The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I loved Hotel Dusk but never played the sequel.
  • edited July 2013
    I loved "The Last Window", but I can't really remember it. It was definitely better than "Hotel Dusk". Another Code:R was also pretty awesome. Like, one of my favourite Wii games. It's just a shame it never made it to the US. But then, you guys got Excitebots.

OT:Glee:The Concert movie, RCT3:Platinum, A USB adapter for my tablet and a USB to micro USB adapter for my phone.
  • edited July 2013
    I recently bought into Star Citizen. Best. Investment. Ever.
  • edited July 2013
    A ticket to see Hitchiker's guide to the Galaxy Live. Colin Baker is the guide.
  • edited July 2013
    517REFX6RDL.jpg

51430YY64AL._SX385_.jpg

I just realise that the doctor from Trauma center is indeed a vampire hunter in his secret life.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I recently bought into Star Citizen. Best. Investment. Ever.

Well, it is in fact not an 'investment', and even if it was, you might want to wait for a result before you call it a win. ;)
  • edited July 2013
    pffft. The game is playable on Steam right noew. Why aren't YOU playing it, huh?
    Edit: wait no it's not. What am I thinking of right now???
  • edited July 2013
    Tales of Graces F Day 1 Edition (Includes Soundtrack and Making off)

Used £30

A nice little find. Since the regular version is about £30 online anyway. :D
  • edited July 2013
    Well, it is in fact not an 'investment', and even if it was, you might want to wait for a result before you call it a win. ;)
    Crowd funding is a TYPE of investment. :D
  • edited July 2013
    B5b4E0B.jpg?1
  • edited August 2013
    PSN card
  • edited August 2013
    8653779.jpg

Not bad for $30.
  • edited August 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    Not bad for $30.

I don't know how the price for those things is in your country but 30$ is about double what it would be over here. (10.49€ on amazon right now, normally they are about 16€ though)
  • edited August 2013
    A Nvidia GeForce 8300 GS graphics card.

geforce%208300%20gs.png

It's the same card I've been trying to upgrade from for a couple years, it's a piece of shit, it's five years obsolete, and I had to buy one used (apparently parted out from a working machine sold at auction), but it's the only card I know for certain works in my machine without having to resurrect Avistew's graphics card thread to ask you guys for help, and it was only $30.

Woo, got my refund! Lousy piece of shit.
  • edited August 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I don't know how the price for those things is in your country but 30$ is about double what it would be over here. (10.49€ on amazon right now, normally they are about 16€ though)

$20 on Amazon, but I saw it in store and didn't care. $6 an album is good either way. Our cost of living is higher, so our pay is higher(than most of the US, save parts of California and New York, etc.). Almost everything is more in Canada except video games, which are the same. We probably have the cheapest video game prices by comparison of average salary.

CD prices are high though, so I rarely buy them anymore. Impulse buy which I could've got cheaper on Amazon if I felt like waiting a week.
  • edited August 2013
    51rYNl7sYgL.jpg
  • edited August 2013
    The last game I purchased was Family Feud for the iPhone, and the game is crap with a capital C. As a longtime fan of the American tv game show Family Feud, I approached my game download with great excitement, but was sadly disappointed when I saw how the game doesn't accept answers which aren't phrased or spelled in a specific way. For example, you might type "gym equipment" and get a strike because the game was looking for "exercise machine." Very bad design.

Even the wonderful, classic Sierra games with text parser input were more intelligent and understood way more descriptive variations than this app does.
  • edited August 2013
    DEC120733_1.jpg?h=829181d2105bb1cdfc76870aa435305a&img_full
  • edited August 2013
    Well if IGN recommends it, then it MUST be good.

As for me...

946233_102223_front.jpg

A shade under £4. Stupid impulse eBay buys.
  • edited August 2013
    MAR130722_1.jpg?h=6e7185694806c103725d083dbd2a1d1d&img_full
  • edited August 2013
    Damn, you got through that first one pretty damn fast! :p

Let's see... what did I buy about half an hour ago...

banner.jpg
    ShinyLoot-BlackMirror2_headerimage.jpg
    ShinyLoot-BlackMirror3_headerimage.jpg
    ShinyLoot-GrayMatter_headerImage.jpg
    ShinyLoot-Haunted_headerimage.jpg
    jack_haunt8.jpg(Don't know why I got this one, it looks awful)
    ShinyLoot-Zerzura_headerimage.jpg
    SoBlonde-Headerimage.jpg
    header.jpg (Starring Nancy the Happy Hooker. No, really.)

You can blame those on ShinyLoot.com having a sale on adventure games.
  • edited August 2013
    The Perfidious Petrol Station is an AGS game. Play Gray Matter.
  • edited August 2013
    I don't care if it's an AGS game. It stars a happy hooker.
  • edited August 2013
    51Lha5eeG7L._SX385_.jpg
    On the eShop. Why did 999 have to be so good...
  • edited August 2013
    Dead Space 3 on PS3. I didn't realize I'd set my maximum bid so high, since I ended up paying £11.50 for a boxless game, but whatever, it's done now and I can check it off my (rapidly shrinking) list of AAA games to get.
  • edited August 2013
    WWE2K14PhenomEditionPS3.jpg
    Pre Ordered.
  • edited August 2013
    Let's see... what did I buy about half an hour ago...

