The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    wwe-wrestlemania-28-640x360.jpg

Ordered the PPV for Sunday.
  • edited March 2012
    skeeter wrote: »
    My nan's favourite...

Aye, you're never too old for teddy shaped potato snacks!
  • edited March 2012
    I just bought two pair of 2D glasses. They're glasses for 3D movies that show the right image to both eyes, for when you have no choice but to see a 3D movie but hate 3D.

I also bought a new Ducti duct tape wallet to replace my worn out six-year-old one, and I got a free shirt that says "Free Shrugs".
  • edited March 2012
    I just bought two pair of 2D glasses. They're glasses for 3D movies that show the right image to both eyes, for when you have no choice but to see a 3D movie but hate 3D.

What a novel idea. :)

Seriously.

However, I'm not sure I'd want to still pay 3D ticket prices.
  • edited March 2012
    The last items I purchased?

A red panda, a gibbon, a purple gel wallet, and a $7 cup that gets me $0.50 refills for every visit after that.
  • edited April 2012
    Chips and a coke.

Not much to do during a trip sadly.
  • edited April 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    What a novel idea. :)

Seriously.

However, I'm not sure I'd want to still pay 3D ticket prices.

I'm with you on that, plus I don't want to support 3D movies.

Unfortunately, AMC is running a screening of all six Avengers films on Thursday, May 3, with The Avengers screening at midnight, but in order to see it, you have to see Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers in 3D, so I may be needing these glasses pretty soon.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm with you on that, plus I don't want to support 3D movies.

Unfortunately, AMC is running a screening of all six Avengers films on Thursday, May 3, with The Avengers screening at midnight, but in order to see it, you have to see Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers in 3D, so I may be needing these glasses pretty soon.
    Well with Thor, it's only the bits in Asgard that are in 3D, so you won't need any glasses at all for half the film. As for the others... You may just have to suffer through it. :(
  • edited April 2012
    Well with Thor, it's only the bits in Asgard that are in 3D, so you won't need any glasses at all for half the film.

I hate it when movies do that. Superman Returns did that in the IMAX theater here and it totally broke the immersion to have to put on/take off the glasses repeatedly.
  • edited April 2012
    Eternal Sonata and Fallout: New Vegas for 360. £7.50 for the pair. Not a bad find.
  • edited April 2012
    A Hunger Games Katniss bookmark. I needed one for Catching Fire so I thought why not get a matching one.
  • edited April 2012
    Lost Planet 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction, also for the 360, for another £7.50.
  • edited April 2012
    Silent Hill HD Collection £15.25

Its on sale at tesco entertainement (savy gamer has the coupon code you need for it), for £17.99, but I get an extra 10% on top due to me working there.

Good buy I'd argue. (been wanting to play Silent Hill 3 in particular)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    "Legend of Grimrock" on gog.com (pre-order).

It's not that I liked "games like Dungeon Master" back then. It's that I loved Dungeon Master. ;)
  • edited April 2012

It's not that I liked "games like Dungeon Master" back then. It's that I loved Dungeon Master. ;)

*high five*

(They might have been around before I could even talk, but I like me some Might & Magic, and anything like that is an instabuy! (I just hope my lappy will run it!))
  • edited April 2012
    035262.jpg
    Love the product. Hate the 'Smoking Kills' label (and the picture of a bearded man with a large tumor on his neck, on the reverse of the packet).

It's my choice to smoke and I know the dangers. Just leave me be. :mad:

001631.jpg
    I'm making a spicy vegetarian spaghetti tonight.

Love the product. Hate the irritating puppet characters.
  • edited April 2012
    Got a couple of books today - Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
  • edited April 2012
    St_Eddie wrote: »
    Love the product. Hate the irritating puppet characters.

I like the Dolmio men more than the sauce, but i've a thing about pasghetti from when I ate it when I was sick as a cub. Now every time I ate it it's like a steaming pile of puke straight to my tastebuds.

Also, there's only one cairn that uses centre formatting in these parts... :cool:

Also, also. Drum blue's better than Cutters Choice but at least it isn't Golden Virginia.
  • edited April 2012
    JedExodus wrote: »
    ...Drum blue's better than Cutters Choice but at least it isn't Golden Virginia.

I find Drum to be the worst of tobaccos. It's a very harsh smoke that hurts my throat and makes me cough something chronic. Golden Virginia is like the holy grail of smokes but it's just too darn pricey... then again all tobacco is too expensive these days!
  • edited April 2012
    51zPEu5tkyL._AA300_.jpg
    I basicly bought my avatar.

And this I got this.

sailorms.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    God of War Collection, no cover, but only £9.99.

I NEED TO STOP BUYING GAMES.
  • edited April 2012

No, don't do that! You single-handedly contribute 93% of all game sales within the industry. If you stop buying games then you'll bring on another video-game market crash!
  • edited April 2012
    God of War Collection, no cover, but only £9.99.

Man I feel like that as well.

I literally have had to force myself NOT to buy Persona 2+3 of PSN (Its £40! Almost as much as the PSP itself!)

Manage to barter with myself. So I got Persona 1 instead.
    (Much cheaper at £8)

IF, if I can complete it, then I will purchase the other two.

My spending hasn't been horribly too bad. Not big purchases, just several smaller ones.
    But it still saps the wallet quite a bit. :(
  • edited April 2012
    Part of my New Years resolution was to buy far far less games. I've bought 5 games on Steam so far Mass Effect 3 CE. Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Crush 3D. Also some Nintendo eShop stuff.

Steam - £35
    Mass Effect 3 - £55
    Resident Evil - £30
    Kid Icarus - £30
    Crush 3D - £15
    eShop - £10

Total - £175

Shit. Anyone else faring any better?
  • edited April 2012
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Part of my New Years resolution was to buy far far less games. I've bought 5 games on Steam so far Mass Effect 3 CE. Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Crush 3D. Also some Nintendo eShop stuff.

