Will there be an announcement when S3 DVD ships? [It's shipped :) ]

edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
If so, will it be on the site, or also emailed to us?

Or, do people just start posting excitedly when they start receiving it?

I'm new to backorders here so I don't know how it works. (And, what can I say, I know it's still October, but I am excited, and I just had to ask!)

Thank you! :)

ETA: For some reason I don't receive newsletters or anything (and no they're not in my spam folder) so if that's the way to find out I guess I'd better work harder on that.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    When it ships, you'll recieve an email notification, in addition to the ability to see that your order has shipped from the My Telltale page.
  • edited October 2010
    When it ships, you'll recieve an email notification, in addition to the ability to see that your order has shipped from the My Telltale page.

Thank you.

If anyone has received notification or a shipping status, I'd love to know, October being over and all.

Thanks again. :)
  • edited October 2010
    mrskittens wrote: »
    Thank you.

If anyone has received notification or a shipping status, I'd love to know, October being over and all.

Thanks again. :)

It's in final mastering now, and is expected to begin shipping within a week or so.
  • edited October 2010
    Kinda hoping that the $34.95 version will have something extra compared to the current $9.95 one on sale. Came back to the site today and found everything's been heavily discounted from about a month after I placed my order in April!

I've got a JoWood edition of Sam & Max season 1 with the poster, and the Telltale seasons 1 and 2 DVDs, looking forward to completing the collection. Maybe I'll see if I can pick up JoWood releases of season 2 and 3 if they're available just for completeness' sake :)
  • edited October 2010
    It's in final mastering now, and is expected to begin shipping within a week or so.

Thanks, I appreciate the update!

Yay!

:D
  • edited October 2010
    Reefie wrote: »
    Kinda hoping that the $34.95 version will have something extra compared to the current $9.95 one on sale. Came back to the site today and found everything's been heavily discounted from about a month after I placed my order in April!

Sadly no, but that is just the luck of the draw:p
    Hey, im with you though.
  • edited November 2010
    It's good to hear it will be shipping soon. I ordered Sam and Max Seasons 1-3, Strong Bad and Tales of Monkey Island on DVD mid September and was wondering when they would be despatched. :)
  • edited November 2010
    I'll let you know when they start shipping.
  • edited November 2010

What step is it at on submission?
  • edited November 2010

Thank you so much! While I enjoy perusing the site at leisure, it will be great to get a reply to this thread rather than having to check daily just to learn the status (which I do; I am eager!)

You guys rock!

:D
  • edited November 2010
    a rough estimate would be nice.
  • edited November 2010
    Nice, I was wondering about that too - I got all 3 seasons plus the old TV show ordered a while back waiting for it too, so it's good to know that we'll know when its coming. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Laserkid wrote: »
    Nice, I was wondering about that too - I got all 3 seasons plus the old TV show ordered a while back waiting for it too, so it's good to know that we'll know when its coming. :D

Dang, some one got the load of sam and max.

Have fun deciding what to play first(like me when my curse of monkey island arrived the same day lair of the levaithan was released)
  • edited November 2010
    Oh I got the big pack or whatever its called so I'm already playing my downloaded copies, but I'm a stickler for owning physical copies when I can :D

I am now off to see Beelzebub ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Laserkid wrote: »
    oh i got the big pack or whatever its called so i'm already playing my downloaded copies, but i'm a stickler for owning physical copies when i can :d

i am now off to see beelzebub ;)

the soda poppers did it!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    At this rate, it will be lucky if we can even receive it by Christmas (with the mail peak season coming up soon).
  • edited November 2010
    Just a mail today about this.
    TT Support wrote:
    support@telltalegames.com aan mij
    details weergeven 21:52 (2 uren geleden)
    Hi Ryan,

The discs were supposed to be in the first week of November but we still don't have them. The company that makes them for us says they should be in this month. I'm sorry that's all the information I have right now.

Thanks,

Amy
  • edited November 2010
    Rynelan wrote: »
    Just a mail today about this.

Hmm, so it's not TTG's fault at all. Interesting.
  • edited November 2010
    Wow, I'm happy I didn't place an order right away when the season finished.
    The discs still haven't shipped and now I get FREE SHIPPING!!!
    Wooh!
    Let's hope the Book of Grickle backorder is due the same time the Season 3 dvd is...
  • edited November 2010
    Haha, same here Joop! ;)
  • edited November 2010
    How do you get free shipping?

