The Second Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Just finished Secret: Special Edition with 2 hours, 20 minutes.
    :)
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry I missed it, it was about 5:45 am here when you started so I couldnt watch it. :(
  • edited December 2010
    Final time for LCR is 2 hours and 7 minutes.
  • edited December 2010
    Starting LCR any minute now. :)

http://www.livestream.com/monkeymovies
  • edited December 2010
    Finished LeChuck's Revenge in 2 hours 15 minutes.
    :)

Won't be streaming Curse till a few days time, though.
  • edited December 2010
    @monkeymovies

Damn missed another one, will you be doing all your races at that time?
  • edited December 2010
    FINALLY, everything should be up to date.
  • edited December 2010
    Starting Curse now.
  • edited December 2010
    Taking a break. Will continue tomorrow.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, guys. Sorry to those who last night expected to see me play a couple more Sam & Max episodes. I'll do them tomorrow night (when Ice Station Santa will feel more appropriate). Tonight, I'll be playing Curse. Don't know when exactly yet but definitely starting within the next hour (otherwise I'll be up past midnight GMT doing it for sure). Warming up with Poker atI first.
  • edited December 2010
    Will start as soon as Procaster successfully logs me in...

Edit 9pm GMT: I think it's my internet. Will try again after some more poker.

Edit 9:40pm GMT: finally. I'm going to hate myself tomorrow morning when I have to get up for work...

Starting Curse now. Edit: false start, technical hitch. Trying again...

Edit 9:57pm GMT: I must be mad, starting it again...

Edit 10:07pm GMT: Same error and reckon I'll keep getting it. It relates to DirectX or DirectDraw, I think. The result is the graphics freeze on a frame but gameplay and sound continue regardless. I'm running in a window under Vista x64, having already tried full-screen. Will try again tomorrow, using ScummVM.
  • edited December 2010
    Continuing with Curse now.
  • edited December 2010
    Beat Curse in 2 hours and 32 minutes, phew. I'll see you guys after Christmas when I do Escape.
  • edited December 2010
    Unexpectedly, I can play Secret tonight at 19:00 GMT, with audio commentary. I'll start the stream tonight at 19:00 GMT, and see if anyone shows up (If no one shows up there isn't really any point of doing audio commentary so in that case I'll keep to my original schedule and play Secret the 27th).
  • edited December 2010
    I'm starting Secret (Special Edition) now at http://www.livestream.com/apenpaap
    EDIT: I'll be doing Secret 27 December, like in my sig and the OP.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm starting Curse now, if anyone's interested.
  • edited December 2010
    Finished Curse in 3h14m (I think). Will get back to you once I've been back and it's on LS. No Sam & Max tonight, I'm afraid. Too late, Xmas Day begins when I wake up.

Merry Xmas, you lot!

Edit: 3h14 is indeed correct.
  • edited December 2010
    A note of warning for those yet to play Escape: if you exhaust all dialogue options with Jumbeaux LaFeet befor you berate the tourist over the hat, you won't be able to talk to JLF about the hat, therefore you will not be able to ask the parrots the right questions, therefore won't be able to progress to Monkey Island. You must therefore speak to the tourist about the Ultimate Insult then about the statue/hat before you speak to Jumbeaux.
  • edited December 2010
    That doesn't sound right. The first time I played Escape, I got ridiculously stuck on that, talking to Jumbeaux like crazy to try and get the hat, and I didn't have to load a save file to talk to the tourist and proceed.

Oh, wait, I think this was part of that patch for the game. I should probably say something about that in the OP.

Edit: Nope, apparently this isn't one of the puzzles affected by the patch. I'll still recommend the patch in the OP, though.
  • edited December 2010
    I wrote a post advertising the race on my blog. Only a few people read my blog, so we probably won't get another participant from it, but I figured I'd try it anyway.
  • edited December 2010
    I just tried:

I spoke to JLF about everything, before I spoke to the tourist then when I went back to JLF I could speak to him about where the hat was burried.

So whats the problem?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm going to start playing Escape in a few minutes, so come to my stream and enjoy the fun http://livestream.com/ozziemonkeycast
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    I just tried:

I spoke to JLF about everything, before I spoke to the tourist then when I went back to JLF I could speak to him about where the hat was burried.

So whats the problem?

Sounds like my game instance fucked up, then.
  • edited December 2010
    Taking a break. 1 hour and 16 minutes in and I've just completed Act 1.
    EDIT: I'm continuing Escape now.http://livestream.com/ozziemonkeycast

EDIT: I'm experiencing the same problem with the boulder problem as last race, where the final rock that pushes the other rock into the middle ramp is delayed. I'll have to do this bit outside recording then start again.

EDIT: Ok, I've done the boulder puzzle. Back to streaming.
  • edited December 2010
    Finished Escape with a final time of 3 hours and 28 minutes.
  • edited December 2010
    Will start playing Escape at about 7pm GMT. Like I did for Curse, I will play in a window and converse with ppl in the LS chat during cutscenes. I have played up to the end of Jambalaya with the patch recently on this PC and haven't experienced any crashes. I plan to stream it all in one go, without any game loads. I have the CD version, so will need to switch over between Melee 2 and Jambalaya.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm starting Secret now at http://www.livestream.com/apenpaap . Come and join me!
  • edited December 2010
    I'm starting Escape now.
  • edited December 2010
    Finished Secret in 2:10. I had some horrible lag that I eventually found out was because my idiot brother was hogging all the bandwidth. Luckily I'll be playing Revenge after his bedtime at 23:00 GMT.
  • edited December 2010
    I really don't get it. I've spoken to the tourist first about Tiny then to Jumbeaux. The game seems to think I've already got the info I need so won't let me at the info as to where he buried the hat and therefore I don't have the questions to ask the parrots. I'm at a loss for now. I'll carry on playing offline until I get somewhere. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
  • edited December 2010
    Fixed. Resumed streaming. Edit: the reason (I think) was I didn't ask the tourist about Tiny, just about the statue (and its missing top). I'm going to add a minute to my time as a penalty for fixing that before resuming streaming.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm starting Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge now at http://www.livestream.com/apenpaap .
  • edited December 2010
    Bloody typical it crashes during Monkey Kombat!

Edit: I'll play it again tomorrow, saving before then again during Monkey Kombat, then hitting record. Time for me to hit the hay now. Also coming tomorrow from me are two more Sam & Max episodes.
  • edited December 2010
    I finished Revenge in 2:55. I will start Curse tomorrow an hour later than I had planned, at 20:00 GMT.
  • edited December 2010
    just to let you guys know, i WOULD be racing but my mum started her holidays literally the day before the race begun and she doesn't want me spending lots of time on the computer, so I probably will have to skip the race. I'll do the fun playthrough though.
  • edited December 2010
    It took me from 1:35pm GMT until now to get get EMI from the beginning to where I was when it crashed on me during Monkey Kombat. Like last time, my chart is one move from completion and I've beat about 3 monkeys.

I'm streaming now, from that point to the end. Watch if you want.
  • edited December 2010
    Phew. Finished Escape at last. Some relatives disturbed me unexpectedly for about 3 mins, however. It's possible I'll do it again as a do-over but the first time was far from fun as it was.

Time is 4h20m.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm starting Curse at http://www.livestream.com/apenpaap . Come and join me!
  • edited December 2010
    Finished Curse in 2:55. I'll start Escape tomorrow at 19:00 GMT.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.