[...]

You can blame those on ShinyLoot.com having a sale on adventure games.

How did you figure out what to get? I haven't even heard of most of those. Are they all relatively good?
  • edited August 2013
    Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros for the 3DS.
  • edited August 2013
    flesk wrote: »
    How did you figure out what to get? I haven't even heard of most of those. Are they all relatively good?
    Lemme go down the list.

The A.Typical RPG - It's a quirky RPG, it was fairly cheap and I was buying other stuff, so...
    Black Mirror 2 & 3/Gray Matter/Lost Chronicles of Zehzura - These 4 were in a bundle. I wanted Gray Matter, Lost Chronicles looked interesting and I already own the first Black Mirror so thought 'why not get these for nothing?'.
    Haunted - This is by the same guys who did Jack Keane. Need I say more?
    Jack Haunt: On Haunting Grounds - I really don't know why I got this one. It was cheap? I dunno, I guess I just got caught up in the moment or something.
    So Blonde - "Wacky story from the pen of award-winning adventure writer Steve Ince ('Broken Sword')". Also, I have the Wii version, which purports to be a retelling, so...
    The Perfidious Petrol Station - It stars a happy hooker (and I've heard good things, I guess.)
  • edited August 2013
    DIG005800_1.jpg?h=da62c4d1da70f664bdbaa8d839fc97d0&img_full
  • edited August 2013
    Game Maker Studio: Standard

$11.99

I got an email about a discount on upgrading from Game Maker 8, and after talking to a support guy, he added my old key to the system, and I upgraded to the new system (for $9.99 plus $2 vat).

Not bad, not bad. Might have to tinker with the new system and see if I can make anything out of it! :D
    (Should also get a Steam Key tomorrow, which I'll happly redeem into my library. (Its a shame RPG Maker VX Ace didn't give me a steam key though. (I just had to manually re-install it -_-))
  • edited August 2013
    Lemme go down the list.

The A.Typical RPG - It's a quirky RPG, it was fairly cheap and I was buying other stuff, so...
    Black Mirror 2 & 3/Gray Matter/Lost Chronicles of Zehzura - These 4 were in a bundle. I wanted Gray Matter, Lost Chronicles looked interesting and I already own the first Black Mirror so thought 'why not get these for nothing?'.
    Haunted - This is by the same guys who did Jack Keane. Need I say more?
    Jack Haunt: On Haunting Grounds - I really don't know why I got this one. It was cheap? I dunno, I guess I just got caught up in the moment or something.
    So Blonde - "Wacky story from the pen of award-winning adventure writer Steve Ince ('Broken Sword')". Also, I have the Wii version, which purports to be a retelling, so...
    The Perfidious Petrol Station - It stars a happy hooker (and I've heard good things, I guess.)

Thanks. I'll probably pick up a couple of those. I think So Blonde is available for DS as well, because I remember looking into it a while back. Didn't think it looked good enough to be worth it for the price of a DS game, but this one is a lot cheaper. Didn't the developer also make that Captain Morgane something featuring a female pirate protagonist?
  • edited August 2013
    Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
  • edited August 2013
    Ah, Captain Morgane... the So Blonde spin-off. I spent around 15 minutes with the DS version before giving up. Don't get that one - it's not ported very well, and nor would I imagine are the console versions (!).

Also, remember I said I bought Dead Space 3 sans box? Yeah, it arrived today.

Wrapped SOLELY in bubble wrap.

Seriously. Just covered in bubble wrap and thrown into an envelope. Not even a CD Sleeve, just loose. Very unhappy.
  • edited August 2013
    20121122a_image_1.png
  • edited August 2013
    Man, you really are just burning through those, aren't you? It's almost as if you like them or something.

Last bought: a Cake for my mother's birthday tomorrow. And no, I'm not lying about that. :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2013
    Which aren't you lying about, the fact that you bought the cake or the fact that it is your mother's birthday tomorrow?

Anyway, I 'bought' Mario Kart 7 yesterday. It cost me Hercules, Caesar (PC) and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. It was a trade with my youngest sister, or the way I see it, the completion of a trade sequence spanning over a decade.
    250px-Mario-Kart-7-Box-Art.jpg

Oh, and I rebought this.
    dvd-greatest-show.jpg
    Because my previous copy wrecked itself in my disc drive before I had a chance to see it.
  • edited August 2013
    Friar wrote: »

Because my previous copy wrecked itself in my disc drive before I had a chance to see it.

So you dodge a bullet and you decide to reload the gun?
  • edited August 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    Which aren't you lying about, the fact that you bought the cake or the fact that it is your mother's birthday tomorrow?
    Both, but more specifically, the cake, which is definitely not a lie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM2cYYfl8pvr-4UGNT-XuYfmDjRjXWo0PMOi5J_RPIcNMF38kG

Also just bought a guide to the Star Trek game. Because it was two quid.
  • edited August 2013
    Dragon's Crown acquired. Protip, when they say that the Sorceress is for expert players, they mean it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.