Will there be an announcement when S3 DVD ships? [It's shipped :) ]

Comments

• edited December 2010
    No, mine sat there for 3 weeks but was finally despatched on Friday. So, all it needs to do is be packed aboard an aeroplane and flown to Heath- oh, drat.

AJB

I wouldn't have thought that air mail goes through Heathrow, only passengers. I'd be reasonably confident that its gone to one of the other, smaller airports that are also closed.
  • edited December 2010
    Still warehouse too. And country disrupted by snow. And the postal strike.

*Triple sigh*
  • edited December 2010
    Mine still says in warehouse as well... but I actually have it already.
  • edited December 2010
    Still waiting for mine. I sometimes find myself thinking 'Did I really preorder it? I'm not sure anymore...' and I have to look at my orders list to remind myself.
  • edited December 2010
    Are there any subtitles this time?
  • edited December 2010
    Dispatch notice BOOYAH! Thanks Telltale for that early Christmas Pressie. Now let's see how many weeks it takes to arrive aye? It took almost 2 weeks for something from freaking EXETER to arrive this week, so if post within the country is screwed, I can only imagine how bad international will be.
  • edited December 2010
    Mine's still in the warehouse, but I've also got Sam & Max Season One DVD on the same order, and that's backordered so it's holding it up.
  • edited December 2010
    can someone tell me how awesome the dvd is?
  • edited December 2010
    can someone tell me how awesome the dvd is?

Rest assured that it will undoubtedly be pretty damn awesome. I can't guarantee anything, though, I'm no doctor. Plus mine hasn't arrived yet.
  • edited December 2010
    Finally got my DVD & Poster Set in today, and I was pretty dissappointed to see that the plastic over the back cover is ripped, plus there's a decent sized crack in the actual case. :/
    I've been out all day and haven't had a chance to actually watch the DVD yet, but I'm pretty sure once I pop it in I'll forget all about the case problems.
  • edited December 2010
    Ouch, that sucks about the case Lombre.
  • edited December 2010
    Anyone manage to find concept art of the DVDs yet? I'm hoping to find some, but I haven't exhausted all the commentaries and trailers yet, so I can wait.
  • edited December 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Ouch, that sucks about the case Lombre.

Very. I'm tempted to see if I can get a replacement case...
  • edited December 2010
    Anyone manage to find concept art of the DVDs yet? I'm hoping to find some, but I haven't exhausted all the commentaries and trailers yet, so I can wait.

D'you mean concept art on the DVD, like, stuff we haven't seen? Or concept art of the DVD itself? :P
  • edited December 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    D'you mean concept art on the DVD, like, stuff we haven't seen? Or concept art of the DVD itself? :P

The first one. The DVDs from the previous two seasons had collections of never before seen concept art, and I was hoping to see Season Three's concept art on the DVD.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh what? Why did I not throw this onto one of my three orders with free shipping this month. >_>
  • edited December 2010
    Fazz wrote: »
    Are there any subtitles this time?
    Can anyone answer to this, please?
  • edited December 2010
    Uh, curious - region-specific DVD coding. Does that apply, or is it just the game with special features added on, as opposed to the game with a DVD?
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    Uh, curious - region-specific DVD coding. Does that apply, or is it just the game with special features added on, as opposed to the game with a DVD?

The disc is region free and contains both the game and DVD video content.
  • edited December 2010
    T-that's it? That's all the concept art that's included? The previous DVDs had mounds upon mounds of unreleased concept art from every episode. This season's just got 11 pieces that are available right from Telltale's VIP site.
    Where's Charlie Ho-Tep? Or that Statue of Liberty concept art that was mentioned in the BtAotD commentary? I can't help but feel a little cheated here.
  • edited December 2010
    Haha. No seriously, got two copies. I was confused I was like... is this other one a bonus disc?!
  • edited December 2010
    @ lombre; must be the disc suffering from being PC and Mac compatible. Same thing happened with the ToMI disc.

That's the price of supporting Mac users :(.
  • edited December 2010
    @ lombre; must be the disc suffering from being PC and Mac compatible. Same thing happened with the ToMI disc.

