TF2 Item Trading Thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    At least he didn't call it the bunny hat or the Sam hat. My friend gets pretty ticked off when people do that.

Also, I'd love to try all the new weapons and trade for them, but TF2 refuses to even start on my compute ever since the Australian Christmas update. I am very sad about this.
  • edited December 2010
    PSI Guy wrote: »
    At least he didn't call it the bunny hat or the Sam hat. My friend gets pretty ticked off when people do that.

Also, I'd love to try all the new weapons and trade for them, but TF2 refuses to even start on my compute ever since the Australian Christmas update. I am very sad about this.

Better than my computer which starts up every 10 freakin trys.
    And is more prone to gravity than a guy falling off of a cliff.
    I swear my laptop is suicidal.
  • edited December 2010
    Looking for Unusual Le Party Phantom w/Burning Fire effect
  • edited December 2010
    redm wrote: »
    Looking for Unusual Le Party Phantom w/Burning Fire effect

Party Phantom is the rarest unusual. Do you have any idea how much they are worth? Especially with such a good effect.
  • edited December 2010
    hello folks,

i fell in love with the severed head and would really love to have one on my spy.

i would give you half life 2 on steam for it and probably something else additionally aswell

if you are interested,i would be glad if you contacted me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/KaiserAlexander

ps. the poker game was awesome :)

update,willing to give you an unused aion cd-key(basically aion including the 30 day free gametime) for max head
  • edited December 2010
    Party Phantom is the rarest unusual. Do you have any idea how much they are worth? Especially with such a good effect.

update: I'm not looking for one anymore my unusual blighted beak w/sunbeams looks pretty good w/maxes severed head :cool:
  • edited December 2010
    Tradeing my Medic mask (not the halloween one) for a blighted beak.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi,

I have the following offer:
    - Gentle Manne's Service Medal Nr. 7171 (even though it is 4-digit, it is a cool, easy to remember number),
    - Bill's hat,
    - Vintage Hustler's Hallmar,
    - Vintage Ze Goggles,
    - Vintage Hotrod,
    - Lumbricus Lid,
    - Le Party Phantom,
    - Physician's Procedure Mask,
    - Vintage Killing Floor set (Facade and Scarf),

for Max's head or good unusual (not interested in Flies (except Beak with Flies), Confetti, or TF2 Logo effects).

Note: I am not interested in (non-)vintage hats, metal, keys, or other unrelated offers.

Current offers:
    - Buckaroos hat with Searing Plasma;
    - Unusual Black Magistrate's Mullet w/Vivid Plasma,
    - Rag with Ghosts,
    - Mongolian with Purple Energy.

Add me on Steam to discuss or trade:
    My Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005708725/
  • edited January 2011
    ur in the wrong place pal
  • edited February 2011
    TF2 item trading thread.

It's the right place. Just the thread is in the wrong section.
  • edited February 2011
    Does anybody want to trade Max's Severed Head for Poker Visor in Team Fortress 2?
  • edited February 2011
    Oh goodie, another TF2 fanboy who didnt think of seeing if there wasnt already a thread discussing this.

Seriously.
  • edited February 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Oh goodie, another TF2 fanboy who didnt think of seeing if there wasnt already a thread discussing this.

Seriously.

Oh, crap I always ignore the stickies. I'm sorry.
  • edited February 2011
    Max's head worths around 3-4 Poker Visor I believe...
  • edited February 2011
    Oh, crap I always ignore the stickies. I'm sorry.

You should be more careful against Demomen then. :p
  • edited February 2011
    Also, Poker Visor? Wow, you're not very good at ripping us off.
  • edited February 2011
    Poker Visor was a preorder deal for a cheap game.

Max head is worth roughly 10 times as much.
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Max's head worths around 3-4 Poker Visor I believe...

Roughly 10 because Poker Night is 10 times cheaper then Season 3.
  • edited February 2011
    7 times. But that's not the only part of the item's value. The Severed Head had no other link to TF2, so less TF2 players bought it. The hat also was handed out before trading went up, so people didn't buy the game just to have the "value" of the hat, if someone bought it for the hat it was because they intended to keep it as part of their personal "collection" or because they actually liked the rabbit hat. This along with the higher price of Season Three leads to there being far less Max's Severed Heads than, say, Poker Visors. Also, why would you need more than 1 Poker Visor?
  • edited February 2011
    In short, Max heads are a lot rarer.
  • edited February 2011
    I'll never understand why people is so obsessed with hats oò
  • edited February 2011
    Vyse220 wrote: »
    I'll never understand why people is so obsessed with hats oò

People are obsessed with hats because it's so valuable. And it's so valuable people get obsessed with it. It's the ultimate cycle of Gabe Newell.
  • edited February 2011
    In short, Max heads are a lot rarer.

