The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    Zelda concert in Philladelphia.

Hey, I was at that concert! It was fantastic.
  • edited July 2012
    Ah - a Sly 4 demo AND a Ratchet and Clank avatar, you lucky people. :p

For some people. I wasn't the biggest Sly fan, so I just want to play the game. I've spent too much recently to go and import a game that IS coming out here eventually. Sigh. One month to go.

I loved the soundtrack to the first game by the way.
  • edited July 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    I loved the soundtrack to the first game by the way.
    Eh, I prefer the more techno feel to the later games. They're all good though.

EDIT: May's Mysteries for the DS and some Pink car mats. Both for my mother's birthday next month.
  • edited July 2012
    Eh, I prefer the more techno feel to the later games. They're all good though.

Well, they all had a techno feel, that was the beauty of them, a techno/traditional mix. My favourite pieces are the reoccurring pirates themes from ToD and QfB(I don't care if they were heavily inspired by the Disney themes, they were way better), but Clank In Space from the original gets an honorable mention.
  • edited July 2012
    81NUfPKtzUL._AA600_.jpg

Bought the Grindhouse version of these movies that has a better version of Death Proof and a "uncensored" version of Planet Terror.
  • edited July 2012
    Jak and Daxter collection £20

Shhhhh... Don't tell anyone... :3
  • edited July 2012
    HDC_Cover.jpg
    A penny over £17. Nice.

(And if anyone's wondering why Gladiator/Deadlocked isn't on there - it'll be a separate digital release)

I can't belive it!!!!! First Jak & Daxter trilogy and now the Ratchet & Clank trilogy! you keep buying the trilogys i already have!!!!!!! what's next Sly!?!?!!?!?
  • edited July 2012
    I've had that for ages, ryan. Do keep up. You're not the only one who enjoys classic PS2 games, you know.
  • edited July 2012
    I've had that for ages, ryan. Do keep up. You're not the only one who enjoys classic PS2 games, you know.

Tempted to purchase R&C trilogy on store as it is £24. Not much more expensive, and still pretty good value.

Never played R&C, so I'm wondering if its really worthwhile.
  • edited July 2012
    I wana buy Hunger Games on blu ray but it's not out! :(
  • edited July 2012

HAHA jokes on you i had it pre-ordered :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2012
    Tempted to purchase R&C trilogy on store as it is £24. Not much more expensive, and still pretty good value.

If you're going to start, either start at the beginning or Tools of Destruction, you don't miss anything really in either. I have to say ToD is still one of my favourite games of all time, but I'm in the minority there so take that for what it's worth.
  • edited July 2012

The first game's not as refined and the second game's got a terrible plot, but they're still good games.

Would agree to go with the newer ones though, they're probably a better 'jumping in' point. The trilogy is really only for people who don't mind the basic nature of the games or who want to play the third one online.
    HAHA jokes on you i had it pre-ordered :rolleyes:
    stuff.png
  • edited July 2012
    Know where you shouldn't start?

I was late to the PS2 party and the first Ratchet game I played was Deadlocked(I wasn't THAT late to the party, but UYA just came out). Yeah. The arcade game... without Clank... with other robots... with nothing really of a story... and a whole bunch of reoccurring characters I didn't know and was expected to. At the time, honestly, it was probably one of the most confusing triple A titles I played.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, that's very much a pure combat game. Not a great place to start, but then the plot's mostly irrelevant with that one. It's just combat all the time. Samey, boring combat. Over. And over. And OVER. Ugh.
  • edited July 2012
    The first game's not as refined and the second game's got a terrible plot, but they're still good games.

Would agree to go with the newer ones though, they're probably a better 'jumping in' point. The trilogy is really only for people who don't mind the basic nature of the games or who want to play the third one online.

stuff.png

Not cool dute poor Sly looks horrible!

Anyway i played and own all Ratchet & Clank games with 2 or 3 being my favorite but i think Jak & Daxter is better. Sly's good too with Sly 2 being one of my favorite games. Ratchet Gladiator is a good game too with the gameplay and comedy. But i would say Ratchet and Clank 3 is my favorite with great comedy
    (Like some of the stuff Krunk says)
    and the places you get to play in are great too
    I loved holostar studios because of the secret agent clank level
  • edited July 2012
    Not cool dute poor Sly looks horrible!

Anyway i played and own all Ratchet & Clank games with 2 or 3 being my favorite but i think Jak & Daxter is better. Sly's good too with Sly 2 being one of my favorite games. Ratchet Gladiator is a good game too with the gameplay and comedy. But i would say Ratchet and Clank 3 is my favorite with great comedy
    (Like some of the stuff Krunk says)
    and the places you get to play in are great too
    I loved holostar studios because of the secret agent clank level
    It's not my picture - Google supplied it. Also, how the hell do you misspell 'dude'?

I really enjoyed the first Jak & Daxter, though not so much with the sequels. I like Mario-style games, and it was disappointing to see a great series go the GTA route. That's not to say J&D2 or 3 are bad of course, just that I'm not as fond of them as the first one.

Then again, the inverse is true of the Ratchet & Clank series. I really don't like the first one, but that's mostly down to the controls which suck compared to the rest of the series. But hey ho. Gladiator (or Deadlocked as we Brits call it) isn't a bad game, but it's very repetitive and there's not much actual humour. It's just combat, over and over again with the plot being in between the missions rather than the other way round like it used to be. Sigh.

I won't mention Sly Cooper because I haven't got round to playing them yet. I did get to the second 'world' in the first game, but that was years ago, so... yeah.

