Will there be Team Fortress 2 Items?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    can you still get the visor if you just got TF2
  • edited November 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    can you still get the visor if you just got TF2

Im sure you could get the visor if you get TF2 next year, and please dont tell me you got tf2 just for the pokernight items(Oh well isnt that a new twist)
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Im sure you could get the visor if you get TF2 next year, and please dont tell me you got tf2 just for the pokernight items(Oh well isnt that a new twist)

actually i was getting it sooner than that (due to the fact ringmasterj5 knows how to make it a T game)
  • edited November 2010
    actually i was getting it sooner than that (due to the fact ringmasterj5 knows how to make it a T game)

Knows how make it a T game, what would that have to do with it.
  • edited November 2010
    Knows how make it a T game, what would that have to do with it.

so i am going to get TF2
  • edited November 2010
    so i am going to get TF2

My question is mainly the how to make it a T game. Are your parents only allowing games for you that are T and below or something.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    For the watch, is it a reskin of the normal watch, or of the cloak and dagger.
    Dunno, actually. That's up to the TF2 guys.
    Also so it is best to get all of the weapon achievements before playing the game at an offline relatives house.

Weapon achievements will carry over no matter whether you play offline or on. It's the other achievements that we're not maintaining as aggressively offline.
  • edited November 2010
    My question is mainly the how to make it a T game. Are your parents only allowing games for you that are T and below or something.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/89389

^That's how to "make it a T game".
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Strangely, I'm thinking about getting it after seeing an e-mail to come get the visor. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Here's hoping that the new items come with nice new sounds, like those in the Polycount pack and the frying pan. And that Valve take the opportunity to add sounds to Lugermorph and Big Kill.
  • edited November 2010
    For the watch, is it a reskin of the normal watch, or of the cloak and dagger.
    Unfortunately by the looks I would say Dead Ringer.
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Unfortunately by the looks I would say Dead Ringer.

I think, given the history of the watch, the Dead Ringer makes more sense than the other watches even though it will probably be the standard invisibility watch.
  • edited November 2010
    I've got a question.

I have this game on Steam. Is there anyway I could put Poker Night on my Telltale account, while it also remains on my Steam account?

If I can, would it be possible for me to play Poker Night and still get the items, even on a computer without Steam?
  • edited November 2010
    You will need steam to get the items. No matter which version you play.
  • edited November 2010
    I've got a question.

I have this game on Steam. Is there anyway I could put Poker Night on my Telltale account, while it also remains on my Steam account?

If I can, would it be possible for me to play Poker Night and still get the items, even on a computer without Steam?

No, but you can buy it off of telltale and then add it to steam, because steam has a feature where you can add nonsteam games that you have on your computer. A feature I'm suprised no one has thought of, you get the bonuses telltale offers(dvds etc) and the whole "all games in one place" thing that people like.
  • edited November 2010
    and the whole "all games in one place" thing that people like.

It's not really the same though.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Reskins.

Darn that's a disapointment, I was really hoping for a actual new weapon rather than a reskin. The watch could have had some really cool attributes on it as with the Iron Curtain, shame it wasn't that way.
  • edited November 2010
    Lifevirus wrote: »
    Darn that's a disapointment, I was really hoping for a actual new weapon rather than a reskin. The watch could have had some really cool attributes on it as with the Iron Curtain, shame it wasn't that way.

Why do you think they gave out hats for Sam and Max and L4D2? Simply because it wouldn't unbalance the game, that's why Valve updates take so long, there's a lot of play testing. Reskins are cheaper for them to do then actually including a weapon, that not everyone can get.

To those that are wondering what they are reskins of:
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Iron_Curtain
    Iron Curtain ^
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Enthusiast%27s_Timepiece
    Enthusiast's Timepiece ^

I've also heard that Valve is planning something for Natashcha, so its very likely that the Iron Curtain is going to be for the minigun.
  • edited November 2010
    Moob22 wrote: »
    Why do you think they gave out hats for Sam and Max and L4D2? Simply because it wouldn't unbalance the game, that's why Valve updates take so long, there's a lot of play testing. Reskins are cheaper for them to do then actually including a weapon, that not everyone can get.

To those that are wondering what they are reskins of:
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Iron_Curtain
    Iron Curtain ^
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Enthusiast%27s_Timepiece
    Enthusiast's Timepiece ^

I've also heard that Valve is planning something for Natashcha, so its very likely that the Iron Curtain is going to be for the minigun.

I easily understand that, I just wish that they would try to do something with them. The items are just too interesting to just plop into the reskin bin because of lack of time, baring maybe the Lugermorph. Valve had plenty of time to consider testing new weapons based upon how long the game was in development, they just didn't, and that's what disappoints me most. I easily could have seen the Enthusiast's Time Piece being something like "Upon successful backstab, your cloak meter instantly recharges." or something like that. Simply put, I understand why they did it. I just don't like it.
  • edited November 2010
    What about if you don't have Team Fortress 2 yet and you unlock one of the items. Will you get them when you buy the game, or will you need to unlock it again?
  • edited November 2010
    What about if you don't have Team Fortress 2 yet and you unlock one of the items. Will you get them when you buy the game, or will you need to unlock it again?

