Other Characters?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    geek turn in 16 you know ;(
  • edited October 2010
    Wow pepsiboy seriously, You would think by now you would get it but no. The first time you asked a request by creating a thread when there already was one for people to do this, we said no due to copyright, the second time you do the same thing and once again we all said no due to copyright(and no one wants to see rabbids) and once again, no due to copyright. Please either put your ideas into the one thread, or quit.
  • edited October 2010
    Are you allowed to report posts for stupidity?
  • edited October 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    Are you allowed to report posts for stupidity?

I wish read the title, the geek from (sam and max Animated Series) gets in 3D

its either the geek from sam and max

or the geek(from sam and max)
  • edited October 2010
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    P.S THIS IS NOT A RICKROLL

PPP.SS make your own geek 3d image and send it to the forum please?

Lets see here.
    no need to say about the rick roll its pretty obvious it wasnt, it was a lot worse.

PPP.SS wow that is just bad spelling.
  • edited October 2010
    I think Francis from L4D would fit right in. He looks like he's played a fe3w hands of poker in his time, probably in some sleazy, dimly-lit bar.

I'd also like Nelson Tethers. I can picture glancing wide-eyed at his hand and doing little asides into his dictaphone throughout the game.

If we can have Tycho, then we can also have T-Rex from Dinosaur Comics, although I suspect that although his cards would change he'd probably play exactly the same way in every single match.

And I would seriously love to see Ben and Dan from "Ben There, Dan That", although I think their humour might be a little adult for Telltale's tastes. It's a shame, because I think I might just die of nerdgasm if it happened.
  • edited October 2010
    Like Penny Arcade's humor isn't adult?
  • edited October 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    Like Penny Arcade's humor isn't adult?

Good point. Make it happen, Telltale!
  • edited October 2010
    Porker night at the invetory
    Aha
  • edited October 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Porker night at the invetory
    Aha

Your next if you start doing it.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm thinking Videlectrix is involved in some capacity, they're the fictional videogame branch of homestar runner and were among the developer logos for SBCG4AP.
  • edited October 2010
    Back on topic

Dr. Hax form The Gmod idiot box "HHHAAAAAAXXXX!!!!"
    John Freeman
  • edited October 2010
    .... both of those guys are fan characters.

Don't get me wrong, Valve is quite supportive of community work, but it's very unlikely either would be included because they aren't official Valve property.
  • edited October 2010
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    .... both of those guys are fan characters.

Don't get me wrong, Valve is quite supportive of community work, but it's very unlikely either would be included because they aren't official Valve property.

Really, I don't think there'd be any Valve characters besides Heavy (be they from TF2 or any other games) simply because, as far as we know, Valve gave Telltale permission to use Heavy's character model and nobody else's.

But then again, I'd say it's pretty concrete there are no characters in this game besides Max, Strong Bad, Heavy, Tycho, and a fifth mysterious contestant known only as "The Player", so no real harm in speculating for fun. :p

Does Gordon Freeman even have a character model, by the way?
  • edited October 2010
    Really, I don't think there'd be any Valve characters besides Heavy (be they from TF2 or any other games) simply because, as far as we know, Valve gave Telltale permission to use Heavy's character model and nobody else's.

But then again, I'd say it's pretty concrete there are no characters in this game besides Max, Strong Bad, Heavy, Tycho, and a fifth mysterious contestant known only as "The Player", so no real harm in speculating for fun. :p

i have a good feeling that they'll use a few of the tf2 characters in a cutaway/flashback/easter egg, as well as homestar and sam and max characters and (i doubt it though) maybe gabe or charles or someone.
  • edited October 2010

Yes, I think you can see a partial reflection of him on water/etc when your graphics setting is set to max. cant remember for sure though, it's been a while since I played HL2...
  • edited October 2010
    I just thought the idea of throwing a computer monitor at people hiding cards up thier sleves was hilarrious.
  • edited October 2010
    heres the new one

Valve:
    lois (L4D)
    nick (L4D)
    ENTIRE BLU TEAM AND ENTIRE RED TEAM (TF2)
    annacor (TF2)
    Saxton hale (TF2 comics)
    test chambers (P2)

