Wallace and Gromit (W&G)
    No dinosaurs.
    Sam (S&M)

Penny Arcade:
    Gabe
    Div
    Twisp
    Catsby

I don't have any others that aren't copyright-protected.

That's all.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's the new one:

Valve:
    Lois (L4D)
    Nick(L4D)
    No full teams.
    No unseen characters.
    Saxton Hale (TF2 comics)
    No levels.

TELLTALE GAMES:
    The Bone cousins (Bone)
    Homestar Runner (SCG4AP)
    Wallace and Gromit (W&G)
    No dinosaurs.
    Sam (S&M)

Penny Arcade:
    Gabe
    Div
    Twisp
    Catsby

I don't have any others that aren't copyright-protected.

That's all.

What?!

Sir, I'll have you know a velociraptor was the scourge of the poker playing world before that comet hit! For shame, saying he can't play!
  • edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    What?!

Sir, I'll have you know a velociraptor was the scourge of the poker player world before that comet hit! For shame, saying he can't play!

I am not saying it wouldn't be awesome, but I can't see a raptor playing poker with the other characters listed.
  • edited November 2010
    Updating my original ideas:

(Sam and Max) Sam- One of those frozen treat he has (For Heavy)

This. Also, a bottle of Banang for the Scout! It probably won't happen, but it would sound awesome! :D
  • edited November 2010
    I am not saying it wouldn't be awesome, but I can't see a raptor playing poker with the other characters listed.

tycho: Call or fold?
    *raptor leaps at some random guy*
    tycho: I'll take that as a fold.
  • edited November 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    tycho: Call or fold?
    *raptor leaps at some random guy*
    tycho: I'll take that as a fold.

I THOUGHT TYCHO IS RAPTOR
    heavy.png
  • edited November 2010
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    I THOUGHT TYCHO IS RAPTOR
    heavy.png

2 things.

1. No he isn't, it was a non-canon gag. It has no relation to the actual tycho, it was a joke.
    2. Why did you feel the need to post that gigantic picture of heavy in the same, unrelated post?
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah thats right pepsi. Go ahead and don't respond to your stupidity.
  • edited November 2010
    You expected a response in six minutes?
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    You expected a response in six minutes?

well no, its just he responds in short answers and he left the site.
  • edited November 2010
    Please get back to the topic in hand people.

For instance what item do you think diffrent character would bet?
  • edited November 2010

For instance what item do you think diffrent character would bet?

Well we already know that but if it was my choice:

Heavy: Sasha
    Max: Luger (well who doesn't want that luger)
    Strong bad: Either the Nunchuckgun, his Dangeresque glasses, or the cheat
    Tycho: Fruit fucker or maybe div
  • edited November 2010

For instance, what item do you think different characters would bet?

Homestar: Souvenir Melonade Cup

Sam: His giant Revolver

Medic: Fancy new Medigun

Gabe: Div
  • edited November 2010
    Ian Malcom would be awesome playing poker.

Malcom: You see... The cards... Uhhh... The cards... Chaos theory, you know... Your cards, have been uuhh, selected, for extinction, because I uuh... I win, yup. That's basically right. Yeah.

Grant: (out of nowhere) IAN, FREEZE!

Sorry, I'm terrible at this :p
  • edited November 2010
    oh wow i failed i misread!
  • edited November 2010
    Homestar: Souvenir Melonade Cup

Or a Melonade can! Just imagine how plain awesome it would be to win one of those:
    62px-Athletic_Berry_Blast.png
    61px-Butt_One_Flavor.png
    82px-Melonade_Throat_Closers.png
    61px-Quadruple_Triple.png

62px-Taco_Annihilation.png
  • edited November 2010
    It would crack me up if scout drank the Butt 1 flavour one and commented
    "Blech! Tastes like dead Spy."
  • edited November 2010
    Some other ideas:
    - Obi-Wan (young or old)
    - LeChuck
    - Link
    - The Prince (from the originals PoP games from the 90's)
    - Tony Montana
    - Batman/The Joker
    - Indiana Jones
    - Roger Rabbit
    - Marty McFly/Doc Brown

In future installments I really hope we get to see the Inventory more crowded, it's an awesome place.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd prefer Francis over Louis. Though not to say I wouldn't want both. However if I had to pick one it'd be Francis, he has much more pronounced personality traits and is more vocal about his beliefs than any other L4D character. Plus seeing him argue with the well read and overly wordy Tycho would be hilarious.

