Update in the works!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Actually, it was 6:00 AM their time. 6:30 now.

There they should just now be waking up.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    There they should just now be waking up.

Another day, another... bagle at your desk
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Ok telltale just dont even update steam now, let the noseholes get what they diserve.

Aren't you being so harsh for steam users? (:
  • TeaTea
    edited December 2010
    valkysas wrote: »
    the update was out for hrs with no word on if they even subbmitted it to valve no communication what so ever so yea fuck talltale and there lies they even said in pm the steam version would be out yesterday and if you dont thank they have any control when its out then your stupid

that and i don't thank staying at the office for a hr more is all that -screw you to them when its been close to 2 weeks with a broken game

Go back to CSS.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    There was a bug in our Steam build of the update, and it prevented us from releasing it when we'd hoped. I'm not sure what the status is, but its not like we're deliberately withholding the patch from Steam. I would have liked to see it up and installed for everyone two days ago but that's now how reality works, unfortunately.

That said, dropping by our forums to post a bunch of snark and cursing won't do anyone any good. It won't make the update come out any more quickly or work any better, and it won't make any of the other posters or the developers any more likely to respond to you. We put a lot of work into this update to this goofy game, trying to fix every bug we could reproduce in the office, even fixed a bunch of little things I doubt anyone will notice, and add extra content, and when people come by posting entitled smarmy curse word filled posts about how pissed they are that the update isn't here.... I don't get it. I don't understand what makes a person think that will be helpful to anyone.
  • edited December 2010
    They are TF2 players.

I think "common sense" got lost for most of them quite some time ago already. Instead fury over things like Valve's decision to drop down on wait-servers (oddly and conviently forgotten it seems), hatcollect pandamonium etc. took over...
  • edited December 2010
    Ouch, I play TF2... I moved to the beta though since no kids hardly play it :p
    But I don't mind waiting for the patch, I'll be on a valve server playing with my Max's head :]
  • edited December 2010
    Ouch, I play TF2... I moved to the beta though since no kids hardly play it :p
    But I don't mind waiting for the patch, I'll be on a valve server playing with my Max's head :]

Yeah beta is better now. So far tf2s only bright side are that a FEW weapons are in it and not the beta like the engineers other wrench(the bleeding one)
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Something weird happened with the update last night, but it's on its way. We'll post a new thread when it's out.

When the update is available, here is what you will be getting, more or less:

Wait 2 new tables? Is that an apology or a hint at DLC?
  • edited December 2010
    Wait, where do you download the update when it comes out?
  • edited December 2010
    They are TF2 players.

I think "common sense" got lost for most of them quite some time ago already. Instead fury over things like Valve's decision to drop down on wait-servers (oddly and conviently forgotten it seems), hatcollect pandamonium etc. took over...

I play (and mod!) TF2 quite a bit and I completely agree. A level TF2 player is a rare thing to come across.
  • edited December 2010
    Mullon wrote: »
    Wait, where do you download the update when it comes out?

I was thinking the same thing but seeing as Jake said they'd start a new thread when it was finished, my guess is he'd put a link in the opening post. This will patch the game found on disk, if it exists.
  • edited December 2010
    I've actually got sort of a technical question-- WHEN the Steam one gets up, how will we know? Will Steam let us know there's an update? I've never really used the program before :(
  • edited December 2010
    Musachan wrote: »
    I've actually got sort of a technical question-- WHEN the Steam one gets up, how will we know? Will Steam let us know there's an update? I've never really used the program before :(

Steam will update it autimaticaly for you it will act as if it is installing the game again.
  • edited December 2010
    If you happen to be at your computer when it downloads, Steam will have a different icon in your system tray and it will say it's downloading Poker Night when you mouse over it. It'll also pop up a little notification when the download completes. If you're not at the compy when it happens, though, you can check the Downloads tab (under Library) from within Steam; it'll be there until Steam is closed.

Aside from that there's no easy way to check for 100% sure that you've got the update that I know of other than running the game and checking the version number.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, that delay is kinda annoying but... heck.. We're getting a update! Unlikely from EA Games or Activision, Telltale actually is fixing what the community said that needed to be fixed. Be glad that they listen to us!

I play TF2 and yes, most people in this game are trolls cry babies.

And just to know, the update was send to Valve? If yes, I think we are going to get the update in early Monday.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, that delay is kinda annoying but... heck.. We're getting a update! Unlikely from EA Games or Activision, Telltale actually is fixing what the community said that needed to be fixed. Be glad that they listen to us!

I play TF2 and yes, most people in this game are trolls cry babies.

And just to know, the update was send to Valve? If yes, I think we are going to get the update in early Monday.