TELLTALE GAMES:
    Fone Bone (BONE)
    Phoncible P (BONE)
    Smiley Bone (BONE)
    homestar runner his friends and others (SCG4AP)
    wallace (W&G)
    gromit (W&G)
    raptor (JP)
    sam (S&M)

hothead games:
    tycho (PAA)
    gabe (PAA)
    Swarmites (SWARM)
    deathspank man (DS)
    Bob the Fisherman (DS)

others:
    geek (S&MAS)
    ware rabbit (W&GM)
    rabbits (W&GM)
    mickey mouse (EPIC MICKEY)

thats all
  • edited October 2010
    heres the new one

valve:
    Lois (l4d)
    nick (l4d)
    entire blu team and entire red team (tf2)
    annacor (tf2)
    saxton hale (tf2 comics)
    test chambers (p2)

telltale games:
    Fone bone (bone)
    phoncible p (bone)
    smiley bone (bone)
    homestar runner his friends and others (scg4ap)
    wallace (w&g)
    gromit (w&g)
    raptor (jp)
    sam (s&m)

hothead games:
    Tycho (paa)
    gabe (paa)
    swarmites (swarm)
    deathspank man (ds)
    bob the fisherman (ds)

others:
    Geek (s&mas)
    ware rabbit (w&gm)
    rabbits (w&gm)
    mickey mouse (epic mickey)

thats all

stop posting already!
  • edited October 2010
    i should have warned ringmasterJ5
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i should have warned ringmasterJ5

I was going to tell you, but you were offline.
  • edited October 2010
    This thread is turning to be like some anti-piracy group attacking every idea what is not "legal to implement right now".

Even I would like to see many characters what are against current copyright of the game but know that will not be added.

These includes some characters of Final Fantasy series and more, but unfortunately they would not fit to this game as characters.

These indirect insults towards pepsiboy just makes him look more mature than some others on this thread.
  • edited October 2010
    Am I the only person who would want Twisp? Because I would love that!

"Twisp, raise or fold?"

"Abdication!"

EDIT: Ooh, just checked. I'm not. Awesome. :D
  • edited October 2010
    yay twisp!

And Clord, its not only that he is offering ideas that wouldn't happen, his grammar is so annoying, and he repeatedly says his ideas over and over again. About half of his total posts involve sonic. Its annoying and people here are trying to be realistic!
  • edited October 2010
    I just got an idea. Maximus, 1930s Strong Bad, 1850s Heavy, and Tycho in this strip.

Old-Timey Night at the Inventory!
  • edited November 2010
    I just got an idea. Maximus, 1930s Strong Bad, 1850s Heavy, and Tycho in this strip.

Old-Timey Night at the Inventory!

I'd prefer this Tycho myself, especially with his Omnibus. He could play cards, read, and kill things at the same time!
  • edited November 2010
    heres the new one

Valve:
    lois (L4D)
    nick (L4D)
    annacor (TF2)
    Saxton hale (TF2 comics)
    test chambers (P2)

TELLTALE GAMES:
    Fone Bone (BONE)
    Phoncible P (BONE)
    Smiley Bone (BONE)
    homestar runner his friends and others (SCG4AP)
    wallace (W&G)
    gromit (W&G)
    raptor (JP)
    sam (S&M)

hothead games:
    tycho (PAA)
    gabe (PAA)
    Swarmites (SWARM)
    deathspank man (DS)
    Bob the Fisherman (DS)

others:
    geek (S&MAS)
    ware rabbit (W&GM)
    rabbits (W&GM)
    mickey mouse (EPIC MICKEY)

thats all

Copyright. Freakin Copyright. Telltale can only use heavy and tycho and that is it. Plus telltale does not nore has ever had rights to the geek, ware rabbit, and the rabbits, and never even has a chance at MICKEY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Copyright. Freakin Copyright. Telltale can only use heavy and tycho and that is it. Plus telltale does not nore has ever had rights to the geek, ware rabbit, and the rabbits, and never even has a chance at MICKEY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

We've been trying to tell that to Pepsi for a while now, but either he doesn't listen or he's a very persistent troll. If he isn't, then his ignorance of intellectual property extends even to other poster's ideas. Seriously, he's been taking credit for other people's ideas in other threads.
  • edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    I'd prefer this Tycho myself, especially with his Omnibus. He could play cards, read, and kill things at the same time!

