Poker Night Countdown/ Impatient Waiters Anonymous

You know who you are. You're the person in Berlin sitting with three different alarms set to Telltale Time. Or that dude in Australia who keeps a clock set to Standard Pacific over their Devil's Playhouse poster set.

Well, right now it is 5AM on Sunday morning Pacific Time, or exactly 28 hours until Telltale opens its doors on Monday.

As we all know, a Monday release could really be as late as 5PM Telltale time (aka 36 hours from now), or in some rare cases even later (lookin' at you, City that Dares Not Sleep). What are you going to do in the next 28~36 or so hours until Poker Night's release?

Who else is jumping out of their seats?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    well mondays a busy day and i probably wont get home to 6 so i probably have nothing to worry about except installing and playing the game later then everyone else.
  • edited November 2010
    I have a Job interview that day. You can say I'm jumping of anxiety ^^!
  • edited November 2010
    Game launches 8am GMT on the dot. Steam says so.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm doing a book signing tomorrow (which I hope goes well). Hopefully the game will be out once it's over.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh hey, you're a published author? Congrats, I'm working on that myself.

As for me, eh, not much, time just kinda passes on its own. But I'm eagerly awaiting Monday.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm doing a book signing tomorrow (which I hope goes well). Hopefully the game will be out once it's over.

whats the book called?
  • edited November 2010
    Hmm tomarrow. Oh yeah thats the day I die, so I should be back in time for the game.
  • edited November 2010
    I have school tomorrow, then callbacks for a play, then homework, then out to dinner...so it looks like I'll be playing either at midnight or on Tuesday. :(
  • edited November 2010
    Holy crap! For me it's only 15 hours left! After I finish my school, I'll play me some Poker.
  • edited November 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    whats the book called?

"But Whether Men Do." You can look it up on Amazon if you're interested.
  • edited November 2010
    If Steam is to be trusted, then it comes out at 1AM MST here. Which I probably will be up at, and if anyone's curious that's Midnight PST, so it makes sense.
  • edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    I have school tomorrow, then callbacks for a play, then homework, then out to dinner...so it looks like I'll be playing either at midnight or on Tuesday. :(

Techinicaly speaking if it was midnight, then it would be tuesday:D
  • edited November 2010
    Man this book looks interesting.
  • edited November 2010
    My game count just changed from 17 games to 18 games... Poker Night is almost here!
    EDIT:And now it's back to 17 games.
  • edited November 2010
    My game count just changed from 17 games to 18 games... Poker Night is almost here!
    EDIT:And now it's back to 17 games.

That's just rude. Oh well I'm downloading a copy of Age of Empires III...... for uhhhhhh 10 cents.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm impatient.

EDIT: And now I'm angry that I missed the sale on Arkham Asylum in the Games for Windows sale on the 17th.
  • edited November 2010
    Steam say approx. 13 hours from now. Is that any indication for the Telltale time? 8am in the morning seems quite early for a Telltale game (for me. They don't start until it is 5pm).
  • edited November 2010
    steam went back to 18 games for me...
    EDIT:It just went back to 17 again. Grrr...
  • edited November 2010
    Y2Zero wrote: »
    Man this book looks interesting.

Is it wrong that my first reaction on seeing the cover is wondering if the book was an Asimov tribute? The author's name beginning with "R." like Asimov's own positronic creations certainly helps that sense along.
  • edited November 2010
    I wouldnae count on Steam being in a position to push it through at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning GMT. Even Telltale are likely to be another twelve hours or so.
  • edited November 2010
    Brainiac wrote: »
    Is it wrong that my first reaction on seeing the cover is wondering if the book was an Asimov tribute? The author's name beginning with "R." like Asimov's own positronic creations certainly helps that sense along.

Good job! Asimov's been my biggest influence. My writing's a lot more cynical than his, though.
  • edited November 2010
    If you need some help passing the time, read through the dialouge ideas thread. There's a lot of hilarious dialouge there. (Except for pepsiboy's stuff which more hilarious in a Full Life Concequenses kind of way if you catch my drift.)
  • edited November 2010
    I'll be sure to check it out at some point, RA, it does look like a good read!
  • edited November 2010
    yah im ordering it today. I can't wait to get it.
  • edited November 2010
    Grrrrrr, I'll be at work till 4pm tommorow, in the knowledge that everyone else is enjoying the game (well most people)

:(
  • edited November 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Grrrrrr, I'll be at work till 4pm tommorow, in the knowledge that everyone else is enjoying the game (well most people)

:(

Or they'll have their shirts eaten by Max far sooner than you will. Just a consideration.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    techinicaly speaking if it was midnight, then it would be tuesday:d

ba-dum tisssshhh!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    I wouldnae count on Steam being in a position to push it through at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning GMT. Even Telltale are likely to be another twelve hours or so.

Someone clearly has never seen a planned Steam launch before. Chances are, the team finish(ed) the game today/yesterday or maybe even Friday, and sent it off to Valve along with the models for TF2 weapons to ensure it would be ready for release.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Whether it comes out at 5am or 5pm I'm in a lecture after lecture until 4, at which point I must drive home, meaning I'm not getting there until 6pm! (Damn University life)
  • edited November 2010
    If I'm lucky, then I will finish work, come home, have some dinner, and spend the rest of the evening playing poker. If I'm not lucky, then I'll spend the entire of tuesday morning playing poker. Either way, I'll have some good quality time set aside for it!
  • edited November 2010
    Do you have to work as an anonymous impatient waiter to post in this thread?
  • edited November 2010
    spd12 wrote: »
    I'll be sure to check it out at some point, RA, it does look like a good read!
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    yah im ordering it today. I can't wait to get it.

Yay! Thanks to both of you!

Also, the wait is killing me despite being less than 24 hours away. I never thought I'd be so hyped for a poker game.
  • edited November 2010
    Moob22 wrote: »
    If Steam is to be trusted, then it comes out at 1AM MST here.
    8 AM UTC is 2 AM MST, not 1 AM. MST is UTC-7 during daylight saving time, and UTC-6 the rest of the time (i.e. now). 8 - 6 = 2.

EDIT: No, you were right. I got it backwards: UTC-6 during DST, UTC-7 normally.
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    The Venture Bros. season 4 finale is tonight so I have that to hold me over till tomorrow. But I have to say, I've never been so excited to play a Poker game.
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    If we're posting things to do while we wait, I need more people to join me in listening to this on loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ydY-iRPX0
  • edited November 2010
    This is somehow on topic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzSguR2UstU
  • edited November 2010
    The waiting is the hardest part.

"How am I meant to go 5 days without shooting something?"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.