DAMN YOU MAC PEOPLE!
    I'm kidding, but it's still disappointing. If someone from Telltale happens to be reading this, could you at least post the unseen concept art here in the forum so we can see it?
  • edited December 2010

Pfft, if it's not bad enough that Mac users are content to buy sub par equipment at extortionate prices they're now affecting bonus DvD content too!

Truely their evil knows no bounds.
  • edited December 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    Pfft, if it's not bad enough that Mac users are content to buy sub par equipment at extortionate prices they're now affecting bonus DvD content too!

Truely their evil knows no bounds.

I'll get the pitchforks you get the torches? :D
  • edited December 2010
    But there's subtitles on the extras or not?!!
  • edited December 2010
    I'm getting rather bored of waiting now my order has been on "submitted to the warehouse" for weeks.
  • edited December 2010
    Funny how my earlier order that had S3 DVD is still seen to be in warehouse (I believe it is in fact not) but I got the "shipped" mail of the other stuff I recently ordered.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Funny how my earlier order that had S3 DVD is still seen to be in warehouse (I believe it is in fact not) but I got the "shipped" mail of the other stuff I recently ordered.

Same here, even more worrying is that an order that has shipped has now said that for a month, I'm starting to think that perhaps somethings got lost.
  • edited December 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Same here, even more worrying is that an order that has shipped has now said that for a month, I'm starting to think that perhaps somethings got lost.

Same thing here, but I'm in italy, so I think it's normal o_o
  • edited December 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »

Use ur head.

US had some snow issues and the UK snow issues covered all of december up til xmas, which meant most airports were shut a lot. Then xmas hols delays mail.

Airmail is bound to be backlogged.
  • edited December 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    I'm getting rather bored of waiting now my order has been on "submitted to the warehouse" for weeks.
    Mine said the same thing but I got it this past week.
  • edited December 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Use ur head.

US had some snow issues and the UK snow issues covered all of december up til xmas, which meant most airports were shut a lot. Then xmas hols delays mail.

Airmail is bound to be backlogged.

You're most likely right, just getting worried, usually in the most extreme cases I've never had to wait more than 3 weeks for a delivery from another country, so pushing over the 4th into the 5th is somewhat "WHERE THE HELL IS IT?" Territory.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't care what the hell the reason is, I JUST WANT MY GODDAM DVD NOW.

Okay, I seriously need to calm down...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    T-that's it? That's all the concept art that's included? The previous DVDs had mounds upon mounds of unreleased concept art from every episode. This season's just got 11 pieces that are available right from Telltale's VIP site.
    Where's Charlie Ho-Tep? Or that Statue of Liberty concept art that was mentioned in the BtAotD commentary? I can't help but feel a little cheated here.

Sorry that the concept selection is so skimpy this year. I didn't ever get a chance to look that over so i didn't know there were so few images included. I'll see if i can at least throw a few new images up on a thread here so people can look at some stuff.
  • edited December 2010
    I ordered 3 DVDs at the end of October and I still haven't received them. I understand the delay but I wish they didn't charge customers until they ship orders so that we will know when they ship.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, my poster arrived today, but no DVD yet. I guess it really DID ship on the 16th then.
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Sorry that the concept selection is so skimpy this year. I didn't ever get a chance to look that over so i didn't know there were so few images included. I'll see if i can at least throw a few new images up on a thread here so people can look at some stuff.

Please and thank you. The DVDs were famous for including concept art that we couldn't find online, and it seems like a shame that we fans couldn't get that little reward for purchasing and playing through the entire season. The extra concept art was something I looked forward to ever since the DVD was released (Especially the ancestors of the Bosco family with their cow and chicken, coming from the old country).
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »

That would be great, Jake. I mean, I don't mind not having concept art of things like the Max animations and such that were included in Season 2's DVD, but it'd be nice to see some art of the new characters and locations of this season.
  • edited January 2011
    I paid for the shipping for Season 3 disc 31st Aug and still no game arrive yet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.