When it comes down to rarity based on the community, the Max Head is the rarest and most valuable hat in the game at this point, besides Unusuals and the HOUWAW (Hat of undeniable wealth and wisdom).
  • edited February 2011
    It took me a few weeks but I finally got a Big Kill, i traded a few things for Earbuds and a friend gave me a bills hat and a Christmass tree
    I'm happy with the gun, but it's really annoniying how some people think you're dumb and tyr to scam you (someone even got mad because I wasn't trading it)
    Also it's sad how people just get the Max severed head as a status item or for it's trading value, while people who want the head just because they like the hat or love the Sam & Max games don't have big chances of getting one, Sometimes I hate the Community of the TF2, at first people was whinning for the unfitting "bunny ears" after some weeks of the Mannconomy uptade almost everybody wanted a Max head
  • edited February 2011
    Y2Zero wrote: »
    The sam hat and big kill is what i want.
    How much would they go for?

You are not alone who wanted it...........
  • edited February 2011
    Want Triboniophorus Tyrannus and/or Physician's Procedure Mask. Another Max's Head for my Fiance would be good too, rest of S&M items would be good too for her aswell.
  • edited February 2011
    Trading a Stainless Pot to anyone who gives me a black paint and 2 name tags.
  • edited April 2011
    Hi guys, I'd like to buy videogames for someone which can give me Sam and Max set for TF2. >.< I can go first for your safe!
  • edited April 2011
    Does anybody want to trade Max's Severed Head for Poker Visor in Team Fortress 2?

Ill trade you MY steam ID : CounterYossef

I am a Fan of Sam and Max's
    and i miss the offer wonder if someone will tarde me their maxs or give it to me free on TF2 I will be very happy thanks you :)

-thanks
  • edited May 2011
    Hello,

I would like the Sam & Max hat. I would give you the steamgift "Greed Corp".

My profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nussi13
  • edited May 2011
    God, you guys just joined to try to scam people out of their items.

Someone just lock this thread already.
  • edited May 2011
    Man, my friend stole my Max hat the other day, I'm so pissed off at him! He's not giving it back!

There's no chance that out of all of you lovely people on these forums there's SOMEONE who doesn't use their hat and would be willing to trade?
  • edited June 2011
    WOW. Its really messed up all these *bleeps* begging for max hats. obvisous scams.

I Started Playing tf2 ........Played poker night at the inventory(had no idea who those charcters were)............Joined telltale for the back to the future forums....saw all the S&m stufff............ Bought All S&M seasons on steam through a very nice deal.........Now to make the full circle: I WANT A MAX HAT IN tf2!!

But after reading this thread I'm kinda sickened by the scammers.
    So basiclly i just wanted to share I ONLY WANTED A MAX HAT AFTER I learned who Max was. Thank you.
  • edited June 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    So basiclly i just wanted to share I ONLY WANTED A MAX HAT AFTER I learned who Max was. Thank you.

Congratulations, good sir, you are now part of the lucrative cohort of people who don't play TF2 for mindless hat collecting! Well done!
  • edited June 2011
    Congratulations, good sir, you are now part of the lucrative cohort of people who don't play TF2 for mindless hat collecting! Well done!

I don't have as much control as you think. lol But nevertheless Sam and max is Awesome and snice I am a fan of both Games It would be nice to have that hat.
  • edited June 2011
    Anyone want to swap my team Spirit Gentlemen's Gatsby for the same hat but painted white?

I'd also accept 2 refined and 2 reclaimed OR a Crocleather Slouch.
  • edited June 2011
    hawkofrawk wrote: »
    I'd also accept 2 refined and 2 reclaimed OR a Crocleather Slouch.
    You are funny guy, ya know.
  • edited June 2011
    Hi everyone, I am looking for a Max's Severed Head, not for me, but for a very important friend of mine who is a huge Sam and Max fan. He was unable to get the hat from the pre-order. I just started playing TF2, so I don't have anything to trade, but I would be eternally grateful if I could get one from someone. It would be one of the most awesome things ever. Thank you for looking.
  • edited July 2011
    It's rarer than diamonds :P
  • edited August 2011
    I recently joined TF2 as a Free-to-Player (Yes, I admit, I'm sort of a TF2 n00b), so I decided to revisit some of the old offers I was eligible for when I respectively ordered Sam and Max Season 3 and Poker Night at the inventory. Luckily I manged to find the old offers and redeem them on Steam. As a result of my search, I am now the owner of a Big Kill Revolver, Two Lugermorph Pistols (One Vintage and one new), The Max Hat, Heavy's Dealer Visor, The License to Maim, The Dangeresque Too Glasses, The Iron Curtain Minigun, and Tycho's Pac-Man Watch.

I had not even realized it and by being a regular Telltale Consumer, I am the owner of the ultimate collection of Telltale Items. I would be willing to trade one of my Lugermorphs, but as a Free-to-Player, I am ineligible to trade.

By the Way, while we're on the discussion of items, does anyone know how I can get a key without buying one? I've got like five fucking Mann Co. Crates and no way to open them.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.