Thank you Telltale!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Thank you for creating a Back to the Future game that doesn't resemble this abomination.

back-to-the-future-3-pc-game-screenshot.jpg

The amount of time I wasted on the first level of "Back to the Future 3 - The Video Game" was ungodly.

Here's to you, Telltale.

*signs*
  • edited March 2011
    That, and the original NES games were pathetic. Martin, mind my asking and quick offtopic, what system do you have it on?
  • edited March 2011
    Honestly, I doubt we'll see too many signatures here. Not everyone who plays this game is a participant in the forums(a friend of mine hasn't come to the forums at all even though he has an account and the season pass). Plus I think some people are waiting for the full thing before passing final judgement.

That said, despite the difficulty(which I don't have a problem with, I hate not being able to beat a game) and the weird glitches(For the last time Edna, I chose Michael Corleone, not Sonny Crockett!), the game's story and the characters really keep me interested. This isn't like a Zelda game or a Halo game or a Call of Duty. Those are action-oriented games that don't necessarily over-focus on story(look at the first Zelda game). Nor is it something like GTA where the story is generally left alone by the player(I haven't beaten the story for GTA4 and never will). BTTF focuses purely on the story. That's what I wanted from this game. I wanted one last ride with Marty and Doc in the time machine. I wanted to see what terrific and terrible consequences their actions would have. TellTale has delivered so far. I love this game so far, and after the nausea inducing BTTF games on the NES, I am thankful to TellTale for producing this installment in one of my favorite franchises. Now, if JP turns out to be just as good, then that'll be another of my favorite franchises. Too bad TellTale can't touch Star Trek...
  • edited March 2011
    Makes sense. Yes star trek would be awesome, but impossible saddly. However JP is looking to be awesome, and assuming the PS3 get's it in the fall time, that's where I'm going :). Haven't heard about an XBLA release for JP though.
  • edited March 2011
    DefiantEnd wrote: »
    Makes sense. Yes star trek would be awesome, but impossible saddly. However JP is looking to be awesome, and assuming the PS3 get's it in the fall time, that's where I'm going :). Haven't heard about an XBLA release for JP though.

I wouldn't say impossible, but the competition for rights to make those games is bound to start heating up as interest in the series rises again next year.
  • edited March 2011
    My first telltale game as well. Sadly I didn't even know this company existed until the announcement for a Back To The Future game. And I'm f*cking 20

Likewise, and I am 41 and I play games like this. I saw the ad through a game on facebook, called BTTF Blitz I believe? That's how I got interested in this.
  • edited March 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    It's just there are some of us thinking that such a classic franchise like Back to the Future deserves a better executed videogame. It's halfway there; many people that constructed and shaped the series are also in the production of this game, but there are things going horribly wrong, which does not also pay enough tribute to the people working passionately on the game- let alone the franchise itself. What hurts people more is that it's done by Telltale Games, a company that previously accomplished gathering a new fandom by doing a successful job at reawaking a cult genre of gaming industry.

I really don't want to sign it because I don't feel like it mirrors even one quarter of the capabilities of this company or the potential of this game.

I agree with you, and i think a few other things. i wont share thought i dont wana cause ww3
  • edited March 2011
    Yes competition will definately heat up!
  • edited March 2011
    DefiantEnd wrote: »
    Martin, mind my asking and quick offtopic, what system do you have it on?

Sega Genesis. Good times, good times...
  • edited April 2011
    I love these games! They're amazing.
  • edited April 2011
    iStock_000003827645XSmall1.jpg
  • edited April 2011

ditto.
  • edited April 2011

And I love your screenname. It's amazing. And I don't even know why.
  • edited April 2011
    Love is fake. I've been over that before with others. Love is FAKE.
  • edited April 2011
    doodo! wrote: »

Okay, how about: extremely high level of the upmost degree of appreciation for the game.
  • edited April 2011
    Okay, how about: extremely high level of the upmost degree of appreciation for the game.

uh...how about 'you don't not like the game'?
  • edited April 2011

I've never learned how to speak Japanese.. but I still believe it exists.
  • edited April 2011

This billboard proves true love exists!
    espo-5.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Mercedez wrote: »
    Likewise, and I am 41 and I play games like this. I saw the ad through a game on facebook, called BTTF Blitz I believe? That's how I got interested in this.

Ha, Blitz through Time! Yes, that's how I started too. I admit with that game, that I didn't know it wasn't Michael J. Fox at first. I thought, "Ooh, they did a good job with editing the sound files from the movies," and then I downloaded the first episode and saw the credits. I said, "Wow, but he did a damn good job...even I was fooled for a minute!"

As for other BTTF games, it was a movie that had to develop a fanbase first. That's why it's taken so long for this wonderful game to be produced--the people working on it are dedicated fans who know how to get the tone just right.
  • edited May 2011
    Prime Evil wrote: »
    Ha, Blitz through Time! Yes, that's how I started too. I admit with that game, that I didn't know it wasn't Michael J. Fox at first. I thought, "Ooh, they did a good job with editing the sound files from the movies," and then I downloaded the first episode and saw the credits. I said, "Wow, but he did a damn good job...even I was fooled for a minute!"

