Update in the works!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
You may wish to know...

We’re working on an update for Poker Night to (among other things) clarify how hands with side pots are being resolved. Currently, when multiple players go all-in with different chip totals, the winner of the largest pot (whether the Main Pot or the Side Pot) is being announced as winner of the hand (even when a smaller Main Pot is lost to the best hand). The pots are being divided correctly, but the messaging is causing some confusion. We’re working on making it more clear.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    But will this help with compatiability? This is the first Telltale game I've bought that doesn't work on any of my PCs.
  • edited November 2010
    Woohoo! The side pot issue never bothered me personally, but I'm glad something is being done to mollify the many people whom it confuses.
  • edited November 2010
    I never really experienced many issues except 1 of my cards was invisible. I won the pot with my invisible card. Lucky or what.
  • edited November 2010
    On a different issue. There's also a glitch with the sound, sometimes I hear a constant high-pitched hum, like a mild ground-loop.......
  • edited November 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    But will this help with compatiability? This is the first Telltale game I've bought that doesn't work on any of my PCs.

Yes I dont care much on the whole pot issue but would love a fix to the lag.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure what else will get addressed, and can't guarantee anything beyond what's announced, but we have our ears to the ground listening for issues (as evidenced by the other sticky threads). So, thanks guys :)
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I'm not sure what else will get addressed, and can't guarantee anything beyond what's announced, but we have our ears to the ground listening for issues (as evidenced by the other ticky threads). So, thanks guys :)

well what about ant-aliasing or whatever, how do you do that.
  • edited November 2010
    Yea really hope i can play this game BE FOR THANKSGIVING ...
    edited November 2010
    Update will happen when the team gets back from thanksgiving break, sorry!
  • edited November 2010
    I hope it's get resolved, because I won in a hand vs Strong Bad and the Heavy, but because Strong Bad had the biggest amount, he got the Iron Kurtain! T_T
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not sure what else will get addressed, and can't guarantee anything beyond what's announced, but we have our ears to the ground listening for issues (as evidenced by the other sticky threads). So, thanks guys :)

The raise/re-raising rules? It's been a long time since I played on an actual table, but I remember re-raises working quite differently.
  • edited November 2010
    I see well this was my first game i ever bought from you and will be the last and contacting steam support for a refund
  • edited November 2010
    how about fixing the issue with the game not working and only shows a black screen and crashing all the time.
  • edited November 2010
    There does seem to be a small issue here, this is the only TellTale game that takes a while to get from the black screen to the main menu, like 10 seconds, but that's still longer compared to other games that are near instant or never more than 3 seconds.

Also noticed that my graphics card fan speeds up like hell when playing this, the only other games that it goes like that for is Modern Warfare 2 and a few other graphic hungry and texture heavy games.
  • edited November 2010
    When Heavy finishes his engineer story Strong Bad says: "That is some bleep up bleep ,man!" Even with the bleeps turned off. Was this a glitch or it was done in purpose?
    edited November 2010
    Swinetower wrote: »
    The raise/re-raising rules? It's been a long time since I played on an actual table, but I remember re-raises working quite differently.

You might be thinking of how raises work in limit hold'em, whereas Poker Night is no-limit, wherein you can raise without limit high or low, as long as you raise (I think) at least 2x the big blind.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake - check out the "poker rules" thread. The rules of pot-limit and no-limit poker specify that all raises (not just reraises... I don't know why Swinetower specified reraises specifically) must be at least the size of the previous bet or raise unless you're going all-in.
  • edited November 2010
    Well it's nice to see customer service is hard at work fixing everyones problems in such little time!
  • edited November 2010
    That's great to hear. In hopes of making sure it gets noticed, I'm going to repeat my hope that the fix stops Tycho's nose disappearing on graphics level 1.

nonose.png
  • edited November 2010
    i hope it fixes it so i can actually play the game! i just got it today and could never play it! because of the problems im experiencing.
  • edited November 2010
    When Heavy finishes his engineer story Strong Bad says: "That is some bleep up bleep ,man!" Even with the bleeps turned off. Was this a glitch or it was done in purpose?

That is very much done on purpose. The text says 'bleeped' as opposed to being asterisks.
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Jake - check out the "poker rules" thread. The rules of pot-limit and no-limit poker specify that all raises (not just reraises... I don't know why Swinetower specified reraises specifically) must be at least the size of the previous bet or raise unless you're going all-in.

Because my command of English is flightier than a drunken bumblebee. THAT'S why.

Anyway, yeah... what he said, Jake.
  • edited November 2010
    You may wish to know...

We’re working on an update for Poker Night to (among other things) clarify how hands with side pots are being resolved. Currently, when multiple players go all-in with different chip totals, the winner of the largest pot (whether the Main Pot or the Side Pot) is being announced as winner of the hand (even when a smaller Main Pot is lost to the best hand). The pots are being divided correctly, but the messaging is causing some confusion. We’re working on making it more clear.

