Subtítulos? Translated: Subtitles? (This thread is in Spanish)

124»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    PainDealer wrote: »
    You don't need to be from South America to not convert mph to kph or km/h in the translation.

Besides, in LATAM we use kph not mph. This subs are in neutral spanish, not latin spanish.
  • OMAOMA
    edited January 2011
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    I'll keep waiting! Thanks for the hard work but this is not the Back To the Future I remember!

So you will not play it and wait just because the first scene from the game (which is about 1 minute long) doesn't match the dialogue of the dubbing you're familiar with?

The rest of the game doesn't have any dialog from the movies, so I think you can play it without any of those problems.
  • edited January 2011
    First of all, I think the only intention of these Spanish subtitles is making the game a little more enjoyable for those who don't speak English. I'm sure the creator(s) didn't intend to make the ultimate, perfect localization into Spanish that most of you are asking for. Anyway, I'd wait for official word from TTG, as I don't know if they are too fond of fanmade translations. I'm a supporter of professional-looking translations made by fans when there isn't an official one or if they do a better work than the original translators (yes, "Engrish" still exists in the 21st century!), but not every game developer likes people creating "unofficial patches" for their product.

While I didn't have any problem while playing the game in English and I didn't worry a bit about it not being translated into my language, I understand your point; but once you've seen the film trilogy in its original language (using Spanish or English subtitles if you need them) every dialogue in the game seems consistent. And no matter if you liked "It's About Time" or not, you'll be amazed at how much effort the folks at Telltale Games put into the game so that every single sentence felt like it had been directly taken from the original films...

However, as several users said before, if there HAS to be a Spanish version of the subtitles (I said "version" because a direct translation wouldn't work) maybe the best thing to do would be to split it in two: one for Spaniards and another one for Latin Americans. Assuming there is one neutral Spanish that every single Spanish-speaking person would be happy with is a huge mistake. A mistake that, surprisingly, many big companies who decide to localize their games still don't understand (luckily, smaller ones often do).

Remember that "neutral Spanish" Halo 2 voice dub? As far as I know, everybody found it "artificial": it sounded weird for Latin Americans, and Spaniards directly assumed Microsoft brought another Latin American dub to Spain. While this is not a problem anymore in the book and film industries, I've seen this happening in games for decades.

With just one neutral Spanish translation (and now I'll refer specifically to the problems most of you have already mentioned and what I usually see in game/film "neutral" subtitles) there'd be inconsistent vocabulary for either Iberian Spanish or Latin American Spanish speakers, or maybe both. It's not a matter of being nitpicky, but most of us know that some verbs even don't mean the same in Spain and in Latin America (e.g. while Spaniards would naturally use the verb coger while picking up a random item in an adventure game, I guess Latin Americans would prefer tomar or agarrar, as for many of them coger means a whole different thing). Tenses work differently, as well: in the case of "Desintegraste a Einstein", a Spaniard may consider it (though not necessarily) Latin American Spanish, just because in these situations Spanish people tend to use the present perfect instead of simple past.

A possible solution that not many game companies seem to care about, but is what almost everyone does in literature and film translation as far as I'm concerned, is precisely making two "neutral Spanish" versions of their game: removing regionalisms and dialect words, but still taking into account that Americans and Europeans, although they often understand each other, don't speak the same Spanish.

Back on topic: I don't need it (what I do need is to summarize, this is HUGE!), but if there HAS to be a Spanish version, I'd be happy to play it as long as it doesn't "feel weird". And, again, if you just concentrate on my Spanish, other people won't like it ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Another issue with neutral-and-literal versions is that the way the characters address each other is not used. Referring the LatinAmerican versions (either one), Marty always talks to Doc in the "Usted" way (polite way to address someone), as in "¡Doctor, usted desintegró a Einstein!", "Usted es el Doc, Doc" or "Mire, ella no lo va a entender, Doc ¡Yo estoy aquí con usted y tampoco lo entiendo!".

I enjoyed the Spanish subtitles, but not as much as I enjoyed the English ones, because the former felt unfamiliar, but that's just me, knowing each dialog in latinamerican Spanish, having written the scripts and uploading them some time ago.

@Wolfchest: There's a Spaniard version of the subtitles in Vagos.es. Got the link, but I think it'd be better to send through PM.
  • edited January 2011
    stylerz wrote: »
    cool, looks like GTA and thanks for sharing links.

Not to get off topic, but where exactly do you see prostitutes and hand guns in this photograph? Was it Doc's action packed facial expressions and yelling that did it for you? Yes, this is a very violent game...

