The Second Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited December 2010
    That's the only one I have...

Lucky for you, there's already a provision for that.
    However, if you absolutely do not have access to the original game, you may use the Special Edition and you will be granted a five minute handicap.
    hamza721 wrote: »
    well if theres only one person that doesn't have lechucks revenge special edition then we can still use the special edition times and just add to those who dont have it

That's an interesting thought. We'd still have a fair race, we just couldn't compare our times to old races. I think I like it. Anyone opposed to making the SE standard for the race and adding five minutes for anyone who chooses to use the original?
  • edited December 2010
    That's an interesting thought. We'd still have a fair race, we just couldn't compare our times to old races. I think I like it. Anyone opposed to making the SE standard for the race and adding five minutes for anyone who chooses to use the original?

I approve this idea
  • edited December 2010
    Just wondering the 1st page says the race is 4 weeks long but it goes from December 19th to January 8th thats 3 weeks, so are the dates wrong or is it a three week race?
  • edited December 2010

My name is apenpaap, and I approve this message.
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Just wondering the 1st page says the race is 4 weeks long but it goes from December 19th to January 8th thats 3 weeks, so are the dates wrong or is it a three week race?

Right you are! It's fixed now.
  • edited December 2010

LeChuck's Revenge and its Special Edition cannot be timed fairly against each other, so for this race we will be using the Special Edition. However, if you absolutely do not have access to the Special Edition, you may use the original version and add a five minute penalty to your time.

yeea
  • edited December 2010
    I think there's still a few kinks in the updated rules, but I'll work those out soon. I'm a little too tired and out of it to wrap my head around fixing it all up right now.
  • edited December 2010
    by the way, when openings for second fun runs go out, if its still available, would I be able to reserve ToMI Lair of the Leviathan? that is, as long as nobody picks it first and nobody has a problem with that.
  • edited December 2010
    The main thing holding me back from doing the race again is Monkey Kombat.
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    The main thing holding me back from doing the race again is Monkey Kombat.

(Steps forward waiting for the pitchforks) I....enjoy Monkey Kombat (precedes to hide in a corner).
  • edited December 2010
    I dont find Monkey Kombat as bad as some people, just sometimes it takes forever and sometimes you can get lucky and it doesnt take that long.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, Monkey Kombat can be horrifying during the race. Normally, it takes me about 3-4 battles before I can fight Satan In A Hat, but it took me 20 battles in the previous race.
  • edited December 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Normally, it takes me about 3-4 battles before I can fight Satan In A Hat

...How?!
  • edited December 2010
    If you win them all, he agrees to fight you real quickly.
  • edited December 2010
    Yay! Back to being a pesky cheerleader again!

Count me in.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, Monkey Kombat can be horrifying during the race. Normally, it takes me about 3-4 battles before I can fight Satan In A Hat, but it took me 20 battles in the previous race.

Same here. 1 battle for each monkey type which makes the whole concept of the puzzle a lot less frustrating and time consuming.
  • edited December 2010
    I am not looking forward to facing monkey combat for the first time
  • edited December 2010
    About to start Secret
  • edited December 2010
    I think I will play the games at these days/times:
    Secret: 27 December, 19:00 GMT
    Revenge: 27 December, 23:00 GMT
    Curse: 28 December, 19:00 GMT
    Escape: 29 December, 19:00 GMT
    Tales: 30 December, 19:00 GMT (Probably all in a row like in the last race, but if I get too tired I may split them up and do some episodes the 31st)
  • edited December 2010
    Finished Secret. 2h54.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, I'm starting Secret now. Just gotta update Procaster.
    Here's my stream: http://livestream.com/ozziemonkeycast
  • edited December 2010
    Hmm, the recording conked out.
    EDIT: I'll try and play some more later, but so far, I've got a time of 17:22 and am just about to talk to Otis about a file.
  • edited December 2010
    Guys can I join the Race now? My stream is http://www.livestream.com/alkapel
  • edited December 2010
    Apologies to those expecting a S&M 102 broadcast yesterday. I think Procaster tries to connect once then gives up on failure.

Starting MI2 now.
  • edited December 2010
    Guru, you should add a link to tbm's stream (http://www.livestream.com/tbm1986) and my starting times to the first post.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh snap, the race started?! Awesome!
  • edited December 2010
    Finished MI2. 2h36.

Apologies for it being in two streams and having inconsistent audio. I was having a bandwidth availability issue.

Also I used classic mode for two things: firstly, to return my empty glass to the bartender (as this is impossible (as far as I can tell) in contemporary mode); secondly, to give Stan's hanky to LeChuck. If it is actually possible to give it to him in normal mode before he zaps you, I apologise for not persevering enough.
  • edited December 2010
    I am starting "The secret of Monkey Island:SE" now!
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Finished "The secret of Monkey Island:SE". Time: 2:50
  • edited December 2010
    Guru, you should add a link to tbm's stream (http://www.livestream.com/tbm1986) and my starting times to the first post.

I'm sorry, I've been very lazy. Unfortunately, there's lots of holiday baking going on tonight, and I was only able to get away for a moment to check the forums. I'll try and browse both threads later tonight for everything I need to update so I can get everything straightened out.
  • edited December 2010
    Continuing with Secret now. http://livestream.com/ozziemonkeycast
  • edited December 2010
    Finished Secret with a time of 2 hours and 11 minutes. Moving on to Lechuck's Revenge in a few minutes.

EDIT: Starting now.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, I'm breaking for today. Tomorrow, I finish LCR and move onto Curse.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, I won't be playing them in 5 consecutive days for obvious reasons (Christmas and other commitments and stuff) (I hope I can do that), but I'll be playing Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition tonight, around 6:30 GBT, that's about 1:30PM for all you americans out there.

Been looking forward to streaming a MI game for ages, so looking forward to this.
    :)
  • edited December 2010
    Just so i know when you will be playing, what is GBT Is it great britain time or did you mean GMT?
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, I meant GMT (british time). I just always thought it was GBT.
    :p
  • edited December 2010
    So your playing 6:30 pm greenwich mean time
  • edited December 2010
    Gonna start about 6:45 actually (in about 20 minutes). Dinner and stuff.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, Secret is going ahead any minute now. Come join me!

http://www.livestream.com/monkeymovies

Just like old times!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.