive) Oh well, at least having to wait for that to arrive gives me an excuse to play Curse instead of making cutesy charms.
  • edited November 2010
    A Sprite
  • edited November 2010
    Milk. I probably could have waited on it, but I refuse to drink my coffee black.
  • edited November 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    i refuse to drink my coffee black.

ಠ_ಠ
  • edited November 2010
    I refuse to drink coffee. :P

I bought a Sobe, Hot Cheetos, and bean dip.
  • edited November 2010
    SlideIT app for my HTC Desire.
  • edited November 2010
    In the middle of paying 6 pounds for two wash/dry cycles on the stupid coin-op washer/dryer that the housing office was so nice to provide. To clarify the sarcasm: there is one washer/dryer setup for a house of 32 people, on which the coin function (so, we can pay to use the damn thing) regularly breaks down and, joy of joys, it takes them a week to fix.
  • edited November 2010
    Milk. I probably could have waited on it, but I refuse to drink my coffee black.

I prefer my coffee black like my women. No the last thing I purchased was not a black woman. WOW that is inappropriate. I'm just...going to go now.
  • edited November 2010
    BLT with cucumbers instead of tomatoes from Subway, and a water.
  • edited November 2010
    A used copy of Starfox Command.
  • edited November 2010
    I have just been back from my first Christmas shopping spree!

It was really unsuccessful.

I did, however, get myself some frames for The Devil's Playhouse and the Grickle print. Just two more prints to find frames for.
  • edited November 2010
    assassins-creed-brotherhood-collectors-edition-gamestop-ps3.jpg

Loving it.
  • edited November 2010
    A calzone from the pizza place a block away form King's Manor. It was made of deliciousness but the sheer amount of grease in that thing reminds me why I make my own calzones.
  • edited November 2010
    Bought a new laptop at last. Savings back down to zero. Yay!
  • edited November 2010
    Tickets for Harry Potter in IMAX!
  • edited November 2010
    e08a_imperial_death_star_officers_cap.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Ooh, awesome. If I ever wore hats, I would totally want that. Thinkgeek?
  • edited November 2010
    Ooh, awesome. If I ever wore hats, I would totally want that. Thinkgeek?

Yup
  • edited November 2010
    Thinkgeek is my regular supplier of nerd shirts. They are an awesome, awesome site.
  • edited November 2010
    I can nothing but agree to that, I am tempted to buy a few things from their site my self. :D
  • edited November 2010
    redhood.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    Jensen Ackles is great in that one. Great action choreography too.
  • edited November 2010
    I bought me a scarf. It looks like this

16436826x.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Thinkgeek is my regular supplier of nerd shirts. They are an awesome, awesome site.

Same here. I've bought so many shirts from them. My favorites are "Zombie Protest", "I Never Finish Anyth", "Day Without Fusion", "Double Tap" (which they don't sell anymore), and "Called For Help". I've also cashed in on four free shirts for April Fool's and a free Halloween shirt this year. I swear I must have close to 20 of them.
  • edited November 2010
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Collector's DVD for $0.00... plus shipping.
  • edited November 2010
    Just bought the Scott Pilgrim Blu Ray/DVD combo. I don't have a Blu Ray player, but the DVD will serve just fine for now. Besides, when I do get one, I'll have a brand new version ready and waiting for me.

Also bought the first Scott Pilgrim book mainly to activate the free shipping. I was originally going to buy the whole series, but the price went way up since I added them to my cart, so I'll just get the rest next paycheck.

So yeah, I'm happy. :D Didn't get what I was expecting, but I saved ten bucks and nabbed the movie for much cheaper than I expected for a BD+DVD package, and STILL got one of the books to boot. At the risk of sounding like a plant, Amazon is awesome.
  • edited November 2010
    Vodka Egg Nog
  • edited November 2010
    acdc-back-in-black.jpg

...Yes, I'm very, very behind in my music-listening. Maybe someday I'll catch up to the present. :D
  • edited November 2010
    bRvrD.jpg

I thought JedEx might appreciate my latest buy.

MINE NOW, BITCHES! USA! USA!
  • edited November 2010
    I worry about you sometimes, Comrade Pants.
  • edited November 2010
    So, President Pants, what are your plans for Ireland?
  • edited November 2010
    My most recent purchases are an appliance lightbulb, a set of Aqua Globes, and Assassin's Creed II for the PS3. Of those, the only one that could possibly be considered to be for me is the appliance bulb, since I do enjoy having a light in the dryer.
  • edited November 2010
    I worry about you sometimes, Comrade Pants.

Please, it's ok. You should be worrying about the Serene Empire of Pantstopia.
    So, President Pants, what are your plans for Ireland?

Well, after the name change, I plan to institute an invasion of Wales. After that, I plan to pursue legal prosecution in international court for the guys who should have - but didn't - stop George Lucas from ruining Star Wars. Also, Ireland will become a global haven for an Internet without government interference. Also, free booze and automobiles. Because fuck common sense.
  • edited November 2010
    Costume Quest. Fun game. I recommend it even though it's easily 100%ed in 2 hours.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, after the name change, I plan to institute an invasion of Wales. After that, I plan to pursue legal prosecution in international court for the guys who should have - but didn't - stop George Lucas from ruining Star Wars. Also, Ireland will become a global haven for an Internet without government interference. Also, free booze and automobiles. Because fuck common sense.

He's got my vote! :)
  • edited November 2010
    Please, it's ok. You should be worrying about the Serene Empire of Pantstopia.

:D

:D:D:D

What's your immigration policy?
  • edited November 2010
    Bought a thingie where you plug several AV cords and then you plug the thing into the TV and there is a switch, so you don't have to keep unplugging and re-plugging devices. This one has 4, and the wires are long enough that instead of it being behind the TV and hard to reach, it will sit on the floor, so if we need more that 4 of them it will be much, much easier to change.

Also bought the headphones someone suggested in the whatever's on your mind thread. (These ones).
  • edited November 2010
    :D

:D:D:D

What's your immigration policy?

To quote The Eagles: "You may check [in] anytime, but you can never leave!" We're still marginally better than North Korea, though. Also, I thought I should add... it's legal here. Just saying.
  • edited November 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Bought a thingie where you plug several AV cords and then you plug the thing into the TV and there is a switch, so you don't have to keep unplugging and re-plugging devices. This one has 4, and the wires are long enough that instead of it being behind the TV and hard to reach, it will sit on the floor, so if we need more that 4 of them it will be much, much easier to change.[/URL]).

This has reminded me to get one of those things for myself. Been meaning to get one for a while but I keep forgetting to!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.