The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hrgh. HRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH. Do want.
    Just to rub it in, here's a comparison video.

...OK, so there's not all THAT much difference. Shut up.
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Hayden,
    Last thing I bought was "The Kid With a Bike Available" DVD. Love the movie and like to recommend others to see this movie also. It was a treat to watch this movie.
  • edited February 2013
    Just to rub it in, here's a comparison video.

...OK, so there's not all THAT much difference. Shut up.
    Yeah, it looks like the major difference is in the brightness and contrast.

I think I'll pass.
  • edited February 2013
    It doesn't really upscale the video or anything, if that what you're thinking. All it really does it let you use an HDMI cable instead of the standard Scart one. The slight difference in picture quality isn't meant to be huge.
  • edited February 2013
    spotlight_image_english.png

Thanks to Marsden.

It doesn't really upscale the video or anything, if that what you're thinking. All it really does it let you use an HDMI cable instead of the standard Scart one. The slight difference in picture quality isn't meant to be huge.
    I have component cables for my Wii. In fact, I was so insistent that my brother-in-law not use composite for his family's Wii that I actually went out and bought one for them when he voiced his indifference.

Composite sucks. Yes. I even insist on using S-Video cables for my SNES (there are no readily-available-to-buy component cables for SNES/N64/GameCube).
  • edited February 2013
    I bought Mass Effect 3 including all the DLCs. Now I just have to hope my computer runs it, otherwise it was some bad spending.
    Also, I bought a Yoshi plush for my daughter. Okay, and a little for myself....

Oh and I bought System Shock 2 from GoG ofcourse. I did have the original game, somewhere, but that won't run anymore. This is a great opportunity to replay one of my favorite games ever made.
  • edited February 2013
    JordyLicht wrote: »
    I bought Mass Effect 3 including all the DLCs. Now I just have to hope my computer runs it, otherwise it was some bad spending.

Don't even think about it. That was bad spending even if it runs.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »

*sigh*

I pretty much wiped every DRM-related game from my hard disc yesterday (among them Bastion, which required that I reinstall that god damn gamestop app again). The one last thing remaining is ME3, which would allow me to deinstall the godforsaken Origin shit as well.

...I'm hesitating. The reinstallation would be a massive hassle. In-game downloads are the shits, because I can't save that data on my portable hard disc. I REALLY wish they'd give up that crap and have download packages like before. Ah well, EA is heading in completely the wrong direction and has been for quite some time, my only hope is that at least Telltale has seen with TWD what they are doing to their customers.
  • edited February 2013

Really? It can't be that bad... I loved parts 1 and 2. I already heard about the shit ending of part 3, so the director's cut has already been installed.
    edited February 2013
    JordyLicht wrote: »
    Really? It can't be that bad... I loved parts 1 and 2. I already heard about the shit ending of part 3, so the director's cut has already been installed.

Must... resist... temptation... to... ramble...

TL;DW: Director's cut = Same bad ending + 1 equally unsatisfying additional ending + some lackluster screenshot stills before the credits + 1 additional huge plot hole.

Nonetheless: You'll have a nice experience, and if you're really really prepared for ludicrous deus ex machina crap at the ending, it could even be GOOD. I shed a tear once...
  • edited February 2013
    Haha, thanks. Never resist the temptation to ramble. I like rambling. :)
    It's not like I will delete a game before ever playing it because some people don't like it or do like it. It's nice to get some different opinions.
    I've seen some rumours that they're writing part 4 already, but I've no idea if these are based on ANY facts.
    edited February 2013
    Of course it's a fact. Electronic Arts doesn't MAKE new IPs, they just buy 'em up. So they have nothing else to do at the moment.
  • edited February 2013
    (among them Bastion, which required that I reinstall that god damn gamestop app again)
    So you haven't bought it in it's Humble Bundle then?
    edited February 2013
    So you haven't bought it in it's Humble Bundle then?

Very, very, very unfortunately not. So I not only missed a DRM free Bastion, oh no, a DRM free Sword and Sworcery as well. And if that hadn't been enough insult... noooo, the soundtracks were in there as well!! Stupid fucking bundle time limits. :( :(
  • edited February 2013
    mountain dew and jalapeno flavored pringles
  • edited February 2013
    61ENn-lTttL.jpg
  • edited February 2013
    So you're a masochist, eh?
  • edited February 2013
    flesk wrote: »
    So you're a masochist, eh?

No. The soundtrack is excellent.
  • edited February 2013
    I bought a whole heap of doctor who DVDs, due to various sales over the past couple of weeks. The pile was pretty high, but I forgot to take a picture, so I'll List.

Revisitations 2 (3 DVDs)
    Revisitations 3 (3 DVDs)
    Ace Adventures (2 DVDs)
    Delta and the Bannerman
    Four to Doomsday
    Paradise Towers
    The Space Museum
    The Chase
    Gunfighters
    The Awakening
    Inferno
    And finally Series 6 on blu-ray.

