Will there be Team Fortress 2 Items?

well my friend bought 5 copies for all his accounts, cuz he thinks there will be TF2 items..

can someone please confirm? thanks

Comments

• edited November 2010
    neither valve nor telltale, as far as I know, have mentioned hats.
  • edited November 2010
    one idea would be a "golden black jack badge"
  • edited November 2010
    Until now no one ever said that there will be TF2-items included with this game. I would be very surprised if TTG would make another item for this game.
  • edited November 2010
    Given how Valve's become crazier about hats and stuff than usual, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something. If nothing else, they might bring back the Sam and Max items.

But yeah, there's no official word about any TF2 items for this game.
  • edited November 2010
    Your friend really bought a game 5 times in case of hats. Wow, thats sad. Someone already pointed out it is impossible to get all of the hats thanks to the badges.
  • edited November 2010
    Well I'll be damned. Looks like the speculation has paid off.
  • edited November 2010
    We are getting them if we preordered on telltale like with the Devil's Playhouse, correct?
  • edited November 2010
    That's been the pattern so far.
  • edited November 2010
    We are getting them if we preordered on telltale like with the Devi'ls Playhouse, correct?

Yes. All will be explained soon.
  • edited November 2010
    I bought it on Steam.

For shame. I could have owned both versions.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not sure what EvilDeadFan meant. Does that mean that we will or will not be getting the Team Fortress 2 items if we purchased this game directly from Telltale as opposed to Steam?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    All customers will get the TF2 items, both TTG direct customers and Steam customers.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    All customers will get the TF2 items, both TTG direct customers and Steam customers.

Okay, thanks a lot. I was a bit worried about that. Thanks Telltale, for going the extra mile and doing that. :D
  • edited November 2010
    We get the Pac-Man watch?! Eff yes!!
  • edited November 2010
    Well, this was unexpected to say the least.

I think I want the Freelance Police Badge the most. :p
  • edited November 2010
    Also, is the Luger actually for the Spy and the Engineer or Scout and Engineer?
  • edited November 2010
    If you kill a Spy with the Pac-Man watch equipped, you should receive the watch yourself.
  • edited November 2010
    If you kill a Spy with the Pac-Man watch equipped, you should receive the watch yourself.

No you shouldn't. It'd make it common.
  • edited November 2010
    Video coming soon.
  • edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »
    Also, is the Luger actually for the Spy and the Engineer or Scout and Engineer?

Scout and Engineer.
  • edited November 2010
    Video coming soon.

Ah, sweet! I'm still trying to convince my friends its worth getting. Maybe this will help.
  • edited November 2010
    How soon for that video? :3c
  • edited November 2010
    Sharc wrote: »
    How soon for that video? :3c

Today. Pacific Time.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I actually preordered this before learning of the hats, so. Woo.
  • edited November 2010
    Today. Pacific Time.

That's even better than I imagined. :cool:
  • edited November 2010
    So, for the Lugermorph, will it be the same one as already released with Devil's Playhouse, or a different version? There's been some speculation about it on the Team Fortress 2 forums.
  • edited November 2010
    Today. Pacific Time.

...It isn't in VALVe time is it?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    So, for the Lugermorph, will it be the same one as already released with Devil's Playhouse, or a different version? There's been some speculation about it on the Team Fortress 2 forums.

Same Lugermorph. It's going to be interesting maybe in terms of what it does to the scarcity and perceived value of that item vs the other Devil's Playhouse items, but the Poker Night team wanted to give people a chance to get one of the iconic Sam & Max items while keeping the rest of them rare, and the Lugermorph seemed like it hit the balance well between a cool item and one we could part with in terms of exclusivity.

Mostly, though, it made sense for Max to bet his "badge and gun," a classic police pairing.
  • edited November 2010

what if you do not have TF2
  • edited November 2010
    Aww, but what about The Big Kill?
  • edited November 2010
    ClanLord wrote: »
    well my friend bought 5 copies for all his accounts, cuz he thinks there will be TF2 items..

can someone please confirm? thanks

Well, IMHO, he's pretty stupid buying 5 copies when he doesn't even know.
  • edited November 2010
    Same Lugermorph. It's going to be interesting maybe in terms of what it does to the scarcity and perceived value of that item vs the other Devil's Playhouse items, but the Poker Night team wanted to give people a chance to get one of the iconic Sam & Max items while keeping the rest of them rare, and the Lugermorph seemed like it hit the balance well between a cool item and one we could part with in terms of exclusivity.

Mostly, though, it made sense for Max to bet his "badge and gun," a classic police pairing.

you guys should have finish sam hat instead, would look great on spy
  • edited November 2010
    Sheesh. There's probably been more discussion about Poker Night online in the past couple of hours than there's been in the rest of the time since its announcement. It's crazy what TF2 items do to people. But if it brings more attention to Telltale, I can't complain. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Wait, I spot a goof. Those shades don't belong to Dangeresque. They belong to Dangeresque, too?

Oh wait, now I get why they're for the Demoman. They're supposed to be like Kanye West shades, right?
  • edited November 2010
    Great! Now I can actually use the Lugermorph in-game without people constantly trying to open trades with me to take it away. : P
    I don't care if it's rare or not, it's purty damn cool.
  • edited November 2010
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    Wait, I spot a goof. Those shades don't belong to Dangeresque. They belong to Dangeresque, too?

Oh wait, now I get why they're for the Demoman. They're supposed to be like Kanye West shades, right?

Actually, I think they're for the Demoman because HE'S GONNA HAVE TO STICKYJUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!
  • edited November 2010
    Hello, I just bought the game a half hour ago, do I still qualify for the items or did I have to order a month ago?
  • edited November 2010
    snorlax wrote: »
    Hello, I just bought the game a half hour ago, do I still qualify for the items or did I have to order a month ago?

You're good to go, pre-order just means you buy it before it's released. : )
  • edited November 2010
    Will the Dangeresque Too's Glasses be a Misc item? So i can use it with my Purple Hallmark
Sign in to comment in this discussion.