Update in the works!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    To be honest, its CPU intensive, like one of my cores floats around 80-99%! Also, one of my GPU's gets to 100 Degrees Celsius! lol! Er, okay...... I know my PC is on the way out (hence waiting for the new one), but 100c is, er, wow!
  • edited November 2010
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    To be honest, its CPU intensive, like one of my cores floats around 80-99%! Also, one of my GPU's gets to 100 Degrees Celsius! lol! Er, okay...... I know my PC is on the way out (hence waiting for the new one), but 100c is, er, wow!

I don't find it that intensive. My laptop does get hot but only after long gaming sessions, I play Poker Night to cool down mentally and for my laptop as well.
  • edited November 2010
    And this is a nVidia 9800GT (in SLI) PCI-E card that goes over 100c, daren't to think what on-board cards are at, and they have no fans.

My card may not be the best these days, but playing COD MW2, the temps doesn't go that high.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    You might be thinking of how raises work in limit hold'em, whereas Poker Night is no-limit, wherein you can raise without limit high or low, as long as you raise (I think) at least 2x the big blind.

In no limit holdem pre flop all raises must be in multiples of the last raise.
    So say the blinds are 100-200
    Under the gun (First person to act before the flop) raises they must raise a minimum of 200 for a total of 400.
    So lets say the player under the gun raises to 525, which is more then 2x the blind.
    The next player if they want to raise has to raise to 1050 or if they have less they can always all in.

After the flop the min bet is the blind but you can, if you want bet 1 chip over the blind.
  • edited November 2010
    Please add Steam cloud support!
  • edited November 2010
    A messaged Jake about that whole anti-alaising thing people have been trying out and he did say that they are working on the patch with combatibility but he doesnt really know how much it would help.
  • edited November 2010
    PedsterUK wrote: »

my cpu is a p4 3ghz ht and the game only uses 44% of my cpu in shader 1.4 granted i can't get the game to work once i get the the table it crashes my pc but cpu never is above 50%
  • edited November 2010

Seconded!
  • edited November 2010

Do it!
  • edited November 2010
    The game isn't nice so older computers. I hope I get upgraded before BttF.

Also, I know it's not major, but there are still bleeps from Tycho even though I have bleeps off. I just want to bring it up while an update was being released, and Telltale doesn't release updates often...
  • edited November 2010
    Also, subs still saying **** even if the proper text is sayed.

Haven't heard a bleep yet though, fortunately.
  • edited November 2010
    So any word on if this will fix the dx8/2.0 black background screen / hear voice subs only and game crashes when the poker game is about to start at the table

also if they patch will be today or not i no its only the first day of the week and all put can still hope
  • edited November 2010
    ?.......
  • edited November 2010
    valkysas wrote: »
    ?.......

Dont double post and we dont know.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Dont double post and we dont know.

they where a day a part and it was a question for the mods/team

so what ever
  • edited November 2010
    What I'm curious about is how the update will reach the non-Steam versions.
  • edited November 2010
    The same way you downloaded it.
  • edited November 2010
    haha, i wont need to wait for this, powerful new computer coming tomorrow!
  • edited November 2010
    haha, i wont need to wait for this, powerful new computer coming tomorrow!

we'll see about that!
  • edited November 2010
  • edited December 2010
    *sigh*
  • edited December 2010
    *sigh*

i would thank it will be out soon later to night or some time tomorrow night from the pm i got yesterday

Some Shader 2.0 fixes are included in the update. I of course can't guarantee that it will fix for everyone, but we were able to reproduce both black screen and distorted menu and fix them at least on the shader model 2 PCs we brought into the office. So hopefully it will work out for you! The update is in test at this point so it should be reasonably soon!

but who knows maybe a new bug comes up and it is delayed until next week...hope not also no ideal if the weekend is work days for them
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Something weird happened with the update last night, but it's on its way. We'll post a new thread when it's out.

When the update is available, here is what you will be getting, more or less:
    Poker Night update, changes list:

Poker & Gameplay Fixes

* At the end of a hand, winners of the main pot and any side pots all announced individually. (Previously, only the winner of the biggest pot was announced.)

* Each round, the minimum raise starts at the big blind until someone raises, after which the minimum raise is the amount of that last raise.

* In heads up (one on one) play, the dealer is now the small blind and first to act pre-flop.

* If a someone folds and is part of a side pot, and after the fold only one person remains in the sidepot, the sidepot gets cleared and paid out to that one remaining person.

* The tutorial now automatically comes up once, the first time the game is played. It is still also available on-demand from the Poker Help screen.

* Players who have a straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush or straight will now get the appropriate hand achievement even if everyone else folds to them in that hand.

* Fixed issue causing character tells to almost never play.

* Fixed issue causing only one of the player's hole cards to display when skipping dialog.

* Improved readability/consistency on the unlockable Strong Bad card deck.

* Max properly leaves the table after his "I'll be in the bar" bust out line.

----

Compatibility Fixes

* Anti-aliasing quality control added to Graphics Settings screen.

* Improved compatibility with Shader Model 2.0 graphics cards.

* Fixed cases of invisible and garbled text on the title screen and settings screen on some systems.

