The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Just Cause on 360, Wall-E on the Wii (for my aunt, who's only just getting into gaming) and the strategy guide for Saints Row: The Third (with free Money Shot DLC, hopefully).

Oh, and the Ninja Lightning Pack.

EDIT: Yep, free DLC! Woo! To celebrate, I bought some more. Costume Quest's Grubbins on Ice and Saints Row 2's Corporate Warfare and Ultor Exposed.
  • edited March 2012
    Thrustmaster battery pack for the PSP. £20

Once the memory adapter gets here, and this, my PSP will be the PERFECT portable media playback device.

Sure its bulky, but it won't matter for movies and music. The bulk is good for movies, since I can use the battery pack to stand it up, and for the music, I can just slip it into my bag and lead the headphones out.

Don't need anymore games now.
    I think I'm good with all these games I got. (The rest came in the post today! :D)

Patapon
    Patapon 2
    Daxter
    Ys The Ark of Napishtim
    Killzone Liberation
    Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Tekken - Dark Resurrection
    Kingdom Hearts - Birth by sleep
    Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim
    Jack and Daxter - The Lost Frontier
    God of War - Chains of Olympus
    Ultimate Ghosts 'n Ghouls
    Parappa the Rapper
    Gitaroo Man Lives
    Megaman Maverik Hunter X
    Final Fantasy I & II
    (And several PS1 games)
  • edited March 2012
    Tomb Raider: Cleavageworld.
  • edited March 2012
    The King's Quest Collection. Probably won't even play 'em, but at that price..? Psch.
  • edited March 2012
    The King's Quest Collection. Probably won't even play 'em, but at that price..? Psch.

You must at least try them. Play King's Quest 5, make a review of it and lose a fan in the process.
  • edited March 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    You must at least try them. Play King's Quest 5, make a review of it and lose a fan in the process.
    Lose a fan? But I have so few as is! :(
  • edited March 2012
    ...The King's Quest Collection... Probably won't even play 'em...

HEATHEN! :p
  • edited March 2012
    Angry Birds: Space.

Actually seems to be less luck-based than the others, but it CRASHES ALL THE TIME.
  • edited March 2012
    I like it a ton better then I thought I would....
    KidIcarusUSBoxArt.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    dwayne.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    skeeter wrote: »
    dwayne.jpg

Duane Dibbley, I don't want to be bobbie-head Duane Dibbley!
    202329.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    Mythbusters shirt!
  • edited March 2012
    Mythbusters shirt!

Was the show already?
  • edited March 2012
    Davies wrote: »
    Duane Dibbley, I don't want to be bobbie-head Duane Dibbley!
    202329.jpg

I have been saying that non stop... Also, please share your frazzles.
  • edited March 2012
    B0018QCXH8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Blu-Ray version. An instant classic. Seriously, I love this film.
    ...please share your frazzles.

A solitary Frazzle is now in the post, along with my last Rolo.
  • edited March 2012
    Hoverboard_fullsizeimage01.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    B0018QCXH8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Blu-Ray version. An instant classic. Seriously, I love this film.

I. Drink. Your. MILKSHAKE! I DRINK IT UP!
  • edited March 2012
    I. Drink. Your. MILKSHAKE! I DRINK IT UP!
  • edited March 2012
    More games. Seriously, I need help.

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, because I am a Sony fanboy) - £7.98
    Little King Story - £4
    Metroid: Other M - £4

Game's might go bankrupt, but I'll probably beat them to it at this rate.
  • edited March 2012
    Final Fantasy XIII - £7.98

I regret to inform you that you have been overcharged to the tune of £7.97.
  • edited March 2012
    Eh, different strokes for different folks.
  • edited March 2012

He was overcharged £200.00 (per 8-hour-working-day of course). That's what they had to pay me to play this game.
  • edited March 2012
    Eh, different strokes for different folks.

Indeed but that statement leads me to believe that you've yet to play it. Personally I adore Final Fantasy VII, I also thoroughly enjoyed VIII and IX. X was alright too. However, in my opinion XIII is absolute garbage.

The games drops all of the features which made the previous games compelling; there's no world map, it's egregiously linear, there's no proper shops or exploitation, little to no interaction with the environment, unlikable characters, combat which requires virtually no skill (you can play through the battles on "autopilot") and the setting and story is so convoluted that the game requires you to read through endless "optional" texts if you desire to understand what the frak is going on!

The only positive is that the graphics are technically superb but even then, they're hideous and lurid from a stylistic perspective.