As for other BTTF games, it was a movie that had to develop a fanbase first. That's why it's taken so long for this wonderful game to be produced--the people working on it are dedicated fans who know how to get the tone just right.

Indeed. We've come a long, long way since this:

back_to_the_future_nes.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    TomLoke wrote: »
    This is my first time playing a telltale game, and I'm excited that it's going to be Back to the Future. Really hope to enjoy it today!

Don't really care if it's not released "on time" because hey, I have my own responsibilities so it's okay if I have to wait a few more hours or so. :)

same for me ive been aware of TellTale for a few years but when it was announced that a Back to the Future game was being made at first i was a Skeptic considering the last games based on the Iconic Movies were crap then when i found out that TellTale was working on it i knew it was in good hands ( plus having Bob Gale and Christopher Lloyd on Board for the Game was a nice Plus) So TellTale from one fan to another Thank you for giving us a great story im looking forward to the Finale and Beyond
  • edited May 2011
    Let's just get this out of the way right here right now. I've been a Back to the Future fan for as long as I can remember. I know the movies by heart, I aspire to own a DeLorean (if not already for the distinctly 80s style, which I also adore), I have a piece of art of the Jules Verne train as my desktop wallpaper, and so on. To say it lightly, i'm a superfan of Back to the Future. So, let me just say right off the bat that this game, as a continuation of the BTTF storyline, is pretty tight. It contains a lot of in-movie jokes and references a lot of other good material from movies and games as well, if you can find it. Despite what others say, from my personal experience there's at least one frustrating puzzle in each episode that I will admit I've used part of the hint system for, though maybe that means I'm not that great of an adventure gamer. ;)

Having said that, when I introduced my good friend to the Telltale BTTF series this past evening, I initially felt that he was going to be bored with the title. As fans go, he's pretty light when it comes to BTTF. He knows what a DeLorean is, who Doc and Marty are, and has a somewhat general idea of how the films go. We also started at Episode 4, which, although it worked for Star Wars (kind of), I almost felt like it wouldn't seem like it'd work here. He was caught in the middle of the story of the game, but caught on pretty quickly. Upon getting past the initial setting of 1986, I began to see a change in him. He got more and more engrossed in the tale of Marty and Citizen Brown. By the end of the episode, he was wanting more, and immediately told me he wanted to go home to buy the game! "The story's what kept me going," he says.

I feel that this is the kind of game Telltale wants to set for this series. An enjoyable, cinematic BTTF experience that all can enjoy. Sure, the puzzles aren't the hardest, but then again, should they be? This is BACK TO THE FUTURE, not Sam and Max! Back to the Future is movie turned game, not a puzzle game from the start. It's meant to be something that has a broad audience and is easily accessible. I feel that Telltale has kept a lot of humor and a lot of heart from the films and injected it into this story, and I wanted to let them know that they've made a fan out of him, and an even bigger fan out of me. So hats off to you, Telltale, for making a great game.

*steps off soapbox*
  • edited May 2011
    Indeed. We've come a long, long way since this: *screenshot from Back to the Future for NES*

At least Back to the Future for NES followed the movie to SOME degree.

Remember the gold Goombas in Back to the Future Part II?

Back-to-the-Future-Video-Game-back-to-the-future-458727_500_359.jpg

Back to the Future Part II for NES
  • edited May 2011
    Well, at least Part 2/3 had some of the music and the DeLorean...even though it had the BTTF logo down at the bottom to remind you what you're playing. :P
  • edited June 2011
    Dear Telltale games,

I wanted to thank you for your effort, hard work, creativity and entrepreneurship by making the BTTF game.
    I sincerely love it, and love playing it. Thank you so much. With regret I'm reading some of the negative response on the forum so this is me, giving my two cents.
    People should be critical but also thankful, and I think some are forgetting that.
    Keep up the great work. You have made me a believer in seasons and downloadable games.
    Puzzel Agent was great, BTTf is superb, so I'll keep coming back.
    Wishing you and your staff the best.

Enjoy you work, spare time, and loved ones,
    With high regards from Holland/The Netherlands
    Floris
  • edited June 2011
    Just wanted to say "Thank you" for making a great Game out of a great Movie!:)
  • edited June 2011
    Awesome game I want to give a big thank you to everyone who made this game possible!
  • edited June 2011
    To all who worked on this game.

Thanks so much for your hard work on this game guys, this has been one of my fave movies since i was old enough to watch the TV and now to have had the pleasure of playing all five chapters of this epic game all i can say is thank you....

and BRING ON SEASON 2!

that bit at the end just made it for me guys, when you announce season 2, you will have my $25 there and then.

Again thanks guys for such a great game.