Hell no they're not being divided correctly. As I posted in another thread earlier today(well yesterday tbh) I lost all my chips(45k) in a 3-way all-in. That's just not possible. The maximum possible should have been 2+3k but the game bugged somehow and I lost it all. I'm 100% sure. No doubt in my mind. If you have some sort of game logs I can dig it up for you.

/Fabbe
  • edited November 2010
    I really hope that at last telltale team focus on the bigger problems, i mean, im one of thous costummers who bougth the poker nigth at the inventory game to discover that the video dont works, even if the audio does...thers a bunsh of people on the telltale forums with this problem traing diferent solutions with out any result, and indeed been unable to play the game. :(
  • edited November 2010
    Fabbe wrote: »
    Hell no they're not being divided correctly. As I posted in another thread earlier today(well yesterday tbh) I lost all my chips(45k) in a 3-way all-in. That's just not possible. The maximum possible should have been 2+3k but the game bugged somehow and I lost it all. I'm 100% sure. No doubt in my mind. If you have some sort of game logs I can dig it up for you.

/Fabbe

That had to be a really weird bug. In my game, every time there are multiple all ins, whoever bet the most gets his leftover chips back before the cards are dealt.

EDIT: At least I think I remember that happening in a 3 way all in, I'm 100% sure that does happen when there only two people, but now I'm not so sure if I'm getting myself mixed up.
  • edited November 2010
    Fabbe wrote: »
    Hell no they're not being divided correctly. As I posted in another thread earlier today(well yesterday tbh) I lost all my chips(45k) in a 3-way all-in. That's just not possible.
    That's a separate bug. What Jake means is the chips are still divided correctly when the "wrong" winner is announced due to sidepot issues. What you describe is something different entirely (and, unfortunately, is something that other people have reported too).
  • edited November 2010
    Great news. Thanks much! :D
  • edited November 2010
    Yes indeed - I hope this update addresses some of the trillions of bugs I've seen in this game. More than any other Telltale release I've played, and I've literally played them all.
  • edited November 2010
    I think the only announced fix is aimed at the least important bug this game has.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, maybe I'm lucky, but I've only found two bugs:
    * The side-pot-winner one
    * Sometimes, after Strong Bad wins a hand, the shovel stays floating in middle-air between him and The Heavy.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, maybe I'm lucky, but I've only found two bugs:
    * The side-pot-winner one
    * Sometimes, after Strong Bad wins a hand, the shovel stays floating in middle-air between him and The Heavy.

Ive only had 2 as well

The extreame lag(if you check my steam account you can see Ive been playing for 6 hours, that was ONE tournamnent)
    and Max having a chip stuck to his thumb(if he has a thumb)
  • edited November 2010
    There is bug in how stats are collected. When you were eliminated from the game and you choose to watch continuation all hands are still counted as yours total played.
    I also had some another bug, though I'm not really sure what caused it. So after I've lost I watched continuation to see a winner, and after he was announced I've closed the game. The next day when I launched the game and chose to start a new one it asked, if I want to continue old tournament or to start a new one (even though I've never seen this menu options before nor can I now). I've chosen to continue, but it continued the game right from the point when I've lost, like I didn't watch it to the end. So to start a new game I've picked New Game again, it asked again if I want to start a new tournament, so this time I chose Yes. And after that all my stats were nullified, my unlocks locked again. WTF?

P.S. Also, your forums (or registration form?) can't handle the unicode correctly =(
  • edited November 2010
    Teeth wrote: »

Really? Did Season 3 play smoothly? I thought the requirements are the same.
  • edited November 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Really? Did Season 3 play smoothly? I thought the requirements are the same.

well for me season 3 runs perfectly smooth, but this game runs as if I am playing on my netbook.(which is BAD)
  • edited November 2010
    I once was all in with 3k chips, The Heavy Machine Guy called me with an all in of 33k chips...then everyone else folded. I won the pot and it eliminated the Heavy Machine Guy and I got his full bet even though it should have only given me 3k of his chips. So this is an edge case where there would of been a side pot if anyone matched Heavy Machine Guy, but no one did, and something went really wonky with the distribution of the payouts at the end. I've seen this work, but only if the smaller bet for all in came after the bigger all in bet.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, one time, the Heavy's cards were floating and visible... needless to say, I won that round.
  • edited November 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I think the only announced fix is aimed at the least important bug this game has.
    I hardly think so. It's a PR disaster. People can't have any confidence in a game where the "wrong" person wins, even if it's not actually the case that the wrong person is winning.

Of course the number of people who can't play the game at all is more critical, but the announcer "bug" is pretty bad.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for the support, Jake. As a user I really appreciate it!
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    I hardly think so. It's a PR disaster. People can't have any confidence in a game where the "wrong" person wins, even if it's not actually the case that the wrong person is winning.

Of course the number of people who can't play the game at all is more critical, but the announcer "bug" is pretty bad.

I still think they should work on compatibility issues, since the ones who CAN play the game also suffers from framerate and cursor speed. Seriously, I think "LOL, I won the thing, I also got the money, but the game says I didn't, what a story" problem is nothing compared to that. It's rather a gaming disaster, although a narrow one in radius.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm sure they're working on compatibility issues...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.