Final Fantasy XIII is the second only game that I've returned to the shop in my life!
  • edited March 2012
    Hey, that doesn't sound that bad to me. I knew full well what I was getting into when I bought this. Also, I'm a Final Fantasy fan, the game was under a tenner (my general cut-off point) and it's got a supposed better sequel that I'll want probably want as well, so picking this one up made sense.

It might be good, it might be bad, but either way, it wasn't much and I don't regret buying it. Mostly because it had a black box, like Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'm a sucker for black things :p
  • edited March 2012
    Hey, that doesn't sound that bad to me. I knew full well what I was getting into when I bought this. Also, I'm a Final Fantasy fan, the game was under a tenner (my general cut-off point) and it's got a supposed better sequel that I'll want probably want as well, so picking this one up made sense.

It might be good, it might be bad, but either way, it wasn't much and I don't regret buying it. Mostly because it had a black box, like Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'm a sucker for black things :p

If it sucks. You could then at least review it! XD
  • edited March 2012
    Ah, but I'd have to play it first.

...and I can't play it until I played the ones that came before because of my Gaming OCD.

...and that would take me years.

...:(
  • edited March 2012
    If it sucks. You could then at least review it! XD

There is a 666 parts long review series on Spoony's site. No need to review it. Spoony said it all.
  • edited March 2012
    MakingSensePoster.jpg

whatisnothingposter.jpg

grasses_poster.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    Indeed but that statement leads me to believe that you've yet to play it. Personally I adore Final Fantasy VII, I also thoroughly enjoyed VIII and IX. X was alright too. However, in my opinion XIII is absolute garbage.

The games drops all of the features which made the previous games compelling; there's no world map, it's egregiously linear, there's no proper shops or exploitation, little to no interaction with the environment, unlikable characters, combat which requires virtually no skill (you can play through the battles on "autopilot") and the setting and story is so convoluted that the game requires you to read through endless "optional" texts if you desire to understand what the frak is going on!

The only positive is that the graphics are technically superb but even then, they're hideous and lurid from a stylistic perspective.

Final Fantasy XIII is the second only game that I've returned to the shop in my life!
    It might interest you to know that not everyone shares your taste in games! I know, a baffling concept.

The world map has been gone since Final Fantasy X, not a massive loss if you ask me. You couldn't explore that far anyway due to enemys being too high level or alternatively you'd just get messages saying "That's the wrong way!!".

It's as linear as hell, in the same vein as X. That could be seen as a negative. I personally don't care either way, being open often takes away from the story. As an example, XII had terrible pacing thanks to how open it was. Not to mention, the story is about them being fugitives, they'd be idiots if they risked dilly dallying about.

Characters is down to taste. The only character I really didn't like was Vanille. The others were tolerable or decent.

Combat not being difficult? You didn't play it very far.

I didn't read the datalog and I still understood the story up until the abysmal ending.

Conclusion? It's not for everyone. However, don't let people put you off from trying it, because you may still like it. While it isn't anything exceptional, I enjoyed it for what it was.
  • edited March 2012
    TeenTrialPoster_0.jpg

Last short il buy tonight I swear. :p
  • edited March 2012
    A solitary Frazzle is now in the post, along with my last Rolo

Why thankee... In return I shall let you bobble Duane Dibbley's head...
  • edited March 2012
    Why thankee... In return I shall let you bobble Duane Dibbley's head...

Um, thank you?! :p
  • edited March 2012
    What a load of drama. Luckily I purchased something free of drama. Kid Icarus: Uprising.
  • edited March 2012
    courtesyeggsampleposter.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    What a load of drama. Luckily I purchased something free of drama. Kid Icarus: Uprising.

The Fawful is back! YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!
  • edited March 2012
    The Fawful is back! YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

Honestly, by now it's kind of old hat. I'm not leaving unless I'm permabanned, though. Oh, and I also bought my guuuurlfriend a green poodle purse, guuuurlfriend.
  • edited March 2012
    Honestly, by now it's kind of old hat. I'm not leaving unless I'm permabanned, though. Oh, and I also bought my guuuurlfriend a green poodle purse, guuuurlfriend.

You go, guuuurlfriend!
  • edited March 2012
    You go, guuuurlfriend!

Some type of guuuurlfriend you are. Just when I get back you tell me to go.

Fine, I'll go wash my Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess T-shirt that I bought, guuuuurlfriend.
  • edited March 2012
    Some type of guuuurlfriend you are. Just when I get back you tell me to go.

Fine, I'll go wash my Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess T-shirt that I bought, guuuuurlfriend.

Noooo! "Go" as in "you're awesome"!
  • edited March 2012
    Noooo! "Go" as in "you're awesome"!

I'm just teasing, guuurlfriend. I already washed the shirt.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.