Lost
  • edited June 2011
    Yes, but in the next season please focus on bugs.
    And provide deeper gameplay & difficulty.
  • edited June 2011
    Great story, Telltale!....I loved the end
    with that smart wink to the first movie but twisted towards a crazy TellTaleGames perspective
  • edited June 2011
    Me too. The season was great. First one I've bought from Telltale. Great work guys!
  • edited June 2011
    I reviewed the first episode here-

http://joegamesaga.com/v/2011/06/1308849278

Reviews for episodes 2-4 should be up by Friday afternoon, and the 5th one by the weekend. I'll also be doing an overview of the series too, but here's a spoiler I'm not going to tag-

I've loved this series. From start to finish, it's been great. Any complaints I had with it were mainly about the difficulty being a tad on the easy side and the control system taking a lot of getting used to on the PC. However- the charm, wit, nostalgia and just fun this series has to offer completely outweighs any of the minor flaws the game has. It's been a blast, you guys did a great job and I hope you guys make a second series. I'll be pre-ordering that on day one too!
  • edited June 2011
    I wanted to post this in the 'creators of the games' forum, but it wouldn't allow me, so i'll say what I need to say here, if that's okay...

Game creators, Directors, script-writers, animators, voice-actors... Hell, EVERYONE at TellTale, I just finished episode 5 of Back to the Future, and I could not be happier. I first came to TellTale when I heard they were making an addition to the monkey island series. While I was already a fan of Sam and Max, I wasn't a fan of the developers, but more the game itself. After that, Monkey Island, AND Back to the Future, I can tell you with certainty, I'm definitely a fan of the developers!

I've heard good reviews, bad reviews, and all of that mess, but none of that matters to me. To me, it seems like you guys really reach out to the fans. You ask yourselves 'What will make the fans happy?' and for this, I commend you. I have never had a bad time with your games, and you never disappoint! Without ruining anything for anyone who hasn't yet beaten the games, I smiled like such a dork, and clapped when I saw what was after the credits.

In conclusion, I just wanted to say, that you guys do a terrific job, and I wish you a long and fruitful future, of which I will happily be a part of anytime.

I look forward to more great games from you guys.

~Very satisfied customer, Chris (NekoStar) Flemming.
  • edited June 2011
    NekoStar, I make your words my words. I couldn't thank Telltale enough for this awesome Season. Perfect episode. Perfect ending. Just crazy and logical like the movies. I'm so happy I had the chance to play this game in the past months. And I'm so glad that Michael J. Fox played his role in the game.

A great game for the true fans of Back to the Future. Very well made.
    Telltale, thanks very much! Really! I'm waiting for the second season.
  • edited June 2011
    I also want to say THANKS VERY MUCH TELLTALE!!! (in caps)
    Awesome game. Very well made for true fans of Back to the Future. Thanks for making this happening, all of you. And special thanks to our time travel heroes, Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd and all the cast involved in this!

I just can't say thanks enough times. I'm so glad and happy for been able to enjoy this BTTF experience that Telltale did provide to us.

I'm waiting for the second season. Again, thanks everyone. :)
  • edited June 2011
    To the team at telltale:

Thank you for giving something to the BTTF fans around the world. I rarely play video games, but when I heard that BTTF was arriving, I knew that I would be buying it. Everyone has his or her opinion about the game, but I just want to say thank you for giving us the opportunity to see a continuation of some of the greatest characters ever created.

As silly as it sounds, I got tears in my eyes at the end of episode 5. Sometimes it's the small things in life that make us smile. I was, for a time, able to go back to when I was a child and be excited about BTTF all over again.

Hats off.
  • edited June 2011
    Game might have not been perfect, but thank you Telltale for giving us a new story with most of the old actors too. :)

Enjoyed it quite a bit. :D
  • edited June 2011
    I couldn't believe someone would make a continuation for my all-times favorite adventure game series. Yes, it was Monkey Island. You guys did it. And not only you did it, but you did it WELL. It was done for people who really enjoyed the whole series. I immediately became a fan of Telltale Games.

Then you can see my surprise when I received an opinion form on one of my all-times favorite MOVIE series. Of course, Back to the Future. And I was afraid once again. I was afraid Telltale could ruin something that was marvelous for me. I kept skeptical. And I learned my lesson. Telltale isn't a company committed only to profits. It's a company committed to fans.

I just played Outatime, the last chapter of Back to the Future. It exceeded my expectations. There were references from all three movies. A really intriguing and interesting storyline. A wonderful gaming experience. And, best of all, it was LOYAL. I consider this game the official continuation of the story, like a fourth movie.

Telltale, congratulations, and thank you. I will buy each and every single one of the marvelous game you keep providing us. And I will also recommend them for every person I think that could be interested.

Keep up the good work, guys.
  • edited June 2011
    Guys and Gals at Telltale

You did a terrific job on the creation of this game and the story was absolutely amazing to play through.

Thank you for bringing this to so many back to the future fans who have wanted to see this for a very long time.
  • edited June 2011
    People should be critical but also thankful, and I think some are forgetting that.

It's not so much that we're forgetting to be thankful as it's that we have nothing to be thankful about with this game: I paid $25 dollars for a game I think is shit, and just barely managed to suffer through the first episode. I'm still thankful about Bone, Strong Bad, Sam & Max, Tales and Puzzle Agent though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.