The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    51eUB9Q7-EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    £6.99 from Google play. I Watched the film for the umpteenth time last night and fell in love with the songs and soundtrack all over again.
  • edited March 2013
    220x220.png

That's the Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines, and it was on offer. £20.

JUST about worth it for the Power Loader... not really bothered about the game, though I hear Gearbox is patching it up the wazoo to try and make it not suck, so maybe by the time I get round to it it'll be somewhat playable?
  • edited March 2013
    The PC version was done. A lot is fixed. Just not the story or the fact that there's only 3 levels with just Aliens. Also, the gamma needs to be tweaked a bit. The textures and AI are a lot better though. They're slowly rolling all this out in smaller patches on console versions over the next while.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, I heard about the massive 4GB patch. I just read somewhere they were gonna do more, so...
  • edited March 2013
    OK, I guess I DIDN'T purchase Aliens: Colonial Marines: Collector's Edition, since I've just had a refund from PayPal and absolutely no communication as to why from anyone.

The moral of the story: DO NOT USE SHOPTO.NET.
  • edited March 2013
    Website says it's on back-order which really isn't a good sign for a collector's edition. Odd there was no communication though.
  • edited March 2013
    When I ordered it last night, it said that there was one copy left.

The page didn't change to say 'back-order' until this morning, so I'm guessing someone else ordered it before I did. Perfectly understandable, if annoying, but it's the lack of communication that's put me off the site entirely.

Last night I raised a ticket saying the following:
    I attempted to purchase the PC Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines on Wednesday March 27th using PayPal, and although the money has been taken (PayPal Invoice ID: <SNIP>), my account shows no signs of the order. Is this simply a matter of my having ordered it so late in the day that the order has yet to be properly processed, or has something gone wrong? Please let me know, I'm a little concerned.

Shortly after 9 this morning, I got about half a dozen emails, first one wanting to verify my account (which it already was), then one confirming my account WAS verified, one saying that the customer service team had responded to my ticket (they hadn't - the ticket wasn't even available on the site any more), one confirming my order, and finally an e-mail from PayPal saying that my money had been refunded.

So, unable to access the previous ticket, I decided to open another ticket. I can't tell you what was in it though, since it was closed not 5 minutes later and I can't access that one either. Basically I asked what the hell was going on and expressed my dissatisfaction, and they promptly ignored me, telling me absolutely nothing.

So fuck 'em. Not shopping with them again.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah fuck'em.
    That's a bit beyond lack of communication. Now we've plunged neck deep in atrocious customer service and overall business.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah. I'd tried to pre-order something from them before (Essentials God of War Collection # 2), but it didn't work out and I figured the problem was with PayPal not liking pre-orders or something. So much for that!

Back on topic - last bought some Easter Eggs. Since it's Easter on Sunday.
  • edited March 2013
    Thats kinda weird, since every order I have ever made to ShopTo has been fine.
    Sounds like to me there could have been a stock issue. maybe the site could have been a little slow on stock updates and they got too many orders in so they decided to hold it and wait and see if they can find more stock.
    (Also I have always paid with PayPal with absolutely no issues. Maybe just bad luck dude.(or they have suddenly gone downhill in the last few months which is also possible I guess)

Tesco have oddly enough, been pretty good on pre-orders for me.
    Only Ni No Kuni so far has been late, but I don't blame them for that at all.
    (Since the game quite clearly sold beyond expectations, and it was a good deal)
    I just received Luigi's Mansion 2 today, and I am very keen to play it tonight! :)
  • edited March 2013
    I always forget. Which day do you give eggs on? Is it good Friday or the Sunday?
  • edited March 2013
    Sunday. In times of old, it used to be called Egg Sunday before becoming Easter Sunday.

As for "why eggs"... well, eggs are associated with new life thanks to chicks breaking out of one when they're born. From there, the connection to Jesus rising from the dead is easy to make.
  • edited March 2013
    I've got that Blurenzo & Lorengzo's Mansion Dark Ass game or whatever.

Yaaaay.
  • edited March 2013
    Sunday. In times of old, it used to be called Egg Sunday before becoming Easter Sunday.

As for "why eggs"... well, eggs are associated with new life thanks to chicks breaking out of one when they're born. From there, the connection to Jesus rising from the dead is easy to make.

Well, I ate the egg that my sister gave me anyway. Eggs are meant to be eaten fresh, afterall, right?
  • edited March 2013
    PLM11301.jpg

Don't ask..
  • edited March 2013
    You just want to have a reason for your other toys to go "KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!".
  • edited March 2013
    71h80Ve0pfL._AA500_.jpg

81Bz%2BMyKT4L._AA500_.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    You just want to have a reason for your other toys to go "KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!".

It's DARK NINJA DAVE!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    It's DARK NINJA DAVE!!!!

With KillerKarateKatana!
  • edited March 2013
    Are you sure it's not just a painted Pink Pyjama Pierre?
  • edited March 2013
    thanos.0.jpg

$T2eC16R,!%29kE9s4Z+lr1BQbDCUK0Tg~~60_12.JPG
  • edited March 2013
    $T2eC16J,!y0E9s2S5)j5BRT1Okcwj!~~60_12.JPG
  • edited April 2013
    A ticket to:

Fortarock-2013-Lineup.jpg

Rock on!
  • edited April 2013
    6140251924_6188ae1988.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    Planescape: Torment from GOG.com
  • edited April 2013
    4326.jpg

9f_252905_0_MarvelPlatinum0TheDefinitiveIr.jpg
  • A 12-gauge double-barreled Remington shotgun. I even etched “Boomstick” into the stock with a Bowie Knife.
  • edited April 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    A 12-gauge double-barreled Remington shotgun. I even etched “Boomstick” into the stock with a Bowie Knife.

Display, cosplay or actual use?
  • edited April 2013
    148a37291612.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    148a37291612.jpg

Excellent game
  • edited April 2013
    AoE2-HD-Feat.png
  • edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    AoE2-HD-Feat.png

Ditto.

Um, there's an achievement for pre-ordering? That's pretty lame. I understand the reasoning behind it though.
  • edited April 2013
    flesk wrote: »
    Ditto.

Um, there's an achievement for pre-ordering?

Yes. Scummy. But well if someone hasn't preordered... SAM.
    (Steam Achievement Manager)
  • edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    AoE2-HD-Feat.png

Well, I know where my money's going now. After I take a nap.
  • edited April 2013
    Something horrible.

Something terrible.

Something I'm going to deeply, deeply regret.

Because now that I own it, I'm going to have to review it.

Something... evil.

Alt link if the above one doesn't work.
  • edited April 2013
    Your insane!!!!...meh what could possibly go wrong.
  • edited April 2013
    It was £1.50.

AND I'M NEVER GETTING THAT BACK.
  • edited April 2013
    It was £1.50.

AND I'M NEVER GETTING THAT BACK.

Someone saw you coming.

250px-Stan_SMISE.jpg
    Suuuucker.
  • edited April 2013
    something horrible.

Something terrible.

Something i'm going to deeply, deeply regret.

Because now that i own it, i'm going to have to review it.

Something... evil.

alt link if the above one doesn't work.

That's the way we wash our hands

Fa la la la la la la la la la!
  • Display, cosplay or actual use?

Actual use.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.