Other Characters?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Oh, wait, I remember. It's that cat and demon from Penny Arcade, right?

indubitably, i love those guys.
  • edited September 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    indubitably, i love those guys.

I find them to mainly just be filler between actual strips. They're pretty weird, which is probably what the PA guys were going for, but I really don't understand why people think it's funny.
  • edited September 2010
    I find them to mainly just be filler between actual strips. They're pretty weird, which is probably what the PA guys were going for, but I really don't understand why people think it's funny.

yes its a filler but it is still funny. i don't see much wrong with fillers.
  • edited September 2010
    Kolgax wrote: »
    Twisp and Catsby :D

Yeah hurray!!!! And Erzatz de Faux from King's Quest VII and Malcolm from Kyrandia :p
  • edited September 2010
    It helps if you read their dialogue in a pseudo-upper-class-English accent. My brother and I quote this one frequently:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/8/2/

I can understand why some find them unfunny, but I can't even glance at that strip without giggling.
  • edited September 2010
    I thought about Homsar being in there. Then I thought about GLaDOS being in there. Then I thought of Homsar starring in a portal game. I started hyperventilating thinking about how awesome that would be.
  • edited September 2010
    I hope there will be one character like the usual TTG forum user, you know hating everything beside of point&click, beeing extensively subjective about older adventure games and so on...maybe one male and one female. Ahh...
  • edited September 2010
    Imagine Link from the Zelda games. Every time he gets a good card he gives himself away like when he opens a chest. Or with Navi telling him "LOOK!" :p
  • edited September 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Imagine Link from the Zelda games. Every time he gets a good card he gives himself away like when he opens a chest. Or with Navi telling him "LOOK!" :p

i think i would die of shock.
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe Earthworm Jim, A character from Pucca or Homsar
  • edited October 2010
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    Maybe Earthworm Jim, A character from Pucca or Homsar

Yes, no, Yes
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, no, Yes

Why Not Character from Pucca? I'm just curious becouse looks like did nobody have seen Pucca's Tv Show. Maybe the reason is Pucca don't have any game.
  • edited October 2010
    guys you think is gotta be a refrence right

I GOTTA IDEA

1. sonic the hedgehog

2. super mario

3. d.r eggman (STH)

4. bowser (SMB)

5. luigi

6. the geek (sam and max animated)

7. bosco (S&M 1 AND 2)

8. TROGDOR

9. miles tails power

10. mickey mouse (epic mickey)

11. the annocer (TF2)

12. the narrator (S&M 3)

13. ?spongbob and Patrick? :confused:

14. amy rose

15. other characters (ALL)

16. rabbids

17. TERRY (uh never heard of it?, click here )
  • edited October 2010
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    guys you think is gotta be a refrence right

I GOTTA IDEA

1. sonic the hedgehog

2. super mario

3. d.r eggman (STH)

4. bowser (SMB)

5. luigi

6. the geek (sam and max animated)

7. bosco (S&M 1 AND 2)

8. TROGDOR

9. miles tails power

11. the annocer (TF2)

12. the narrator (S&M 3)

13. ?spongbob and Patrick? :confused:

14. amy rose

15. other characters (ALL)
    it looks like you haven't understant what copyright is
  • edited October 2010
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    Thanks for specifying he was from Epic Mickey. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known who you were talking about. :p
  • edited October 2010
    Why Not Character from Pucca? I'm just curious becouse looks like did nobody have seen Pucca's Tv Show. Maybe the reason is Pucca don't have any game.

I have seen it. It's.... unique, but you don't need to mention that show or Homsar in almost every post you make.
  • edited October 2010
    I have seen it. It's.... unique, but you don't need to mention that show or Homsar in almost every post you make.

That's okey but you think any one of my suggestions are good ideas
  • edited October 2010
    That's okey but you think any one of my suggestions are good ideas

Homsar would be good, but I think he's been mentioned before.
  • edited October 2010
    Homsar would be good, but I think he's been mentioned before.

Whatever and the others
  • edited October 2010
    Whatever and the others

Nah. From what i remember of Pucca, there's not much talking. I haven't played much of Earthworm Jim, but from what I have played, he does not seem like a good fit.
  • edited October 2010
    Nah. From what i remember of Pucca, there's not much talking. I haven't played much of Earthworm Jim, but from what I have played, he does not seem like a good fit.

