The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    I would buy Tomb Raider if it was on gog.com.

But it's not.
  • edited March 2013
    Just a heads up, Football over here is a game where you actually kick a ball around with your foot, not one where you carry it around with your hands. We call that one Rugby.

;)

Pretty sure that's the case in the entire civilized part of the world, including Denmark. ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Well, just in case you thought we were silly, like those crazy Americans. :p
  • edited March 2013
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I would buy StarCraft 2 if it was on Steam.

But it's not.

I would rebuy every Blizzard game if they were on steam. Well I wouldn't rebuy WoW and Diablo III. But the others.
  • edited March 2013
    bookpage?1363138386
  • edited March 2013
    Just a heads up, Football over here is a game where you actually kick a ball around with your foot, not one where you carry it around with your hands. We call that one Rugby.

;)
    flesk wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's the case in the entire civilized part of the world, including Denmark. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football#Use_of_the_word_.22football.22

The word "football", when used in reference to a specific game can mean any one of those described above. Because of this, much friendly controversy has occurred over the term football, primarily because it is used in different ways in different parts of the English-speaking world. Most often, the word "football" is used to refer to the code of football that is considered dominant within a particular region. So, effectively, what the word "football" means usually depends on where one says it.

Association football is known generally as soccer where other codes of football are dominant, including: the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. American football is always football in the United States. In francophone Quebec, where Canadian football is more popular, the Canadian code is known as football and association football is known as le soccer. Of the 45 national FIFA affiliates in which English is an official or primary language, most currently use Football in their organizations' official names. The FIFA affiliates in Canada and the United States use Soccer in their names.
  • edited March 2013
    Quit being a nerd, Chyron.

Last bought... uh, Ibuprofen. Oh, and a kid's book about Caesar for my Mum as a joke.
  • edited March 2013
    A bunch of games from that GoG sale. Hopefully stuff that I'll be able to play at some point.
  • edited March 2013
    X9m.jpg

My collection is coming for your collection, Coolsome.
  • edited March 2013
    Quit being a nerd, Chyron.
    Why does this make me laugh... :D

Anyway, all I did was copy and paste.
  • edited March 2013
    X9m.jpg

My collection is coming for your collection, Coolsome.

But could he beat...

2525728-marvelfamouscoversauntmay.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    2242985-xmenso_super.jpg

Course the sticker covers Cyclopes face.
  • edited March 2013
    Wait, they're including Comixology codes with trades now?
  • edited March 2013
    cLfedml8SNHBSuNr9XkVVL-stH7UV0pbk9d5bSRq4b79M40oNno6IJ4hF5MrpU1dAQ=w705
  • edited March 2013
    51-UhN%2BCvCL._SL500.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Option-Paralysis.jpg

Bought The Dillinger Escape Plan's Option Paralysis on iTunes. Holy crap... how could I have missed this gem? I fucking love it.
  • edited March 2013
    91036300_zps23ffcbe0.jpg
    95719238_zpsb3d10cc0.jpg

WolverineJacketX1-001__65958_zoom.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    You have far too much disposable income.

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Coverart.png _-Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-Chaos-Bleeds-Xbox-_.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Or just no impulse control. Also I'm getting money owed to me soon so I'll replace the cost of the jacket with it.
  • edited March 2013
    The funny thing is, I'm just rewatching Buffy right now!
  • edited March 2013
    I'm Re-watching Millennium.

Just bought a 40 of Captain Morgan.
  • edited March 2013
    and I'm re-watching X-Files. And Millennium.

DLC_quest.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    I've been re-re-re-re-rewatching the Star Wars OT (ie. Harmy's original theatrical restoration).

Currently, I have a strange desire to rewatch The Goonies, but I need to buy it first. I have it on VHS, but that doesn't help.
  • edited March 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTH9BXQrKpLfVgwT8vaFqRiJlJOrDFzKGuCURVbDyZHU7dxQXZx
    16GB version, £289 from Google.

I'm also thinking of switching to 3, as I get £35 cashback from my employee benefits site if I do (despite not having any connection to the company whatsoever), even if it's just a £10 rolling monthly contract. Does anyone in the UK have any experience with them?
  • edited March 2013
    Oh you lucky bastard. I've been trying to get the Nexus 4 for quite some time now, but it's almost impossible to get in my country, especially for the 'normal' price.
    There are a few stores that import it, but the price is ridiculous.
  • edited March 2013
    I caved.

_-Sleeping-Dogs-PC-_.jpg

Well, it was only a matter of time. Limited Edition's 75% off at GameFly today, redeems on Steam.

Just gotta wait for the DLC to go on sale again.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2013
    021913_NewLaysChips_27095313--525x615.jpg
    My mom said they tasted like hot sauce with an Asian taste to it. She didn't like it, but I'm impressed by her taste buds since Sriracha is a Thai hot sauce. :)

I did like them. I thought it was delicious. :D

I'm going to try the cheesy garlic bread ones next.
  • edited March 2013
    We have chilli sauce Lays here already. I'm assuming the taste is pretty much the same.

Sriracha and Quinoa are words I hear mispronounced the most...
    ...randomly.
  • edited March 2013
    Took me freaking forever since Steam wouldn't save them all in my basket at once and I had to buy them individually *GRR*, but I've just bought the following:

header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    uncann141-article_image.jpg
    Digital comic off the Marvel app.
  • edited March 2013
    Hearts of Iron III Collection.
  • edited March 2013
    Iron++EP+wpidWoodkid_2011_Iron_EP_.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Found a friend willing to buy the free XCOM from me, and GMG's $14 straight cash back was quite a good deal, so...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyrydYk2MbgRPsCWBKpAZtut5j7wIumV1FBfTgMRf0YkOtAPzk

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRekS3g6AOt6_q5PvxbZ1UMKeMVDcs1fO7YTXWCmFFfuDlR3cln
  • edited March 2013
    guardians-of-the-galaxy-legacy-hot-116313488.jpg

Thanks Dashing for the recommendation.
  • edited March 2013
    Massive picture is massive. Please find a smaller one.
  • edited March 2013
    Prudes..
  • edited March 2013
    Thank you!
  • edited March 2013
    Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon

Took advantage of Tesco code TDX-HP6M to knock £5 off it, then applied my discount.

It came to about £25.
    Yeah. Pre-ordered a 3ds game for £25. Score! :D
  • edited March 2013
    Pre-ordered a 3ds game for £25. Score! :D

That's pretty decent. Full price 3DS games are almost twice of that here. And not even Mario and Layton games are worth that to me. I'm doing what I did with DS games and just wait until they're cheap enough that I can get them from Amazon UK without having to pay custom fees and taxes. The result is that I only have 3 physical games for a 3DS I've had for almost half a year. And my wife got me one of them for more than I would have paid myself. I do have several download exclusives though, as they aren't remotely as insanely priced. There's even a lot of good indie games for it. (Sadly no Psychonauts though. That would have been beyond excellent.)
  • edited March 2013
    Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, season one, volume one and two.

Only volume two has arrived, still waiting for volume one, which might arrive in a week or three.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.