Subtítulos? Translated: Subtitles? (This thread is in Spanish)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I have to say I was surprised by the fact that German was picked over Spanish.
  • edited December 2010
    maybe telltale "analyzed" in which countries their game are bought the most.

and germany is well-known for creating (and also buying) a lot of adventure games
  • edited December 2010
    Sottotitoli italiani, subito!

Whoops, this is the spanish one. Anyone knows where is the italian topic for subtitles?
  • OMAOMA
    edited December 2010
    You can create your own topic if you wish (not that it will make any difference, though)
  • edited December 2010
    tobar wrote: »
    I have to say I was surprised by the fact that German was picked over Spanish.

Germany is like the biggest market for Adventure games in the world, they love these games there, some even getting boxed releases and going on to do well retail wise to.
  • edited December 2010
    Not to mention that the increase in Spanish customers for a PC, download-only adventure game would be ridiculously low, as in, probably not even doubling the few of us who purchased it regardless. The PS3 version would benefit more from a translation, but oh well.
  • edited December 2010
    No spanish? ==> Do not buy. Just that!
  • edited December 2010
    Complaining about no Spanish is the new complaining about no Xbox...
  • edited December 2010
    gczobel wrote: »
    No spanish? ==> Do not buy. Just that!

Yes, now we know your entire English vocabulary is just that.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah the whole thing seems to be like, uh, "Learn english, and do not complain"
    That would be fair (but, no, it isn't at all), if the game wasn't translated in French and German.
    We have a major title translated in 3 of the five european common languages, which also include spanish and italian.
    How that would be fair?
  • edited December 2010
    Or they just made french (because of canada) and german (because it's the number 1 market for adventure games) BEFORE, and plan to add spanish and maybe italian in the future.
  • edited December 2010
    According to his other post the thread starter is 41... and I'd say posting random rage-threads is not very common for someone that age...

BTTF brings out the best in all of us :)
  • edited December 2010
    No bavarian, no buy, so samma!
  • edited December 2010
    No Swabian? ==> No käufle. So isch des!
  • edited December 2010
    whats "oberfränkisch" in english? damn.....
  • edited December 2010
    Don't even make me start about Turkish.

Satın almayın. Sadece bu!
  • edited December 2010
    @Laserschwert
    Wußtest Du, dass es den Artikel des auch nur bei uns gibt? :O)
  • edited December 2010
    Δεν ετοιμάζουν ελληνική έκδοση; Αίσχος!!!
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Δεν ετοιμάζουν ελληνική έκδοση; Αίσχος!!!
    WoW! Another compatriot !
    Also here's the translation :They are not preparing a greek version? That's shameful!!!
  • edited December 2010
    WoW! Another compatriot !
    Also here's the translation :They are not preparing a greek version? That's shameful!!!

Hehe. I m greek too, but just imagining Guybrush speaking in greek... oh my god!!! Dominic Armato is doing too much of a fine job to even begin imagining G-brush speaking in anything else than english.
  • edited December 2010
    The spanish people here don't ask for a complete version in spanish... if only had spanish subtitles I would go for it. But it's not.

Have fun all what you want, people!
  • edited December 2010
    I guess from now on all Telltale games should only be produced in Esperanto. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    holmja wrote: »
    I guess from now on all Telltale games should only be produced in Esperanto. ;)
    Spanish is the second most natively spoken language, so you could see why some people may ask for a translation. I find making fun of that a bit silly.
  • edited December 2010
    Newblade wrote: »
    Spanish is the second most natively spoken language, so you could see why some people may ask for a translation. I find making fun of that a bit silly.

Well, I haven't seen a Mandarin version either.

It's about expectations. I can't say people who speak Spanish (and only Spanish) are as obsessed with videogames as people who speak English.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Well, I haven't seen a Mandarin version either.

It's about expectations. I can't say people who speak Spanish (and only Spanish) are as obsessed with videogames as people who speak English.

You haven't seen a Mandarin version because there is no market for it. But there is one for a Spanish version, that may not be as huge as the French or German market, but certainly stirs enough interest as in to motivate a group of fans to translate it for free.

There is a tradition of adventure games translated into Spanish.
  • edited December 2010
    不用中文?==> 就不买。就是这样!
  • edited December 2010
    You haven't seen a Mandarin version because there is no market for it. But there is one for a Spanish version, that may not be as huge as the French or German market, but certainly stirs enough interest as in to motivate a group of fans to translate it for free.

Well, thanks for standing on the point I was trying to make. It's simply that they don't see the Spanish market as a big enough of an income source.

Plus, they just started dubbing and subtitling their games in languages other than English and German (which was also subtitle only), so I think this is understandable for a first attempt.
  • edited December 2010

There is a tradition of adventure games translated into Spanish.

First you get pouty because people are "making fun" and you even singled me out even though I was snarking at the Greek, Turkish, and Bavarian requests, but you'll dismiss Mandarin just like that. 谢谢 for the nice double standard.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, thanks for standing on the point I was trying to make. It's simply that they don't see the Spanish market as a big enough of an income source.

Plus, they just started dubbing and subtitling their games in languages other than English and German (which was also subtitle only), so I think this is understandable for a first attempt.

mmmh... Falanca, in Spain we have translated all games from Lucasarts, since Zak McCracken passing through the Monkey Island Saga, Grim Fandango, Indiana Jones games, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, etc... and Lucasarts never complained about the poor market here.

That is NOT a valid argument. Think another thing, my friend! ;)
  • edited December 2010
    There is a Greek Turkish?
  • edited December 2010

I wasn't trying to deny your point. What I'm trying to say is that asking to translate the game into Spanish isn't as odd as asking to translate it into Esperanto.
    First you get pouty because people are "making fun" and you even singled me out even though I was snarking at the Greek Turkish, and Bavarian requests, but you'll dismiss Mandarin just like that. 谢谢 for the nice double standard.

I didn't feel like quoting everybody. Regarding Mandarin, there are no previous adventure games translated into that language, but there are quite a lot translated into Spanish, that's why some people take it for granted.
  • edited December 2010
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    mmmh... Falanca, in Spain we have translated all games from Lucasarts, since Zak McCracken passing through the Monkey Island Saga, Grim Fandango, Indiana Jones games, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, etc... and Lucasarts never complained about the poor market here.

That is NOT a valid argument. Think another thing, my friend! ;)

If anything yours is not valid, because it's not even objective in the first place. Your location info gives it away. Keep in mind I'm not trying to huddle my way up to the argument, I'm actually trying to list out the facts.

Because Lucasarts is a MASSIVE developer company and their money is also equally massive compared to Telltale's limited budget.
  • edited December 2010
    There is a Greek Turkish?

Sorry, missed a comma. Should be Greek, Turkish.
  • edited December 2010
    I wasn't trying to deny your point. What I'm trying to say is that asking to translate the game into Spanish isn't as odd as asking to translate it into Esperanto.

Of course it's not. The thing that's being made fun here is the OP's way of demanding it, not the language itself.
  • edited December 2010

Except I didn't ask to have it translated into Esperanto!?
  • edited December 2010

Heck, I want that.
  • edited December 2010
    I know you were making a ridiculous claim as a joke.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry, missed a comma. Should be Greek, Turkish.

You got me wondering, dude. I was like "The communication between people in Cyprus actually goes better so much that they invented a new language that's mixture of two?"
  • edited December 2010

interesa rakonto, amiko.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.