Thank you Telltale!

edited January 2012 in Back to the Future
This is my first time playing a telltale game, and I'm excited that it's going to be Back to the Future. Really hope to enjoy it today!

Don't really care if it's not released "on time" because hey, I have my own responsibilities so it's okay if I have to wait a few more hours or so. :)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Yes. Also, considering all the hate going on right now regarding release dates, time zones, platforms, and other such related topics, it should be said that you guys are doing a great job and the majority of us here appreciate it. Rock on.
  • edited December 2010
    All the best TellTale, I know its gonna be a huge success for you. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Welcome Tom, and your sane post.......Hope you enjoy the game.
  • edited December 2010
    TomLoke wrote: »
    This is my first time playing a telltale game, and I'm excited that it's going to be Back to the Future. Really hope to enjoy it today!

Don't really care if it's not released "on time" because hey, I have my own responsibilities so it's okay if I have to wait a few more hours or so. :)

Oh good a decent new user.
    If it is like any of telltales other games, you wont be dissapointed.
    If it is like poker night in terms of bugs.
    Im leaving the forums for a few weeks.
  • edited December 2010
    True That!!
    Im super stoked for this!, and the delays just mean im actually getting SOME work done at the office before i lock the door, DL the game, and spend my day ignoring calls and embarking on a journey through time :D
  • edited December 2010
    lokiramos wrote: »
    True That!!
    Im super stoked for this!, and the delays just mean im actually getting SOME work done at the office before i lock the door, DL the game, and spend my day ignoring calls and embarking on a journey through time :D

Yep I am going to...
    God I have to go see my family for the day.
    Damn it.
  • edited December 2010
    Another first post from me in anticipation. Yes I'm frantically refreshing the page. Yes I've tried to guess the URL. Yes I've looked at the CDN but I've not downloaded it and I'm fine with that :)

I'm a huge BTTF fan (see http://chri.sr/3jAY) but a first-time telltale player. Can't wait for this guys. Congrats on what I've seen and good luck with the launch!
  • edited December 2010
    Finally, a newcomer who isn't a troll!
  • edited December 2010
    A big thank you from me as well! I have been playing Telltale Games for about 18 months now, and they've bought back all my favourites - Monkey Island, Sam & Max and now Back to the Future. The games are the best I've ever played, and no other games company that I know of give you the fan interaction and offers that they do. Long may it continue!
  • edited December 2010
    Welcome.
  • edited December 2010
    Finally, a newcomer who isn't a troll!

Troll like you? back with ToMI?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    ahhhhh... warms my heart. I'm actually encouraged to sticky that one. :D :D
  • edited December 2010
    bambi wrote: »
    Troll like you? back with ToMI?

Hmmm? I don't quite remember that, but I probably was a troll, having not been on any other forums when ToMI was around...

Could you refresh my memory, I could use a laugh!
  • edited December 2010
    My first telltale game as well. Sadly I didn't even know this company existed until the announcement for a Back To The Future game. And I'm f*cking 20
  • edited December 2010
    Don't be sad... Two out of three ai-- I mean... I didn't either.
  • edited December 2010
    To everyone here, did you enjoy you're free copy of puzzle agent. Right now it would be a great time waster.
  • edited December 2010
    I did, already finished it twice with all the puzzles.
  • edited December 2010
    Welcome Tom (and to everyone else newcomers) :)
    I hope you love staying here. Is this your first time playing adventure games? If so, then you'll be in for a treat! Telltale has a lot of great games already, and I recommend checking them out :)
  • edited December 2010
    Since ordering from Direct2Drive, I don't think I qualify for the free game.

@Carlos.......lol
  • edited December 2010
    I played Sam and Max Hit the road from lucasarts back in the 90's and played Sam and Max Season 1&2 on X box 360 in November this year. They were great.Right after that I felt the need to get Season 3 and just signed in here to get Season 3 and Back to the future.
    I am really looking forward to play BTTF Episode 1. Thanks Telltale, for these great games. I will check out Monkey Island next between the episodes ;-).
  • edited December 2010
    Welcome to the community my first experience with a telltale game was tales of monkey island and I loved it.

You will see that telltale is a great developer that treats the licenses with respect and I expect nothing less when it comes too BTTF
  • edited December 2010
    Well since we're sharing our first times lol ...

I was introduced with Tales of Monkey Island as well ... Talk like a pirate day sale for $5 was too good for me to pass up (given that I am a big fan of Monkey Island games)

I now have purchased the entire Telltale catalog because they are so fun and addicting. BTTF will be no exception I am sure!

Thanks guys!
  • edited December 2010
    I'm hoping they do as good a job with BTTF as they did with ToMI - fantastic work on that series.
  • edited December 2010
    My first experience with these guys was through the demos of Sam & Max season 3(to see how it would run) and Bone. Then I preordered BTTF for PC and bought Bone. I hesitated at first to d/l Puzzle Agent cause I was like "Puzzle? Like Tetris, I'd guess, no thanks." Then I d/l'ed it and was saying "Holy crap, logic puzzles! This rocks!" I love having to think in a game once and a while. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Mind if I Bogart your thread to say thanks as well? I pretty much bought two full season preorders on the whim for me and a friend a few hours ago EST…hopefully doing it so late didn’t mess-up the game release. A-anyway, yeah hope to hear Christopher Lloyd enjoy himself being Doc Brown again in each episode soon.
  • edited December 2010
    My post count may not reflect how new I am, but my join date sure does. :)

I just wanted to give a thank you out to Telltale before the game is even available for download. I've been a Back to the Future fan since I was a young kid, I've watched the movies more times than I can possibly remember, and I've owned the trilogy on VHS, DVD and now Blu Ray.

