Will there be Team Fortress 2 Items?

124»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    What did they do with the Iron Curtains that have already been crafted, though?
  • edited November 2010
    This picture has convinced me that the Dangeresque Too shades are the best of the new Poker Night items.

Dangeresque_Demo.png
  • edited November 2010
    They look awful, which, of course, means I will wear them with pride when I win them off of Strong Bad.

I have a Sticky Jumper too, so I'll be able to go through with the whole 'looks like I'm gonna have to juuuu~uuump' routine flawlessly.
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    What did they do with the Iron Curtains that have already been crafted, though?

Those are untradeable.
    and will probably get a few pre-orders canceled.
    I don't think so. Steam gives no refunds and I don't think many people that bought the game on this site did for the items.
  • edited November 2010
    Steam does refund preorders. And I find it pretty lame that people that didn't buy the game got the items before legitimate customers did. Valve does like to troll sometimes

TentuZero wrote: »
    Indeed, sloppy management on valve's part. I'm curious to hear what telltale has to say about this.

I'd love to see an official opinion on the mishap but Valve did this with all the other preorder/promo items. Last one they screwed up was the Frying Pan from the L4D2 update and they did nothing about that.
  • edited November 2010
    I hope this is fixed in a patch. Random people that don't own Poker Night crafting to get the items? That defeats the point and will probably get a few pre-orders canceled. The day the Luger becomes craftable(if it ever happens) will be horrible for all TTG fans.

Why, then those bastards will finally stop trying to trade me.
  • edited November 2010
    By horrible you mean great, right? It's annoying to get bombarded with trade requests.
  • edited November 2010
    Steam does refund preorders. And I find it pretty lame that people that didn't buy the game got the items before legitimate customers did. Valve does like to troll sometimes

I'd love to see an official opinion on the mishap but Valve did this with all the other preorder/promo items. Last one they screwed up was the Frying Pan from the L4D2 update and they did nothing about that.

How did they missed up with the frying pan? Was it an exclusive for l4d2?
  • edited November 2010
    It's unfair that those that crafted them get to keep them, Valve should just take their items.
  • edited November 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    It's unfair that those that crafted them get to keep them, Valve should just take their items.

It wasn't their fault, that was Valve's. If they are going to take their items, they have to return the materials used as well.
  • edited November 2010
    Im sure its been answered 1001.5 times but how do you unlock the stuff?
  • edited November 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Im sure its been answered 1001.5 times but how do you unlock the stuff?

The visor is a pre-order bonus. The rest are unlocked through in-game item rounds. (From what I understand, if a character runs out of money they'll try to stay in the game by betting their item.) Beat the item round, get the TF2 item. Max bets the Lugermorph and License to Maim, Strong Bad bets Dangeresque, Too?, Heavy bets the Iron Curtain, and Tycho bets the Enthusiast's Timepiece.
  • edited November 2010
    how do you prove that you pre-ordered in TF2?
  • edited November 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    how do you prove that you pre-ordered in TF2?

It depends where you pre-ordered from. If from Steam when you start up TF2 a message saying you have the visor appears. If from Telltale, then a code will be sent to you via e-mail and instructions on how to use it.

While I do think that its not fair that some people have the items and are keeping them, most of them stumbled upon the items by accident, should they be punished because of a screw-up on Valve's part?

Think about like this: You walk into a grocery store and see a sale sign up for something you want, except on it the expiry date for the sale was three days ago. You figure save some money on it and pick it up, they run it through the till and you walk out. The store notices the sign and quickly pulls it down, how would you feel if they demanded you return what you bought and didn't return your money?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.