The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    S-Video cable for the Gamecube.
    (£7 unopened. Quite lucky to find one of those, especially on ebay. (Unless I'm searching wrong...))

Planning to use it on my Snes, but would also be handy for the N64 when I eventually dig that out sometime.

I got a capture card that uses S-Video, and one of our two HDTVs, (The newer one, the Sony Bravia doesn't have a S-Video port, but oddly enough the old 40 inch LG one does), so at least if I want a nicer picture I can bring the Snes down for a session or two.

I do have my Xbox to fall back on if the picture quality is still unbearable.
    (Since that emulates the Snes very well)

Need to start playing these old games. Save my money.
  • edited July 2011
    tron_collection.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    dvd-series6part1.jpg?w=300&h=410
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Doctor Who

This reminds me how sad I am not to have Doctor Who as part of my Saturday night. :(
  • edited July 2011
    header_586x192.jpg?t=1310588491
  • edited July 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    header_586x192.jpg?t=1310588491

Me too!

(And I already have them on the 360 Xp)
  • edited July 2011
    S-Video cable for the Gamecube.
    (£7 unopened. Quite lucky to find one of those, especially on ebay. (Unless I'm searching wrong...))

Planning to use it on my Snes, but would also be handy for the N64 when I eventually dig that out sometime.

I got a capture card that uses S-Video, and one of our two HDTVs, (The newer one, the Sony Bravia doesn't have a S-Video port, but oddly enough the old 40 inch LG one does), so at least if I want a nicer picture I can bring the Snes down for a session or two.

I do have my Xbox to fall back on if the picture quality is still unbearable.
    (Since that emulates the Snes very well)

Need to start playing these old games. Save my money.

I bought a couple of octopus cables at Walmart some years ago that have AV input plugs for various consoles on the same cable.

One of them has component video cables (Red, Green and Blue) which I initially bought for my PS2, but seeing that it also has a Wii plug, I use it for my Wii as well now. The other cable I have uses S-Video because I couldn't for the life of me find component cables for my Gamecube.

Why did I buy an octopus cable instead of separate cables for each console? Because it was ~$8 as opposed to $15 or 20 and there is (to my eye) no discernible difference in picture quality.

Although, to those of you who only use composite video cables (single yellow plug for video), even the standard one that comes packaged for Wii: You're missing out. I took my Wii to my parents' condo for the 4th of July weekend, taking the composite cable that came with it simply because it was easier to grab when I was packing, and boy let me tell you... the video from composite sucks it hard. I can even tell the increase in picture quality when using S-Video on my SNES. Seriously, splurge the 8 bucks and go buy yourself a better cable. It's well worth it.
  • edited July 2011
    3DS buys today.

Mario's Picross (LOVE Picross. I'll pretty much get any type of picross if its available)
    A little bit of... Puzzle League (I like pick up and play puzzles)
    Aura-Aura Climber (eh, everone says its great and I had about £2 credit left...)
  • edited July 2011
    Castle Crashers on the PS3.

...oh wait, I didn't pay a thing for that! God I love having a Playstation Plus account! Why did I leave it so long before getting one? I've gotten so much awesome stuff thanks to it! Woo!

(Bread and Cat food, if you must know)
  • edited July 2011
    Me too!

(And I already have them on the 360 Xp)
    Me three!
  • edited July 2011
    My second random acquisition from Shirt.Woot arrived today. The winner: No one left to play with

No_one_left_to_play_withj5iDetail.png

Also, there's a Woot-Off going on today, and while I always manage to miss the 15% off sale on Shirt.Woot's reckoning, this time I managed to catch it, which means I finally picked up "Acquired Taste".

Acquired_TasteatbDetail.png
  • edited July 2011
    61bPDsdrucL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51E9OPWQ%2BUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg*
    30 Rock Season 5

*I don't care what anyone says about this movie, I love it.
  • edited July 2011
    I love the Zombie sandwich shirt......
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah, I've had my eye on it since it was the shirt of the day at the end of February, but I've been waiting for a Reckoning sale to buy it, and since those only last for one hour, I've kept missing them.
  • edited July 2011
    ACH002889288.1309273953.580x580.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Nice purchase Johro!