Yeah a new person from poker night who isnt impatient.
  • edited December 2010
    Woah, new table? That's freaking awesome. No wait, TWO NEW TABLES!

Unfortunately making new deck would probably take too much time, so I guess we won't see that one happening quickly.
  • edited December 2010
    I am very glad for the update but I'm not going to get upset that's not on steam yet. I know people whine and complain about getting what they want and Telltale doesn't have to do anything with the game since everyone who cares about the update already owns the game. They're doing because they want to do it and they take pride in their work: something other companies should learn.
  • edited December 2010
    I wonder if they would be willing to cut a couple lines of dialogue. I really don't like Max's weird "Cheeeeeeck" or Heavy's "Check check check, on my sandvich, cha cha cha" line.
  • edited December 2010
    Others do, and I am sure TTG doesn't cater to *just* your interest...
  • edited December 2010
    So I guess a steam update isn't too far away then :) That makes me happy, I have been very much looking forward to playing this game.

Also, just because you don't use steam or you don't play TF2 doesn't make you better than anyone else, stop generalising.
    If anything you should just ignore anyone complaining about or bad-mouthing TTG. This is why people still think video games are for kids because you guys won't stop acting like them.
  • edited December 2010
    It's not that most of us have a problem with Steam in particular, it's just that whenever a new release causes people to come here from other communities who aren't as familiar with Telltale, fighting almost always ensues. It happened with Tales of Monkey Island, it's happening here, and it's happening with Back to the Future. It doesn't help much that the TF2 forums are generally regarded as a place of hate and rage. Sorry, it's just a fact that new licenses bring new conflict, and these forums are generally a happier place in "the off-season".

That said, just because some of the people who come here are more vocal, angry, and unreasonable doesn't mean that everyone is, and it's nice to hear a visitor speak up in a civil manner (not to mention using proper spelling and grammar).
  • edited December 2010
    It doesn't help much that the TF2 forums are generally regarded as a place of hate and rage.

I'd go more with "volatile self-entitlement", but close enough to a casual observer. However, I'll still stand by the "Other" forum as an oasis of civility amidst that swamp of social dung.
  • edited December 2010
    Well... everyone knows that TF2 players are only slightly crazy on a good day. :D

Good to know about the update news. I'll spread it to another TF2 forum to cut down on the noise here.
  • edited December 2010
    STrRedWolf wrote: »
    Well... everyone knows that TF2 players are only slightly crazy on a good day. :D

Good to know about the update news. I'll spread it to another TF2 forum to cut down on the noise here.

And I am going to the steam forums and watch everyone complain.:D
  • edited December 2010
    Of course i can't win the items to be used in tf2 but at least its working. Thanks Telltale.
  • edited December 2010
    I know how rare patches are in TT games, so I'm happy you dedicate your time to fix all these little things!
    Thank you Jake, to you and all the team!
    Nice work! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, anyway, Steam update just went live.

Just so you know.
  • edited December 2010
    Yes! Thank you the game works perfectly and is brilliant.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, would be nice to have Steam Cloud in future updates. It's kinda annoying to copy and past the files everytime I have to switch to another computer.

btw, nice job with the update! xD
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks for the update, i can finally play this game!

I'am still having some minor issues, when i change the shadow quality from the lowest to the next highest the game crashes, and the pictures for the revealed cards have those stripes on them like they were in the menus, everything else seems fine.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
    2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2
    512MB Radeon X1950 Series
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, finally updated and played the game a little.

The game looks better than I expected. Great job Telltale. It's great to listen those funny dialogues. And it's so great to see Max again...
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    ... We put a lot of work into this update to this goofy game...
    So that's what devs really think about their product.
    Thnx for update, BTW.

"Total hands played" still isn't fixed. It continue to count when you are already out and just watch the rest of the game.
  • edited December 2010
    So that's what devs really think about their product.

To be fair if you heard about a gam where a bunny, a mexican wrestler who checks emails, a russian assasin, and a game critic were playing poker, wouldnt you think it was goofy.
  • edited December 2010
    The game worked great for me before the update, all settings at maximum.

I do the update and now I get this:

66812921.jpg

What is this indicative of?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sorry, as much as that sucks...Strong Bad looks awesome in that screenshot.
  • edited December 2010

66812921.jpg

It indicates something wrong has happened:D
  • edited December 2010
    For reference, Windows XP SP3 with all Windows updates, Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz CPU, 2 gig of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4800 series. (I forget the specific Radeon model at the moment...)
  • edited December 2010

66812921.jpg

what table were you on
Sign in to comment in this discussion.