The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    Same. Also got the other one. I kind of like sure-shot as well.

used the other one for a few hours too because it was free with the Survival Edition. :cool:
  • edited July 2013
    The Tomb Raider collection. 10 games for £11.24. Not bad. Even better when you think that one of those games accounts for £7.49 of the price with the other 9 games taking up the remaining £3.75. It's also good because I've only ever played bits of the first two games on the PlayStation so now I've got the chance to play and complete all of them.

Now all I need is to find the time to do that, along with every other game I want to play.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh dear, Steams summer sale has started.
    I've restricted myself to buying all the original Civ V DLC and the gods+Kings expansion pack. £5 for the lot (as an upgrade).

Oh, and I spent £100 on London Eyequarium tickets for tomorrow.
  • edited July 2013
    2GB SD card for my nephews' Wii so that they can play with their own save game files when they come to my house. From Amazon for $6.30 with free shipping.

I'm generally the one who buys them video game stuff. Most of the games they have were given to them by me. I also gave them the 360 controller they have for PC games, as well as the component cables for their Wii.

Their dad does play Asheron's Call, Counter Strike or WoW, buth he really doesn't care much about gaming. When I chastized him for still using composite cables for their Wii he said "it's just a video game."

So I bought an SD card for their Wii because I know my sister and brother-in-law won't bother to.
  • edited July 2013
    You're a good Uncle.

Last bought around a dozen games on Steam. Mostly indie games at around a quid each. Exceptions to that include the Duke Nukem Platformer bundle (first two games & Manhattan Project) and Inversion, which was ridiculously cheap. Probably because it's utterly average, but whatever, I regret nothing.
  • edited July 2013
    0888837469111.jpg
    180gr Vinyl single.
  • edited July 2013
    More Steam games.

I'm just going to wait until the end of the sale and then just put up the list. Probably scare myself with it too.
  • edited July 2013
    For 1.99, I bought this today and am playing through it now;
  • edited July 2013
    Oh you poor, poor madman. What on earth possessed you to purchase that?
  • edited July 2013
    For 1.99, I bought this today and am playing through it now;
    That's $20 more than you should have spent.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh you poor, poor madman. What on earth possessed you to purchase that?

Because survival horror mechanics are sadly misunderstood by most reviewers. It's the same thing that possessed me to purchase Silent Hill Downpour, which was actually a pretty good survival horror game. Not exactly the best Silent Hill, but it's still very much a good survival horror game.

Also, it really isn't that bad. Lots of good stealth, and planning to do in Amy. You know, stuff missing from just about every modern game that claims to be a survival horror series. Looking at you, Resident Evil.
    That's $20 more than you should have spent.

I got it off the psn, so it was practically free as I had already had money in my account to use. Seriously, for survival horror fans it's not that bad. For Call of Duty fans, yeah I can see how they would hate it.

Also, they fixed a lot of bugs and criticisms with a update, so I haven't really experienced anything all that bad. Combat is about as good as it is in any classic Silent Hill game.
  • edited July 2013
    More Steam games.

I'm just going to wait until the end of the sale and then just put up the list. Probably scare myself with it too.

Same. So far I've pretty much just bought games I wasn't really planning on getting, so I'll cut into my wishlist during the last few days of the sale. Ditto on the probable scare as well.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    Portal 2, Terarria and Kerbal Space Programme...
    I think I have been fairly good at this Steam Sale thing KSP is the only thing I've bought above £10...
  • edited July 2013
    I don't think I've spent more than £10 on any single item, but overall I've spent about £50 (so far).

Case in point: last bought Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Gold Edition (includes the DLC). It was under my limit of a fiver, and I did want it, so...
  • edited July 2013
    A Nvidia GeForce 8300 GS graphics card.

geforce%208300%20gs.png

It's the same card I've been trying to upgrade from for a couple years, it's a piece of shit, it's five years obsolete, and I had to buy one used (apparently parted out from a working machine sold at auction), but it's the only card I know for certain works in my machine without having to resurrect Avistew's graphics card thread to ask you guys for help, and it was only $30.
  • edited July 2013
    I feel like you could have done a lot better while still spending $30 for a PCI-Express x16 card.
  • edited July 2013
    Probably, but I had my dad in a rare place where he was willing to buy the part (possibly because his laptop just totally died and he had to buy a new one, so he may have felt bad about my computer still being busted), and I didn't have time to do the research. As soon as I have a job, upgrading the card will be on my list of priorities.
  • edited July 2013
    Alright, that makes sense. I didn't say it to be dickish, I just wanted to get the idea out there in case you paid yourself and were in a position to get a refund and put the same amount to better use.
  • edited July 2013
    No, I didn't take it as bad at all. As for a refund, it was a buy it now deal on eBay and it was just now, but I'm not sure that I could cancel it.
  • edited July 2013
    In that case, yeah, it's probably the best interim option until you can really afford the money and time investment of budgeting and getting a new graphics card.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah, it would've been more ideal if my sister would've brought me that identical computer she has, but she's been making excuses and putting it off and finally my dad and I decided it was time to just buy the identical card instead of waiting for her to let me borrow the one out of her machine.