My dream list:

Francis (L4D) - Would bet his Vest
    Ellis (L4D2) - Would bet his hat
    Homestar - Would bet the bowl he wears in the homestarmy 200px-Fallen_Ben.PNG
    Gabe - Would bet his cardboard tube
    Blu Scout(would have to be blu team just to rile up the red team heavy.) - Would bet his TFC style hat / sunglasses combo OR a shotgun styled after the TFC single shotgun
    Div (Penny Arcade) - No idea what he'd bet
    Guybrush Threepwood - Would bet the Pyrite Parrot!
    Demoman - Would bet a fancy monocle
    Doc Brown - Would bet those classic silver shades of his.
    Sam - Would bet his hat and revolver
    Rasputin (Psychonauts) - Would bet his aviator hat/goggles
    Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend) - Would bet his Axe
  • edited November 2010
    "Ask a ninja" ninja would be hilarious in poker, especially if Guybrush/something piratey were also at the table. But he's not computer/cartoon graphics. Oh well. :p

Bender from Futurama is the one dream character I would choose above all others if I could choose literally any one comic/cartoon/videogame character.
    But Sam and Gabe seem like almost certain choices if new characters are added.

What would happen if Minsc and Boo from Baldur's gate were at the table? Would he (so he claims) be getting advice from Boo or just go bust on round one and go for the eyes? :p

I suspect that the Tick is too stupid to play poker, but it sure would be funny while it lasted.
    Invader Zimm might be fun.

And Glados. Yes. Not sure why "she" would be playing a poker game, but I'm sure there's some great dialogue in there somewhere. We already know Valve is apparently willing to work with Telltale with the Heavy. I'd like to see Alex from HL in the game (or, well, just see Alex, period,) but she might be too "realistic" to function with these jokers.
  • edited November 2010
    Danest wrote: »
    "Ask a ninja" ninja would be hilarious in poker, especially if Guybrush/something piratey were also at the table. But he's not computer/cartoon graphics. Oh well. :p

He WAS animated by Doogtoons a few times, so there IS a cartoon version they could use!
  • edited November 2010
    would be cool to have Duke Nukem in it.
  • edited November 2010
    robotman5 wrote: »
    would be cool to have Duke Nukem in it.

No way! I don't want to wait another 15 years. :D

On a side note, someone mentioned Bender from Futurama. And I must agree. :)
  • edited November 2010
    Really, Ask a Ninja has been animated? Excellent.
    Seriously he's already got a voice and crazy character. I can just imagine all the ridiculous ninja-orientated dialogue he'd come up with, and I assume it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get him licensed to be in the game, unlike say, Bender and Lara Croft.
  • edited December 2010
    I think a similar dynamic to the current one can be created by making the following substitutions: -

Max - Morgan
    Strong Bad - King of Town
    Heavy - Spy
    Tycho - Gabe

And ofc the convos and relationships would be completely fresh. I personally think it'd be hilarious! Not to mention challenging to write a script for.
  • edited December 2010
    Now that it's out, I would like to see either Doc or Marty in, but then what can I say, I'm fond of BTTF.
  • edited December 2010
    Another, a little Sam & Max heavy...