I've always heard of Sam and Max, and I played the original Monkey Island forever ago, but this will be my first TTG release. Whether it's good or bad, which I am sure it's going to be amazing, I just wanted to say thank you.

Thanks for your hard work, dedication, attention to detail and obvious love for the franchise that you guys have expressed through all the pre-release content. I remember being amazingly disappointed with the NES version of the game; so much so I actually thought they just slapped a BTTF sticker on the front of the cartridge and someone else returned the wrong game to the store! The BTTFII & III incarnation was blasphemy as well. I never thought I'd be lucky enough to get a good BTTF game in my hands again.

You guys have changed that. So, from the bottom of my fanboy heart, with all the love I have for the magic of the trilogy, I wanted to say "Thank you!"
  • edited December 2010
    I'm new to Telltale games as well. I don't understand why it is being considered not on time. I'm as excited and anxious as anyone else in here but for one they are on the West Coast, for two it is still December 22nd. I don't recall reading anything that said the game will be available at such and such a time. People need to be patient. Technology and convenience have made us a bunch of whiners when we don't have it our way right now. I just want to thank Telltale in advance and say even if the game doesn't do anything upon booting the videos have already erased my memory of past "attempts" at BTTF games. This should be great!
  • edited December 2010
    That wasn't so bad! I got to work for quite a bit, and now I can download and play it! :)

Again.... THANK YOU TELLTALE!
  • edited March 2011
    I want to give a big shout out to the team for there dedication with the BTTF game. While some guys and gals may not prefer this, or just plain think the game is silly, BTTF has been my favorite movie growing up and no one has ever stepped in to make a game for it until now (that I can see). It may be short and sweet, but that is exactly how I like it.

So I apologize to spam the board with my lecture, but I want you all to know that there are people that love it!!

Sign if you agree!

*signs*
  • edited March 2011
    DefiantEnd wrote: »
    I want to give a big shout out to the team for there dedication with the BTTF game. While some guys and gals may not prefer this, or just plain think the game is silly, BTTF has been my favorite movie growing up and no one has ever stepped in to make a game for it until now (that I can see). It may be short and sweet, but that is exactly how I like it.

So I apologize to spam the board with my lecture, but I want you all to know that there are people that love it!!

Sign if you agree!

*signs*

Oh there have been games made before...just none that any of us would like to acknowledge :p

Until now

*signs*
  • edited March 2011
    How can you call this silly, This was a perfect idea.

Thank you telltale for making the first next gen back to the future game (that's good)
  • edited March 2011
    It's just there are some of us thinking that such a classic franchise like Back to the Future deserves a better executed videogame. It's halfway there; many people that constructed and shaped the series are also in the production of this game, but there are things going horribly wrong, which does not also pay enough tribute to the people working passionately on the game- let alone the franchise itself. What hurts people more is that it's done by Telltale Games, a company that previously accomplished gathering a new fandom by doing a successful job at reawaking a cult genre of gaming industry.

I really don't want to sign it because I don't feel like it mirrors even one quarter of the capabilities of this company or the potential of this game.
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks! I didn't know if people did this before or not. Just wanted to show appreciation and this was the best way I could hehe.

And to Falanca: I understand you're point, but things can ALWAYS be better. For what this is, it's awesome. A game of the franchise that casual and hardcore gamers alike can play, and have fun with.

But we all have our likes/dislikes :)
  • edited March 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    It's just there are some of us thinking that such a classic franchise like Back to the Future deserves a better executed videogame. It's halfway there; many people that constructed and shaped the series are also in the production of this game, but there are things going horribly wrong, which does not also pay enough tribute to the people working passionately on the game- let alone the franchise itself. What hurts people more is that it's done by Telltale Games, a company that previously accomplished gathering a new fandom by doing a successful job at reawaking a cult genre of gaming industry.

I really don't want to sign it because I don't feel like it mirrors even one quarter of the capabilities of this company or the potential of this game.

How about a nice 'Thank You" for their efforts then hmmmmm.
  • edited March 2011
    KoolMoeDee wrote: »
    How about a nice 'Thank You" for their efforts then hmmmmm.

25 dollars of payment was more than enough thankfulness I can show for this game, to be honest.
  • edited March 2011
    This thread was not made to critisize (not saying anyone is at all) or argue. It's to show appreciation. And if Falanca has his opinions, he is entitled to it.

I'm saying this because I can see this turning both ways lol
  • edited March 2011
    To be honest I`m surprised it took this long for a BTTF game to come out. I'm also very surprised that telltale created it and that its a point and click game interface.

I mean with the success of the movies (back in the day and in the present) its funny that no other game developers have snatched up the rights and made one.

But this game is still a very good follow up from the movies and seeing as this game is the certified part 4 following the BTTF3 movie, it has wedged itself into the BTTF franchise that others will have to follow.
  • edited March 2011
    I agree. It took a long time for them to snatch this up, but even so, there's not a whole lot you can do with a BTTF game in my opinion. To me this almost fits it perfectly without trying to overachieving...and failing!
  • edited March 2011
    Thank you Telltale, Woohoo!! :D
  • edited March 2011
    Thataboy silverwolf! Keep them coming.

Need more signatures. Surely there are people out there that are thinking like we do
Sign in to comment in this discussion.