Great scot, I got it, it's because he's looking so dangerous and bad in front of those blaizing inferno flames, isn't it? Come on, isn't it?
  • edited June 2011
    Hello, my english not is good, this message in part is created with a internet traductor, but please send me here, the spanish subtitles for the game, why i am a hipoacusic person.

And, i am a great fanatic of BTTF, i see the re-edition digital on cinemas in Argentina, i go to the cinema the night of 19th june 2010, was a great experience, almost a mass, and went without hearing aids cost so I thoroughly enjoy the show, but I put all my heart the passion one has for a movie, and I hope that Michael J. Fox returns to film himself doing a new adventure in the series that made him so famous. I'll try the game, but I'd love to give subtitles to experience it in full.

Thank you very much and Great Scott! :D

OctavioA
    Argentina
  • edited June 2011
    Hi, Octavio.

There are no official Spanish subtitles as of now, but you can go to "La Cueva de Los Clásicos" ( Google it ;) ) and download fan-made latinamerican subtitles for the PC version.

---

Hola, Octavio.

No hay subtítulos oficiales en Español todavía, pero puedes ir a "La Cueva de Los Clásicos" ( búscalo en Google ;) ) y descargar subtítulos latinoamericanos hechos por los fans para la versión para PC.
  • edited June 2011
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Hi, Octavio.

There are no official Spanish subtitles as of now, but you can go to "La Cueva de Los Clásicos" ( Google it ;) ) and download fan-made latinamerican subtitles for the PC version.

---

Hola, Octavio.

No hay subtítulos oficiales en Español todavía, pero puedes ir a "La Cueva de Los Clásicos" ( búscalo en Google ;) ) y descargar subtítulos latinoamericanos hechos por los fans para la versión para PC.

Mil gracias!! Como hablás castellano, te contesto, el juego està muy bueno, pero todavìa me cuesta un poco dominar las pistas y resolverlo... estoy atrapado en la parte de agarrar un barril de sopa y hay que empujar la puerta para ir a la cocina... estuve leyendo la guìa oficial del juego, con ayuda del traductor de google, pero no me alcanza... :D en fin, voy a investigar si hay alguna guìa traducida para encontrarle la vuelta al asunto o si vos podès darme alguna idea.

Saludos!

OctavioA
    Argentina
  • edited June 2011
    your class was my favorite in high school :)
  • edited June 2011
    OctavioA wrote: »
    Mil gracias!! Como hablás castellano, te contesto, el juego està muy bueno, pero todavìa me cuesta un poco dominar las pistas y resolverlo... estoy atrapado en la parte de agarrar un barril de sopa y hay que empujar la puerta para ir a la cocina... estuve leyendo la guìa oficial del juego, con ayuda del traductor de google, pero no me alcanza... :D en fin, voy a investigar si hay alguna guìa traducida para encontrarle la vuelta al asunto o si vos podès darme alguna idea.

Saludos!

OctavioA
    Argentina

No hay problema. Aunque yo hable en Español, la amplia mayoría del Foro habla en Inglés, así que sugeriría una traducción en el post como cortesía para la comunidad :D.
    Para esa parte, necesitas que Emmett haga una traba para que la puerta se mantenga abierta y las mesas niveladas. Ya que Emmett empiece a pensar en el dispositivo, aléjate de Emmett hasta que diga "Eureka" y regresa. La traba estará hecha. Ya que CueBall muestre cómo usar el tubo para que la repisa vaya al sótano, golpea el tubo con la grabadora. Edna vendrá y se llevará el barril correcto, ya sólo tienes que convencerla de llevarla a la Mansión Brown.

---

No problem. But even if I speak Spanish, most of the community speaks English, so I'd suggest a translation in your post as a courtesy for everyone else :D
    For that part, you'll need Emmett to do a doorstop, so that the door remains open and the tables propped up. When Emmett starts thinking of the contraption, get away from him until he says "Eureka", then come back. The doorstop will be in its place. When CueBall shows how to use the pipe to make the shelf go down to the basement, hit the pipe with the recorder. Edna will go in and take the correct barrel, now you only need to convince her to take it to Brown Residence.
  • edited June 2011
    En España nos gustaría tener el juego pero, ¿vendrá o no?
    Yo lo compraría, sólo he jugado al 1er episodio y me he quedado con ganas de más.
  • edited June 2011
    Hoooolaaa
  • edited March 2012
    I cannot find the password to unrar that. Where can I find it? Can you help me please?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.