Edit: Did you mean the "free shipping if value is 50$ ore more" offer?
  • edited November 2010
    First they said sometime in October, then sometime in November...THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH, TELLTALE. HAVE YOU SHIPPED THEM YET?

Sorry, I'm just getting impatient. I really, really want my DVD...
  • edited November 2010
    Redirect your anger at the company printing the DVDs >.>
  • edited November 2010
    Huh, I had no idea this was even up. And free shipping this time? That's cool.

Thanks Telltale, just made my order and I look forward to getting it.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, be glad we don't have one big 40 page "where's the disc" and 12 new threads per day on the subject like with ToMI...
  • Hey, I just got free shipping on the season 3 disc as well. Because it was the only thing in my basket and shipping was free, my order was $0.00. This presented a problem because the only way to proceed with my order was to send them their $0.00. Paypal wouldn't let me do that so I had to send them 1p in the end.

Telltale ripped me off! I am rage!
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, I just got free shipping on the season 3 disc as well. Because it was the only thing in my basket and shipping was free, my order was $0.00. This presented a problem because the only way to proceed with my order was to send them their $0.00. Paypal wouldn't let me do that so I had to send them 1p in the end.

Could have just added in a Case File for good measure, and hey a fellow Mancunian!
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, I just got free shipping on the season 3 disc as well. Because it was the only thing in my basket and shipping was free, my order was $0.00. This presented a problem because the only way to proceed with my order was to send them their $0.00. Paypal wouldn't let me do that so I had to send them 1p in the end.

How is this a rip-off when most of us paid full price for shipping?

Or am I missing a joke? :o
  • edited December 2010
    I don't get it - how do you all have "free shipping"? How can I get it, too?
  • Ash735 wrote: »
    Could have just added in a Case File for good measure, and hey a fellow Mancunian!

Ah, could have done! Damn.

Also, hey!
    mrskittens wrote: »
    How is this a rip-off when most of us paid full price for shipping?

Or am I missing a joke? :o

Well my bill was $0.00, but I had to pay 1p to get paypal to process it.
    It was just a bit of sarcasm (i.e. I'm not at all annoyed).
    MarkoH01 wrote: »

I dunno... I just went to checkout and when it came time to choose shipping one of the options in the list was 'FREE SHIPPING'.
  • edited December 2010
    MarkoH01 wrote: »

It's the free shipping on orders of $50+ thing that's going on right now.
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    It's the free shipping on orders of $50+ thing that's going on right now.

Apparently not only then, because Sir had a basket of $0 which wouldn't go through until he added something. As in:

Also, hey!

Well my bill was $0.00, but I had to pay 1p to get paypal to process it.
    It was just a bit of sarcasm (i.e. I'm not at all annoyed).

Which leads me to, thank you, Sir. :D
  • edited December 2010
    I dunno... I just went to checkout and when it came time to choose shipping one of the options in the list was 'FREE SHIPPING'.

Hey - thank you very much. It was too late for S+M (I paid that a loooong time ago) but I've just ordered ToMI DVD and also had the free shipping option. Paid 0,00$ via Credit Card :)
  • edited December 2010
    I'm kind of pissed off that I was so impatient for something that would end up taking forever to ship, since if I'd just waited I could've gotten free shipping too. BUT HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN?!?!
  • edited December 2010
    Past experiences?

And the $0,- free shipping sounds like a bug... Hope it works out for you guys though 0_0.
  • edited December 2010
    If it's a bug I don't mind paying shipping later on. It's a weird bug though since $0 can't possible be $50. Who knows?

Anyway I am glad I now know about the DVD and look forward to getting it. I don't know why people are super rushed about it though, you can play the games through download for the time being.
  • edited December 2010
    There were people saying "Even if the original price was over $50,- it's free even when it goes belong $50"... probably the same issue at work.

Seems to just grant everyone free shipping, not those who fit the conditions ($50,- +).
    Don't ask me why though...
  • edited December 2010
    Ya, I think their supplier is having some production problems. I'd like to think we'd get our DVDs by end of December.

HI ALL !!!
  • edited December 2010
    Anyway I am glad I now know about the DVD and look forward to getting it. I don't know why people are super rushed about it though, you can play the games through download for the time being.

Because I can't wait to see the extras (comentaries, Trailers etc.).
  • edited December 2010
    Hmm I wonder what is going on at the printing place thingie.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.