* Some lower end video cards which formerly just drew a black screen should now display the game. :)

----

Content

* Two new poker tables available on the Unlocks screen: “Poker Night,” and “Inventory Security”
  • edited December 2010
    * Some lower end video cards which formerly just drew a black screen should now display the game. :)
    Huzzah! :)
  • edited December 2010
    Sweet.

Jake, I only hope it doesn't delete all my unlocks, stats and won items like this update did :( it self-uploaded and self-installed, and I only noticed because eveything was deleted.

At least I don't owe half a million dollars now...
  • edited December 2010
    Something weird happened with the update last night, but it's on its way. We'll post a new thread when it's out.

When the update is available, here is what you will be getting, more or less:

Thank you for the patch notes. Will this be coming out on the Steam version today as well? Please say yes!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    Sweet.

Jake, I only hope it doesn't delete all my unlocks, stats and won items like this update did :( it self-uploaded and self-installed, and I only noticed because eveything was deleted.

At least I don't owe half a million dollars now...

I think the update installer will be smart enough to know that you have content. The one you installed earlier was actually just the original installer :(
  • edited December 2010
    * Max properly leaves the table after his "I'll be in the bar" bust out line

Aww, that was a good glitch, awesome during the show downs when Max would be there just looking at the both of ya.
  • edited December 2010
    Haha, no Steam update. Well played ttg, well played. 2 weeks with an unplayable game and you couldn't squeeze out the Steam version update?

Hope you realize you left a lot of people unfamiliar with you guys pretty peeved over all this. Good luck with the BTTF stuff... I'll be sure to give it my own form of "hype" to friends and others interested in it on the SPUF forums.

cya
  • edited December 2010
    Because Telltale totally has control over when Valve posts the update on their system. Yep. You do realize that you come off as "Screw business hours, screw holidays, screw testing. Eat your turkey in the office if you have to, just give me my damn update now!", right? Funny how game company employees are supposed to be something more than human just to get your game patched.
  • edited December 2010
    You guys are kings among... non-kings (I forget what those are called.) Capital work!
  • edited December 2010
    Because Telltale totally has control over when Valve posts the update on their system. Yep. You do realize that you come off as "Screw business hours, screw holidays, screw testing. Eat your turkey in the office if you have to, just give me my damn update now!", right? Funny how game company employees are supposed to be something more than human just to get your game patched.

the update was out for hrs with no word on if they even subbmitted it to valve no communication what so ever so yea fuck talltale and there lies they even said in pm the steam version would be out yesterday and if you dont thank they have any control when its out then your stupid

that and i don't thank staying at the office for a hr more is all that -screw you to them when its been close to 2 weeks with a broken game
  • edited December 2010
    valkysas wrote: »

Gosh, what a charmer *you* are.
  • edited December 2010
    Yep, when I want someone to do something for me, the first thing I do is call them a liar and insult them to their face in their own home.

You may also want to take note that Telltale had to pull the updated version from their own site for a period of time, presumably because there was something wrong with it. So now you sound as though you don't care if it's in working condition, you want the update even if it actually makes things worse.

Take it from someone who has spent a considerable amount of time around here and didn't just jump on the bandwagon for some shiny TF2 items (which are probably from things you don't even care about, but you Gotta Catch 'em All): Telltale is one of the best companies in the industry for connecting with their fanbase and addressing concerns. Cool off and give them half a chance and they will make things right.
  • edited December 2010
    I just tested the TTG-download and wow at least I can play now. Thanks.

*waits for the steamupdate*
  • edited December 2010
    Would love to see a steam version some time this year .........really get off you ass and fix this shit 3/5ths of your users are from steam and dx8 cards
  • edited December 2010
    People like you are the reason I can't enjoy a freaking game of TF2 anymore.
  • edited December 2010
    They seem to not care if steam users are 4/5th of the ppl who bought this game they don't seem to care if we get a update or not no pm was sent back to me asking if the update was even submitted to steam yet not only that the web page version of poker night users got the game on steam for FREE!!! why we do not get the web page version for free is stupid this is a ploy to get us to buy the web page version if we want to play the game we bought

i been in contact with 3 ppl that worked on the patch and every one will doge the is it coming to steam this week or even if they submitted it i been nice but man 2 weeks no update other than the web page version and i have yet to play 1 hand in this game on a system that is right on the dot of the rec system

worse game company than Ea than thats BAD!!!

def will not buy any more of your games thats for sure
    1. No PM could be because Oh I dont know THEY AREN'T ONLINE it is 9:00 their time and are most likely just now getting to work.
    2.They do care you're just a whiny prick.
    3.Worse than Ea? They screw up ONE game and they are worse than Ea you sir are a moron. Telltale has not screwed up any of their games but this one, EVERY company screws up at some point.
    Next time be patient instead of a whiny bitch who didnt get their way. In fact just leave telltale now. You obviously dont give a rats ass about the game and want the damned items if so GO PLAY TF2 BETA it has all of the items preunlocked.
  • edited December 2010
    Liars420 wrote: »
    Would love to see a steam version some time this year .........really get off you ass and fix this shit 3/5ths of your users are from steam and dx8 cards

Ok telltale just dont even update steam now, let the assholes get what they diserve.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    1. No PM could be because Oh I dont know THEY AREN'T ONLINE it is 9:00 their time and are most likely just now getting to work.

Actually, it was 6:00 AM their time. 6:30 now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.