Steering this back onto topic, I last bought: a bottle of Coca-Cola and a bottle of Cherry Coke.
  • edited July 2012
    It's not my picture - Google supplied it. Also, how the hell do you misspell 'dude'?

I really enjoyed the first Jak & Daxter, though not so much with the sequels. I like Mario-style games, and it was disappointing to see a great series go the GTA route. That's not to say J&D2 or 3 are bad of course, just that I'm not as fond of them as the first one.

Then again, the inverse is true of the Ratchet & Clank series. I really don't like the first one, but that's mostly down to the controls which suck compared to the rest of the series. But hey ho. Gladiator (or Deadlocked as we Brits call it) isn't a bad game, but it's very repetitive and there's not much actual humour. It's just combat, over and over again with the plot being in between the missions rather than the other way round like it used to be. Sigh.

I won't mention Sly Cooper because I haven't got round to playing them yet. I did get to the second 'world' in the first game, but that was years ago, so... yeah.

Steering this back onto topic, I last bought: a bottle of Coca-Cola and a bottle of Cherry Coke.

I think you got that mixed up. Gladiator is the Uk name (i know this because i live in the uk :cool:) and deadlocked is the north american name i think
  • edited July 2012
    I think you got that mixed up. Gladiator is the Uk name (i know this because i live in the uk :cool:) and deadlocked is the north american name i think
    Yeah, my bad there.
  • edited July 2012
    An episode of the Walking Dead game on my iPad.
  • edited July 2012
    My Head is an Animal- Of Monsters and Men

Brilliant Album. Go listen to it. NOW.
  • edited July 2012
    91FSoxvwTcL._AA700_.jpg
  • edited July 2012
    What I wanted to buy: A few more Magic boosters and some odd commons.

What I actually got: 2 £2.50 comics, and they threw in a common for me. (I could only find one copy of that common sadly... :()

So I got Deadpool #56 Reborn and a Marvel age Fantastic Four with the Impossible man on the cover. (#11)
    (I love The impossible man! :D)
  • edited July 2012
    Sin and Punishment 2 (Best Buy had it 90% off) and Another Code R (decidedly more than that as I had to ship it from overseas.)
  • edited July 2012
    More magic cards from ebay.

About £10

Just a few suggested ones from other players.
    Should be enough to refine the deck for Sunday at least! :D

(Its expensive, but since I can't get any boosters, this is my only option at the moment. I don't really mind all that much though, since the money I was going to use today for boosters goes towards these specific cards, and trust me. They ARE going to come in handy! >: D)
  • edited July 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    91FSoxvwTcL._AA700_.jpg
    Nice. Is there a vinyl version of that boxset?

I saw these guys the other night and bought their album.
    ondatropica-packshot_web.jpg
  • edited July 2012
    Nice. Is there a vinyl version of that boxset?

It seems there isn't.
    There was one similar in 1981 that included the first 7 albums but no B-sides and not Avalon.
  • edited August 2012
    GTA Liberty City Stories
    GTA Vice City Stories
    Half Minute Hero (PSP)
    Harvest Moon (PSP)
    The Warriors (PSP)

About £20
    I wants all the good PSP games! MORE! MORE! MOOOOORRE!!! XD
    (*eyes up Nippon Ichi*)

EDIT: Aaah screw it! Add The Warriors to the pot as well! XD
    (Now it really is only NIS and Ys games left! HAHA!)
  • edited August 2012
    nuvi30_1_med.jpg

3DS-XL-Box.jpg

Cherry.jpg
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2012
    JedExodus wrote: »
    nuvi30_1_med.jpg

Oh, hello Sydney.
  • edited August 2012
    I like that all the way across the world the streets still have the same names as in Belfast.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2012
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I like that all the way across the world the streets still have the same names as in Belfast.

Yep, I did have to look closer at the layout to make sure it really was Sydney and not just some place we nicked a bunch of names from. It's not labelled on the map, but that green bit is "Hyde Park". :p
  • edited August 2012
    dvd-greatest-show.jpg
  • edited August 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yep, I did have to look closer at the layout to make sure it really was Sydney and not just some place we nicked a bunch of names from. It's not labelled on the map, but that green bit is "Hyde Park". :p

Hah! But when you guys come up with your own place names they're usually something weird and wonderful like "Woolloongabba" :)
  • edited August 2012
    MarcEckosGettingUpLtd.edXb.jpg

£1. Well worth it, great game. Soundtrack's awesome as well - that's pretty much what I bought it for.
  • edited August 2012
    MarcEckosGettingUpLtd.edXb.jpg

£1. Well worth it, great game. Soundtrack's awesome as well - that's pretty much what I bought it for.

Never seen the soundtrack edition.
    Especially for that price!

Nice find.

(I shouldn't get any more xbox games. I have like 70 of them! XD)
  • edited August 2012
    WELP.

I HOPE MY SISTER'S HAPPY.

wSemX.jpg

TIME TO GO BEAT UP A FEMALE BIKER GANG WITH A BASEBALL BAT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MUD PIT.

ALSO I APPARENTLY DONT KNOW HOW MUCH 80 DOLLARS IS
  • edited August 2012
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    TIME TO GO BEAT UP A FEMALE BIKER GANG WITH A BASEBALL BAT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MUD PIT.

You will be posting video of that, right?
  • edited August 2012
    yes
  • edited August 2012
    EDIT: Whoopsie! Wrong thread.

Eh. I guess I will add that I bought that last Gog game that was on sale. Time something.

I spent about £35 yesterday taking my little brother out for the day.
    Jeez! That guy is expensive! XD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.