Will there be Team Fortress 2 Items?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »
    Will the Dangeresque Too's Glasses be a Misc item? So i can use it with my Purple Hallmark

Yep :D I want the License to Maim right this moment, Oh God, two months ago I wanted this game so bad, now with all these bets being raised, and an excellent story unfolding, OH GOD I NEED IT NOW!!!! : :D :D :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    Wait, I spot a goof. Those shades don't belong to Dangeresque. They belong to Dangeresque, too?

Oh wait, now I get why they're for the Demoman. They're supposed to be like Kanye West shades, right?

Given that the Sniper by default basically has the Dangeresque shades, and the Heavy can already unlock similar ones, it made sense to do the Dangeresque, Too? glasses as the unlock for Strong Bad.
  • edited November 2010
    Will purchasing from Telltale just be a code to unlock it on steam? I've got some money leftover in my Steam wallet thingy and if that's the case I may as well just buy on there.
  • edited November 2010
    Will purchasing from Telltale just be a code to unlock it on steam? I've got some money leftover in my Steam wallet thingy and if that's the case I may as well just buy on there.

Apparently, yes (Read the first page!)
  • edited November 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    what if you do not have TF2

1) Go here.
    2) Insert money into computer.
    3) Enjoy.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh here is something.

It says that to earn the items, you have to win them within the game.

Now I know that you are trying well on the whole both ways system for steam. So basicaly will it be
    A.Get a code for steam, then play that version for the weps.
    B.You will get a code for the weps. on the telltale version.
    C.Both.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    All customers will get the TF2 items, both TTG direct customers and Steam customers.

Does this apply to only the unlockables? Or both the unlockables and the pre-order visor?
  • edited November 2010
    When do we get the codes for Steam?
  • edited November 2010
    Coolgamer wrote: »
    When do we get the codes for Steam?

I think we already got the codes for steam, when we purchased it. Didn't we?

I'm more curious as to where we go to claim the items when the game finally comes out. If we have to win them in game, I'm totally fine with that too, just want to know how they'll be transferred to our steam account if we have purchased on TTG.
  • edited November 2010
    Carnage(^) wrote: »
    I think we already got the codes for steam, when we purchased it. Didn't we?

If they gave us a steam code for the game then I don't know where it is since it's not in my email.

I preordered it from PAX, and registered the code I got on the TTG site.

That code did not work on Steam when I tried it prior.
  • edited November 2010
    I ordered it from Telltale. I'm expecting a code just like when I got Sam and Max from Telltale.
  • edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »
    No you shouldn't. It'd make it common.

It would follow the CURSE!!!!

Although I want to know how Tycho got it back...
  • edited November 2010
    We are getting them if we preordered on telltale like with the Devil's Playhouse, correct?

wait...we can get the devil's playhouse items if we preordered on TTG??? i thought this was steam only? what do i need to do to get it???
    edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Oh here is something.

It says that to earn the items, you have to win them within the game.

Now I know that you are trying well on the whole both ways system for steam. So basicaly will it be
    A.Get a code for steam, then play that version for the weps.
    B.You will get a code for the weps. on the telltale version.
    C.Both.

The Telltale version uses Steamworks just like the Steam versions. Weapon unlocks are keyed to Steam achievements (when you win an item within Poker Night, it gives you an achievement, which TF2 looks at and says "ah you have earned that item!" and gives it to you).
  • edited November 2010
    shref wrote: »
    wait...we can get the devil's playhouse items if we preordered on TTG??? i thought this was steam only? what do i need to do to get it???
    The link worked as of a few days ago(hell, I made a post with a link to it on the 29th), but it just redirects to the main page now. It was here.
  • edited November 2010
    The link worked as of a few days ago(hell, I made a post with a link to it on the 29th), but it just redirects to the main page now. It was here.

yeah, it does the same for me :(
  • edited November 2010
    The Telltale version uses Steamworks just like the Steam versions. Weapon unlocks are keyed to Steam achievements (when you win an item within Poker Night, it gives you an achievement, which TF2 looks at and says "ah you have earned that item!" and gives it to you).

if i knew that, i would have bought from here instead of steam since TTG would get to keep more of the $$$ lol :P
  • edited November 2010
    Well the items really seem to sell the game.

