Enter to Win the Poker Night at the Inventory Contest Here

This fall, we’re releasing Poker Night at the Inventory, a look at what Team Fortress 2’s Heavy, Penny-Arcade’s Tycho, and Strong Bad and Max of Telltale Games fame are up to after they clock out for the night. For this contest, incorporate the provided character images from the game into a non-poker related scene with the magic of Photoshop (or other editing software) then title it and post it in the contest thread HERE. During the Make a Scene with Telltale panel at PAX this year we tossed up some ‘prospective’ titles for Poker Night at the Inventory including Tax Returns at the Inventory and Badminton at the Inventory – use those as inspiration for your own scenes. I, along with input from the Telltale Team, will pick our five favorites at the end of the contest so be creative.

Now for the nitty-gritty about the contest. First, the prizes; each of the five winners will receive codes for the PC/Mac versions of Puzzle Agent and Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse. You have until 11:00 AM (Pacific Time) Monday, September 27 to post your entry in the thread - you can post up to three entries, but only win for one of them. If you were a winner in the last contest (PAX DeLorean) you can’t win this one (why would you, the prizes are the same), but show us your stuff anyway! Good luck!

Click the images for large versions!

5010341344_e42e6c7128.jpg 5010341388_ac220c764e.jpg
5009736805_a5a41e2c10.jpg 5010341298_49bb6cbe22.jpg

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Glad we have a week, though someone will beat me to mine for sure.
  • edited September 2010
    Yes! Another one! WOO!
  • edited September 2010
    Awesome, another contest. Now I just need ideas.

Btw, if you win and already own any of the two prizes is it possible to exchange them for something else?
  • edited September 2010
    Good evening fellas. It's 04:21 AM here in Germany, I am very sleepy and I really don't know how to make a proper contest entry. Nonetheless I am trying. Here ya go. First and worst, including not even a slight piece of imagination and fancyness. :)
  • edited September 2010
    so you know, I will be working on this for a few days, It will be titles Doctor Who at the Inventory, but It's really more Poker Night in the TARDIS
  • edited September 2010
    My first entry. Then after I finished it and re-read the rules, in all my excitement, I didn't realize it had to be a non-poker related scene. D'oh! I guess this doesn't count then...

Oh well, enjoy!

object404_pokernight.jpg

Poker Night at the Doghouse!
  • edited September 2010
    Totally random request, but would really dig just a picture of the Inventory itself for 'X at the Inventory' as opposed to 'Poker Night at the X'

O hai, first entry.
    raidersbookwarehouse.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    Alrighty, here's my real first entry.

You know that list of things to do if you get a chance to travel through time and meet famous historical figures?

For some bizarre reason, this is always step one on everybody's list...

timetravelernight.jpg

Time Traveler Night at the Inventory

:D
  • edited September 2010
    Laundry Night at the Inventory

5010836051_ba2d8c6084_b.jpg

Flickr link: http://flic.kr/p/8CMQZ2
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Admonisher wrote: »
    Laundry Night at the Inventory

Flickr link: http://flic.kr/p/8CMQZ2

ROFL! :D

I love that Max is in the dryer. :)

Great use of the expression of Gabe, and the Heavy carrying so much laundry his head is obscured made me laugh too. :D

It also looks like Strong Bad is laughing that Gabe's Comic Con Sam & Max shirt turned pink, which is definitely something he would do. Good job all around. :)

I just noticed the MerLeader in the background. Nice! I love background jokes. :D
  • edited September 2010
    fullpic.png
    World Cup 2010 at the inventory
  • edited September 2010
    It might help us non-Photoshop users if someone posts the characters already cut out of the red backgrounds.
  • edited September 2010
    Good Luck to all! :)
  • edited September 2010
    Severed heads
    pokernight2.png

Edit: forgot to add title
  • edited September 2010
    working on mine, but do we need all of them in the picture?
  • edited September 2010
    murderatinventory.png
  • edited September 2010
    well, back to the drawing board.
  • edited September 2010
    Here is my entry

ZOMBIE NIGHT AT THE INVENTORY

Preview size:
    zombienightattheinvento.jpg

Full size link: CLICK HERE
  • edited September 2010
    -imgsnip-

This one is cool
  • edited September 2010
    It might help us non-Photoshop users if someone posts the characters already cut out of the red backgrounds.

Not meaning to bother anyone by posting again, but I want to enter, and I'm horrid at "cutting" images.
  • edited September 2010
    Not meaning to bother anyone by posting again, but I want to enter, and I'm horrid at "cutting" images.

Same here and I have a perfect idea(not going to say it so no one steals it.
  • edited September 2010
    You people do know Photoshop has a trial?
  • edited September 2010
    Or that GIMP is free?

...Honestly I'd kill to get Photoshop again instead of GIMP but it gets the job done so *shrugs*
  • edited September 2010
    date-night2.jpg

date-night1.jpg

These two are supposed to be one entry together, but if an entry is per image, then this is two.

Could we win the Poker game instead of the other two games if we already have the other two games? Or maybe something from an interns desk?
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, I'm in the "I already own just about every Telltale game!" camp. If I should win a duplicated game, it would be nice if it were "giftable," so I could share the love. Or if the dupes were substituted for a deck of Voodoo cards, maybe. :p

Also, Derwin ... diiiiiisturbing! :D
  • edited September 2010
    I call it, "Shake Down at the Inventory".

shakedownattheinventory.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    Beatles Day at the Inventory

5014401942_2a82c2cef9_z.jpg

Okay, so they may have remembered a few of the details wrong...

Flickr link: http://flic.kr/p/8D77ZU
  • edited September 2010
    I'll give you guys gift codes if you already own one or both of the games and win! Think of the holiday gift opportunities!
  • edited September 2010
    Admonisher wrote: »
    Beatles Day at the Inventory

Okay, so they may have remembered a few of the details wrong...

Flickr link: http://flic.kr/p/8D77ZU

Are those feet on the Heavy from Monty Python? Also, excellent details in both of your entries. They are hilarious.
    I'll give you guys gift codes if you already own one or both of the games and win! Think of the holiday gift opportunities!

Sweet, good enough for me. I still want you to steal something from an intern's desk and mail it to me though, regardless of whether I win or not.
  • edited September 2010

Huzzah! :)
  • edited September 2010
    Derwin wrote: »
    Are those feet on the Heavy from Monty Python? Also, excellent details in both of your entries. They are hilarious.

Yes. And thanks. :p
  • edited September 2010
    Please forgive the messy and rush'd-ness.
    It was late. XD
    And yeah, I got lazy on editing the karts. :p

telltalekart.jpg

Ps: I intentionally left the M in . XDD
  • edited September 2010
    Max stole Marios kart, Genius
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Or that GIMP is free?

Oh that might help me out a bit. I have been using Microsoft Paint. I actually started getting it to work but it was clear to figure out where i cut them off due to them being jagged(not badly but still obvious) and I needed a background and so far pure red was all I got, so...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Futurama at the Inventory

futuramainventory.png
  • edited September 2010
    Serec wrote: »
    Awesome Kart picture

Pure. Genius.
  • edited September 2010
    Here it is: Campaigning at the Inventory.

2vbn6g1.png

For those of you who don't know, its based on Obama's Campaign
  • edited September 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Futurama at the Inventory

futuramainventory.png

good news everyone, we have our first television parody.
  • edited September 2010
    Serec wrote: »
    Please forgive the messy and rush'd-ness.
    It was late. XD
    And yeah, I got lazy on editing the karts. :p

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu300/Ceres_01/telltalekart.jpg

Ps: I intentionally left the M in . XDD

Awesome edit!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.