I also re-bought Trauma Centre: Under the Knife and bought Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D.

I'm hoping that should be enough to occupy me during my two weeks off work after my operation next month. I also now own all of Peter Davisons episodes, so I can watch them in order. Now to finish digitising them so I can watch them on my tablet...
  • edited February 2013
    6633044179_f5c7e3d64c_z.jpg1163841.jpg
  • edited February 2013
    ew all-star superman

BYe7hFC.jpg
  • edited February 2013
    ew all-star superman

I liked the bits where he was fighitng the evil sun thing on the movie. And when I watched the movie I could tell theres lots I'm missing out on cos they cut it from the comic even though I hadn't read it.
  • edited February 2013
    img_3282.jpg
  • edited February 2013
    61ENn-lTttL.jpg

You have excellent taste.

dTl.jpg

eTl.jpg
  • edited February 2013
    61iemXge76L.jpg
    Well my (only) third copy of that masterpiece. This time the a golden CD in a special edition long box with poster.
  • edited February 2013
    Aw Fawful not Batman Through the looking glass, I read it and all i can give it is a 3/10 because the story is hard to follow and is pretty crappy. The art is horrible but i'll admit at times its so bad that its funny. But still i can say it is the most horrible Batman comic i've read.
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah well I'm sure most Batman fans would say that.
  • edited February 2013
    $%28KGrHqZHJDgFC7lch,w9BQ%29QioJ,%29g~~60_35.JPG
  • edited February 2013
    feature_20.jpg

med_mgs_rising_ninja_skinE3szC.jpg

It came with the Grey Fox skin!
  • edited February 2013
    gHJ3DZA.png

EDIT:

header_292x136.jpg?t=1357676084
  • edited March 2013
    I "caved" and bought The Cave.
    Added that Mark Of The Ninja game as well, even though I have to reboot into Windows for it, but all you guys convinced me. It's supposed to be awesome and it was 5 euros.
  • edited March 2013
    cmdstore_2233_39327131-320-640-240-480.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Darth-Vader-in-a-Box.jpg

22970531_700x700min_1.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Adele: Skyfall / Single-CD
    811446.jpg
    http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/811446

Various Artists/Sampler: Best Of Bond...James Bond -50 Years - 50 Tracks- / 2-CD
    824052.jpg
    http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/824052

Various Artists/Sampler: Diablo III Soundtrack / CD
    860425.jpg
    http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/860425

Various Artists/Sampler: World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Soundtrack / CD
    801259.jpg
    http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/801259
  • edited March 2013
    51SU7de2QQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    I'm actually supposed to be saving for a holiday, so I've been trying to cut back on my spending.

But fuck that! Blockbuster's closing down and they're flogging everything dead cheap, so...

2 bags of Popcorn
    2 bottles of Cherry Tango
    5 bags of Fruit Gums
    Nier
    No More Heroes
    Pandora's Tower
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Ratchet & Clank: Q Force (aka: Full Frontal Assault)
    Thor: God of Thunder
    Winnie the Poo

Grand total: £26.

Let me clarify.

PSALBR and Ratchet & Clank are games I've been meaning to pick up at some point, and they were the more expensive ones, but even then, it only came to around £13 for the pair. I think. Hard to tell without a full receipt. Thor was a curiosity - I knew it'd be bad, but it was £1.50, so I just thought 'sod it'. Nier is the same, though I don't think it'll be that bad.

Winnie the Poo is for my mother, since it's Mother's Day this Sunday and I've been buying her lots of small jokey things. And chocolate. Can never go wrong with chocolate, am I right ladies?

Finally, the Wii games aren't for me - they're for my Aunt, who's currently in Canada, but has her PAL Wii which she can't get games for. over there. So I've been picking up bargains when I see them and sending them to her every so often. She's a Zelda fan so I think she'll like Pandora's Tower, but NMH is a bit of a joke. That cost £1.20. :D

But if you thought that was the best bargain of the day, then you'd be wrong, because while in a charity shop looking for Xbox1 games, I stumbled across a hidden gem for a mere £2.

<Pause for dramatic effect>

<More pausing>

...ready? Here it is:

cod-black-ops-xbox-360-cover.jpg

FOR £2. Oh, I just have no willpower at all...
  • edited March 2013
    ...I still wouldn't have paid $3 for it.
  • edited March 2013
    71C0hf0rqmL._AA500_.jpg

914ycDAhqfL._AA500_.jpg

81IozZtnR3L._AA500_.jpg

Give me a month and I'll tell you what I think about it (so when my free playtime ran out).
    edited March 2013
    World of... what craft? Never heard of it. :cool:
  • edited March 2013
    AVXHC_covCHEUNG.jpg-660x946.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.