Oh Pucca have a Tv show with all characters and not Pucca n Garu don't talk in this show.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh Pucca have a Tv show with all characters and not Pucca n Garu don't talk in this show.

Uhh, what? I don't speak Puccanese.
  • edited October 2010

You forget, Earthworm Jim had a cartoon at one point. He talked a lot and he was pretty funny in that.
  • edited October 2010
    it looks like you haven't understant what copyright is

If Telltale can license characters from Valve and Penny-Arcade, not to mention BTTF and Jurassic Park, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to license any of those other characters.

Whether or not those characters would make a good game may be up for debate, but it's not unreasonable for someone to list the characters they'd like, regardless of license.
    Uhh, what? I don't speak Puccanese.

I believe the proper response is "Sorry, I don't speak Tun-gah." :P
  • edited October 2010
    Liquid-X wrote: »
    We need Guybrush.

INSULT POKER!

Look, 5 of a kind. Not even you can't be 5 of a kind.

And my vote goes for Glados or maybe G-Man.

Kevin
  • edited October 2010
    The Ghost of Christmas Future, The Poopsmith, Pyro, and Twisp.

The most dialogue-heavy game of all time!
  • edited October 2010
    The Ghost of Christmas Future, The Poopsmith, Pyro, and Twisp.

The most dialogue-heavy game of all time!

yes! its mute people on break! now they can break their mute bonds (save for twisp who can now speak in more then a one word sentence)!
  • edited October 2010
    Tl;Dr

I'd like to see Gordon Freeman, though it's questionable how well he'd fit...

Just for laughts I think a Headcrab should be thrown in.

GLaDOS would be awesome

Likewise for laughs, a Companion Cube.
  • edited October 2010
    ok ok ok just telltale guys never let geek in sam and max games so she will be in porker night at the invetory right? :confused:

P.S THIS IS NOT A RICKROLL

PPP.SS make your own geek 3d image and send it to the forum please?
  • edited October 2010
    Uhm... is the message you're trying to get across is that you want The Geek from the Sam and Max cartoon to be in the Telltale Games? No offense but English doesn't appear to be your first language.
  • edited October 2010
    Can you please just make one "character request thread" and stick to it?
  • edited October 2010
    There is no way this guy isn't trolling.
  • edited October 2010
    And this is why, kids, you shouldn't turn on your computer while you're drunk.
  • edited October 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Can you please just make one "character request thread" and stick to it?

Or use the already existing one?
  • edited October 2010
    Uh...I'm probably making a big mistake by taking this thread seriously, but the Sam and Max animated series is owned by Nelvana (I think?). Any characters which originated from the cartoon are still Nelvana property, and Telltale can't use them. Just like they can't use anybody from Hit the Road.

The only pre-existing Sam and Max characters Telltale can use are the ones from the comic, though curiously they've never used anybody besides Sam, Max, and Flint Paper.
  • edited October 2010
    Uh...I'm probably making a big mistake by taking this thread seriously, but the Sam and Max animated series is owned by Nelvana (I think?). Any characters which originated from the cartoon are still Nelvana property, and Telltale can't use them. Just like they can't use anybody from Hit the Road.

The only pre-existing Sam and Max characters Telltale can use are the ones from the comic, though curiously they've never used anybody besides Sam, Max, and Flint Paper.

Because they're the only ones worth repeating?

Plus, don't forget the Commissioner.
  • edited October 2010
    Porker Night.

That will stay awesome forever.
  • edited October 2010
    Porker Night.

That will stay awesome forever.

But how many computer games are there with pigs as central characters? I feel that we're going to be disappointed here..... :(
  • edited October 2010
    Because they're the only ones worth repeating?

Plus, don't forget the Commissioner.

Does The Commissioner really count when he never actually appears? Why does he never show himself anyway? Must be a British Columbian thing.
    But how many computer games are there with pigs as central characters? I feel that we're going to be disappointed here..... :(

625455-cyberswine_box_large.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    i swear if he uses "porker night" one more time!!!

anyway, i feel at least a few of the comic book characters would be worth it for another game. such as mack salmon and the rubber pants commandos.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.