I am not kidding.
  • edited March 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Beavis-And-Butt-Head-Tin-Lunch-Box_17622-l.jpg
    I am not kidding.

Uh-ha-ha-ha.
  • edited March 2012
    51fFJ6k-PZL.jpg
    Even with 5€ extra postage (rated 18) still 1 € cheaper than the single boxes for the 2 seasons.

71zXx7mDaCL._AA500_.jpg
    Supplement to the series.
  • edited March 2012
    I present to you the best purchase ever.

boxartlg.jpg

Now some of you may wonder why I claim this to be so (aside from the obvious reasons). Allow me to explain.

So I've been keeping an eye open for the 360 version of Mass Effect for a while now, since I was able to pick up the second one on the same console for a pretty damn good £6, when the norm is around £15.

So today I'm wandering around Worthing looking in all the games stores (there's actually quite a few of them - 7 if you count the pawn shops) when I walk into one of those internet cafe/mobile phone/preowned stuff stores. I have a look at the games and see Mass Effect there.

I pick it up to check how much it is (£11 - remember that number) when I hear something rattle inside it. I figure it must be the manual, so I open up the box to take a look at it and find... £15 tucked behind the instruction book.

So I take that £15 and use it to buy the game, all the while trying to keep a massive grin off my face. I can't hide it once I get outside though, 'cause after the completely shitty day of work I've had, this was most desperately needed! I guess karma really does exist. Or something.

So, to recap. Mass Effect cost me, and I'm not kidding here, MINUS £4. In total, I've only paid £2 from my own pocket for the first two games in the series. I am on Cloud f**king 9 right now.
  • edited March 2012
    I am on Cloud f**king 9 right now.

Wait until you bought all the DLC for ME2.
    still congratulations on those 15 pounds.
  • edited March 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Wait until you bought all the DLC for ME2.
    still congratulations on those 15 pounds.
    Oh, I've still got like 4,000 MS points on my account. DLc is not a problem, my friend. :)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    I am on Cloud f**king 9 right now.

I'm not surprised, that is some really amazing good luck!
  • edited March 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, that is some really amazing good luck!
    I know, right? I couldn't believe it! I kept thinking they were gonna tell me off or whatever, but nothing! I'm still buzzing, though that may be the copious amounts of caffeine I've imbibed today.
  • edited March 2012
    Tickets to the hunger games. It was a good movie.
  • edited March 2012
    SnuggleTruck
    snuggle-truck_5.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    Legend of Grimrock Pre-Order $11.99

From Good Old Games.

Yeah, thats the new thing about GOG, they are doing NEW games now! :D

They also have Trine and The Whispered World on there, though admittadely those games have been cheaper before.
    (And I already own them! XD)
  • edited March 2012
    Heroes of Might and Magic 1, 2, 3 and 4 at GOG.

To go with my copy of number 5 and so I can get rid of my retail copy of number 3.
    Going to get number 6 at some point, just waiting for the price to drop a bit.
  • edited March 2012
    Heroes of Might and Magic 1, 2, 3 and 4 at GOG.

To go with my copy of number 5 and so I can get rid of my retail copy of number 3.
    Going to get number 6 at some point, just waiting for the price to drop a bit.

I recommend also downloading the Heroes 3: In the Wake of Gods modpack.

It's a pretty good fan-made expansion pack for the game.
  • edited March 2012
    God, I just keep finding good stuff.

Donkey Kong Country Returns for £2.
  • edited March 2012
    hunger_games_trilogy.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    I've read all of them, and in truth I don't understand why people think they're so great.
  • edited March 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I've read all of them, and in truth I don't understand why people think they're so great.

I liked the first 2, but the third was really anticlimactic.
  • edited March 2012
    I read the first one, and it was pretty decent. Though I maintain that my favorite work of Suzanne Collins was her Gregor the Overlander series. I wish that one had gotten all the attention that Hunger Games is getting. At some point, I'll have to read the rest of the books so I can have a better informed opinion, though.
  • edited March 2012
    I just dropped off my lawnmower blade to be sharpened. It must be Spring....
  • edited March 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    I just dropped off my lawnmower blade to be sharpened. It must be Spring....

Or killing season.
  • edited March 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Or killing season.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive, y'know.

Last bought some trousers, which it turns out are just the wrong size, so I'll have to change them. :(
  • edited March 2012
    ...and another (relative) bargain: The Jak & Daxter Trilogy on PS3 for £16.14. God bless eBay. I genuinely thought I'd be outbid at the last second on that one, so winning it was a very pleasant surprise!
  • edited March 2012
    The first two Mass Effect games on Amazon.

Once I installed Origin, Spore and The Sims 3 appeared in my library. Forgot I even had those.
  • edited March 2012
    ...and another (relative) bargain: The Jak & Daxter Trilogy on PS3 for £16.14. God bless eBay. I genuinely thought I'd be outbid at the last second on that one, so winning it was a very pleasant surprise!

Have fun getting Jak 2's platium trophy :D
  • edited March 2012
    All 6 DLC packs for Age Of Empires Online. Couldn't say no at the price of the pack (14€)
  • edited March 2012
    Have fun getting Jak 2's platium trophy :D
    Oh, I see what you did there. Bet you've been waiting ages to do that, eh? :)

(Also, platinum has a N in it)

-x-

OK, serious question. I'm on the fence about this, and since it's a one-day deal, I need an answer QUICK.

Final Fantasy XIII-2. Brand new. £14.99 (about $20). Worth it at that price?
  • edited March 2012
    AAAADGhTvfAAAAAAAQcZ8g.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    the-hunger-games-soundtrack-art_408x408.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    OK, serious question. I'm on the fence about this, and since it's a one-day deal, I need an answer QUICK.

Well you guys are sodding useless, aren't you? :)

I caved and bought it in celebration of getting a tax rebate of £500. Woo!

(For the record, it's going towards a holiday to Canada)
  • edited March 2012
    Oh, I see what you did there. Bet you've been waiting ages to do that, eh? :)

(Also, platinum has a N in it)

-x-

I Hope you enjoy collecting orbs and going through very hard missions :D
  • edited March 2012
    I Hope you enjoy collecting orbs and going through very hard missions :D
    Actually, I do. So there. :D
  • edited March 2012
    do u hate the get piece of seal of mar at the water slums mission?
  • edited March 2012
    No, not really. It just takes a bit of patience.
  • edited March 2012
    Gotham City Imposters + Harley familiar + solo XP boost
    and
    Changed my gamertag to Fhqwhgod for 800 MS Points.
  • edited March 2012
    No, not really. It just takes a bit of patience.

O.O
  • edited March 2012
    O.O
    :cool:

Phantasy Star Universe for the 360. £3, which is pretty good, considering I won't bother with the online bit.
  • edited March 2012
    have fun with getting your jak 2 ur trophies :D
  • edited March 2012
    pombear-original-flavour-potato-snacks-case-of-36-bags-6105-p.jpg
    I like to decapitate the little bastards!
  • edited March 2012
    Last minute snacks for my vacation...

Mainly Lemon Heads, love those!
  • edited March 2012
    Davies wrote: »
    pombear-original-flavour-potato-snacks-case-of-36-bags-6105-p.jpg
    I like to decapitate the little bastards!

My nan's favourite...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.