On the plus side, she brought me the monitor today, so once I get the card, I should be able to do an extended desktop, and with matching monitors too.
  • edited July 2013
    Final Fantasy 7. On Greenmangaming. 30% off.
    edited July 2013
    So you buy a 16 year old game for 12.99€ from Greenmangaming to activate it on Steam, but it still has SQE's absurd new cloud save DRM on it as a bonus. Errrrr... great purchase. :o
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I got the PSN version for cheaper (and I can play that on my PS3 and PSP which is good enough for me tbh).

Welp what have I bought today then?

DLC mostly.

DLC for Sleeping Dogs
    DLC for Dishonoured
    Surgeon Simulator 2013
  • edited July 2013
    So you buy a 16 year old game for 12.99€ from Greenmangaming to activate it on Steam, but it still has SQE's absurd new cloud save DRM on it as a bonus. Errrrr... great purchase. :o

No. For 9.1€. And are you crazy? Look at the price for a retail copy of that thing. I'm not buying it for 100+€.

Also it has a one time login DRM. And mods available to replace the music and graphics. Yay.
  • edited July 2013
    Torchlight 2.

Damn you Steam. Damn you. I haven't even played the first one yet!
    edited July 2013
    Oh, I finished that first part recently. Even made it to level 87.

And I can now patiently wait for T2 to come to gog.com.

Years, if I must.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh, I finished that first part recently. Even made it to level 87.

And I can now patiently wait for T2 to come to gog.com.

Years, if I must.

But the second game requires a Perfect World log in for multiplayer.
    No idea if it will ever come to gog because of that.
    Edit: No log in required for singleplayer or LAN-mode though.
    edited July 2013
    Multiplayer, multiplayer... well, it must have been the AMIGA 600. Oh, glorious days.

And right now, I'd much rather register with anything Chinese than anything American thank you very much!
  • edited July 2013
    j9tf.jpg
    Including a making of 'Flight of the Amazon Queen'. Fuck yes!

xtdl.jpg
    Except it's not the i-pad version. It's a psychical magazine. I just couldn't find an image of it online!

ul0l.jpg

17cp.jpg

4dm8.jpg

8utd.jpg
  • edited July 2013
    I have that Screen Burn book (and its sequel, Dawn of the Dumb). Good reds.
  • edited July 2013
    I have that Screen Burn book (and its sequel, Dawn of the Dumb). Good reds.

I'll have to check out the 'Dawn of the Dumb' book (great title). I can't recommend this book enough...
    1283341265-kermode_3_revised.jpeg
  • edited July 2013
    Well, I'll just keep an eye out for it then, won't I? :)
  • edited July 2013
    250px-LA-Noire-Box-Art.jpg

256px-Borderlandscover.jpg

Damn you, Steam...
  • edited July 2013
    Damn you, Steam...

Both great games.
  • edited July 2013
    71Ym8iz1UGL._SL500_.jpg

imported. Still on it's way.
  • edited July 2013
    I thought about getting that a while back after looking into good adventure games for the DS. I ended up getting Hotel Dusk first. Two years later I still haven't completed it. It's become a game I only pick up when I'm on vacation. I like several things about it. I just think the pacing is really bad, so I feel like I'm never really able to get into it.

I loved the other games I came across in the genre though (not that either are very typical for the genre): the Ace Attorney and Layton series and Ghost Trick.
  • edited July 2013
    flesk wrote: »
    I thought about getting that a while back after looking into good adventure games for the DS. I ended up getting Hotel Dusk first. Two years later I still haven't completed it. It's become a game I only pick up when I'm on vacation. I like several things about it. I just think the pacing is really bad, so I feel like I'm never really able to get into it.

I loved the other games I came across in the genre though (not that either are very typical for the genre): the Ace Attorney and Layton series and Ghost Trick.

Hotel Dusk's pacing issues were worked out pretty much entirely in the sequel. The only problem I had was importing it since Cing went bankrupt before they could make a US release. Also, Stop thinking about it and get both Zero Escape games, they're two of the best adventure games ever made, period.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.