Here's mine:

finalfantasy3.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Pony Bone wrote: »
    Nice purchase Johro!

Here's mine:

finalfantasy3.jpg

That must have been pretty pricey.

(At least the snes version is here)

Fantastic game though, I got the PS1 version.
  • edited July 2011
    03808%20THE%20ELEVENTH%20DOCTOR_2.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg
    03808_CYBERMAN_PANDORICA_GUARD.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    That must have been pretty pricey.

Yeah tell me about it. *Groans* I still need to get the first one for NES.

Picked this up today:

4140qejitDL._SL500_.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Tickets for the first screening of Harry Potter 7.2. I was not surprised to be in a packed theatre at 9:45 in the morning.
  • edited July 2011
    One Ticket to Cars 2. Seriously Underrated Movie.
  • edited July 2011
    One Ticket to Cars 2. Seriously Underrated Movie.

Is it better than the first?

(It doesn't matter so much, as my little bro WILL get it on bluray)
  • edited July 2011
    Is it better than the first?

(It doesn't matter so much, as my little bro WILL get it on bluray)

About the same. The plot is kinda predictable, but there are still some funny moments and the action is extremely enjoyable.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm not sure how a movie that broke even before it was even released could possibly be considered "underrated".
  • edited July 2011
    I'm not sure how a movie that broke even before it was even released could possibly be considered "underrated".

I meant critically. Have you seen the Rotten Tomatoes Reviews?
  • edited July 2011
    Little Big Planet 2 £13.85

I've been waiting to get this game for a while, and at this price its a fair deal.

I already own the first you see, so I didn't want to pay a lot for basically an upgrade.
    But from what I hear the second game is much better than the first, so I think at this price its worth trying it out.
  • edited July 2011
    sailor-v-manga.jpg
    51SUkpm5ziL._SS500_.jpg
    JUL111150.jpg
    51OFtzZ5ukL._SS500_.jpg
    517k3H9x6kL._SS500_.jpg
    51yhErtTecL._SS500_.jpg

Pre Ordered.image.php?u=22029&dateline=1301249524
  • edited July 2011
    Bought a second external hard drive because my current back up had its first hardware failure.

So now I'll be backing up my back up.
  • edited July 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I love the Zombie sandwich shirt......

This is my favourite zombie shirt:
    336177553v15_480x480_Front_Color-Black.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Return ticket to England, just a bit over 2 weeks left till I have to go. :)
  • edited July 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    Bought a second external hard drive because my current back up had its first hardware failure.

So now I'll be backing up my back up.

I've got that system going on too.

What brand is the one that had the failure?
  • edited July 2011
    Return ticket to England, just a bit over 2 weeks left till I have to go. :)

Week and a half for me!
  • edited July 2011
    I've got that system going on too.

What brand is the one that had the failure?

It's a cannablized internal hard drive that I've had for the last 10 years or so from a previous computer that died. I don't know what brand it is. All I know is that it's old. It uses IDE.

The back up I bought is a SeaGate Expansion Drive (500GB), which is a SATA drive. I'm not sure if it is a solid state drive or not, but I think it is given how small it is.
  • edited July 2011
    More 3DS stuff today.

Picked up 3D Classics Xevious (don't have a shooter, and too lazy to buy a DS one...), EA Sudoku, and Game and Watch (virtual console version).
  • edited July 2011
    HgkRIl.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    HgkRIl.jpg

That's mellow, Jack. You guzzlin' foam!
  • edited July 2011
    That's mellow, Jack. You guzzlin' foam!

I don't think that's Aнглийский, man.
  • edited July 2011
    detail-110722.jpg

Prepare to enter... The Scary Door.
  • edited July 2011