Yes, it sounds like they are bound to achievements that are linked to your Steam Account. After you've got TF2 then everything should unlock.
  • edited November 2010
    Simply put, I understand why they did it. I just don't like it.

Just imagine the sh*tstorm if these new items really gave you an davantage...
  • edited November 2010
    I strongly doubt the bonus items will be anything other than mere reskins, like the Lugermorph already is. The TF2 wiki already claims they are reskins of Sasha and the Invisible Watch, both stock items, to begin with. So, I'd have no worries about having unfair advantages from getting these items.

Well, okay, the Dangeresque Too glasses probably cue Demomen in on when it looks like they'll have to juuuuu~uuuump, which is probably all the time as it is already.

All due seriousness, Valve has stated in the past that they did not want to separate customers between those willing to pay and those who aren't, and almost everything in the store are things you can find in-game.

To wit, the only things you have to buy at all were keys to open crates with, the Halloween noisemakers (no longer on sale), the Secret Saxton (a present for one random person on a server), and the Pile O' Gifts (up to 23 people on a server get a gift). I think the Gift Wrap may also be store-only.

That said, even for the low cost of 4.50 right now in the preorder phase on Steam, I don't think Valve would be brazen enough to change their mind and give unique stats to the Iron Curtain or the Enthusiast's Timepiece.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think any of the items need unique stats. I would, however, like the Enthusiast's Timepiece to behave like the Dead Ringer, just because the person with the watch usually ends up dying.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    spd12 wrote: »
    I strongly doubt the bonus items will be anything other than mere reskins, like the Lugermorph already is. The TF2 wiki already claims they are reskins of Sasha and the Invisible Watch, both stock items, to begin with. So, I'd have no worries about having unfair advantages from getting these items.

It's been said a few times on these boards and elsewhere but I'll say it again: The Poker Night TF2 items are cosmetic only. :)
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Just imagine the sh*tstorm if these new items really gave you an davantage...

It'd be an amazing shit storm.
  • edited November 2010
    And it would be extremely unfair for those that didn't buy the game if they were actual weapons, and not just reskins.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not saying it would be fair, I just said it would be amazing. I love when the TF2 forums go in a ragestorm. Soonthey'll be raging about HAVING to buy BttF for the items, or the possibility of items.
  • edited November 2010
    Have you considered on finishing the sam hat and at least make it a spy hat? or at least make something like the sam head
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It's been said a few times on these boards and elsewhere but I'll say it again: The Poker Night TF2 items are cosmetic only. :)

This is more out of curiosity but what that decision made by Valve themselves or more of a general consensus amogist the groups that made the game?

My guess would be Valve since they are promo items and don't want the rage that would accompany the idea of them being actual items and the need to purchase something else to get them. Though with the Mann Co. Store i'm wondering why they even bother with "promo" items anymore.
  • edited November 2010
    This is more out of curiosity but what that decision made by Valve themselves or more of a general consensus amogist the groups that made the game?

My guess would be Valve since they are promo items and don't want the rage that would accompany the idea of them being actual items and the need to purchase something else to get them. Though with the Mann Co. Store i'm wondering why they even bother with "promo" items anymore.

The only input that Valve actually did was rubber stamp them.
  • edited November 2010
    I wasn't able to find any word on this, so I'll ask:

If we already have a Vintage Lugermorph from The Devil's Playhouse, we'll still be able to claim a regular Lugermorph from Poker Night, right?
  • edited November 2010
    Well....pokernight items are now craftable. Now what.
  • edited November 2010
    TentuZero wrote: »
    Well....pokernight items are now craftable. Now what.

..what? So, anyone can get the items just by crafting? That's bad.
  • edited November 2010
    ..what? So, anyone can get the items just by crafting? That's bad.

Yeah.

Heavy token + primary token + scrap = 50% chance of iron curtain...there are alot of servers with iron curtains now. o.o;
  • edited November 2010
    So, is it the same for the other items? Can the Luger(god no) or the Timepiece be crafted?
  • edited November 2010
    So, is it the same for the other items? Can the Luger(god no) or the Timepiece be crafted?

I've only seen the iron curtain...but i've been hearing rumors you can get the timepiece as well via chance crafting.
  • edited November 2010
    TentuZero wrote: »
    I've only seen the iron curtain...but i've been hearing rumors you can get the timepiece as well via chance crafting.

I hope this is fixed in a patch. Random people that don't own Poker Night crafting to get the items? That defeats the point and will probably get a few pre-orders canceled. The day the Luger becomes craftable(if it ever happens) will be horrible for all TTG fans.
  • edited November 2010
    I hope this is fixed in a patch.

Indeed, sloppy management on valve's part. I'm curious to hear what telltale has to say about this.
  • edited November 2010
    They already fixed it. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.