NOPE1.png

Not my blotter but mine looks just the same.
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Well the items really seem to sell the game.

NOPE1.png

Not my blotter but mine looks just the same.

this doesnt surprise me at all. people who play tf2 go batshit crazy over items/hats
  • edited November 2010
    Get your pre-order poker visor here!

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor

Make sure you're logged in to your TTG account when you do so.
  • edited November 2010
    shref wrote: »
    yeah, it does the same for me :(
    Aaaand it's back up again.
  • edited November 2010
    Get your pre-order poker visor here!

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor

Make sure you're logged in to your TTG account when you do so.

So this add the game to the steam library or just add the visor to tf2?
  • edited November 2010
    bisley wrote: »
    So this add the game to the steam library or just add the visor to tf2?

it would seem to be just the visor
    edited November 2010
    Just adds a visor
  • edited November 2010
    I'm glad I bought it on steam then.
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I'm glad I bought it on steam then.

yea, i thought that this time would be like s&m, but not. thinking on another copy but this time on steam.
  • edited November 2010
    bisley wrote: »
    yea, i thought that this time would be like s&m, but not. thinking on another copy but this time on steam.

you still get the visor for TF2, as well as the TF2 unlockables from copies bought at the TTG site since it uses Steamworks

It just doesnt show up as a "Steam" game since you didn't buy it from Steam, but you can easily add it by adding a non steam game

• edited November 2010

Cool, so there are basically steam achievements on the telltale version, and that is how it works then right, I dont need to have steam up as it was stated yesterday i believe?
  • edited November 2010
    Aaaand it's back up again.

awesome! i got it :)
    edited November 2010
    Cool, so there are basically steam achievements on the telltale version, and that is how it works then right, I dont need to have steam up as it was stated yesterday i believe?

No the achievements are handled through Steamworks, so you need to have Steam running.
  • edited November 2010
    No the achievements are handled through Steamworks, so you need to have Steam running.

K so lets say im over at a relatives who doesnt have wireless internet, so i cant use steam, and I get an achievement, what will happen?
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    K so lets say im over at a relatives who doesnt have wireless internet, so i cant use steam, and I get an achievement, what will happen?
    It gets a little tricky when we start getting into this territory. If you unlock a TF2 item offline, it will trigger the unlock achievement the next time you run the game, with steam running, on that machine. For the moment, it looks like any other achievement you unlock while offline will get lost in the ether. There is a small chance that will change between now and when this releases, but this is the behavior I would expect.
  • edited November 2010
    HoboStew wrote: »
    It gets a little tricky when we start getting into this territory. If you unlock a TF2 item offline, it will trigger the unlock achievement the next time you run the game, with steam running, on that machine. For the moment, it looks like any other achievement you unlock while offline will get lost in the ether. There is a small chance that will change between now and when this releases, but this is the behavior I would expect.

So either
    A.I will not get the achievement until i get the game loaded up on steam again
    B.I will have to try to earn the achievement again(Wait can the special rounds be done again and again like once per match)
    edited November 2010
    General achievements you earn in offline play when playing with a Telltale copy may not sync up. They may be lost in the void. (That is the likely scenario, but we may be able to catch that.)

However, the achievements tied to the TF2 items (and the items themselves) are kept from falling into space and will sync up whenever you go back online.
  • edited November 2010
    so to be safe... have steam running in the background while playing?
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Yes, thats the safest way to ensure your achievements get achieved.
  • edited November 2010
    Do the new TF2 weapons have unique attributes, or are they reskins of the default weapons?
  • edited November 2010
    Do the new TF2 weapons have unique attributes, or are they reskins of the default weapons?

Reskins.
    edited November 2010
    Reskins.
  • edited November 2010
    Reskins.

For the watch, is it a reskin of the normal watch, or of the cloak and dagger.

Also so it is best to get all of the weapon achievements before playing the game at an offline relatives house.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.