Poker Night Countdown/ Impatient Waiters Anonymous

Comments

• edited November 2010
    th.b0cf32why9hours.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Where do you live, exactly? It might be the 23rd for you (which does suck), but for Telltale's offices "in 9 hours" means the 22nd.

So don't worry, it's not a delay. In fact, unless Steam is lying again (which is certainly a possibility), this means we have a better idea for when it'll come out! :)
  • edited November 2010
    th.b0cf32why9hours.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

brb, pre-ordering on telltale store
  • edited November 2010
    it get released at 12 o clock

aufzeichnenvv.jpg

wait what??? just a moment

22ndnov.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Where do you live, exactly? It might be the 23rd for you (which does suck), but for Telltale's offices "in 9 hours" means the 22nd.

So don't worry, it's not a delay. In fact, unless Steam is lying again (which is certainly a possibility), this means we have a better idea for when it'll come out! :)

Well I'm in the UAE and right now it's about 7:30 PM. At least if it does come out 9 hours from now I can play it in the morning.
  • edited November 2010
    im in the uk and its saying that :I
  • edited November 2010
    In the words of the great 20th century scientist Dell Cohnager:
    "Dagnabit frabit dubbit lubit!"
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Eastern Canada here claims release is the 22nd in 9 hours... meaning it'll be out at 7PM -_-'
  • edited November 2010
    Let's just hope that Valve's trolling us.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    Eastern Canada here claims release is the 22nd in 9 hours... meaning it'll be out at 7PM -_-'

I can confirm this now as the timer just clicked down to 8 hours, meaning we still have a good wait ahead of us!
  • edited November 2010
    Gorgotha wrote: »

aufzeichnenvv.jpg

wait what??? just a moment

22ndnov.jpg

TTG doesn't share your timezone you know.

And don't kill me for saying this, but the later it releases the better for me, I'm just too damn busy today >.>
  • edited November 2010
    Gorgotha, you only just joined the forums today, so I'll cut you a little slack and explain some things. Telltale Games is a company based in California in the US. They ARE NOT like other game companies that have the game ready for a month or more in advance of the release date, but are in fact tweaking it right up to the minute they decide it's ready. Pretty much, as soon as it's done, they pull everything down, upload it, bring everything back up and you can get your grubby little paws on it. When they advertise a release date, it has and always will mean PST (UTC - 08:00). That time which to you is 12 is only 4 PM to the good folks at Telltale. They would still very much be upholding their promise of a release date of the 22nd. So just hang in there, and you won't be getting it any later than the rest of us.
  • edited November 2010
    The release time on Steam is a placeholder, which is why we had this mess last night in the first place. Telltale probably doesn't know when they're releasing it until the moment they release it. (They certainly didn't know last night.)
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    The release time on Steam is a placeholder, which is why we had this mess last night in the first place. Telltale probably doesn't know when they're releasing it until the moment they release it. (They certainly didn't know last night.)

And then it will take some extra time for the Steam release. As usual.
  • edited November 2010
    I remember each of the Devil's Playhouse episodes releasing a full day later for Steam.

Anyways, this is killing me. I hate poker, yet I need this game for some reason.
  • edited November 2010
    SushiGummy wrote: »
    I remember each of the Devil's Playhouse episodes releasing a full day later for Steam.

Anyways, this is killing me. I hate poker, yet I need this game for some reason.

Tf2 items? :D
  • edited November 2010
    Eh, I can wait the spare few hours if that is what it takes for steam to release it. It's just, I kinda don't like it that most people got Poker Night at the Inventory just because of TF2 items. :/ I mostly got it because of the star cast. :]
  • edited November 2010
    Just have to wait a few more hours before the game is released!
  • edited November 2010
    Its Monday here and its currently 11:57 AM.
  • edited November 2010
    I've forgotten what the wait was like. I was fine earlier today, now since they have started working, time has slowed down..... Worth the wait though hopefully! :D

Also some ideas on what to do while you wait:

Play a Sam & Max episode!
    Watch some of the cartoon!
    Read the comics!
    Watch some Homestar Runner Toons (I may do this. I just started on the sbemails)
    Play SBCG4AP!
    Read Penny Arcade Comics!
    Watch the "Meet the (insert class name)" Videos!
    Play TF2!
    Press your F5 button until it explodes!
  • edited November 2010
    Gorgotha wrote: »

Just about 15 more seconds for me then.
  • edited November 2010
    5183469096_1db2d6cc9f_z.jpg

Heavy: Just a few more hours until I can put down these cards...
  • edited November 2010
    Samman28 wrote: »

Different timezone.
  • edited November 2010
    Samman28 wrote: »

...Nothing.
  • edited November 2010
    Nobody has posted a fake download link yet? :D
  • edited November 2010
    Winckle wrote: »
    Nobody has posted a fake download link yet? :D
    It's a Steamworks game. There's little point to posting a fake download link, because it would be busted [url=steam://install/8230]within five seconds[/url].
  • edited November 2010
    whoops, its a trap :eek::rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    Sooooh.... anything going on here?:confused:
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    Steam Stats: [Telltale] Jake- 2.9 hours.

He has a head start, but we must overtake his lead!
  • edited November 2010
    Derwin wrote: »
    Steam Stats: [Telltale] Jake- 2.9 hours.

He has a head start, but we must overtake his lead!
    Agreed! He will rue the day he played 2.9 hours while we stand waiting! RUE!
  • edited November 2010
    Rue!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    What the hell is that even mean?
  • edited November 2010
    Derwin wrote: »
    Rue!!!!
    So what else can we wish they rue about now? xD
  • edited November 2010
    PISLIX wrote: »
    What the hell is that even mean?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rue

Regret the day my boy.
  • edited November 2010
    Anyone else only have to wait 4 more hours?
  • edited November 2010
    isco wrote: »

Are you saying that because you live in a different time zone, you are automatically several hours ahead of us?
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    isco wrote: »

Everybody does.

Let me repeat
    • 5PM Pacific Time
    • 6PM Central Time
    • 7PM Eastern Time
    • Etc...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.