Steam - £35
    Mass Effect 3 - £55
    Resident Evil - £30
    Kid Icarus - £30
    Crush 3D - £15
    eShop - £10

Total - £175

Shit. Anyone else faring any better?

I've done much be- *Realised he bought a PS3 this year and 3 games already for it* nope.
  • edited April 2012
    No, don't do that! You single-handedly contribute 93% of all game sales within the industry. If you stop buying games then you'll bring on another video-game market crash!
    I'll wait until Risen 2's out, but after that, I'm bringing this whole goddamn industry to its knees. Screw y'all, I got power and I ain't afraid to use it! Peace out, bitches! [Laughs evilly]
  • edited April 2012
    I'll wait until Risen 2's out, but after that, I'm bringing this whole goddamn industry to its knees. Screw y'all, I got power and I ain't afraid to use it! Peace out, bitches! [Laughs evilly]
    little-kid-shocked.jpg

"You evil, evil man."
  • edited April 2012
    546211_10151425551310637_503900636_23451240_1643699042_n.jpg

The greatest magazine ever created. I've been buying it since issue 1 (it's now on issue 101). A magazine dedicated to retro games and consoles, both well known and obscure. They regularly feature interviews with the actual developers too.

The magazine has also had some wonderful features on classic adventure games. The most recent being 'Grim Fandango'. Naturally they got Tim Schafer to contribute a fair bit to the multi-page article.
  • edited April 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not Ocean! Anything but Ocean!

Creators of Shaq Fu (well the Snes version at least), Waterworld, and every other terrible shovelware garbage in the 80s-90s

(Why on earth would they have been bought. Twice. Is beyond me! O_O)
  • edited April 2012
    Legend Of Grimrock Preorder (Steam Key + DRM free version)
  • edited April 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not Ocean! Anything but Ocean!

Creators of Shaq Fu, Waterworld, and every other terrible shovelware garbage in the 80s-90s.

Yeah, also such garbage as...

'Head Over Heals'
    'The Great Escape'
    'Batman'
    'Robocop'
    'Daley Thompson's Decathlon'
    'Alien Breed'
    'Cavelon'
    'Frankie Goes to Hollywood'
    'Wizball'
    'The Newzealand Story'
    'Where Time Stood Still'

... Did I say garbage?! I meant to say freakin' classics.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, also such garbage as...

'Head Over Heals'
    'The Great Escape'
    'Batman'
    'Robocop'
    'Daley Thompson's Decathlon'
    'Alien Breed'
    'Cavelon'
    'Frankie Goes to Hollywood'
    'Wizball'
    'The Newzealand Story'
    'Where Time Stood Still'

... Did I say garbage?! I meant to say freakin' classics.

Did they actually develop those games though?
    edited April 2012

*high five*

(They might have been around before I could even talk, but I like me some Might & Magic, and anything like that is an instabuy! (I just hope my lappy will run it!))
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Legend Of Grimrock Preorder (Steam Key + DRM free version)

I knew you couldn't resist. Welcome to the club. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Did they actually develop those games though?

Around 1/3rd of them but a further third were developed by individuals (one or two people) and published by Ocean. That's how things worked in the industry in the old days.

Either way, it's seems like a mute point considering that the Retro Gamer article covers the classics amongst the list and interviews the developers responsible. It's an in depth article about classic games, what's not to like?!

Besides, even if one didn't enjoy that particular article; it's only 11 pages out of 114 total.
  • edited April 2012
    Around 1/3rd of them but a further third were developed by individuals (one or two people) and published by Ocean. That's how things worked in the industry in the old days.

Either way, it's seems like a mute point considering that the Retro Gamer article covers the classics amongst the list and interviews the developers responsible. It's an in depth article about classic games, what's not to like?!

Besides, even if one didn't enjoy that particular article; it's only 11 pages out of 114 total.

Oh no. I'm not complaining about the magazine. Been tempted to buy it myself (seems to contain some nice nuggets of infomantion that could even help with my game designs)!
    (I normally settle for the retro sections of EDGE or GamesTM)

I was just making a bit of a joke about Ocean, thats all! XD
  • edited April 2012
    Oh no. I'm not complaining about the magazine. Been tempted to buy it myself (seems to contain some nice nuggets of infomantion that could even help with my game designs)!
    (I normally settle for the retro sections of EDGE or GamesTM)

I was just making a bit of a joke about Ocean, thats all! XD

Oh, sorry. I did think you were insulting the magazine a bit. My bad.

I highly recommend buying a copy (maybe not the current Ocean issue though ;)). If you like the GamesTM retro section then you'll love Retro Gamer, as they're essentially the same in approach and they are even written by the same writers quite often.
  • edited April 2012
    I knew you couldn't resist. Welcome to the club. :D

I did it for the Steam-Key.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, sorry. I did think you were insulting the magazine a bit. My bad.

I highly recommend buying a copy (maybe not the current Ocean issue though ;)). If you like the GamesTM retro section then you'll love Retro Gamer, as they're essentially the same in approach and they are even written by the same writers quite often.

The retro section's easily my favourite part of GamesTM. Also the one Ocean game I remember playing that really sticks out is a Navy Seals game for the Game Boy.

4f53517d0eba3_234304n.jpg
    edited April 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I did it for the Steam-Key.

Yeah, well, I won't hold it against you. As always. :)
  • edited April 2012
    GOD F**KING DAMMIT.

Red Dead Redemption collection on PS3. £15 for the core game, the DLC and Undead Nightmare.

STOP MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, PEOPLE.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.