D'oh! How did I forget about Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness?

Yeah, that Old-Timey Tycho instead.
  • edited November 2010
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    We've been trying to tell that to Pepsi for a while now, but either he doesn't listen or he's a very persistent troll. If he isn't, then his ignorance of intellectual property extends even to other poster's ideas. Seriously, he's been taking credit for other people's ideas in other threads.

just ignore him or correct him and he'll go away. he hasn't responded in a while.

now who else do i want at the inventory?

jurgen
    ocean chimps
    mr. featherly
    bubs
    coach z
    pom pom
    sniper
    soldier
    spy
    charles
    div
    deep crow(?)

thats all those "characters u only sort of remember" i can think of.
  • edited November 2010
    Hmm... I was thinking:

When Max will be out of chips and his item too, there come Sam, he will sit on chair and say: ˝Its time little buddy˝.Than Sam will put on table max and his weapon. lol
  • edited November 2010
    Updating my original ideas:

(Penny Arcade) Gabe- Carboard Tube Samuri Tube (For Demoman)
    (Homestar Runner) Homestar Runner- His hat (For Scout)
    (Sam and Max) Sam- One of those frozen treat he has (For Heavy)
    (Team Fortress 2) Spy- Fancy New Revolver (guess)
  • edited November 2010
    Updating my original ideas:

(Penny Arcade) Gabe- Carboard Tube Samuri Tube (For Demoman)
    (Homestar Runner) Homestar Runner- His hat (For Scout)
    (Sam and Max) Sam- One of those frozen treat he has (For Heavy)
    (Team Fortress 2) Spy- Fancy New Revolver (guess)

no offense... but isn't that enough of TF2 items what are already announced ?
  • edited November 2010
    Uh, the idea was if those characters were in it what items would the bet and how would they fit into TF2. Hopfully you've got the point now.
  • edited November 2010
    I kinda want to see Strong Bad bet the Nunchuck gun. It should be some sort of weapon for the Spy.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    I'm pretty content with the current cast of characters. I don't think they should add more to this game specifically. Maybe if TellTale ends up deciding to continue this pilot project we might see some more games with different characters, but for now we should all be glad we have these 4 together!
  • edited November 2010
    Id buy it if Wallace was in it and I cant even play poker:P
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    copyright. Freakin copyright. Telltale can only use heavy and tycho and that is it. Plus telltale does not nore has ever had rights to the geek, ware rabbit, and the rabbits, and never even has a chance at mickey for crying out loud!

fine i could try a new v.3.0
  • edited November 2010
    heres the new one THIS TIME!

Valve:
    lois (L4D)
    nick (L4D)
    annacor (TF2)
    Saxton hale (TF2 comics)
    test chambers (PORTAL 2)

TELLTALE:
    Fone Bone (BONE)
    Phoncible P (BONE)
    Smiley Bone (BONE)
    homestar runner, his friends and others (SCG4AP)
    wallace (W&G)
    gromit (W&G)
    raptor (JP)
    sam (S&M)

hothead:
    tycho (PAA)
    gabe (PAA)
    Swarmites (SWARM)
    deathspank man (DS)
    Bob the Fisherman (DS)

others:
    geek (S&MAS)
    ware rabbit (W&GM)
    rabbits (W&GM)
    loyd *the freinds for lie* (S&MAS)
    thats alll

FIXED IT

if you don't like it well...uh...i will chains it....for no good reasing :confused:
  • edited November 2010
    FIXED IT

if you don't like it well...uh...i will chains it....for no good reasing :confused:

There's really only one problem I have with this, and that's the fact that Hothead doesn't own Penny Arcade. They've worked in association with them for "On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness," and Mike/Gabe's helped out with "DeathSpank". But Telltale would have to go through a bunch more crap to get the characters from Hothead.

Don't get me wrong, kid, you're free to dream, and if Poker Night's a success, then they might have the cash and the following to try and get more characters from the outside.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.