Max - Pyro
    Strong Bad - The Cheat
    Heavy - Skunkape
    Tycho - Papierwaite/Norrington
  • edited December 2010
    Personally what I'm thinking is that a sequel can involve a lot of characters playing poker, in a real tournament, with brackets and multiple tables and everything, so you get to experience all sorts of combinations.
  • edited December 2010
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Personally what I'm thinking is that a sequel can involve a lot of characters playing poker, in a real tournament, with brackets and multiple tables and everything, so you get to experience all sorts of combinations.

You do realise, don't you, that it's unlikely to sell particularly well and that they'd have to put it up at the price of a full season to pay all the voice actors for the hours of dialogue that would have to be written/recorded? (Not to mention the budget for writers and sound mixers)
  • edited December 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    You do realise, don't you, that it's unlikely to sell particularly well and that they'd have to put it up at the price of a full season to pay all the voice actors for the hours of dialogue that would have to be written/recorded? (Not to mention the budget for writers and sound mixers)

Yes, of course I realize that. Still would be nice if it could be done though.
  • edited December 2010
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Yes, of course I realize that. Still would be nice if it could be done though.

Agreed. Sorry for pouring cold water on your pipedream. I like the sound of it, a lot.
  • edited December 2010
    All-girl opponents! Momma Bosco is already there, (so is Stinky, but who'd want to play poker with her?) just add Marzipan, Morgan and... uh... is there a female character in TF2? Cortana maybe? I'd definitely vote for GlaDOS. That does mean there'd be two Telltale characters and no Penny Arcade one, but Tycho's niece is too young and I can't see his wife there.

ETA: I would have suggested adding Sybil instead of Momma Bosco, but I'm still mentally scarred from her appearance in Devil's Playhouse. PENNIES?!
  • edited December 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    All-girl opponents! Momma Bosco is already there, (so is Stinky, but who'd want to play poker with her?) just add Marzipan, Morgan and... uh... is there a female character in TF2? Cortana maybe? I'd definitely vote for GlaDOS. That does mean there'd be two Telltale characters and no Penny Arcade one, but Tycho's niece is too young and I can't see his wife there.

ETA: I would have suggested adding Sybil instead of Momma Bosco, but I'm still mentally scarred from her appearance in Devil's Playhouse. PENNIES?!

Ah but the way society is these days, an all-female cast would treat an unknown opponent differently depending on whether they be male or female.
  • edited December 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Ah but the way society is these days, an all-female cast would treat an unknown opponent differently depending on whether they be male or female.

Well, an all-male cast would also treat an unknown opponent differently depending on whether they were male or female, and since you don't specify your gender when playing, (and maybe that's why) it wouldn't really be an issue.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, an all-male cast would also treat an unknown opponent differently depending on whether they were male or female, and since you don't specify your gender when playing, (and maybe that's why) it wouldn't really be an issue.

I beg to differ. The only thing that would change is Heavy's line "...even then I'd just crush your head in my hands."

Personally, I think an all-female cast would get very vicious and sexist with a male opponent.
  • edited December 2010
    what.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, but you missed my point - you never specify your gender to begin with when you play. The all-male players treat you like one of the guys, why wouldn't an all-girl cast treat you like one of the girls?
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, but you missed my point - you never specify your gender to begin with when you play. The all-male players treat you like one of the guys, why wouldn't an all-girl cast treat you like one of the girls?

That's fair enough.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd actually want to see if Nelson Tethers would be able to get animated into the game, with a Hidden People hat as a TF2 un-lockable. I'd imagine it'd be tough on (and ultimately up to) Grickle, though.
  • edited December 2010
    Thinking of all other characters from franchises tied to Telltale I would go with:

Feathers McGraw *criminal penguin with a red rubber glove on his head* from Wallace & Gromit, he doesn't talk but his reactions would be great.

LeChuck from Monkey Island

Phoney Bone from Bone

Boris/Leonard Steakcharmer from Telltale Texas Hold Em and Sam & Max

Gil Grissom from CSI! That would crack the hell out of me up.

Doc Brown from Back to the Future would be a hoot. They already got Christopher Lloyd so it be an easy awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.